Epic Pathfinder experiment

Started by Chloe Milev, September 27, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

3.5 level adjustment would make things easier to manage.

fallensaviour

i'd say 3.5 level adjsutment -1 because tiefling and aasimar were both +1 la in 3.5 and they dont have one in pathfinder due to the more powerful nature of things in this game.

also in cases like gnoll or something that wasnt statted as playable in pathfinder use the 3.5 play as (insert monster name here) rules with modifications to skills as needed

Zaer Darkwail

Nor drows have LA in Pathfinder as I recall, expect the 'noble bloodlined' version which adds some extra stats and spell-alike abilities.

Chloe Milev

Yeah, everyone in pathfinder kind of starts as a +1 LA.  And being level 20 or higher, an Aasimar or Tiefling's energy resistance 5 isn't huge; anyone could get a ring or potions of energy resistance or something.  Now an Astral Deva, that's a complete 20 level character according to Savage Species.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chloe Milev

That's pretty cool.  It's impossible to include every feat and option in there, but it's pretty snazzy for getting the outline worked out.

Well, maybe I'll start talking about the not-so-secret parts of the plot I've been cooking up.  I envision that for whatever reason brings everyone together (already a party, or in the same area, or individually recruited), an Ardent Dilettante (Planar Handbook) brings to you an interesting proposition:  collect the DNA (or "magical essence," etc) of various creatures, small and great, meek and powerful, mundane and extra-planar.  This could be blood, tears, bone, hair, semen, an egg, through whatever method you deem necessary to procure and preserve it.  He (or she) is fairly knowledgeable and well-traveled, and is willing to be a kind of guide on this quest, should you need one.

In fact, if the party lacks some needed resource, I'm always willing to throw an NPC in to help.  If everyone wants to make sorcerers, then I can include a meat shield or other heavily-armored thing, and vice-versa.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Zaer Darkwail

That is nice to hear that everyone call roll whatever classes and you provide perfect npc fillers :P. That case we need then talk about party alignment overall; good, bad, 'gold middle path' walkers or grayer perspective from good or bad angle?

avorae

I am looking to go Chaotic good (Formarly Lawful)
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

CirclMastr

Well I'm probably going to go Chaotic Good, and I'm pretty set on the Two-Handed Fighter archetype.  Nothing too complicated.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Callie Del Noire

Been working on mine but classwork comes first. That and I'm wondering which is better.. 16 Alch/ 4 Master Chymsit or 10 Alch/10 Master Chymist.

Sabriel

Quote*bump* others still in this?

No I think I am going to give this amiss now, good luck with it all anyway.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2010, 12:07:01 PM
What's difference?

I think it comes down to skill points, special abilities and saves.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, usual my ruling is to go full PrC progression in epic games. Makes chars more unique and special.

ulthakptah

I kinda want to build something with Ur-Priest but that would make me EVIL, is that ok with everyone?

avorae

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 01, 2010, 12:30:54 PM
Well, usual my ruling is to go full PrC progression in epic games. Makes chars more unique and special.

Normally i don't go PRC but lately the Shadowdancer has been calling to me so i am going to take it all the way. Looking at doing a 5 monk/5 rogue/ 10 Shadowdancer but i am still not sure on race yet. Once i hnail that down i can get started on the sheet.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Ironwolf85

Mr. Evil... I'd have to smite you...
but anyway, I was thinking of playing somthing, because I have 1 of my own, another starting up, the rest have ended, or died suddenly.
I think I'd like to bring back my minotaur Ezo... he could be fun to play+
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Ironwolf85

or maybe my character Vernon, a furry gladiator turned paladin... offically he's a cursed human, so other than an increase in movement by two squares, he's got the same stats as a human.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Zatoplek

I would be interested in playing. I've no idea about Pathfinder though, or any of the characters or classes, so if someone could point me in the right directions I would read up for the game. If you're looking for more experienced players then that's fine too.

Z

Chloe Milev

Well, Pathfinder takes the Dungeons and Dragons rules (edition 3.5), and streamlines them a bit.  Most of the rules are online here and some extra materials here.  I, or anyone else who wants to, can help you set up a character.  I think we'll be using the rules for combat and skill checks.  I can definitely help out with that while we're playing as well.  If you'd like to PM me, you can think of what kind of concept you'd like to go with (melee fighter, archer, magic blasting, healing and protecting, sneaky stabby, etc.  And human, elf, dwarf, or something slightly more exotic).

When people have finished their characters, Myth Weavers and PlotHook are both good for posting the sheet online for me to see, so I know the capabilities of the party, and if you need any supplemental NPC (and what weaknesses to exploit, mwahaha!)  Actually, Plothook is better for this, they have an actual Pathfinder option on their sheets.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

WyzardWhately

It seems like you've lost a player...do you have room for another one?  I've been wanting to play a really high-level D&D game for quite some time, and this would really scratch my itch.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Ironwolf85

nice to see you again WyzardWhately

Chloe Milev

Let's see, so far we have:

Callie Del Noire   Alchemist - Master Chymist
ulthakptah          Ur-Priest?
avorae                Monk, Rogue - Shadowdancer
CirclMastr            Two-handed fighter
ZaerDarkwail
Ironwolf85
Zatoplek
WyzardWhately
Chloe Milev         NPCs, antagonists, monsters, gods, existential dread, etc

Eight players, that's probably alright, but probably full now, if everyone is still interested.  Are people busily rolling characters, or waiting for something more to happen?  Need any more information/inspiration?  Right now it's generic medieval fantasy world, but we can make it more specific if we want or need.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Callie Del Noire

Eberron-ish world? (I'll try to type up the character tomorrow.. still figureing out the money/goodies)