The Bloodscape [A Dark M/M World of Vampires and Intrigue]

Started by Suiko, May 15, 2017, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suiko

Disclaimers: This is a bit different to the type of requests I normally put up. My main thread has plots and characters, whereas this is a world in need of development. It's a framework only, and while I have a few vague ideas for pairings and possible outlines, I'm looking for any ideas that you readers have to bring this world to life.

Rating-wise, this will probably be Extreme owing to blood being a central aspect, though how far extreme depends entirely on your preferences - I'm no stranger to limb removal, but I also enjoy slow, sensual build ups.

Also to throw it out there now, I'm not looking for submissive partners - give and take is ideal here, with the split depending on who our characters are.

Now that that's done with, onto the idea!

- The Bloodscape -
The World
Vampires are in control of the future world, deemed The Bloodscape, which is split up into several vast districts, with an Overlord leading each one. Peace is maintained due to the need to keep circulating the human blood supply, and the fact that vampires can't reproduce so it wouldn't make sense for them to kill each other. New vampires can be made, but it's a very strict process usually reserved for either highly-skilled Arts or Bankers (see below). It's certainly not done often, maybe a couple of times a century. Political marriages are often made between these districts to maintain relations, and once every 25 years a great gathering of all Overlords occurs, the location of which cycles through the capitals of each district.

Vampires
In general, vampires do not die from old age, though typically an ageing vampire at around 950-1000 years will go into an eternal sleep in order to allow the next generation to come forward and rule. This also allows them to be woken in future, should the need arise. They do not feel cold, though have a certain dislike for heat. The sun will burn them upon contact, as will garlic and religious artefacts. They cannot have children and can only reproduce by sharing blood with a human. They have greater strength and agility than humans, and have a natural instinct to dominate and control the humans around them.

The Overlords have their bloodline stretching back centuries and take nothing but the best quality blood. The heirs are chosen by even more rigorous selection than normal, and is only done when the current Overlord reaches the height of their mature life cycle at around 900 years, at which point they typically step down. They have pheromones that vary in strength - the higher potency, the stronger the vampire - that make it easy for them to manipulate humans, and some can use their influence on other vampires - though this is rare.

Lords are in charge of smaller areas within a district, like a human mayor might have been in the past. They are typically where the new Overlord is selected from, but as mentioned above, sometimes a highly-skilled human is chosen... but that can be a bit politically tricky to clear.

Abnormals are vampires who don't posses their natural drive to control the humans around them and they lean towards a more submissive personality. This is extremely problematic in vampire society, and any Abnormal would be stripped of their rank and publicly shamed. Sometimes (once in a blue moon) an Abnormal can hide this side of themselves if they happen to have a close vampire confidant who will indulge them, but usually it's not a good end.

Abhorrents are one step below - they are vampires who have the desire to submit to humans, and if discovered they are cast out of whatever district they inhabit all together. It's considered a shame on the entire vampire way of life, and their names are expunged from all records as if they never existed. Like with Abnormals, this can very rarely be hidden away, but very few humans can resist a vampire's pheromones enough to do them harm - assuming they weren't appalled by the idea in the first place.

Humans
Humans are graded monthly on their blood quality, which then determines the quality of life they have - if you're an A rank then you get paid plenty and can live in the nice areas... if you're D or E then you are essentially declared useless and are sent down to the slums. Slum-dwellers still give their monthly blood in case of improvement, but the life expectancy in the squalor is not good. It's always been that way, and humans tend to make the effort to live healthy lives in order to maintain blood quality.

There are Bankers - humans who have given rare S rank blood - who monitor the blood banks and ensure that everyone is giving their share. They still give blood themselves, but their livelihood is more secure. They are required to be intelligent, healthy and knowledgeable about vampire political affairs.

There are also Arts - humans with rare or desirable traits like multicoloured eyes or a rare hair colour - they're typically taught etiquette and diplomacy to serve as companions for vampires, as well as being a personal store of blood. They're trained by vampires and sold to the Overlords and Lords. Both Bankers and Arts are respected positions that any reasonable human would feel privileged to hold.

Other humans are relatively normal Civilians. They have jobs, give blood and live their lives in the somewhat precarious world they inhabit. Income is largely based on blood quality, and as such a person can theoretically move from slum dwellings to the upper classes overnight if their blood dramatically improves.

Ideas
1. An Abnormal/Abhorrent coming to terms with what they are and trying to hide their shame from society. Their vampire/human partner could be disgusted, but indulge them, or could be fully into the idea. There's the possibility of their getting caught, and political drama.

2. A Banker/Vampire relationship. This would be rather questionable, as Bankers are supposed to be strictly professional. If a vampire is to be with a human, it's also expected that they be Arts so this pairing would raise several eyebrows.

3. Art/Vampire. The most obvious pairing - does the vampire want the Art, or is it forced on him for the sake of keeping up appearances?

These are very vague and I welcome any other thoughts that you might have. Like I said in the disclaimers, I'm not after submissives or doormats - strong personalities and stories, please.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Resetting, reassessing -