Something simple.

Started by DreadD, February 24, 2008, 06:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

Mostly, I want to stretch my "writing muscles," let's say.  I'm looking for one person (x1 intellegent being who is not me) willing to roleplay a straight character of either sex.  I shall assume the role of the opposite. 

This is all tenative, gender rolls could certainly be reversed, etc. etc.

The primary setting: An office building.

The Cast: A relatively loyal, married man, and a spoiled, quite attractive female.

The layout: The two work in generally close proximity most of the time, the female has taken a... Shine to the male, though he has not, as of yet, really noticed her passes at him.  While he does find her attractive, he is, after all, loyal.  This, of course, infuriates her, and makes her more intent upon... Scoring with him.

Expected playbook: Standard interacations between the two, attempts by her to get him, expecting: Trickery, physical pleasure, any other forms of seduction that come to hand.

Terms are negotiable.  This was just an idea that popped into my head and I hoped a more solidified structure like this would have some appeal.

Greenthorn

psssst *whispers* more details, more details  ;)

DreadD

Ah, but Greenthorn, I do believe I sent something with more details to your PM box >_>  Unless my outbox is lying to me.

Greenthorn

:-X Yes you did, but see now you have went public!  *grabs pom poms* I'm just cheering for you! *grins*

DreadD

Ah, fair enough, I suppose my suggestion did not strike a spark with you then?  Ah well.  Still, I wanted to leave this mostly open so as to make it so that another person with time on their hands who would like to post back and forth with someone (where that someone happens to be me) could help tailor the scenario to their particular quirks as well.  Does that seem unwise to you?

Greenthorn

Well from what I've seen so far, nothing really seems unwise to me here *smiles*.  But I do think that many people are looking for someone to come up with the newest "great idea".  *shrugs* as you know, I have no room to talk as I'm still "lurking" on the rp side of the forums.  *Reaches for unofficial intro lurker badge and sighs* Would show you my pretty badge but some green dude stole it from me. *huffs*

DreadD

Eh, I'm not trying to do something revolutionary, just something enjoyable.  So long as all parties have fun and the writing is decent...  Well, that's the goal.

Though you've decided not to respond to the PM from before?  Ah well.

Greenthorn

I have yet to come up with a response to it!  Have no fear though a response shall come *smiles*

Elvi

It's always good to put down at least the basis of an idea, for people to mull over. That way they can see where you're coming from and have a basis for discussion.

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

DreadD

Well, again, my basic idea was a contemporary setting, Male/female interaction, though I'm willing to play either of the interactors, and something with more tension then just "Meet 'n shag" as I find that to be... Lacking merit.  I was hoping I could leave what sort of tension up for discussion...  Is that really too vague?

Elvi

A little....

For example, a good one on one request would be something along the lines of:
(And this is just off the top of my head)

Sam is a hard headed construction worker, who has been spotted by Emilia a talent scout.
She sees he had potential, but can she knock the rough edges off in time to get him into an audition for a major upcoming film?

You would then go on to say...."I would like this game to be...." and give details of roughly how you would like the plot/game to pan out... 

DreadD

Hrmm...  But I don't really have such a tight direction for it.  It's more of, I'm looking for someone else to work with me to define a scenario like that.  I tend to like a lot of co-ordination in establishing the starting point, and then to let the RP shape as each player takes the part of their character.  Is that simply not going to work here?

Trieste

I'd say give it a day or two. Then if you don't get a nibble, add more to it. Generally you can find someone else interested in just about anything, but occasionally people just don't go for what you're asking and you need to revise. :)

DreadD

That's fair, I was actually just asking because of Elvi's comment.

Elvi

It can and does, however, that normally happens when people know the player better.

I have found that the best way to get into a game, as a new player, is to at least have a setting.
The example above leaves a lot of leeway, for both players, to work out who, how and why, but it does give a starting point.

DreadD

Mmn, well, I don't really have a particular relationship in mind for the two characters, but a modern city setting, I suppose, skyscrapers and the like, maybe a business setting if that strikes someone's fancy...  Ugh, I'm mediocre at starting from scratch with things like this.

Trieste

The best and quickest reactions are, in my experience, received by those threads into which some effort is invested. To give an example, it took me all of 10 minutes to sit down and type out this but it got several good responses, and eventually panned out into an actual game. I use my own thread as an example 'cause it's mine mine mine mine, mwaha. But it's not the only one that's gotten a good response from a decent description.

Also, it's a weekend, which tends to be slow-ish on Elliquiy (I've found) so you've got some time. :P

DreadD

Oh...  Okay, I was really hoping for more of a collaborated start, but... Well give me some time and I'll come up with something better, I guess.

Caeli

But it will be a collaborated start - even if you just come up with the bare-bones setting and idea, others who are interested will usually contribute their own details and ideas, and you guys can throw stuff back and forth until you come up with something more concrete.

And, of course, it's a weekend - as Trieste has mentioned, E's a bit slow on weekends.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

DreadD

Hrmmn, well, let's try something a little more... Sharp than I was originally thinking.

This is all tenative, gender rolls could certainly be reversed, etc. etc.

The primary setting: An office building.

The Cast: A relatively loyal, married man, and a spoiled, quite attractive female.

The layout: The two work in generally close proximity most of the time, the female has taken a... Shine to the male, though he has not, as of yet, really noticed her passes at him.  While he does find her attractive, he is, after all, loyal.  This, of course, infuriates her, and makes her more intent upon... Scoring with him.

Expected playbook: Standard interacations between the two, attempts by her to get him, expecting: Trickery, physical pleasure, any other forms of seduction that come to hand.

Terms are negotiable.  This was just an idea that popped into my head and I hoped a more solidified structure like this would have some appeal.