X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaRose

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 02, 2014, 07:56:36 PM
Too bad there isn't the hot, male Nightcrawler in this one...  O:)

I know. We need someone with a pointy tail! :P

King Serperior

Quote from: SpiralSpider on June 02, 2014, 07:56:36 PM
Too bad there isn't the hot, male Nightcrawler in this one...  O:)
Quote from: TamaRose on June 02, 2014, 09:02:40 PM
Calling it!   :o

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Bloodied Porcelain

uhm... guys... we have a female Nightcrawler already o.o
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

King Serperior

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 02, 2014, 09:06:24 PM
uhm... guys... we have a female Nightcrawler already o.o
Not wanting another character  *laughs*  Calling the interesting Spiderman meets female Nightcrawler scene in the future  >_>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 02, 2014, 08:39:47 PM
While I'm sure Orange just overlooked it (the RP has been incredibly busy and he's got a lot on his plate with the game and traveling abroad for work) I don't think insulting numerous characters in the game is the way to get in to anyone's good graces, especially the GMs.

No insult just fact with few exceptions almost all the characters seem hot, sexy, human for the most part with amazingly dangerous powers of all kinds where in the comics and movies they had many kinds of mutants not all that good. Beak comes to mind well not to say not good but hardly ,um, Wolverine for example in power level. I am thinking fine but not ,well, inclusive of the beauty of gentler mutants.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: TamaRose on June 02, 2014, 09:02:40 PM

Uh.....

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

yeah. 

Coming soon...

King Serperior

Quote from: RubySlippers on June 02, 2014, 09:10:37 PM
No insult just fact with few exceptions almost all the characters seem hot, sexy, human for the most part with amazingly dangerous powers of all kinds where in the comics and movies they had many kinds of mutants not all that good. Beak comes to mind well not to say not good but hardly ,um, Wolverine for example in power level. I am thinking fine but not ,well, inclusive of the beauty of gentler mutants.
Ah, Beak.  I was honestly considering him for a while before I found out that Husk wasn't taken.  Can't fly like Archangel, gliding mostly, but his lighter bones allow for greater agility as well as strength, oddly enough.  If you thought Beast stood out in a crowd, you have not seen Beak  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RainbowRian

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

RainbowRian

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 02, 2014, 09:43:33 PM
We do need an Azazel ;)

Oh you.  I did consider him too but I really wouldn't know enough to comfortably play'em.  Not true to any sort of canon. 
Coming soon...

Kuroneko

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 02, 2014, 09:53:24 PM
Oh you.  I did consider him too but I really wouldn't know enough to comfortably play'em.  Not true to any sort of canon.

I can help with that ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 02, 2014, 09:53:24 PM

If you make him... there must be plots. Plots, I say. <3

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 02, 2014, 10:03:03 PM
I can help with that ;)

Can you now?

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 02, 2014, 10:03:36 PM
If you make him... there must be plots. Plots, I say. <3

I'm not even sure how he'd fit in. 
Coming soon...

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 02, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

I could make a comment here... a dirty, dirty comment... But I wont.  O:)

Kuroneko

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on June 02, 2014, 10:06:13 PM
Can you now?

Oh yes, I can. And I'm sure I can figure it out ;). But back off, BP. Obvious mutant goes to Marrow :P

Also, Tonberryshuffle has offically claimed Azazel, just fyi all ;).

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 02, 2014, 10:15:43 PM
Oh yes, I can. And I'm sure I can figure it out ;). But back off, BP. Obvious mutant goes to Marrow :P

You can't has all the Shuffle plots :p

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 02, 2014, 10:14:29 PM
I could make a comment here... a dirty, dirty comment... But I wont.  O:)

Oh, but you must.

Quote from: Kuroneko on June 02, 2014, 10:15:43 PM

MARROW!!! 

The Todd approves. 

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 02, 2014, 10:17:43 PM
You can't has all the Shuffle plots :p

Only Shaw plots.  Chamber is lonesome. 
Coming soon...

Batman4560

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Arthur Taylor
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Excalibur
Citizenship and other legal info: Immigrant 
Place of Birth: Liverpool England
Education: Finished High school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 72 inches/1.8288 meters
Weight: 175 lbs./79.37 kg.
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Ethnicity: British
General Appearance:
In armor:

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: Straight
Ons/Offs: Up for anything once, except guy on guy. Arthur likes assertive and powerful women.
Goals: Arthur wants to prove to himself and others that he is a natural leader and worthy of the gauntlet he possesses.
Wealth Level: Poor
Personality: Arthur has taken the fact that he found Excalibur to heart and has taken on an air of nobility. He is decisive and just, often times not even bothering to draw his weapon against someone that does not have a means to defend themselves. He considers all his allies his "knights" and values each of their opinions and lives. Arthur will always place himself in harms way if it will keep his friends safe. The first to enter a conflict and the last to leave, Arthur considers himself a natural leader even if others don't.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: Arthur takes the bare minimum in every day classes that are required to graduate but also makes sure to take plenty of classes that encourage reading fantasy books, learning new forms of combat and how to better control his powers.
Year: Sophmore in College
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: None yet.

STATS:
Fighting: Excellent - Agility: (In armor) Poor (Out of Armor) Good - Strength: (In armor) - Remarkable (Out of armor) GoodEndurance: Good - Reason: Typical- Intuition: Good - Psyche: Typical

POWERS: (Please list any powers your character has in the example format below. The more descriptive and exact the better, if you need help just ask! Please be reasonable. Original characters are limited to a single major power set/theme and it cannot be a direct copy of a Canon character.
Powers are only active when Arthur activates his gauntlet
Enhanced Strength -  In his armored form Arthur is stronger than a normal human. He isn't sure how strong he actually is.(lift 1 ton)
Enhanced Defense - In his armored form Arthur can take much more damage than a normal human. Again he is not sure how much. (Current level: Bullets)
The armor is capable of taking 'defensive overflow'. What this basically means is that if it absorbs more damage than it is capable of resisting, it temporarily disappears until its magical energies can recharge. The amount of time the armor is unable to be called on will be a function of the overflow damage. For example, where a car-bomb against his chest might make the armor disappear for a few minutes, and falling from a large height might dismiss it for most of an hour, taking a hit from the Hulk could send it away for a couple of hours, etc.
Magic Sword- The sword Arthur uses is capable of launching concussive beams of light.(15 blasts. Then must recharge for 15 minutes. Or 1 blast per minute)
Magic Scabbard- Arthur's scabbard allows him to heal from mortal wounds in a quicker manner. Not to the same level of Wolverine or the Hulk but faster than a normal human.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
Light Sleeper -Arthur feels that real leaders are always aware of their surroundings and therefore has developed a pattern of light sleeping.
Observant - Arthur does his best to pay attention to fine details in order to better act in many situations.

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
Stubborn - Arthur thinks his way is often the best way and because of this he only listens to his most trusted allies, some would call this being hard headed.
Unsure - Arthur is not well versed in American customs and doesn't seem to understand how to act sometimes unless he has someone to explain things near him.

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
Sword Fighter: - Being that his main weapon is the blade Excalibur Arthur has studied many forms of sword fighting including Fencing, Eskrima, and Kendo. 
History Knowledge: - If Arthur had a best subject in school it would be History, he wants to learn desperately as much as he can about his sword and it's true history. Anything he can find on the subject, he does his best to commit to memory.

HISTORY:
Arthur was born in Liverpool England to a poor family. His father John and mother Mary did their best to support him. John always told Arthur stories of King Arthur and the knights of the round table, filling the young boys mind with thoughts of sword fights and magic kingdoms. The young boy spent most of his free time teaching himself how to sword fight and rally his friends to "combat" or at least come together for a common goal.

At the age of ten Arthur built a tree house that he considered his castle. The tree house was three stories tall with a home made round table he and his fiends sat at and played games on. When Arthur turned twelve he went out to a nearby lake to fish so he could attempt to cook them for his friends. While fishing his eyes caught the glimmer of silver at the bottom of the lake. Curious about what it was at the bottom of the lake, Arthur took a few steps back and tossed his line out to the middle of the lake. The sinker on the line caused the fishing line to drop and hook to something.

With a gentle tug and reel of the line, he reeled in the item while carefully tugging the at the pole. He was amazed to find that he had found a real sword wrapped in a black and gold scabbard. He pulled it out of the scabbard and it seemed to not have a single speck of rust on it. Arthur pulled the blade up and examined it carefully. While looking at the blade he noticed it had two different things inscribed on it. On one side it said "True kings" and on the other side it said "Cut steal".

Arthur swung the blade around a few times before it wrapped him in black and gold armor and bestowed upon him super strength, enhanced durability and gave his blade the ability to fire off small bursts of light. Arthur freaked out and tried to drop the blade but when he let it go it changed to a gauntlet and the armor vanished. Arthur tried to remove the gauntlet before it changed into a small bracelet that looked like a wrist watch.

He spent the next three years doing his best to hide this from his parents and returned to the lake every day, using his weapon and armor to enhance his powers. He slowly raised his powers to the point that he felt he could make a difference in the world. Just as he was getting ready to make his debut in England the Avengers made their debut. Arthur felt instantly like he was not ready...He told his parents about his powers and shortly after he was sent to the school for gifted youngsters.

Cthonig

Hi, I'm working up an OC and a canon. Claiming Dylan O'Brien (Stiles from Teen Wolf series) as actor for the OC. Canon will be images from the comics. I have PMed Orange Marmalade with the basic concept and he's cool with it so far.

Now I just need to find an online source for FASERIP to hammer the write-ups into shape.

SpiralSpider

Arthur will have something in common with WM's Chris. That kid will have the ability to imbue weapons with psionic energy. (Not all weapons, just those few he's bonded with)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Batman4560

Amelita

Just to note I'm still working on those two ::)

WIP Gambit

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Remy Etienne LeBeau
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Gambit
Citizenship and other legal info: US
Place of Birth:  New Orleans, Louisiana
Education: Some high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'1
Weight: 170lbs
Hair color: black
Eye color: red, wears dark brown contact lenses.
Ethnicity: mixed
General Appearance: Remy prefers very casual wear, jeans and tanks and T's, paired with boots.

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: bisexual
Ons/Offs: Writer's (who need to be updated but general direction of it can be gathered. Ask if unsure)
Goals: No real ones other than to develop his powers
Wealth Level: poor/typical/good, depending on his luck
Personality: Easy going, playful, mischievous, flirtatious... Remy's a good kid who's held on to that quality despite his upbringing (or lack there of). Not the most reliable though.   

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: High school basics plus Phys. Ed and Drama
Year: High school senior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: newp

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS:

KINETIC ENERGY - Gambit has the ability to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to pure red kinetic energy, charging that item with highly explosive results. He prefers to charge smaller objects, such as his ever-present playing cards, as the time required to charge them is greatly reduced and they are much easier for him to throw. The only real limitation to this ability is the time required to charge the object: the larger it is the more time it takes to charge. Most charging takes place through direct skin contact. The power of his explosions is dependent on the mass of the object he is charging, for example, a charged playing card explodes with the force of a grenade.

Gambit's ability to tap kinetic energy also grants him incredible superhuman physical abilities (strength, speed, reflexes and reactions, agility, flexibility, dexterity, coordination, balance, and endurance), as his body constantly generates bio-kinetic energy and so is perfectly constructed for constant motion. This gives him an added edge that he has used to his advantage by developing a unique acrobatic fighting style.

Hover for future power development.

STATIC - The ability to create static, because of the charged potential energy always in his body, that shields his mind from detection and intrusion by even the strongest and most powerful telepaths. The shield has the added effect of destabilizing touch-based abilities.

CHARM - An unusually strong and irresistible hypnotic charm that allows him to exert a subtle influence over sentient beings, leading them to believe what he says and agree with his suggestions. The hypnotic charm does not work on those who know about it.

ADVANTAGES:
IRREPRESSIBLE OPTIMISM - There is no force stronger than the endless and everlasting faith in things turning out well, getting better, working out. Despite hardly counting as a privileged person, Remy always seems to find the silver lining and trust that there are good things to come.
RESILIENCE: - Can't keep a good man down. No matter what you throw at him, Remy will get up and go on. Maybe not the path he originally planned, but then just a new and obviously much better one!

DISADVANTAGES:
RECKLESS - He charges into situations without thinking them through and his personal safety isn't a huge issue for him since he feels it would only slow him down and he's quite confident in the typical 'nothing terrible will happen to me' mentality. Sometimes a good thing, much more often a bad thing.
UNRELIABLE - Although he means well, he's very much out for himself and his own agendas, so he tends to forget/dismiss plans if he feels they don't suit him anymore.

SKILLS:
ACROBATIC MOVEMENT/FIGHTING STYLE: - Because of the nature of his powers, he's adapted a very distinct fighting style and way of movement, using his surroundings and the agility of his body to his advantage.
CARD THROWING: - Cards are his weapon of choice, and he can throw them with great accuracy.
CARD PLAYING - He's a skilled and cunning card player, his preferred game being Poker.
STREET SMARTS - After being brought up by thieves and then being on his own, he's learned to take care of himself in creative ways when necessary.
PICKPOCKETING/THIEVERY: - Being raised by thieves did leave him with skills in this particular... industry.

HISTORY:
Abandoned at birth due to his burning red eyes, the child who would one day become Remy LeBeau was kidnapped from his hospital ward by members of the New Orleans Thieves Guild who referred to the child as "le diable blanc" - the white devil. They believed he was the child that had been prophesied to unite the warring Guilds. Soon after, Remy was placed in the care of a gang of street thieves who raised the child and taught him the ways of thievery.

Later, when he was around ten years old, Remy attempted to pick the pocket of Jean-Luc LeBeau, then-patriarch of the Thieves’ Guild. Jean-Luc took the boy in off the streets and adopted him into his own family. As part of a peace pact between the Thieves’ Guild and their rivals, the Assassin’s Guild, a marriage was arranged between Remy and the granddaughter of the head of the Assassins Guild. However, the girl's brother objected to the marriage and challenged Gambit to a duel. Remy killed Julien in self-defense, but was excommunicated and banished from New Orleans in an attempt to maintain the non-aggression pact between the two guildsnote. He was 16 at the time, dropped out of high school and left town.

Remy was on his own for six months after that and then met Orion Monroe, a fellow mutant, and they've stuck together since. Orion had means to rent a small flat in New York. Remy earned money gambling, hustling, stealing, some street fighting...

Note: Canon history up to that point.

WIP Storm

BASIC INFO:
Legal Name: Orion Monroe
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Storm
Citizenship and other legal info: US, African dual citizenship
Place of Birth:  Manhattan, NY
Education: some high school

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Height: 6'2
Weight: 180lbs
Hair color: black
Eye color: dark brown (completely white when his powers are active)
Ethnicity: African American (Kenya/NY)
General Appearance:

OTHER INFORMATION:
Orientation: gay
Ons/Offs: Writer's (who need to be updated but general direction of it can be gathered. Ask if unsure)
Goals: better himself, better the world
Wealth Level: good. He has access to funds he inherited from his parents.
Personality: Calm, gentle, steadfast, strong and kind, has a very warm presence and a definite protective quality to him.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken or Taught: high school plus Art and Mechanics
Year: high school senior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: none atm

STATS: (Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level. Feel free to leave this blank and I will fill it in and work with you.)
Fighting: xx - Agility: xx - Strength: xx - Endurance: xx - Reason: xx - Intuition: xx - Psyche: xx

POWERS:

WEATHER MANIPULATION - Orion can manipulate any weather phenomena (create, enhance, steer, re-direct or decrease), but only as far as his will and physical endurance allow. Strong emotional outbursts influence this ability: sudden terror or anger for example might produce a burst of lightning, depression might cause a dark overcast, etc.
POWER NAME1 - Power description here.

ADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 non-skill based advantages your character may have.  These are things that fall outside of Superpowers. This may include things like a sharp sense of smell, being a light sleeper, quick non-superhuman reflexes, etc.)
ADVANTAGE1 - Description here
ADVANTAGE2 - Description here

DISADVANTAGES: (Please list 1 to 5 disadvantages your character may have. This may include things like being blind, a low alcohol tolerance, or a club foot. At least 1 Disadvantage is required per Advantage above.)
DISADVANTAGE1 - Description here
DISADVANTAGE2 - Description here

SKILLS: (Please list some things your character is good at, or at least has been trained and is competent at. This includes things like a fighting style, computers, repair, stunt driving, history knowledge, etc. There’s no limit to how many you can list, but these will be scrutinized base on history and background.)
SKILL1: - Description here
SKILL1: - Description here

HISTORY:
Please include a history of your character includes how/when their powers manifested (Age 16 or older!) and anything else that helped to shape your character. Remember that this is a fresh start from the comics, and this is a great time to tone things down - Please avoid clones, alternate dimensions, warps of reality, and aliens.

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red