Babylon Below the Tavern (Rebooting, Roguelike 5e, open)

Started by ZameRagues, October 25, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drowdeviant

Quote from: ZameRagues on July 24, 2018, 07:25:46 PM
I currently have 4 or 5 interested depending on how serious VonDoom's interest is. I'd like to give them a chance to get a character out before I close apps. I am just after female characters so writer's gender doesn't matter.

Well I'm bringing in a multiclass. Look out girls, you got a domineering inquisitor looking for some new pets. ;)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

GunmetalDreamer

Heh, sorry, I really meant to be done by now but it's taking me longer to gen a 10th Level Spellcaster than I'd expected.

Hopefully it'll be up tonight!

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Chulanowa

Flying Tengu

Mmm.  I did enjoy the last time I was in a game of yours like this.

Alas, I'm not sure I'm smart enough to make a 10th level character!  That's, like, all kinds of numbers and choices and stuff!

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Flying Tengu on July 25, 2018, 07:15:47 PM
Mmm.  I did enjoy the last time I was in a game of yours like this.

Alas, I'm not sure I'm smart enough to make a 10th level character!  That's, like, all kinds of numbers and choices and stuff!

Join Tengu! My inquisitor needs a sidekick...or slave. ;)
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

GunmetalDreamer

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 25, 2018, 04:07:25 PM
You're going with a Wizard, Gunmetal?
Aye!  Probably with the Lore Mastery Tradition, unless that gets shot down.  If it does, I might pivot to Divination as the next-best "Know All The Things!" option.

Quote from: Drowdeviant on July 25, 2018, 07:21:17 PM
Join Tengu! My inquisitor needs a sidekick...or slave. ;)
I'm open to having some background with an Inquisitor, though I haven't seen yours yet :P  I'd rather come back to the possibility after I actually post my character though.

ZameRagues

Unless you're using homebrew content, I won't shoot a character down. We're here for fun, lots of fun.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

GunmetalDreamer

It's Unearthed Arcana, so, probably okay then  :-)

ZameRagues

*thumbs up* Thats fine. *envisions a student of the mage's guild*
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

VonDoom

I know I professed interest earlier, but I'm starting to get involved in too many games again. Got two more games coming up soon and I'm not sure I can manage another group game in addition to the one I'm in and the one I'm running... I'm sorry. I hope everything goes well for this game and if a slot opens up again when I have more breathing room, I'll be happy to give it a go!
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

ZameRagues

I wish you all the fun in your games then. Thank you for letting me know.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

GunmetalDreamer

Name:  Tabitha “Shabby Tabby” Cinders
Age / Height / Weight:  23 / 5’1” / 105 lbs
Class:  Wizard 10
Abilities:  Str 8 (-1); Dex 18 (+4); Con 14 (+2); Int 16 (+3); Wis 8 (-1); Cha 10 (+0)
AC: 14          Speed: 30’          HP: 86 / 86
Saving Throws:  Intelligence, Wisdom
Languages:  Common, Sylvan
Passive Perception:  9
Tool Proficiencies:  Disguise Kit, Thieves’ Tools
Weapon Proficiencies:  Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow
Armor Proficiencies:  None
Background: Urchin
Features:
Shifter
Darvision 60’

Shifting: +12 Temp HP for 1 Minute

Razor Claw:  Bonus Action to Claw Attack while Shifting

Wizard
Spell Casting
Arcane Recover:  Once per Day after a Short Rest, recover (1/2 Lvl) 5 levels worth of Spell Slots.

Lore Mastery

Lore Master:  Double Proficiency Bonus if trained in Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion.  You may use Int instead of Dex to determine your Initiative Modifier.

Spell Secrets:  When you use a spell slot to cast a spell that deals acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, or thunder damage you can substitute one damage type for another.
- When  you use a spell slot to cast a spell that requires a saving throw, you can change the saving through from one ability score to another of your choice.  You cannot use this ability again until after a Short or Long Rest.

Alchemical Casting:  When you use a spell slot to cast a spell, you can expend one additional spell slot to augment its effects.  The effect depends on the spell slot you expend.
- A 1rst-level slot increases the damage against every target by 2d10 force damage.  If the spell can deal damage on more than one turn, it deals this extra force damage only on the turn you cast the spell.
- A 2nd-level slot increases the spell’s range.  If the spell’s range is at least 30’ it becomes 1 mile.
- A 3rd-level slot increases the spell’s save DC by 2.

Prodigious Memory:Prodigious Memory:  As a bonus action, you can replace one spell you have prepared with another from your spellbook.  You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Short or Long Rest.

Feats:  Toughness
Equipment:
Component Pouch, Dagger x2, Backpack, 50’ Silk Rope, Grappling Hook, Thieves’ Tools, Disguise Kit,  Rations (5 Days), Waterskin (5), Traveler’s Clothes, Robes, Arcane Focus (Rod), Spellbook, Ink Pen, Bottle of Ink, Parchment (10), Potion of Healing (6), Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location, Gloves of Thievery
Attacks:
Dagger
+8 to Hit; 1d4+4 Dmg

Fire Bolt
+7 to hit; 2d10 Dmg; Range 120’

Razorclaw Attack
+8 to Hit; 5 Dmg

Favored Kinks:  Tentacles, Altered States of Mind, and Transformation ... Tabby's interests and lack of restraint have lead to quite a few misadventures, but they never seem to dissuade her.
Player Offs:  The Usual Suspects

Memorized Spells

1st Level:  Burning Hands, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Mage Armor
2nd Level:  Knock, Scorching Ray, Invisibility
3rd Level:  Dispell Magic, Fireball
4th Level:  Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Fire Shield
5th Level:  Cone of Cold

Growing up on the streets of Locus, Tabitha learned early on that you might be able to survive on what others cast off, but if you wanted to thrive you had to be willing to create opportunities for yourself.  Tabby was getting too big.  She didn’t fit in all the bolt holes that she and the rest of the street kids were used to exploiting to avoid the guard.  The charity of tourists was beginning to dry up, as she no longer seemed like a precocious little kid; she was blossoming into a young woman and a different kind of adult was taking an interest in her.  She didn’t want to end up folded in as the pet of some ganglord, passed around to comfort his goons, but that mean she needed a hustle of her own to establish her own niche.

So, screwing up her courage, Tabby stole the spellbook from one of the Academy kids who’d wandered too far beyond those high white walls.

Self-teaching the arcane arts is no simple task.  When she moved beyond the simple Prestidigitation exercises and began channeling more potent energies, she accidentally set a fire in the warehouse district, which is when people started calling “Shabby Tabby” Cinders.  Uncertain if she was more worried about being headhunted by ambitious gangsters who wanted a burgeoning wizard under their thumb, or being swept up by the academics she’d stolen from in the first place, Tabitha left Locus behind and began her adventuring career.

Tabitha’s natural talent for the arcane is unburdened by concepts like restraint or common sense.  She’s looted ancient ruins, stolen secrets from slumbering demigods whose identities were long lost to time, burgled the towers of renowned mages, and delved into forbidden fields of study with equal aplomb.  A bit of a rogue scholar, she’s only just recently returned to Locus, intent on studying the great mystery of the Babylon Below.

ZameRagues

I didn't realize how little the core Wizard class got. Looks good GunmetalDreamer, I'll pm you the threads and you can start your dive into the depths.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

GunmetalDreamer

Heh, yeah, most of the Wizard's class is tied up in their Spell List.  Heck, even the core Arcane Traditions are mostly about further capitalizing on that advantage.  It doesn't hurt that they learn more spells and get higher level spells faster than their Sorceror and Warlock competition.

Added a simple bio to Tabitha.  Basically, she's the both the last person you'd want to have access to forbidden magic, and the sort to relentlessly seek it out.  She's probably left a string of minor cataclysms in her wake as she traveled the country side.

(What can I say, I was inspired by the kind of personality that'd cheerfully conjure a flame in that massive firetrap of a library in the picture :P )

ZameRagues

I really like that Bio, sounds like a fun character to play in a normal DnD campaign. It is inspiring to see pure bliss in the eyes from a conjured flame among the old, dusty, priceless, numerous, irreplaceable secrets of the universe. 
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Drowdeviant

...Can we use the mystic class since it's unearthed arcana material? I was gonna go multiclass but sadly found out the cleric domain I was gonna use was unfortunately homebrew. ^_^;

Was gonna go soul knife or nomad for the psychic order. xD

Lockepick

I'm going to unfollow this thread since it seems you have enough applications -- don't hesitate to reach out via PM if you need more writers!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

ZameRagues

Current interest is Chulanowa and Drow then, with potential interest from Tengu. I'll allow Mystic Drow, sorry for the delay on the response.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Drowdeviant

Quote from: ZameRagues on July 28, 2018, 02:18:45 AM
Current interest is Chulanowa and Drow then, with potential interest from Tengu. I'll allow Mystic Drow, sorry for the delay on the response.

yay! xD

Chulanowa

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on July 26, 2018, 04:16:36 AM
Name:  Tabitha “Shabby Tabby” Cinders
Age / Height / Weight:  23 / 5’1” / 105 lbs
Class:  Wizard 10
Abilities:  Str 8 (-1); Dex 18 (+4); Con 14 (+2); Int 16 (+3); Wis 8 (-1); Cha 10 (+0)
AC: 14          Speed: 30’          HP: 86 / 86
Saving Throws:  Intelligence, Wisdom
Languages:  Common, Sylvan
Passive Perception:  9
Tool Proficiencies:  Disguise Kit, Thieves’ Tools
Weapon Proficiencies:  Daggers, Darts, Slings, Quarterstaff, Light Crossbow
Armor Proficiencies:  None
Background: Urchin
Features:
Shifter
Darvision 60’

Shifting: +12 Temp HP for 1 Minute

Razor Claw:  Bonus Action to Claw Attack while Shifting

Wizard
Spell Casting
Arcane Recover:  Once per Day after a Short Rest, recover (1/2 Lvl) 5 levels worth of Spell Slots.

Lore Mastery

Lore Master:  Double Proficiency Bonus if trained in Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion.  You may use Int instead of Dex to determine your Initiative Modifier.

Spell Secrets:  When you use a spell slot to cast a spell that deals acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, or thunder damage you can substitute one damage type for another.
- When  you use a spell slot to cast a spell that requires a saving throw, you can change the saving through from one ability score to another of your choice.  You cannot use this ability again until after a Short or Long Rest.

Alchemical Casting:  When you use a spell slot to cast a spell, you can expend one additional spell slot to augment its effects.  The effect depends on the spell slot you expend.
- A 1rst-level slot increases the damage against every target by 2d10 force damage.  If the spell can deal damage on more than one turn, it deals this extra force damage only on the turn you cast the spell.
- A 2nd-level slot increases the spell’s range.  If the spell’s range is at least 30’ it becomes 1 mile.
- A 3rd-level slot increases the spell’s save DC by 2.

Prodigious Memory:Prodigious Memory:  As a bonus action, you can replace one spell you have prepared with another from your spellbook.  You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Short or Long Rest.

Feats:  Toughness
Equipment:
Component Pouch, Dagger x2, Backpack, 50’ Silk Rope, Grappling Hook, Thieves’ Tools, Disguise Kit,  Rations (5 Days), Waterskin (5), Traveler’s Clothes, Robes, Arcane Focus (Rod), Spellbook, Ink Pen, Bottle of Ink, Parchment (10), Potion of Healing (6), Amulet of Proof against Detection and Location, Gloves of Thievery
Attacks:
Dagger
+8 to Hit; 1d4+4 Dmg

Fire Bolt
+7 to hit; 2d10 Dmg; Range 120’

Razorclaw Attack
+8 to Hit; 5 Dmg

Favored Kinks:  Tentacles, Altered States of Mind, and Transformation ... Tabby's interests and lack of restraint have lead to quite a few misadventures, but they never seem to dissuade her.
Player Offs:  The Usual Suspects

Memorized Spells

1st Level:  Burning Hands, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Mage Armor
2nd Level:  Knock, Scorching Ray, Invisibility
3rd Level:  Dispell Magic, Fireball
4th Level:  Black Tentacles, Dimension Door, Fire Shield
5th Level:  Cone of Cold

Growing up on the streets of Locus, Tabitha learned early on that you might be able to survive on what others cast off, but if you wanted to thrive you had to be willing to create opportunities for yourself.  Tabby was getting too big.  She didn’t fit in all the bolt holes that she and the rest of the street kids were used to exploiting to avoid the guard.  The charity of tourists was beginning to dry up, as she no longer seemed like a precocious little kid; she was blossoming into a young woman and a different kind of adult was taking an interest in her.  She didn’t want to end up folded in as the pet of some ganglord, passed around to comfort his goons, but that mean she needed a hustle of her own to establish her own niche.

So, screwing up her courage, Tabby stole the spellbook from one of the Academy kids who’d wandered too far beyond those high white walls.

Self-teaching the arcane arts is no simple task.  When she moved beyond the simple Prestidigitation exercises and began channeling more potent energies, she accidentally set a fire in the warehouse district, which is when people started calling “Shabby Tabby” Cinders.  Uncertain if she was more worried about being headhunted by ambitious gangsters who wanted a burgeoning wizard under their thumb, or being swept up by the academics she’d stolen from in the first place, Tabitha left Locus behind and began her adventuring career.

Tabitha’s natural talent for the arcane is unburdened by concepts like restraint or common sense.  She’s looted ancient ruins, stolen secrets from slumbering demigods whose identities were long lost to time, burgled the towers of renowned mages, and delved into forbidden fields of study with equal aplomb.  A bit of a rogue scholar, she’s only just recently returned to Locus, intent on studying the great mystery of the Babylon Below.

Y'know? usually I don't dig "catgirl" images, but... That picture is just absolutely charming and I love it.  ;D