News:

Main Menu

Mass Effect

Started by Destiny Ascension, September 16, 2008, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

I'd be underage alien jail-bait? Remember, Tali isn't recognized by her people as an adult yet.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

Hmm.  But her actions show her as being very mature and competent and that goes a long way.

Destiny Ascension

Well techniqually, if you think ahead to the 2nd game timeline, Tali likely would have returned to the Migrant Fleet with the data you could get with the UNC: Geth Incursion mission(I think thats the name) and she'd finish her pilgrimage, making her an adult by quarian standards.

Techniqually, I think Liara is skirting the boundaries of jailbait, since shes barely considered an adult by asari standards. :P
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Canuckian

Yeah, but she's 150.  That also counts for a lot when humans are involved :)

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: Canuckian on September 16, 2008, 02:08:24 PM
Yeah, but she's 150.  That also counts for a lot when humans are involved :)

106!!!

XD
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Canuckian

Whoops, my mistake.  She looks older than that... :P

ZK

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Canuckian

Handwave it away for a game here on E :)

I still think the only real way to have a game like that here would be to intertwine with the plot of the first game, adding little side missions in the Bouncy Buggy of Doom and the like :D

Destiny Ascension

Well, we could avoid the Reapers all together, and do something regarding Cerberus, they are pretty active in the 1st game, though kinda overshadowed by Saren and the Reapers, but they are HUGE in the 2nd book.

I really think a game would be interesting, specially several species. The mixed stigma, of required cooperation, but a huge distrust among species, and of course rumors and misinformation. I think it'd be cool, IMHO. :)

ZK

Interspecies humpfests. >.>

Canuckian

True, I forgot about Cerberus (which is stupid, since I'm reading the 2nd book now) :)  That would work for me.  What about you, ZedK?  :D

ZK

In honesty, I don't like playing established characters.

Canuckian

For the whole party or just you?  'Cuz ME is a whole universe of possibilities.

... and I just sound like a tagline from the box...  ::)

ZK

Both. Unless I was said writer for said establish character. NPCs in pencil and paper games are easier to do when custom or when they are vague in retrospect.

Canuckian

What do you mean, if you were the writer?  Technically, we're all the writers for our characters...

ZK

Meaning, of your own creation.

Destiny Ascension

I'm game...

Only thing is, I'm curious how the other species actually work...seeing as...well..we have no experience dealing with them in that manner...I can assume the asari work the same as human females, seeing as if you romance Liara, she says "That was great" afterwords, so...yeah. :D

Canuckian

Ahhhhhhhh.  Well, I'm flexable either way.  *does splits*  See?  :)

Does DA have any preference?

If we're gonna do our own party, do you two wanna both play Asari?  As DA said, we know how they work already.

Destiny Ascension

Well, we could easily come up with a non-canon story that fits in between the game and 2nd book. Plus considering, its never been detailed how many Spectres there are, or how many from which species, though its easy to assume a good portion would be turians, there'd definitely be some asari.

Not to mention mercenaries, privateers or a Normandy-esque combined crew.  ;D

ZK

Remember, while the plot does focus around so and so, the galaxy is HUEG (typo intended).

Canuckian

There's an idea, though I think I'm with ZK and doing a totally new story and party.  Perhaps a human soldier and a pair of asari find themselves hunting remnants of geth in the aftermath of Soverign's seige on the Citadel?

ZK

I don't want to play as an Aasari.

Canuckian

ZedK (sorry, I'm a Canuck through and through) has a good point.  I also like the earlier idea of dealing with Cerberus, or perhaps in the Terminus Systems altogether.

Oh?  Then what would you want to play?

ZK

If I played a ME game, I'd likely want to play as a Quarian.

Destiny Ascension

I dunno if I'd play asari either, maybe if it was plausable, but still iffy. Thing is, they seem to have different tendencies, asari seem more likely to be a diplomat than a soldier, and I'm a soldier to the core. But then again, I like the idea of melding. That'd be freakin' awesome, walk by pregnancy XD