Babylon Below the Tavern (Rebooting, Roguelike 5e, open)

Started by ZameRagues, October 25, 2017, 09:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZameRagues

Hello, so I have been on a 5e kick just wanting to play and finally try the idea of "DM is out to kill everyone". However I don't like killing a character that someone has created because it is something someone has put effort into. So in this case, I would be out to fuck everyone, and what a perfect place for such a game. The idea is a legendary tavern with a rune covered door leading below. It is well known that this door leads to a legendary dungeon that changes each year. The greatest minds have no idea how or why this happens, but adventurers of all kinds love to tackle this mystery of the world. Weapons, gold, jewels, armor, slaves, monsters. All things can be found inside this dungeon. The dungeon almost seems alive as it's riches seem to match the adventurer's desire. Possibly the strangest part of the dungeon, is no one ever dies if they fail. Upon defeat or failure, some find themselves simply waking up in one of the tavern's beds. Some wake up sprawled across the tavern floor or even chained to the wall for tavern goers to mock. Some adventurers are found by other traveling through the dungeon. Eventually all who enter do leave, alive. Laws and social standards stop at the door to the dungeon, which allows theft and slave taking to be allowed should adventurer's cross paths.

The tavern owner has an additional game for those curious in a challenge. A simple card game that can grant boons are banes. 52 cards are laid out on a table and the two of you take turns looking for pairs until you pull two that don't match. Some grant gold, some take. Some grant favors, some demand them, specifics written on the card.

Details so far that I have thought of would be.
- There will be very little story, besides the interaction between NPCs
- I'm thinking starting level 10, point buy for stats
- I'd prefer those of the female gender as characters.
- 2000 gold

Character Skeleton
Name:
Age/Height/Weight:
Class:
Str: - ( - ) Dex: - ( - ) Con: - ( - )Int: - ( - ) Wis: - ( - ) Cha: - ( - )
AC: - Speed: - Max HP: -/-
Saving Throws:
Languages:
Passive Perception:
Tool Proficiencies:
Weapon Proficiencies:
Armor Proficiencies:
Background:
Features:
Equipment:
Attacks:
Favored Kink: (Your character's favorite fetish/kink that they often fantasize about)
Player offs:

Bonus Starting Gear, you can choose one of the following options
- +1 Weapon and a +1 Shield
- 2 +1 Weapons
- A suit of +1 Armor
- A rare Weapon
- A rare Shield
- 2 Uncommon Magic Items
- 1 Rare Magic Item
- 3 Rare Potions
- 2 Rare Scrolls

I hope to hear if anyone is interested. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

MiraMirror

adventure girls

radiating honest ignorance
discord & email on request

o/o, char sheets, & stuff

Hexed

ZameRagues

Classes no. Races I'd like to avoid the shorter races, Gnomes, Dwarves, and Halflings, just not comfortable with such short characters. Tieflings, dragonborn and such, if you can I'd prefer more human looking girls kinda like this as a Tiefling
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Hexed

o.o

Holy hell that pic

Me likey.

Had to ask. I myself have a fondness for shortstacks after all so such things are good to know. :)

MiraMirror

Chulanowa

Quote from: ZameRagues on October 26, 2017, 02:49:00 PM
Classes no. Races I'd like to avoid the shorter races, Gnomes, Dwarves, and Halflings, just not comfortable with such short characters. Tieflings, dragonborn and such, if you can I'd prefer more human looking girls kinda like this as a Tiefling

Nah, dwarves are medium! How about stuff from UA, sword coast adventurers guide, or Volo's guide to monsters?

ZameRagues

Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

ZameRagues

With 4 people interested, go ahead and make a level 10 character.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Backdraft

ShadowFox89

If you're still taking characters, got an idea for an elf barbarian gal to throw in.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Hexed

Being slow about it but been looking at bladesinger wizard or paladin/warlock myself.

Backdraft

Was thinking a goblin or half-orc barbarian, myself, but I could also do a tiefling warlock or a human ranger.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Backdraft on October 30, 2017, 02:09:29 PM
Was thinking a goblin or half-orc barbarian, myself, but I could also do a tiefling warlock or a human ranger.

I think goblins would fall under (heh, heh, puns...) the "no small characters" rule... which is a shame 'cause I'd love to give my Goblin barbarian another run someday. She was ridiculous... and that poor horse!

ZameRagues

So far I haven't gotten any character, so those wanting to play make a character.
Pure Impulse Plays
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Backdraft

AnneReinard

Nnn... I have too much work to do today to finish something up, but I would like to give this a try.

I'll put together a character tomorrow, if you still want any more.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

ShadowFox89

Character Skeleton
Name:
Age/Height/Weight:
Class: Barbarian 10
Str: 13 ( +1 ) Dex: 18 ( +4 ) Con: 18 ( +4 )Int: 10 ( 0 ) Wis: 11 ( 0) Cha: 8 ( -1 )
AC: 21Speed: 45 Max HP: 115/115
Saving Throws: strength and constitution
Languages: elven, common
Passive Perception: 14
Tool Proficiencies:
Weapon Proficiencies: simple and martial
Armor Proficiencies: light, medium, shields
Features:
Equipment:
Attacks:
Favored Kink: (Your character's favorite fetish/kink that they often fantasize about)
Player offs:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AnneReinard

Name: Kara Brightridge
Age/Height/Weight: 19 / 5'2" / 105 lbs
Class: Bard 8 (College of Lore) / Warlock 2 (Archfey)
Background: Waterdhavian Noble
Str: 8 ( -1 ) Dex: 16 ( +3 ) Con: 13 ( +1 )Int: 12 ( +1 ) Wis: 8 ( -1 ) Cha: 20 ( +5 )
AC: 14 Speed: 30 ft Max HP: 63/63
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Charisma
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven
Passive Perception: 13
Tool Proficiencies: Flute, Lute, Lyre, Dice
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Hand Crossbows, Longswords, Rapiers, Shortswords
Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor
Skill Proficiencies: Performance, Persuasion, Acrobatics, Stealth, Deception, Athletics, Perception, History, Investigation
Features: Human Feat (Warcaster), Kept in Style, Bardic Inspiration (d8), Spellcasting, Jack of All Trades, Song of Rest (d6), Bard College (Bonus Proficiency, Cutting Words), Expertise (Persuasion, Performance), Ability Score Increase (Charisma), Font of Inspiration, Countercharm, Bardic College Feature (Additional Magical Secrets - Counterspell, Shield), Ability Score Increase (Charisma), Pact Magic, Otherworldly Presence (Expanded Spell List, Fey Presence), Eldritch Invocations (Agonizing Blast, Repelling Blast)
Spells: Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Vicious Mockery, Eldritch Blast, Minor Illusion, Charm Person, Hex, Cure Wounds, Earth Tremor, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Dissonant Whispers, Shield, Heat Metal, Suggestion, Dispel Magic, Hypnotic Pattern, Counterspell, Dimension Door, Polymorph
Equipment: Rapier, Entertainer's Pack, Lute, Leather Armor, Dagger, Set of Fine Clothes, Signet Ring, Scroll of Pedigree, Skin of Fine Wine, Purse Containing 20 gp, 2 Items of DM Creation
Attacks: Rapier +7 (1d8+3), Eldritch Blast +9 (1d10+5, two beams), other spells
Favored Kink: Humiliation, especially with being forced to wear particularly slutty costumes and being treated as a sex object rather than a heroine.
Player offs: Watersports, scat, snuff.
Brief History/Concept: Kara Brightridge is a heroine with delusions of grandeur. She imagines herself a brilliant adventurer who can take on any challenge - even a legendary dungeon that has had nobody succeed yet at taking the treasures from the depths of it. She is quick to sing her praises and quicker to get herself in trouble. A pact with an Archfey has been made to grant her magical prowess beyond the pricks that she can manage with her rapier, with little thought given to the consequences of making a deal with a being that regularly turns mortals into playthings for their eternal amusements. Contrary to her tendency to enjoy being lauded for her praises and making a name for herself, a part of her deep down inside quite enjoys being demeaned and treated as a sex object; something that she would never admit aloud and does her best to keep herself from ever being in situations that would lead to that.
Sheet here!

...I couldn't resist.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

Lockepick

Also interested! Will throw up a sheet today. Also willing to play a female, of course.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Backdraft

Name: Nyx

Age/Height/Weight:  21/5'4"/135 lbs

Class: Rogue (Assassin) 10
Str: 10 ( +0 ) Dex: 17 ( +3 ) Con: 10 ( +0 ) Int: 12 ( +1 ) Wis: 12 ( +1 ) Cha: 15 ( +2 )
AC: 15 (19  when using defensive Duelist feat) Speed: 30 Max HP: 53/53

Gold: 1965

Proficiency Bonus: +4 (doubled for "expertise")
Saving Throws: Dexterity; Inteliigence

Languages: Common, Orcish,
Thieves' Cant
During your rogue Training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a Message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.

In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

Passive Perception: 15

Tool Proficiencies:
Thieves' tools (expertise,)
This set of tools includes a small file, a set of lock picks, a small mirror mounted on a metal handle, a set of narrow-bladed scissors, and a pair of pliers. Proficiency with these tools lets you add your proficiency bonus to any Ability Checks you make to disarm traps or open locks.
Disguise Kit,
This pouch of cosmetics, hair dye, and small props lets you create disguises that change your physical appearance. Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to any Ability Checks you make to create a visual disguise.
Poisoner's kit,
A poisoner’s kit includes the vials, chemicals, and other Equipment necessary for the Creation of Poisons. Proficiency with this kit lets you add your proficiency bonus to any Ability Checks you make to craft or use Poisons.
Navigator's Tools (Pirate background),
This set of instruments is used for navigation at sea. Proficiency with navigator's tools lets you chart a ship's course and follow navigation charts. In addition, these tools allow you to add your proficiency bonus to any ability check you make to avoid getting lost at sea.
Vehicles: water (Pirate background)

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords

Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics (Pirate background,) Perception (Pirate background,) Acrobatics, Stealth (expertise), Deception (expertise), Sleight of Hand, Intimidation (Half-Orc Trait, Expertise)

Features:
Darkvision (Half-Orc Trait,)
Thanks to your orc blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.
Menacing (Half-Orc Trait,)
You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
Relentless Endurance (Half-Orc Trait,)
When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a Long Rest.
Savage Attacks (Half-Orc Trait,)
When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon Attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
Sneak Attack (Rogue, lvl 10 = 5d6,)
Expertise (rogue,)
At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with Thieves' Tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.
Cunning Action (Rogue,)
Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a Bonus Action on each of your turns in Combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.
Ability Score Improvement (Dexterity,)
Uncanny Dodge (Rogue,)
Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an Attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.
Evasion (Rogue,)
Beginning at 7th level, you can nimbly dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a red dragon's fiery breath or an Ice Storm spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
Assassinate (Assassin,)
During its first turn, the assassin has advantage on Attack rolls against any creature that hasn't taken a turn. Any hit the assassin scores against a surprised creature is a critical hit.
Infiltration Expertise (Assassin,)
Starting at 9th level, you can unfailingly create false identities for yourself. You must spend seven days and 25 gp to establish the history, profession, and affiliations for an identity. You can't establish an identity that belongs to someone else. For example, you might acquire appropriate clothing, letters of introduction, and official-looking certificates to establish yourself as a member of a trading house from a remote city so you can insinuate yourself into the company of other wealthy merchants. Thereafter, if you adopt the new identity as a disguise, other creatures believe you to be that person until given an obvious reason not to.
Bad Reputation (Pirate Feature,)
If your character has a sailor background, you may select this background feature instead of Ship’s Passage. No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.
Defensive Duelist (chosen feat,)
When you are wielding a finesse weapon with which you are proficient and another creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing the attack to miss you.
Lucky (chosen feat)
You have inexplicable luck that seems to kick in at just the right moment.
You have 3 luck points. Whenever you make an attack roll, an ability check, or a saving throw, you can spend one luck point to roll an additional d20. You can choose to spend one of your luck points after you roll the die, but before the outcome is determined. You choose which of the d20s is used for the attack roll, ability check, or saving throw.
You can also spend one luck point when an attack roll is made against you. Roll a d20, and then choose whether the attack uses the attacker’s roll or yours.
If more than one creature spends a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll, the points cancel each other out; no additional dice are rolled. You regain your expended luck points when you finish a long rest.

Equipment: Belaying pin (club,) 50 feet of silk rope, rabbit's foot lucky charm, 1 set of common clothes, pouch of 10 gold, Rapier, short bow (20 arrows,)
Burglar's pack,
Includes:

• a Backpack

• a bag of 1,000 Ball bearings

• 10 feet of string

• a bell

• 5 candles

• a Crowbar

• a Hammer

• 10 pitons

• a Hooded lantern

• 2 flasks of oil

• 5 days Rations

• a Tinderbox

• a Waterskin

• 50 feet of Hempen rope
Leather Armor, Studded Leather Armor, 2 daggers, thieves' tools,
Cloak of Elvenkind (Uncommon Bonus starting item,)
Requires Attunement

While you wear this cloak with its hood up, Wisdom (Perception) checks made to see you have disadvantage. and you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide, as the cloak's color shifts to camouflage you. Pulling the hood up or down requires an action.
Ring of Jumping (Uncommon Bonus starting item,)
Requires Attunement

While wearing this ring, you can cast the jump spell from it as a Bonus Action at will, but can target only yourself when you do so.
1 item of DM's Creation: Thief's Loupe
Thief's Loupe:
    A simple jeweler's glass, it allows the user to peer through or into a wall or door. When peering through inside a room the user can look all around the room from the spot opposite to the wall or door. They can also see as if they had Darkvision of 60ft. When looking inside a door or wall, the user can see any device constructed within. They also gain advantage when disarming or disabling said device. This looking glass can not see through magical walls, doors, or barriers.

Equipped: Studded Leather Armor, Cloak of Elven Kind, Ring of Jumping, Quiver (20 arrows, on back,) Shortbow (on back,) Rapier (sheathed on belt,) 2 daggers (one strapped to arm under cloak, the other strapped to calf under pants)

Attacks:
Rapier,
Damage: 1d8
Damage Type: Piercing
Item Type: Melee Weapon
Properties: Finesse
Weight: 2
shortbow,
Damage: 1d6
Item Type: Ranged Weapon
Properties: Ammunition, Range, Two-Handed
Range: 80/320
Weight: 2
dagger(s),
Damage: 1d4
Item Type: Melee Weapon
Properties: Finesse, Light, Range, Thrown
Range: 20/60
Weight: 1
Sneak attack (lvl 10 = 5d6)
Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an Attack if you have advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon.

You don't need advantage on the Attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't Incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the Attack roll.

The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels in this class, as shown in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

Favored Kink: A rascal at heart, Nyx's favorite fantasy is getting caught on-the-job and being forced into submission by a female/futa authority figure such as a guard or bounty hunter.

Player offs: scat, watersports, snuff, sexual bloodplay

Bio
Bio: Raised in an orphanage owned by a domineering and uncaring mistress, Nyx never had a last name. Indeed, she didn't have any name until she created one for herself. Always somewhat small and easy to miss—especially for a half-orc—Nyx earned her name through her ability to make her way through the darkness with whisper-like quietness. She used this ability to steal food from the kitchens for the other orphans until the day came when she discovered that the orphanage was really only a front for a slave ring that specialized in children. She escaped when she was twelve, stabbing the head mistress in the chest and freeing the other children as she did so. Living off the streets taught her much, and she did so for years, becoming an effective thief and honing her abilities to a fine point.

In her early years, Nyx ran afoul of a pirate captain she tried to steal from. Instead of killing her, though, the Captain was impressed with her ability to sneak into the ship without alerting any of the crew. Nyx joined their crew and soon learned to use her abilities to kill quickly, silently and accurately, becoming a master of disguise, deception and manipulation along the way. She hopes to retire in luxury, someday, and maybe adopt some children so that they won't have to go through the horrors she's convinced most parent-less children have to endure.

AnneReinard

...oh right. Background. I'll make another pass and add that in! Oops!
Ons and Offs