News:

Main Menu

Helpful Home Remedies

Started by persephone325, January 20, 2016, 01:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

DISCLAIMER
I'm not a doctor, nurse, or medical professional. This thread is NOT a substitute for appropriate medical attention!!

So, I'm one of those people that only takes prescription medications if I absolutely HAVE to. Whether it be for headaches, a common cold, or muscle pain. I like home remedies and homeopathic treatments. I figured I could share some helpful remedies that have helped me in the past, and maybe help my friends here on E. And, if people feel so inclined, they can share some of their own.

Nausea
I suffer from nausea quite often. Especially when that time of the month rolls around... >.> Here's some helpful remedies I've found.

• Peppermint - Candies or tea. Really soothes my stomach.
  • Ginger - Making tea (preferably hot) from ginger powder. It's a bit "spicy", but it does the job well.
  • Honey and Lemon mix - Mixing equal parts honey and lemon together and drinking slowly. I usually add some water in there to cut it so neither one overpowers the other.

Common Cold

• Ginger - 10 grams of ginger, cut into pieces, boil in water. Strain and add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. Drink hot.
  • Honey and Cinnamon - 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder 3 times a day.
  • Cinnamon - Add to food and drink to ease symptoms.
  • Honey - Eat fresh, or add to herbal tea. Encourages healing and prevents secondary infections.

Headache

• Eucalyptus - 10 drops of eucalyptus oil in boiled water. Cover head with towel and inhale steam.
  • Ginger - Fresh or powder. Same method as above.
  • Lavender - Massage temples with lavender oil for tension headaches.

Heartburn

• Almonds - Eat a few almonds to ease symptoms.
  • Milk - Drink chilled for quick relief.

Insomnia

• Lavender - Inhaling lavender oil, or add to warm bath before bed. Place 1/2 oz of lavender flowers in a packet and place under pillow.
  • Chamomile - Drink chamomile tea 30 minutes before bed.
  • Milk & Honey - A glass of milk sweetened with honey (with, or without a pinch of nutmeg) every night, 30 minutes before bed.
  • Cherries - Eating 10-20 cherries a day can help with mental fatigue and stress, which both contribute to insomnia.

Migraines

• Basil - Inhale basil oil.
  • Ginger - At first sign of migraine, mix 1/3 teaspoon of ginger powder into a glass of water and drink it.

I have not tried all these methods. Mainly because I haven't suffered from some of these conditions for some time. But those are just some of the most helpful remedies I've found. I'll also be updating this post with new remedies as I find them. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."