News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

You may see dysfunction, but this is my "normal"...

Started by persephone325, May 04, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I had a really horrible day today. The cause? Well if you have to ask, you haven't read any of my other threads...

My grandmother stopped by today. She's an enabler and believes my mother could do wrong. She hates my father, and my father can't stand her. There was an insane fight at the house today. The "c word" was thrown around, and my dad only uses that when he is SEVERELY pissed off.

My grandma believes that it's his fault and my fault that my mother is an alcoholic. Well, that's when she chooses to believe that my mother is actually drinking. I don't understand why her and my mother both say that I was so wanted, and they loved me so much. But now it's my fault my mom is drinking and I don't give her enough love and respect?

AGH! It pisses me off!! I was so upset that I started crying. She balled her fist up at me, and I thought my dad was going to strangle her. That pissed him off even more than her outrageous lies and blatant denial. She said "What the hell is wrong with you? Cry some more, you little cry baby."

My own grandmother...

My dad said that on Monday, he's going to get a protective order against her. If she comes to the house, we'll call the police. I can't believe it's come to something like this. I'm not answering the phone when she calls, and I'm not unlocking the door when she comes over anymore.

What's worse is that I actually have gotten used to this. This crazy dysfunction has become my normal routine. I love the grandmother I USED to know. I love the mother I USED to know. All I can do now, is just pray and hope I never end up like her...

The thought terrifies me.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Formless

Quote from: persephone325 on May 04, 2013, 11:46:35 PM
All I can do now, is just pray and hope I never end up like her...

The thought terrifies me.

As long as it terrifies you. You won't become like them.

I have my share of bad family members. But I made my peace with their crazy.

Rogue

*wraps Persephone up and carries her away* The best thing to do is to realize their flaws and accept that you're not them. And remember the real meaning behind blood is thicker than water. Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. You're more than the sums of your family and you're more likely to take after your friends than your mother.

persephone325

Quote from: Formless on May 05, 2013, 07:26:04 AM
As long as it terrifies you. You won't become like them.

I have my share of bad family members. But I made my peace with their crazy.

I hope that's true. :-)

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on June 13, 2013, 04:01:17 PM
*wraps Persephone up and carries her away* The best thing to do is to realize their flaws and accept that you're not them. And remember the real meaning behind blood is thicker than water. Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb. You're more than the sums of your family and you're more likely to take after your friends than your mother.

You know, I never really understood that saying until you explained it just now. lol ;D But thank you for the encouragement. It means more than you guys will ever know.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rogue

Quote from: persephone325 on June 13, 2013, 04:13:24 PM
I hope that's true. :-)

You know, I never really understood that saying until you explained it just now. lol ;D But thank you for the encouragement. It means more than you guys will ever know.

No problem Persephone. Take care sweetie.