Sword Art Online: Yuri Edition -Take 2 (f/f, Bon)

Started by Daril, April 24, 2015, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmilingFox

I'd probably pass on my character being a Beta tester. I think it'd fit her better if she struggled and worked hard to get ahead. That, and she probably straight up lynch cactus-boy when he calls out the beta testers at the first boss meeting. Appologize? For playing the game to the best of their abilities? For not gimping themselves to pander to some scrub's bruised ego? She'd consider herself living proof that one doesn't need to be a Beta tester to be good.

That said, while sticking to the group she would help out and offer advice. That advice may sometimes be rather abrasive and useless though. Honestly she'd be the jerk-with-a-heart-of-gold character to a lot of people.

Daril

@SmilingFox -I'm not sure our characters are going to be part of the first floor boss raid, so that's not so much a factor.  It depends what you want to do I guess.  But her being a beta tester might give the rest a reason to be interested in her.  Maybe we should see how things shape up?

BTW, here's the code for character profiles, as well as a (incomplete) sample based on my character ( I still have a few things to decide).  If you're using more than one image in the appearance section, please use a spoiler tag to hide the additional (images).  Also, since this is a public part of the forums NSFW images should be linked to with an appropriate warning, though they can be displayed after we move to the proper subforum.

[b]"Real" Name:[/b]
[b]Screen Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Preferred equipment type:[/b]
[b]Play style:[/b]

"Real" Name: Sara McMillan
Screen Name: Artemis
Biography: Sara is a student from Canada studying at a Japanese university.  While not a major otaku, her interest in Japan is partly due to watching anime while growing up.  Her area of study is (actually I still need to decide on this part).  She has several friends at the university she attends, one of whom is responsible for introducing her to Sword Art Online.
Personality: While not a top tier student, Sara is reasonably intelligent.  She likes to enjoy herself, but also has a practical side.  While generally considered rather assertive by Japanese standards, she's still too modest to be comfortable with group bathing.
Appearance: Sara is about six feet tall with a statuesque build, long blonde hair and blue eyes (in other words, she gets a lot of attention in Japan).  She is proud of her impressive bust, but also annoyed by it.  She favors a white and blue color scheme.

Naked Sara/Artemis (NSFW)

Preferred equipment type: Archer?
Play style: TBD

Lucetta

"Real" Name: Genji Usagi
Screen Name: Rabbit
Biography: Usagi was named for her incredible rabbit-like energy, even as a baby. She would grow up to a father descended from noble samurai and a beauty queen American mother who she more closely resembles. She grew up as an incorrigible tomboy who colored outside of the lines and became obsessed with parkour. She missed the Beta for Sword Art Online because was cramming to finish High School early and have more time to improve her free-running skills. Her father was very supportive of her choices despite his own father's rage, and decided to spoil his only daughter with a NerveGear and Sword Art Online as a moving out present.
Personality: She can be incredibly friendly and the spirit of moderation instead of conflict, but she honestly doesn't care what others think of her and does whatever she wants when she wants to. Her brilliance sometimes shines through her energetic and blunt personality. She sees no limit to her potential or the potential of others, making her a great team player to have around and someone who can try things out on her own with a high chance of success or at least a survivable failure.
Appearance: While she is only 158 cm tall (5'2"), Usagi sports some intimidating leg muscles and seems wiry and flexible all over the rest of her body. She is clearly built for incredible speed, and her not being afraid to show it off tends to make her a bewitching presence as well. Preferred clothing tends to be the lighter heavy-class plate armors, and she never equips pants. When an armor item has customization fabric, she always turns it into that camouflage pattern nobody else seems to like.

Preferred equipment type: Rabbit discovers early on that taking off the pants of a heavier armor set effectively accomplishes the same thing as wearing light armor when it comes to mobility. She usually carries one powerful pole-arm weapon for dealing sweeping damage over longer periods of time, and multiple cheaper pole-arm weapons to impale into enemies without a care for losing or breaking them.
Play style: High Agility/Endurance with a hybridization of Strength and Dexterity for unlocking the use of better pole-arm weapons. In close quarters, she freeruns to make attacks and dodges harder to predict. In open spaces, she uses spear charges to impale single targets for armor penetration and high bleed damage or pulls out a glaive for sweeping attacks to keep a crowd from closing in. She can also leap onto and off of high ground to deal her fall damage to an enemy instead and stun them. Her high mobility and specialized offense make her good at soloing, but they actually classify her as valuable Support in team fights.

Lynnette

Quote from: Fyri on April 26, 2015, 02:44:02 PM
"Real" Name: Genji Usagi
Screen Name: Rabbit
Biography: Usagi was named for her incredible rabbit-like energy, even as a baby. She would grow up to a father descended from noble samurai and a beauty queen American mother who she more closely resembles. She grew up as an incorrigible tomboy who colored outside of the lines and became obsessed with parkour. She missed the Beta for Sword Art Online because was cramming to finish High School early and have more time to improve her free-running skills. Her father was very supportive of her choices despite his own father's rage, and decided to spoil his only daughter with a NerveGear and Sword Art Online as a moving out present.
Personality: She can be incredibly friendly and the spirit of moderation instead of conflict, but she honestly doesn't care what others think of her and does whatever she wants when she wants to. Her brilliance sometimes shines through her energetic and blunt personality. She sees no limit to her potential or the potential of others, making her a great team player to have around and someone who can try things out on her own with a high chance of success or at least a survivable failure.
Appearance: While she is only 158 cm tall (5'2"), Usagi sports some intimidating leg muscles and seems wiry and flexible all over the rest of her body. She is clearly built for incredible speed, and her not being afraid to show it off tends to make her a bewitching presence as well. Preferred clothing tends to be the lighter heavy-class plate armors, and she never equips pants. When an armor item has customization fabric, she always turns it into that camouflage pattern nobody else seems to like.
The Pants-Less Lancer

Preferred equipment type: Rabbit discovers early on that taking off the pants of a heavier armor set effectively accomplishes the same thing as wearing light armor when it comes to mobility. She usually carries one powerful pole-arm weapon for dealing sweeping damage over longer periods of time, and multiple cheaper pole-arm weapons to impale into enemies without a care for losing or breaking them.
Play style: High Agility with a hybridization of Strength and Dexterity for unlocking the use of better pole-arm weapons. In close quarters, she freeruns to make attacks and dodges harder to predict. In open spaces, she uses spear charges to impale single targets for armor penetration and high bleed damage or pulls out a halberd for sweeping attacks to keep a crowd from closing in. She can also leap onto and off of high ground to deal her fall damage to an enemy instead and stun them. Her high mobility and specialized offense make her good at soloing, but they actually classify her as valuable Support in team fights.

It looks like a cool character. I would upload the image to imgur though, direct hyperlinking often breaks the images.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Lucetta

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on April 26, 2015, 03:09:59 PM
It looks like a cool character. I would upload the image to imgur though, direct hyperlinking often breaks the images.

I'll keep testing upload methods until I have one that works. Thank you! XD

Lynnette

Quote from: Fyri on April 26, 2015, 03:22:48 PM
I'll keep testing upload methods until I have one that works. Thank you! XD

It works now <3 Imgur always work, just fyi.

Also, if you apply this code:

[img height=400]IMAGE HYPERLINK[/img]

Instead of the regular

[img]IMAGE HYPERLINK[/img]

the image will automatically be scaled and if pressed, will be blown up to full size, meaning that it won't take up more than most screens <3
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

SmilingFox

"Real" Name: Sarugaki Naoko
Screen Name: Acacia
Biography: Naoko's entire life seems to revolve around video games, often by necessity if nothing else. Born sickly, she was always behind the curve when it came to developing. She walked late, and spoke later, but took to reading and writing quite well for a sickly child. Unable to participate in things like sports, and too independent to fall in with many social clubs, she turned to video games to escape from what she viewed as a cruel and unfair world. Though she's known she is gay since puberty, she's kept such a fact entirely to herself. Lacking close friends to confide in, and worried about what her rather traditional parents would say, she is instead content to mostly just fantasize and sneak candid looks at others. She gets along well with her father, who works hard to provide for her family, but her mother makes it no secret that she'd have preferred a more traditional daughter.
Personality: While she doesn't dislike grouping up with others, she views being able to stand on her own as something praiseworthy, and tends to respect those that really put the effort into learning the games she plays. To her, it's not about numbers but skill, being able to tackle challenges beyond one's level and gear is the sign of a true pro. She pushes herself hard and is super critical of her own actions, though she tones it down and doesn't hold others to her standards. People that mock her for playing games, the people who say 'it's just a game' or 'get a life' annoy her to no end. To her, video games are her life. Outside of SAO, all she has waiting for her is more doctors appointments and boring days alone at school. She can be cold and distant at times, but most of that is a lack of confidence. She often doesn't know what to say, or how to act, and is instead content to follow and observe in social situations.
Appearance:
(Without the cat-ears, most of the time) For the most part, she wears light clothing that doesn't limit her mobility. Most often the majority of the weight she carries comes from her numerous pockets and pouches on her belt, containing every useful item she can think of 'just in case'. She's thinner than she should be, mostly due to a lack of exercise rather than any sort of dieting, and as such she isn't as happy with her bust as she could be. Her legs are her best feature, but even they are rather slender and elegant, rather than the fit muscular ones she'd love to have. She dyes her hair to remove herself further from her real world self, partly out of fear that anyone from the real world will recognize her. It's a stupid fear, but she clings to it along with the hope that she may strike up a romance at some point. (Or rather, that a romance may fall in her lap. She's far too cowardly to go looking for one.)

Preferred equipment type: Naoko makes use of light armor for maximum mobility, preferring to avoid hits rather than blocking or parrying. She uses a dagger for much the same reason, and is always over prepared before leaving town, a habit she picked up early and carried over into SAO. No matter what she expects to find on a journey or quest, she's always sure to bring healing items, antidotes, and myriad other useful but situation items.
Play style: Naoko has two main methods of fighting. The first, employed when she encounters a new monster for the first time, is a very cautious and evasive type of combat style. She'll harass a monster with damage while keeping her mobility up, attempting to bait it into using all of its attacks. Once she gets a feel for how a monster functions, what its tells are and how to dodge each attack, then she'll switch to properly killing it. She's a perfectionist, and will often grind the same monster until she has it completely memorized and can kill it without taking damage in return, if at all possible.

Daril

@Fryi

Rabbit sounds interesting, so much so that I'm going to let her ridiculous attire slide (I know it's probably not that much more ridiculous than some of the other outfits but it looks pretty ridiculous :D).  Would prefer it if she was a bit older though.  Multiple polearms sounds a bit strange, but given the inventory system in SAO I guess it works.  Though is there any chance you'd consider using a glaive rather than a halberd?  I've been thinking of switching Artemis' main weapon from a bow to a halberd...

Actually, have you considered throwing spears as a weapon for rabbit?  They seem like they might suit her.

Daril

@Smilingfox

Acacia's profile is generally pretty good, but I'd like a bit more from the appearance section.  Elaborate with some descriptive text at least.  Is she "dying" her hair in game like Lisbeth did?  It looks a bit too light to be her actual hair color.

Lucetta

Quote from: Daril on April 26, 2015, 04:49:42 PM
Rabbit sounds interesting, so much so that I'm going to let her ridiculous attire slide (I know it's probably not that much more ridiculous than some of the other outfits but it looks pretty ridiculous :D).  Would prefer it if she was a bit older though.  Multiple polearms sounds a bit strange, but given the inventory system in SAO I guess it works.  Though is there any chance you'd consider using a glaive rather than a halberd?  I've been thinking of switching Artemis' main weapon from a bow to a halberd...

Actually, have you considered throwing spears as a weapon for rabbit?  They seem like they might suit her.

She wouldn't equip multiple weapons, really... More like hold them in her inventory and hotkey them because they'd break so freaking often. Throwing spears would be a unique feat, and certainly not one that Rabbit would start with. I'm thinking about saving a really good play style kit for when she has leveled up and broken the meta a bit with her unique build. Which is something I expect all of our characters to eventually do.

Glaive is actually an ideal weapon for Rabbit when she's using sweeping attacks, and I think I'll make that the flavor weapon for her after all. Your character really seems like a good halberd type. Being tall makes it look good, too.

The reason I'm making Rabbit so young is because this is actually going to be her first MMO. Between her youth and lack of game knowledge, she is intended to surprise people as a newbie who just stumbles into the game with a lot of beginner's luck. She is meant to be ridiculous, unwittingly defy the meta that was identified in Beta, and seem to not really care. This is kind of what I did the first time I played Dark Souls, which was my first hardcore adventure game. And yes, I had that character remove pants to make them roll faster too. XD

Daril

The game has a blade throwing skill, so why not throwing spears?  Or do you mean that you think she'd need to master a basic spear first?  (I imagine something similar might apply to glaives and halberds.)

Sessha

Quote from: Fyri on April 26, 2015, 06:16:21 PM
She wouldn't equip multiple weapons, really... More like hold them in her inventory and hotkey them because they'd break so freaking often. Throwing spears would be a unique feat, and certainly not one that Rabbit would start with. I'm thinking about saving a really good play style kit for when she has leveled up and broken the meta a bit with her unique build. Which is something I expect all of our characters to eventually do.

This is kind of what I did the first time I played Dark Souls, which was my first hardcore adventure game. And yes, I had that character remove pants to make them roll faster too. XD

Where I see my character's growth just her mastering the art of the single two-handed sword. Taking it to it's full potential. Though I never could get into Dark Souls. Something about the game thinking it's important than my life what with a no pause feature and all.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

catherinehellfire

I'd love to join if you guys are willing to accept me.  I was thinking of making more of a first timer girl who can be shy but friendly and loyal when you get close to her.  I was thinking more of a light-medium armored sword and shield user.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Daril

At the moment we have enough players (I'm worried about what will happen to the game if too many people are involved) but something might become available.  No offense meant to the players who have already signed up, but I've noticed groups often shrink a bit as they get started.

Daril

I'd like to have everyone post a character profile by Sunday.  If you don't think you can make that, then please let me know in advance.

Sessha

This is the start of the character so I'll have something coming down the pipeline soon.

"Real" Name: Annelotte
Screen Name: Princess Knight
Biography:
Personality:
Appearance:  IRL Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Preferred equipment type: Two-handed swords
Play style: Annelotte's style is focused on the use of heavy two-handed swords for maximum damage output. She has a high strength score, but with a customization towards Endurance and Agility to help improve her dodge and ability to take damage by also wearing heavy armors.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Lynnette

"Real" Name: Aiko Yamahara
Screen Name: Achima
Biography: Aiko has always been a typical A-grade child. Highly intelligent, studious, and following the normal cultural norms, being a polite and withdrawn person. While it wasn't too hard to keep up in the earlier years, it became more tedious in her later years though. Things didn't just fall in like it was supposed to be common knowledge anymore, hence studying became a more central part of her life. Dead set on pleasing her parents and doing well in school, most wake hours were spent working on schoolwork, before she eventually burned out completely and ended up staying home for a long time, till it eventually left her attendance at a point of which she could no longer could graduate, and hence had to re-do a year. It was during this while that she picked up video games, mostly as a way to make time pass until the next semester.

When the new semester started, She picked up on school again quite well, playing video games every now and then to calm down from the stress of daily life, which was what it kept on being. After graduating high school, she moved from home and went on to college, studying engineering.

Personality: Aiko's personality largely depends on who she's talking to. She can be a bit awkward socially, not being the most sharing person there is, preferring to keep things to herself. Not in an egocentric manner, but more so that she just doesn't like to share her personal problems and the likes. She's undoubtedly intelligent though, both on a school-level and as far as video games goes.
Alternative images: LINK TO ALBUM (NSFW)

Preferred equipment type: Medium/light armor with straightswords and bucklers, or heavy armor and tower shields with straightswords.
Play style: During the beta, she relied on a PvP type build relying on heavy-cooldown hard-hitting abilities, though wanting to try something new, she went over to a counterattack-based build, built around using a buckler for easy parrying and straight swords for damage output. Besides this, it's built to be just strong enough to use tower shields should the situation demand it.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

akirakaneda

"Real" Name: Akari Miyamoto
Screen Name: Deathshadow
Biography: Akari comes from a very traditional family which can trace their origins to the samurais of the Sengoku age, and since then had practised kendo as a distinctive mark. Therefore, Akari has been taught kendo since she was able to walk but also a very strict discipline as is expected of this almost-aristocracy family.
However, her life has been complicated since her parents died in a car accident and she was adopted by her uncle, the head of the Miyamoto family. Although she is formally his daughter, many members of the clan still see her like a second-handed heir. Then, she has tried to prove she is worthy to be the daughter of the head of the family, she studies hard and its performance in kendo is outstanding to the point she became one the youngest kendo-team captain in her university.
Of course, MMORPG are the scape for he real life world obligations, and those games are her secret enjoyment.

Personality: Being the kendo team captain makes her well known, although not exactly popular due to her strict and bossy personality, after all in a family full of men and kendokas there is not much place for female interests like dating or going out with friends, she can be a strict big-sister figure, which can be harsh but also caring of keep everything alive, she believes that protecting her partners is what her samurai ancesters would have done. Although she is engaged in an arranged engagement she has not a boyfriend to this day.
Although she looks cold and sometimes aggressive by the outside, inside she is very shy and demure and even naive in matter of relationship, the typical kendo genius/social fool

Appearance:

Preferred equipment type:Light japanese armor, depending on the enemy a kodachi (smaller sword than katana) or a long katana
Play style: Like a member of the Miyamoto family her style is based in speed and skill, rather than power or resistance to attrition. Being a fast warrior she prefers to wait and plan to defeat the enemy with as few attacks as possible, her style could be said is based in the tenken (super fast attack) but also in ni ten ichi ryu style (use of two kodachis to close combat), of course she cant use two swords at the same time at the initial point.

Daril

Okay, some of those profiles will need some tweaking, but everyone's got something up now.

So the question is, how do we get these characters together in a group?  With a group this large, I'm inclined to initially form two smaller groups who can link up later.

Reaper, are you still good with Artemis and your character being friends from university?  They could form the core of one group, maybe pick up a loner or a scared newbie after Kayaba's announcement.

Perhaps the other group could be made up of players who formed a group for fun prior to the announcement?

Lucetta

Quote from: Daril on May 02, 2015, 09:22:25 PM
Okay, some of those profiles will need some tweaking, but everyone's got something up now.

So the question is, how do we get these characters together in a group?  With a group this large, I'm inclined to initially form two smaller groups who can link up later.

Reaper, are you still good with Artemis and your character being friends from university?  They could form the core of one group, maybe pick up a loner or a scared newbie after Kayaba's announcement.

Perhaps the other group could be made up of players who formed a group for fun prior to the announcement?

I'm all for a group that pushed for fun and challenging early power-leveling and survived before the announcement. It would need a tank and damage dealer with my character (Rabbit) being recruited to run support and pull elite mobs one at a time with throwing spears. If anyone else joined the for-fun group, they could be saved by the trio.

Daril

So is everyone more or less good with having two separate groups to start with (one consisting of Sara, her university friend(s), and maybe a newbie or two they pick up, the other a party of players who were having fun together before the announcement)?  Having two separate groups is a bit awkward but it avoids the clumsiness of a scene where a large group of characters are all introducing themselves to each other at once.

Actually with two separate groups, maybe I should let Catherine join in as well (though I dislike having too many different players since it increases the likelihood of the game being stalled because someone gets busy).

Lynnette

I dunno, I like having even numbers, it makes it possible to pair up two and two should it be wanted. Odd numbers make that a bit awkward.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Daril

Is your concern adding one more person to the overall group, or the size of the two initial groups I've been planning on using?

Lynnette

Quote from: Daril on May 04, 2015, 03:23:15 PM
Is your concern adding one more person to the overall group, or the size of the two initial groups I've been planning on using?

Hmm... Yes?

I dunno, as long as groups remain asexual, odd numbers work. If it gets sexual though, it could become an issue.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lucetta

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on May 04, 2015, 03:25:20 PM
Hmm... Yes?

I dunno, as long as groups remain asexual, odd numbers work. If it gets sexual though, it could become an issue.

My character wouldn't get sexual until much later in the game, so we would be fine. ^^