Legendary: The Arena

Started by Kane, March 11, 2014, 07:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane

7/10 Player Slots taken.

3/5 Female Character slots taken.

4/5 Male Character slots taken.

-The game may or may not feature 'adult content' I will allow every player to assert how far do they want to go in regards to sexual content. Therefore, it will be posted to extreme section. Whilst the game may not involve any sexual encounters for one player, I am capable of bringing in extreme content for those who want it. That said, the extreme content will only happen if and when it is relevant to the story. (Whatever players get up to with each other is up to them, but respect the limits of others. Don't go raping someone who didn't want rape in their roleplay)-

Also, there will be very violent scenes, and gory scenes. You've been warned.

Legendary is a multi-part fantasy roleplay set in a fantasy world much like earth in Victorian times. It will utilize a system built by myself, for the sake of simplicity. The system is easy enough to learn, and grants freedom for any kind of actions to be decided, without you needing to have full knowledge of the rules. In essence, you may play as if you were playing a free-form roleplay, but realize that the actions you decide to do in your post, may fail.

The first part is about The Arena, where it all begins, where the PC characters stumble upon their new powers and learn to use them. It's about their trials in learning to utilize and control their new powers. The roleplay will slowly steer toward more and more epic scale, as it moves from following the learning experiences of our heroes, to their quest to carve their names to the history of the world for eternity. To become truly "Legendary."

Legendary: The Arena
City of Gravenport has never been the most savoury of them all. Crime runs rampant in its streets. Governed by officials that have been bribed by the worst kind of criminals, it is unlikely that the people of Gravenport are going to be rid of this crime wave in a long long time. Gravenport exits in the world of Aether, much resembling the Victorian Era earth. Though in Aether magic and miracles are common place, so do the forces of the dark show their ugly faces in quite a terrifying fashion.

But back to Gravenport, as we were. Run by crime lords, the law department of this city hardly makes much of a difference. In fact, people are hardly ever locked up for actual crimes, or if they are, it's because those crimes affected the 'wrong people' Charges are often fabricated, for various reasons. Someone wants your land? If they got the money, but you are unwilling to sell, they might just use their money to have you put away for a murder you never committed, even when there is no victim. Albeit in Gravenport, there's always a victim. Somewhere.

Though the governing body is corrupt through and through, maybe the worst feature of the city is it's unique way of punishing criminals. "The Arena." It was introduced by the city officials, who reasoned it as a 'deterrent.' Their excuse was that to get rid of the crime, the punishment had to be horrendous. It had to be something that would make people more afraid than the capital punishment. They would make the convicts destroy each other. Much like the gladiators of ancient days, they were pitted against each other. Though they would pit anyone against anyone, there would be no gender restrictions.

At first the Arena was met with shock horror, but as years slowly ground past it became a popular past time. And the crowd acted like a pack of vicious animals, chanting for fighters to kill, to show no mercy. And often times, they would chant for them to rape their opponent. While many of the convicts were there through no fault of their own, there certainly has always been the element of vicious bastards, who would do the crowds bidding to humiliate their opponent further.

You are one of the convicts. You are to have your first fight today. An underdog in the eyes of many, that is for sure, as the newcomers are often fed to the more experienced fighters who have gained popularity. As you wake up in your cell this morning, you are feeling dizzy, you had a very strange dream for sure, and somehow, for some reason, you feel different today. Maybe it's just the nerves, maybe it's just the impending doom...

Without your knowledge, some kind of entity has granted you powers you never imagined, though you do not yet know this. Hopefully you'll learn to utilize your new-found power soon, or you might just end up as another corpse for the clean-up crew to handle...

Character Sheet:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Afflictions:[/b] (Most likely none, at the beginning of the RP)

[b]Possessions:[/b] (Only the clothes you were wearing when arrested, at the beginning.)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Skills:[/b] (Choose 2 combat skills or 1 combat skill plus the magic skill. If you choose magic, PM me what kind of magic you want and I'll work on it with you. You may also choose two other skills outside of combat/magic. Most of the time I won't need you to PM me about the two extra skills, but if you feel the need to clarify, feel free to PM me, or if I need to figure something out, I will PM you.)

[b]Attributes:[/b] (You have 30 points to distribute, no maximum per attribute. Take a note that 3-4 would be average human stat. Your characters are augumented by a blessing. Do realize that certain actions will be rolled according to these stats (Lifting a rock will require a strength roll)
Strength: ( Hand to Hand, Swords, Blunt weapons/Axes, Bows, Polearms, Dual Wield)
Nerve: (Guns, Bows/Crossbows, Casting Magic. Whips/Lasso)
Agility: (Evade, Fencing, Whips/Lasso, Hand To Hand)
Perception: (Guns, Bows, Fencing, Dual-Wield, Blunt weapons/Axes, Evade) 
Might: (Casting Magic, Power of spells.

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Additional:[/b] (If you do not want Rape, or other extreme sex acts to happen, this is where you say it, otherwise they will probably happen at some point. Also, if you want to be practically set-up for extreme occurrences, this is the place to mention that as well. Though it doesn't decrease your chances to die, it will increase the number of events where you might get sexually assaulted. (Such assaults may lead to death though, with some bad luck and bad decisions, so again, be careful)

SYSTEM:

You do not need to understand the system, to be able to play it, but there are a few key points.
You gain stats and skills by training in that particular area. That is to say, if you keep fighting people with a rapier, your fencing skill and speed are likely to develop. (That is to say, there are no 'levels')

You will not be having health points, mana points, or anything of the like visible for you. You will get a text description relating to your state of health whilst in fight, or whilst otherwise hurt.

There aren't many attributes in game to keep it simple. The main stats are: Strenght, Agility, Nerve, Perception and Might. (Might relates to magical abilities) Intelligence is not included, as the players will have to use their own intelligence to figure out problems, and it is not necessary for combat in the system. Please note that there will sometimes be dice rolls outside of combat! If your character has 0 in a stat, it means they literally have practically none of it. (0 magic also means 0 magic resistance. 0 Nerve means that your character may be easily distracted by certain events/abilities, 0 strength means you can barely lift your weapon, 0 agility means you are as flexible as a steel pipe, 0 perception means you won't notice if a dragon lands in front of you and kills your party around you.)

The skills are as follows.

Weapons:Firearms, Bows/Crossbows, Whips/Lasso, Pole arms, Swords, Fencing, Blunt Weapons/Axes, Staves, Throwing, Dual-Wield. (Fencing relates to fencing swords only, swords relates to long swords, short swords, daggers and two handed swords among others.)

Other Combat skills: Hand to Hand, Evade, Magic Resistance. (Evade relates to dodging attacks, weapon skills and Hand to Hand relate to blocking and parrying)

Magic: Every magi has their own set of magical abilities and they may not be listed here. If you wish to play magic user, you come up with the idea on how your magic works, and work with me to set the power of the abilities so that the balance is not broken.

Other: You may have a certain amount of skills/abilities outside combat and magic. These are decided by you, and I will work them into the game with you in a manner that doesn't break the balance.

Notice that humans are the only playable race.

World Inspiration:
(Help with character creation ideas.)

Movies
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.
Van Hellsing

Games
Thief

AurelieCatena

Yeah! Exactly my cup of blood!

I'm applying for gladiatrix role.

Would lasso and whip be possible weapons?

Kane

Quote from: AurelieCatena on March 11, 2014, 07:42:54 AM
Yeah! Exactly my cup of blood!

I'm applying for gladiatrix role.

Would lasso and whip be possible weapons?

Hmm, I never thought of them, but I see no problem with working them into the system, I should have time while waiting for additional players.

Also, I'll add here: You will not be having health points, mana points, or anything of the like visible for you. You will get a text description relating to your state of health whilst in fight, or whilst otherwise hurt.

AurelieCatena

That will be nice. I hope this game is going to take off.

If I may offer an advice, add your comment to your first post, where it will have more chance to be read.

Juggtacular

Very interesting. You had my curiosity... But now you have my attention.

Siereis

Hell, id be up for this as well.  Though how do you see the plot progressing over time?

Additionally, while I am totally fine with any adult content, can you go into more detail on what we could expect in the rp?  I realize you wrote it would be dependent on the player, but what would you ideally like?

Kane

Quote from: Siereis on March 11, 2014, 09:46:08 AM
Hell, id be up for this as well.  Though how do you see the plot progressing over time?

Additionally, while I am totally fine with any adult content, can you go into more detail on what we could expect in the rp?  I realize you wrote it would be dependent on the player, but what would you ideally like?

Right, I will be posting a better description in a short while, as it seems we have enough participants to kick this off the ground. (More players may join for the time being.) The story will progress from the daily life in the Arena, and the fights within, toward sort of a rebellion by the 'gladiators' to arrange an escape. (The reasoning to this is one of the few fixed plot points and would be a spoiler at this point.) From there on the story will evolve toward battling against, or for forces of darkness that threaten the world. As the game is open ended, many things could happen, but let's say the 'assumed goal' would be for the player characters to commit heroic (or villainous) deeds, carving their own legend into the history of the world. As the name suggests, to become "Legendary."

As for adult content, I am quite flexible in that, but say you fight in the arena and lose, your character might get raped instead of killed, it'll in a way serve as a way for me to not kill you off, most likely such encounter will also be rather violent. The story will involve different kinds of creatures, so various non-human encounters may potentially happen.

As a general rule, I try to be merciful This is not an easy roleplay to survive, but I will be attempting to come up with options for 'death' of a character. The opposition taking their gratification from your character, imprisoning your character and other such things. However, there's a limit as to how far this mercifulness will, or can realistically go. Death is a real possibility, so being careful strongly is recommended.

Siereis

Gotcha.  Thanks for the quick reply.  More interested than before now.

AurelieCatena

What attracted me is that this game was planned to be in the extreme forum. I hope there will be rape, violence and torture!

Kane

Updated!

Character sheet added.
Introduction to the story.
Whip/Lasso skill added.

The character Sheet has explanations, feel free to delete them when writing your own character.
Don't worry about making the character ultra detailed. You can if you want to.
Feel free to make a character now, and try to make them somewhat Victorian inspired!

As soon as you post your character, I will make an opening thread for you. (Since the role-play will pretty much start with a fight, the first person to get their character ready, will get the first fight, the Arena fights will be in separate threads. Others may roleplay watching them in the main thread, or may choose not to.)

And Aurelie. There will be. This is adjustable. I will work from "No Rape" to "Lot of Rape" This might mean that instead of getting any easy battles, your battles that would otherwise be designed to be winnable, will more likely end in getting raped. There will be difficult battles that can kill you though, but in those cases I might post something like. "It's clear all your opponent wants to do is to kill you" so you know you are fighting for your life (Aren't I nice?) Violence and torture will happen anyway!

AurelieCatena

You got me salivating! And not only with my mouth...

Do not expect my character to be weak in battle. I will not let her lose just to get her raped. She will do her utmost and her opponents should better be strong to win against her.

I'll try to come up with a character tomorrow.

Siereis

Expect a character from me some time later today. 

Also, since this is sounding to be an 'epic' story, are you planning on having equipment implemented in some manner?  For example:  enchanted thong of increased strength?

Additionally, will there be some manner of increased regeneration after fighting? 

Kane

There is equipment implemented, although the enchanted ones are hard to come by and definitely not quite that corny. :P

There will be ways to heal rapidly after fighting, especially in the Arena. Later on it will be harder to come by, unless someone in the party has healing abilities.

Batman4560

Should we post our sheets here or P.M. them to you?

Kane

Post them here, we will discuss them in PM's though, most likely, since the character creation is slightly more complicated than what everyone's used to :D

Batman4560

I have a quick question. On the character sheet is says to pick a type of magic skill. Does that mean we have the chance to develop more magic skills as the game goes on?

Kane

Yes, you have a chance of developing any skills as the game goes on, it's simply what your are profilic with to start with.

When you pick magic though, you'll have to work with me a little, because I haven't included any 'rigid' magic system in my system, to allow for freedom of creation, to let players use the kind of magic they wish to use.

I see magic as something free flowing and something that is to be shaped in ways fitting to the caster. Not in a way of "This is fireball, everyone will always cast the same fireball."

Batman4560

Name: Canderous Onasi
Afflictions: (Most likely none, at the beginning of the RP)

Possessions: Black pants and jacket, with a white button down shirt. His shoes are black with silver bands and on his dark gloves rests another silver band. Atop his head is a matching black hat that has a wide brim and a single silver loop on one end of the brim.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Personality: Relaxed and cocky. Canderous often will allow others to insult and harm him if it keeps his friends out of danger. However if someone attempts to harm his friends he will fly into a rage filled flurry in order to keep them safe. He tends to take life and luck in strides and has the belief that everything happens for a reason. More often than not, he can be found meditating on life and what events get him to the points he arrives at.

Skills: Magic Skill- Equip magic. (Being able to magically conjure various armors and weapons to the body ( Flexible yet hard leather like armor, a mace and a small round shield.) Combat skill- Blunt weapons/Axes
Other Skills-Keen eye sight, Magic detection (Ability to tell the kinds of magics being used.)

Attributes:

Strength: 5 ( Hand to Hand, Swords, Blunt weapons/Axes, Bows, Polearms, Dual Wield)
Nerve: 7 (Guns, Bows/Crossbows, Casting Magic. Whips/Lasso)
Agility: 6 (Evade, Fencing, Whips/Lasso, Hand To Hand)
Perception: 5 (Guns, Bows, Fencing, Dual-Wield, Blunt weapons/Axes, Evade) 
Might: 7 (Casting Magic and Spell Power)

History:

A wanderer by nature Canderous once belonged to a tribe of magic users who used their talents to aid smaller cities in times of war, thus forging strong bonds. The tribe would use these bonds to get food, water, and shelter during their travels. However after defeating a large army multiple times, the army paid off a smaller village to lure them into a trap where they did not have the time to cast the spells needed to defend themselves. While most of his tribe was killed, Canderous survived and escaped. From that point on, his face took on a saddened expression that never seemed to fade away.

He carried the pain of betrayal with him for many years while honing his skills at casting magic to the best of his abilities so that he would never be caught without his best defense again. Still when he entered Gavenport he was captured after defending a young child who was caught stealing to keep his family fed. Now Canderous awaits his "trial" in the Arena.

Additional: Im not really into guy on guy but anything else goes for me.

Kane

Bat's character has been approved, moved to OOC thread.

Siereis

Name: Anora del'Sol
Afflictions: None - for now

Possessions:
Green dress:  a slim, well fitted dress that reached down to her feet.  The material was quite fine and obviously expensive, feeling like silk.  The neckline of the dress showed off Anora's ample chest and a tall slit up one leg all the way to mid thigh allowed for motion despite the slimness of the fit.  No pattern.  Now that she has been arrested, the dress has already torn in a few places.

High Heels:  When she was arrested, the girl was wearing a pair of black, small high heels.  Only a strap just above her toes and around her ankles keep them in place.  Two inch heel.

Appearance:  Anora is tall for a girl her age.  Standing at just under 5'11", she usually tends to tower over other girls.  She has healthy pale skin and long black hair with bangs that tend to cover her eyes on occasion.  Her hair would usually reach down to below her lower back.  She has blue eyes and a calm, collected look about her face.  She has long legs and strong, thick thighs as well as wide hips and a moderately large sized chest.

Personality:
Tom-boyish at times, a noble girl at others.  Anora has always dreamed of becoming an adventurer like the heroes on the stories, yet her own background as the daughter of a noble family has meant she is polite, proud, and pious.  She is honest, when it is suitable for her, and tends to keep her life 'simple'.

Skills:
Ambidextrous - able to use an item in each hand very well: either dual wielding weapons or a weapon and shield.
Sure footed - Training in secret on how to fight with a sword and also being what would be considered an 'expert' dancer, Anora tends to be both quick footed and balanced. Even in heels she rarely missteps and she tends to never trip.

Attributes:
Strength: 10 ( Hand to Hand, Swords, Blunt weapons/Axes, Bows, Polearms, Dual Wield)
Nerve: 4 (Guns, Bows/Crossbows, Casting Magic. Whips/Lasso)
Agility: 6 (Evade, Fencing, Whips/Lasso, Hand To Hand)
Perception: 7 (Guns, Bows, Fencing, Dual-Wield, Blunt weapons/Axes, Evade) 
Might: 3 (Casting Magic, Power of spells.

History: Anora is the daughter of the well esteemed and rich del'Sol family.   While most girl of her status tend to prefer flirting and dancing, Anora grew up watching the men practice with their weapons in the training fields.  Because of this, she has always been a thorn in her parent's side who have tried to convince her to act more like normal girls.  Growing up, she spent half of her time trying to become an adventurer and half acting the high borne noble that she was. 

Recently, her family was arrested on grounds of corruption.  Her father escaped, leaving the blame on Anora and her mother.  She has most recently been arrested a few days ago.

Additional: I am totally fine with any adult content.  However, I do not wish for exclusively sexual content...I will leave it vague like that.

Kane

Siereis' character has been approved.

Batman4560

Curse my need to keep characters balanced!!!! Siereis your character is so strong. I hope we never have to fight.

Kane

Well, Siereis has nothing on you in terms of magic... So you have some trump cards, but I agree in a purely physical confrontation you are sorely in a disadvantage :P Try not to piss her off.

Batman4560

Not until I develop his offensive magic powers some.

Siereis

So that actually brings up another question:

Should we pick stats based on our character's history?  For example, someone with a history as a thief would be more agility and perception, whereas a noble born might have higher strength and might from being able to train?

Or should we be picking stats based on where we want our character to progress?

I suppose the best answer is both...