News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wandering Mind

Wow.  So many interesting anime to look into...

If it's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord and That Time I was Reincarnated as a Slime are a couple of my favorites that I got into this year.
Estimated response rate: 3 to 10 days.
Owed Posts: Too many
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Zaer Darkwail

Have now watched Attack on Titan Season 2 and 3. Perhaps now take look on Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid or Log Horizon season 2.

Haruki

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on September 14, 2019, 04:09:31 PM
Have now watched Attack on Titan Season 2 and 3. Perhaps now take look on Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid or Log Horizon season 2.

Don't spoil AoT Season 2 Just yet.  I have it sitting in my collection.  I watched S1 and will need to rewatch it.  Take it slowly; a lot happens in that series.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Haruki on September 14, 2019, 09:38:22 PM
Don't spoil AoT Season 2 Just yet.  I have it sitting in my collection.  I watched S1 and will need to rewatch it.  Take it slowly; a lot happens in that series.

Do not plan spoil anything from either season but indeed lot of things happen (and do happen in those seasons). Albeit
semi-spoiler
the final episode in season 3 ends with a start of a new mission and not in a climax after a event (it sort happens in 2 episodes earlier).

Mirrah

I thought Log Horizon got more interesting as it went on. I really wanted more of it.
"Dream... not of what you are... but of what you want to be." - Margulis
Status: Closed. Semi Hiatus. | Have you taken care of yourself today?

yugi006

Waiting on a season 3 of Log Horizon.

Azuresun

Just finished Zombie Land Saga, which is the story of an idol group struggling to rise to the top of the unforgiving world of pop. Oh, and they're all zombies resurrected to create an undead super-group by an arrogant, incompetent and kind of stupid manager.

It's one of those well-done parodies that is also a good example of the thing it's parodying--yes, it's mocking the "seven cute girls bond and learn to trust each other as they climb the ladder to pop stardom" story, but I also found myself liking the characters and enjoying seeing them bounce off each other. It never plays things completely straight, but I found myself both laughing about how absurd the causes of the big crisis in the last episode were, and thinking how it also struck a chord with problems I've struggled with. Overall, really good--I think the rap battle in the second episode is one of my favourite anime moments ever.  :-)

Oniya

Quote from: Haruki on September 14, 2019, 08:46:58 AM
Nowadays with dubs the complaint is how a lot of shows use the same VAs.  This was a problem in both the early 2000s (when Pioneer/Geneon and Bandai both used BangZoom!), and in the latter 2000s/early 2010s with FUNimation and Sentai.  There are two newer-ish studios now (NYAV Post and Sound Cadence) and with Crunchyroll and Aniplex in the game, it's beginning to become more varied, which I like to hear.

I was sometimes amused by VAs that showed up in different dubs.  Like, the VA who did Jessie in Pokemon did almost the exact same character in Dinosaur King.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

wander

Quote from: Azuresun on September 19, 2019, 04:13:29 PM
Just finished Zombie Land Saga, which is the story of an idol group struggling to rise to the top of the unforgiving world of pop. Oh, and they're all zombies resurrected to create an undead super-group by an arrogant, incompetent and kind of stupid manager.

It's one of those well-done parodies that is also a good example of the thing it's parodying--yes, it's mocking the "seven cute girls bond and learn to trust each other as they climb the ladder to pop stardom" story, but I also found myself liking the characters and enjoying seeing them bounce off each other. It never plays things completely straight, but I found myself both laughing about how absurd the causes of the big crisis in the last episode were, and thinking how it also struck a chord with problems I've struggled with. Overall, really good--I think the rap battle in the second episode is one of my favourite anime moments ever.  :-)

Amazing series. I actually really liked the manager character!  :D

Also Saki = best girl.  8-)

CaptainNexus616

I tried watching Seven Deadly Sins recently...it was ok? I dunno it felt very generic in all truth, but I felt like I was supposed to like it? Does that make sense?

Meanwhile I ended up starting Goblin Slayer and completely abandoned SDS to watch that one in its entirety. I sat down and binged from the second episode all the way to the end.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mirrah

Luuuucky. I watched Goblin Slayer when it was coming out, so every week it was like, "Give me some Goblin Slayeeeeeeer!" XD

I did enjoy Seven Deadly Sins, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I did Goblin Slayer. You're right, it did feel kind of generic.

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Mirrah on September 22, 2019, 07:45:15 PM
Luuuucky. I watched Goblin Slayer when it was coming out, so every week it was like, "Give me some Goblin Slayeeeeeeer!" XD

I did enjoy Seven Deadly Sins, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I did Goblin Slayer. You're right, it did feel kind of generic.

Someone understands the pain!
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Haruki

I'm a few days late to the party with it, but I put a close to the first season of Fruits Basket's do-over.  I followed it weekly since it got going this past April.  Other than slight (by a few hours) delays, what amazed me was how the show kept to its Friday timeslot for new episodes.

Overall a beautifully done series so far on a technical/artistic standpoint.  TMS ran rings around DEEN's 2001 version....obviously a lot of care was taken, and I'm sure the BluRay release will look even more pretty.  I watched it in English dub format, and it was amazing to me how the returning cast seemed to slip easily into their characters as if they never left them.  The newbies to the cast of VAs also seemed to slip into character fairly quickly to my ears.

Now I just have to wait.  2020 is going to be a busy year for me in anime land.  Reincarnated as a Slime, Shield Hero, AND Fruits Basket all returning.

As I don't have much in the queue for Fall '19, now may be a good time to work my way through titles I have on disc that remain unwatched/unfinished.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Sasquatch421

Currently going old school with El Hazard, Gasaraki and Blue Seed... I have also been reading about Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection and need to get back into Island...

CaptainNexus616

Thanks once again to Netflix having the Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix and Hulu having the second series

Can safely say I'm a Lupin the Third fan now.

Wandering Mind

I finished watching Goblin Slayer.  Wow.  That anime was dark.  I was completely unprepared for that. 
Vague spoiler warning
Thanks to the first episode, I was ready for bad stuff to happen to the main characters every episode.

I needed something more light hearted after that.  I'm now watching 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' for the second time.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mellific

I wish there was a Death Parade season 2 or something like it for me to sink my teeth into this fall season.

O/O | A/A | MM

Mirrah

Quote from: Wandering Mind on October 11, 2019, 11:02:12 AM
I finished watching Goblin Slayer.  Wow.  That anime was dark.  I was completely unprepared for that. 
Vague spoiler warning
Thanks to the first episode, I was ready for bad stuff to happen to the main characters every episode.

I needed something more light hearted after that.  I'm now watching 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime' for the second time.

Yeah, I had to watch something light to balance out Goblin Slayer, too. It was intense. I enjoyed it.

Mr Shadow

I'm just wondering. Does anyone have any horror anime suggestions I could watch around Halloween? Or even plain psychological? Preferably titles that are more unknown cause Ive seen the more famous mainstream ones like Higurashi no koro ni for example.  ::)

ReijiTabibito

There's a few I could recommend, though I would stress that some of these are mixed-genre.

Requiem from the Darkness is usually the one I recommend first, as it's short (13ep) and the only constant between the episodes are the four main characters - it's also semi-obscure, IMO.  Not entirely sure where you'd find it, though.
Another is one that's good, though it's also a mystery and requires you to keep track of details and clues if you want to find out 'whodunnit.'  This one, I know you can see on Crunchyroll or The Anime Network.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia is...a lot of things.  Horror, school life, romance, mystery...it's a short 12ep, and the basic plot idea is a boy and a ghost (a girl) investigating the circumstances under which she died, but there are a number of ghost stories tangled up with the school.

This isn't an anime, but a tokusatsu - but it is much more horror oriented, being a toku aimed at adults rather than kids: GARO.  There are anime versions of it (there's two series and a movie, I think), and it goes back to 2005, with the original TV series.  I won't say it'll be easy to find it, as a warning.

Mellific

Quote from: Mr Shadow on October 12, 2019, 12:48:04 AM
I'm just wondering. Does anyone have any horror anime suggestions I could watch around Halloween? Or even plain psychological? Preferably titles that are more unknown cause Ive seen the more famous mainstream ones like Higurashi no koro ni for example.  ::)

I recommend: Death Parade. It is my favorite anime. Here is a synopsis.

Death Note is a classic that I assume most people have already seen, but it NEEDS to be repeated, just in case someone hasn't seen it. It is one of the best anime of all time.

I also recommend Erased (which was how I knew it to be titled, but apparently it is called something different), if you're looking for something slightly more psychological.

O/O | A/A | MM

Wandering Mind

I'll second Death Note.  I haven't watched the anime but I have read the manga.  I remember there was a certain event that in Death Note that nearly killed my motivation to keep reading.  (I'm guessing people who watch/read it know what I'm talking about.)  But after a couple of years, I finished it.  It is a great story.

I haven't seen the other recommendations.  Looks like there's not going to be a lack of material to watch.  I've been randomly checking out different anime on Crunchyroll but I haven't had a lot of luck finding ones that I particularly.  I think I'm going to start paying more attention to recommendations here.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mellific

Quote from: Wandering Mind on October 13, 2019, 12:45:38 PM
I'll second Death Note.  I haven't watched the anime but I have read the manga.  I remember there was a certain event that in Death Note that nearly killed my motivation to keep reading.  (I'm guessing people who watch/read it know what I'm talking about.)  But after a couple of years, I finished it.  It is a great story.

Warning, Death Note spoilers... well, a gif.

I read the manga as well and I have to say, I preferred that ending to the anime version. But nothing could have prepared me for L. Still hits me right in the feels to this day.

Now, I've heard that the Netflix "live action" version of Death Note is absolutely awful and was told not to bother wasting my time with it, lol. xD

But yeah, the anime is where it's at. The manga was also very good.

O/O | A/A | MM

Yukina

Nice to see another fan of Death Parade. :) I definitely recommend it to those who haven't seen it yet.

Mellific

Quote from: Yugishogun on October 13, 2019, 03:02:13 PM
Nice to see another fan of Death Parade. :) I definitely recommend it to those who haven't seen it yet.

Yasss!  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM