News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Combining files

Started by strangely made, February 04, 2008, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangely made

This problem is bugging me something rotten.

At the moment I'm running Windows XP, and I have some files that I want to combine and put in order. I just cant figure it out though.

For example, say I have a folder called Cheese and another called Biscuits how do I put the cheese folder in the biscuit folder? Do I have to have to take each file out and put it in the folder I want or is there some way of doing it all together?

DancerTamara

click on the cheese folder, click 'move this folder' on the sidebar, then send it to the Biscuits folder.

strangely made

*blush*, I've been right clicking and everything, never once tried that.
But by golly it works :)...I think I owe you a big hug and a BIG BIG snog for the quickest answer ever .

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

DancerTamara

*giggles* So glad it worked, and you're welcome.  I use xp, and it took me a while to get the hang of it too, but now I love it.

Elvi

*laughs*

My PC runs '98 and guess what?
I tried to show strangely how to 'add his cheese to his crackers' and it didn't work did it?

Y'know, I'm going to have to change soon and I'm really going to miss the utter simplicity that I have now....*sniffles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

DancerTamara

Aww Elvi *pats your shoulder*  I felt that way too at first, but you'll like it once you get used to it.

King_Furby

windows 98 was awesome i never had problems with that OS. I have had few with XP but i did like 98 cause it was simple. i don't think my mother could have learned to use a computer without windows 98 lol.

strangely made

Yayyyyyyyyyyy, now I know I can organise my daz files to make it much much easier to work with.

*grin* you wait till we get the 4 gig, duel core processors, Elvi.

kongming

I first used Win95m MS DOS and QuickMenu. QuickMenu was so nice and easy to use. Then Win95 came along, and it took some getting used to, but I liked it after that.

Then 98 came along, and it took a little getting used to, but it was good after that. Nice and small and stable, too, IIRC.

Then the move to XP came, and that took some getting used to, but in the end, it worked. Especially seeing as you can tell the menus and everything to act in the "classic" way of 98 rather than the new XP way.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

ZK

Hell, I feel like I'm ancient when it comes to Windows. I used DOS then 2.1x and 3.1x, then Windows 95, 98, XP, Yellow Dog Linux.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Hunter

I started before that.  On the radio shack TSR-80.

I did my first programming (dice roller as I recall) in Basic.  Not VB.

BASIC.   ;D

Captain Maltese

Oh, yeah, baby. I think I started with 2.3, it could have been 2.1 too. The memory is sort of dim. My first ibm-compatible was an IBM XT, souped ut from 4.77 mhz (1)86 cpu to a whopping 12mhz 386. With that one I programmed, did schoolwork, played some hundreds hours of Civilisation 1....*sniff* good old.....hello NO they weren't.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Mindhazingsquid

My first was an apple 2c, it's OS was, more or less, BASIC so I made lots of half started text adventures.  Then we got a PC and DOS (don't know which) then I took a while to start using windows but I think I used them all except Vista, I also use Ubuntu and except DOS and Apple 2c OS not a one of them has worked properly for me.  I always, always, always have problems.

Captain Maltese

Oh yeah? Well, my first iron was a Vic 20, 5 kilobit ram....

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

HairyHeretic

I wasn't far behind you. Sinclair ZX Spectrum, with a whole 48k of memory :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

strangely made

My first computer was the one that Elvi is now useing exclusively:P

kongming

Well, before computers I had (well, it was my Dad's) an Amstrad CPC. That had BASIC as an OS, and although I didn't know how then, I could make a text adventure for BASIC now. I can also do so in Python, and have in the past. Except I don't know how to compile :/
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Celestial Goblin

Isn't compiling automatical?
Just choose 'compile' and it compiles... or throws errors at you.