Epic at Elliquiy

Started by indarkestknight, February 25, 2006, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

*blinks*
It didn't seem that random Kylie, seemed quite specific to me.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

indarkestknight

Quote from: kylie on February 26, 2006, 05:54:34 AM
Curious...

*random sarcasm alert* 

So a few hyperpowerful ten page long characters play sudden death with really big beasties from the far bottom of the Abyss, or die of lethal blunders like not having the patience to fire up their thirty year old refurbished Gems of True Seeing...
Or do these characters get armies and ethereal ambassadors to play mega battle chess with everyone else's?

...  Seriously though, is it correct to imagine quite technical discussions of each round of combat, or is there a way of expediting that online? 

Letting the DM roll opposed checks, such as saves and Spot checks, etc, as well as letting him do Initiative.

And you'd be surprised. If the players aren't uber-munchkins (I've known a few in my time *coughBelial666cough*), then there may actually be some decent interplay. And I prefer not to do sudden death. Much more fun to mess with the players. Funny thing is, Kylie, no matter what level you are, tough choices are tough choices, and if you force a group into a spot like that, all the spells in the world can't help.

And Elvi, are you upset with me, dearest? Forgive me, but I wandered onto this site with the intent of playing D&D with fewer constraints than most forums will give. I just got sucked up by the rest, too.  ;D

Anyway, I'd prefer official Wizards products, if possible (and anything that's official but I don't have, I'll require the details about.). Note, my cosmology style is slightly different, so, no, you can't own Graz'zt at 25th level.

As for mystic theurges, I don't hate them. If I allow arcane trickster, or eldritch knight, I'm going to allow MT. Nevertheless, I will not allow for abuses like the Ur-Theurge or the Sublime-Theurge or the Sublime Ur-Theurge. Well, actually, no, I will. I'll just slap you down with my worst every other fight if you do.  :P

Anyway, anyone have a definitive level preference, at the moment?

Tahiri Anashia

15!15!15!  Can i play an immortal hero :D

indarkestknight

Define immortal.

And 15 is not epic...

LordAnubis

Well, since to be epic requires level 21 I'm good with any level. 

One other question,  I know in 3.5 they "integrated" the epic levels in the dmg, but do you still want to use the actual epic book?  Since the dmg barely covers any feats.  I'm just curious because if that is all the epic level stuff 3.5 is going to come out with I'm going to be very disappointed in them.

indarkestknight

The SRD has final say when it comes to what epic material there is, at least in core terms:

http://www.d20srd.org/

LordAnubis

OKay, cool.

I just hated that they had like 10 epic feats in the Dmg 3.5, it felt very unepic.  I'm good.

indarkestknight

I thought you said you'd go for neutral or evil?

:P ;D

LordAnubis

ha ha ha.

So, what level are we going to make? 21, 30, 40?

indarkestknight

I'm pondering, I'm pondering.

I'm leaning towards the 35th-40th range.

LordAnubis

cool, I get to make armor. lol.

Tahiri Anashia

i'm gonna make me an uber archer :D

LordAnubis

I can tell you all with absolute certainty that I can cover Arcane and cleric divine spells.  I'm going to be an uber caster. and at level 30, an uber caster with armor. *dances as he finally gets to do this*

Jefepato

In the 35-40 range, I may just see about playing some kind of fiend (or celestial if we decide that evil isn't so great after all).  I just wish the fiend of possession and fiend of corruption prestige classes had epic progressions...

GB, what's your feeling on custom magic items?  In my experience, games at these levels tend to result in everyone's items having a long list of effects tagged on using the 1.5x multiplier.

Which is all well and good, but gets somewhat ridiculous.

Also, are you keeping your old rules about level adjustments in effect?

LordAnubis

Oh, also as important since I don't know your level adjustment rules.

Are you going to allow the "buy off" level adjustment feature of the Unearthed arcana?

Aphrodite

Oh God...O.O

You guys just lost me...I was keeping up just fine until I started reading the the 2-4th pages...

*pouts*

So maybe I didn't understand this as well as I'd thought...levels??? O.O
I had a party last night. You didn't come, but your man did...twice. And you say he wants you? Hah. Looks like my ass is the one he's after. ;)

Jefepato

Quote from: Aphrodite on February 26, 2006, 02:04:08 PM
So maybe I didn't understand this as well as I'd thought...levels??? O.O

"Epic" means a D&D game where the characters are level 21 or higher.

If you're not familiar with D&D, this is probably not the place to start.

Aphrodite

*nods* I was thinking the same thing. Looks like I misconstrued the concept. heh.
I had a party last night. You didn't come, but your man did...twice. And you say he wants you? Hah. Looks like my ass is the one he's after. ;)

kylie

I'm sorta thinking, I'm familiar with D&D up to about level 9 in 2nd Ed.  But this is leaving me clueless.

LordAnubis

Well most of what Jep and I are talking about are other things you can do with DnD most games don't get far enough to do any of the fun twist stuff.

If your familiar with DnD doing epic won't be a problem it's just a rule change for your levels above 20.  Very simple stuff.

If you're not familire with DnD well, I could help you through the dice and system part of it, but some of it you'd have to ask alot of questions.

2nd ed it's just some rule changes, it wouldn't take too much to convert over, just learning what is what compared to 2nd ed.

Aphrodite

Actually, I think I'll keep myself out of this one for now. ^_^ I'm more comfortable learning the basics first, and I found a couple of friends to help me get the gist, so it's all good. :)

Have fun though. :D

Hunter

Because I'm feeling lazy, what are the details?

LordAnubis

So far 35-40 level, not Faerun and at the moment leaning towards evil.

Besides that the details are still open.

I can tell you with certainty, I'll be a wizard/cleric/mystic Theruge/archmage/.... not sure after that, but I'll be a spell caster.

Hunter

Okay, I'd have to go with an epic rogue.   ;D 

LordAnubis

lol, you'd have to use daggers byt if you take five levels of invisible knife you could make a feint as a free action, two weapon fighting, would give you 6 attacks a round and you'd get sneak attack on every one of them if you got your buff high enough.