Welcome to Miami. Welcome to the 80s.

Started by al3xzaytev, July 13, 2017, 12:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al3xzaytev

Background:

In May 1980, Fidel Castro opened the harbor at Mariel, Cuba, with the apparent intention of letting some of his people join their relations in the United States. Within seventy-two hours, 3,000 U.S. boats were heading for Cuba. It soon became evident that Castro was forcing the boat owners to carry back with them not only their relations, but the dregs of his jails. Of the 125,000 refugees that landed in Florida, an estimated 25,000 had criminal records.

...they are unwilling to adapt to the spirit of our revolution...
We don't want them! We don't need them!

- Fidel Castro

MIAMI, FLORIDA, AUGUST 11, 1980 (UPI)
HUNDREDS OF CUBAN REFUGEES BEGAN RIOTING THIS MORNING AT A DETENTION CENTER SITUATED UNDER INTERSTATE 95 IN NORTH MIAMI, BURNING TENTS AND ATTACKING IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION GUARDS WITH PIPES, STICKS, AND ROCKS...

Roles: There is no limit. Pick your role.
the speps man will rise again

al3xzaytev

During the chaos, a refugee sneaks inside the kitchens of the camp and stole a knife. He then sneaks into the outer rings and eventually slit a guard's throat, escaping.

RampantDesires

((Hi there al3xzaytev.  I moved this thread in here to the roleplays section where you'll hopefully find others to play in the setting you're interested in :-) The other board was for social mafia/werewolf themed games and not freeform writing.  I hope that you have fun with this.  May I ask what kind of characters/action you're looking for here?  I might be down for writing some kind of shop owner...  You're also welcome to make a thread here in the RP requests where you can talk with people about ideas for this instead of having them in an in character thread.))

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

al3xzaytev

Quote from: RampantDesires on July 13, 2017, 01:15:10 AM
((Hi there al3xzaytev.  I moved this thread in here to the roleplays section where you'll hopefully find others to play in the setting you're interested in :-) The other board was for social mafia/werewolf themed games and not freeform writing.  I hope that you have fun with this.  May I ask what kind of characters/action you're looking for here?  I might be down for writing some kind of shop owner...  You're also welcome to make a thread in the RP requests where you can talk with people about ideas for this instead of having them in an in character thread.))
Thanks for correcting my mistake.
I do not actually understand what do you mean here. The theme was supposed to be a living underworld roleplay. I do not actually set a kind of role limits here, you can be anyone.