Rapture or Party Time

Started by despickable, May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

Im just mad because I missed the looting party i sure could have done with a plasma screen tv even if it was only for a few days.

i wonder if Mr Camping is rapture or rat shit right now

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Aiden

All this talk and I did not see ONE rapture raptor, this was lame!

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Oniya

Well, he's got till midnight, the way I see it.  Post-Rapture looting can be put off to the 22nd.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

despickable

No rapture here in Australia all clear still doesn't stop us having a bbq. I am beginning to think it is a dud. go Figure

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

I can't wait to hear what Camping has to say for himself tomorrow :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

His best bet would be to not say anything, not show up to his station, etc., and try to create the illusion that he's vanished off the face of the earth.

Of course, I know we won't be so lucky.

Anti-doomsday clocks
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Silverfyre

I find it interesting how much media attention is being devoted to this religious nut-bag.  It's rather sad, really.

Oniya

We could always look at it as a celebration of the fact that we're not dead.  That might put it in a more positive light.

Remiel

I'm amazed by the human tendency to attach artificial significance or meaning to numbers, whether round numbers like 10, 100, 1000, a million, etc., or repeating numbers like 7 in this case.

If there is a Creator, I think that it is clear that He doesn't favor round numbers.  Heck, just look at Pi. Or e.

Oniya

I've mentioned this on another thread, but once you start deciding that a number is 'significant', then you start noticing it everywhere.  Heck, if I were to decide that the color orange was significant, then I would tend to start noticing it more.  Even if the number/color didn't naturally occur in a situation, I'd start coming up with ways that it was related.  (In the 'orange' example - the sky is blue, and if you take the other two primary colors and mix them, you get orange.  Ooooh, scary!)

Vekseid

Quote from: Oniya on May 21, 2011, 03:24:28 PM
I've mentioned this on another thread, but once you start deciding that a number is 'significant', then you start noticing it everywhere.  Heck, if I were to decide that the color orange was significant, then I would tend to start noticing it more.  Even if the number/color didn't naturally occur in a situation, I'd start coming up with ways that it was related.  (In the 'orange' example - the sky is blue, and if you take the other two primary colors and mix them, you get orange.  Ooooh, scary!)

Except the three primary colors are red, blue, and green, and the color opposite the color wheel of blue is yellow >_>

Which is why the Sun looks yellowish on Earth, but white in space.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Vekseid on May 21, 2011, 04:49:24 PM
Except the three primary colors are red, blue, and green, and the color opposite the color wheel of blue is yellow >_>

Which is why the Sun looks yellowish on Earth, but white in space.

In light the three primaries are Red, Blue and Green (the additive color wheel), but in pigment they are Red, Blue and Yellow (the subtractive color wheel) ;).  In pigment, blue's complement is orange.  There we go Oniya, orange is everywhere!

edited cause yeah, I can't type.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Oniya

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 21, 2011, 04:53:44 PM
In light the three primaries are Red, Blue and Green (the additive color wheel), but in pigment they are Red, Blue and Yellow (the subtractive color wheel) ;).  In pigment, blue's complement is orange.  There we go Oniya, orange is everywhere!

Which is what I was going with - and yes, I know that light is subtractive and would make more sense to use with anything relating to the color of the sky, but it only goes further to prove that these sort of 'X is everywhere' coincidences can rely on selective fact-usage.

Wyrd

I know why the rapture didn't happen.

Thank you Randy "Macho man" Savage/ for saving the world a second time
Ragtime Dandies!

Oniya

*laughs*  Thanks for sharing that - I've saved it for Mr. Oniya to see when he gets home.

Wyrd

You're welcome! *Sigh...* I'll miss you Macho man
Ragtime Dandies!

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Oniya

According to the Anti Doomsday Clocks (thank you, Mr. Freud, for that near-typo), L.A. has under 2 hours until the 'new deadline' of 6 PM.  Waiting to see if Mr. Camping is the only one to be raptured.

Wyrd

Maybe they'll take that old fart and give us randy back
Ragtime Dandies!

Aiden

Quote from: Wyrd on May 21, 2011, 06:05:18 PM
I know why the rapture didn't happen.

Thank you Randy "Macho man" Savage/ for saving the world a second time
To good to be censored in a quote!

I thought I was having a good day until I saw this, now it is a GREAT FUCKING day!

Rip Macho Man!

Oniya

Hawaii's got an hour to go - unless Camping moves the time again.  Even so, it's only an hour till midnight on a sunny day here.

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/149707/20110521/failed-doomsday-prophet-harold-camping-hiding-silent.htm

gaggedLouise

Great pics, Wyrd, especially the Macho Man one - and you can't help wonder if "know the Lord" means something rather different when it's Biblical knowledge we're talking about - as in "Abraham knew his wife" (not wishing to insult Christians in general here, but then the vast majoirty of Christians don't pretend to know the future as a fact through prophesy).

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Vekseid

Quote from: Kuroneko on May 21, 2011, 04:53:44 PM

Pigments are cyan, yellow, and magenta. They are the complements of red, blue, and green respectively.

Check you're printer's color ink : )

Oreo

Quote from: Remiel on May 21, 2011, 03:17:40 PM
I'm amazed by the human tendency to attach artificial significance or meaning to numbers, whether round numbers like 10, 100, 1000, a million, etc., or repeating numbers like 7 in this case.

If there is a Creator, I think that it is clear that He doesn't favor round numbers.  Heck, just look at Pi. Or e.

Isn't it funny that Pi, the mathematical constant whose value is the ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter, is a number as far away from round as you can get?

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin