News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Questioning of PMs

Started by Tachi, July 17, 2009, 08:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tachi

Just wanted to see if there was something being edited with the PM coding or something, and if not to bring this to attention. It keeps telling me I have a new message (though I have checked it many times with the same messages still being there) and even when deleted (clearing all PMs) it says there's one message there. I have a ghost PM!  :-)

Trieste

This is a known issue that usually clears up the next time you get a new PM. :)

Tachi

Thanks for answering Triste, but this had been continuing even when I have several PMs in there. It just moves on to the newer one.  :-\

Trieste

Have you tried clearing cookies?

Tachi

I clear them every time my browser closes.

Vekseid

It may be an invisible label? Do you have any rules setup?

Tachi

I used to but I deleted it and all the messages in my sent and inbox just to make sure. It's still saying there's a message there.

Tachi

Okay, now it's not even bothering to tell me I have new PMs. At the top left it'll read "you have no messages." but in the navigation bar it'll say "MY MESSAGES [2]". (One new message, that I haven't seen at all yet, plus the mysterious ghost message.) Once I click on it the red PM notice appears and doesn't go away until I delete the message.

Very odd--the ghost PM has it out for me!

Vekseid

Well you can either create a rule to dump all messages into your inbox or I have to fix it manually, really, sorry. Will get to it : )

Tachi

Nah, don't worry about it. Take your time and all that. I really only brought it up in case someone else was having the same issue.  :-)

Vekseid

Can you see the mystery pm now?

Tachi

Yes, the ghost PM appears! And the problem disappears. Thank you, Vekseid. <3

Jadyn

Ahh — this all explains the _exact_ same thing I was seeing a few days ago. Yes, thank you, Vekseid =)
“The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you’ve got millions of pals out there. Type in ‘Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire’ and the computer will say, ‘Specify type of goat.’” — Richard Jeni
O&O [Edited July 26] and Availability Update [Edited Sept. 11]