Pathfinder Campaign (System Game)- Interest Check

Started by EvilBeast, July 15, 2013, 05:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBeast

I've decided to give a group system-game a try here. It will be a pretty straight forward game, and run as close to the rules as possible. I need to gauge interest in a campaign, which will help me determine what kind of game to run.

The system will be Pathfinder, no third party stuff. Anything in the SRD is fair game, but some options will be under review (nothing solidly banned yet).

I don't have a lot of adventure paths, but I do have a few:
Age of Worms
Rise of the Runelords
The Savage Tide

Alternatively, I can run some low-level one shot adventures and create an ongoing campaign from them, or even create something original.

I imagine we'd be starting at 1st level, just in case a low level game is not for you.

I'm open to newbies to the system (or new to D&D 3.5). This is not an open call for characters. It is simply an interest check to help me determine what kind of game to run.

The game will also likely fall into the Extreme category, which gives plenty of room for creativity. When I know what kind of game to run, I'll turn this thread into a "proper" application/recruitment thread.

Thanks for reading!

Evil

Erich Norden

Florence

Tentative interest. I'd need more before I say anything one way or the other. I am itching to try playing a summoner or a witch, though :O
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

EroticFantasyAuthor

NicciKotor

I have hosted and DMed dozens of pathfinder games here on Elliquiy. Ask me anything and I know how to do it correctly. I also know of the perfect way to make and publish maps here on elliquiy, that makes combat way way easier and fun for everyone.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

I'd like to know more about the settings and would consider applying.

Elayne

"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Ershin

Interested, though I've not really got much knowledge of the pathfinder setting or the adventure paths, a Pathfinder game is always pretty cool to play in.

RubySlippers

Snake

EvilBeast

Well, I've seemed to invoke some interest. I still, however, don't know what kind of game to run.

I'll mull it over, and see what kind of ideas I can come up with.

spooky

I want to say I'm interested.. hopefully not too late.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

BraveEarth

steelsmiter

I'm interested, but only if I can play a Savage Barbarian Archetype from APG.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

EvilBeast

Things must work differently here than other sites that I'm used to.

Anyway, once I decide on a game/adventure/campaign, i'll post the relevant information and then open the thread up for an open call for applications. The application period will be a set period of time, after which I will choose the amount of players that I need (whether four or five).

I choose players based on the character concept, background, writing skill, commitment to post, and adherence to requested information, among other things.

Though this seems strict, I am flexible to requests and will consider options unless I fully state a source is outright banned.

I may ask for applications to be PM'd to me rather than in the thread, but I have not decided this yet.

Please note: This game, though it may contain erotic or sexual content, is not necessarily an erotic game. I'll also note right away that I don't use sexual rule variants, so if that is the type of game you're looking for, you won't find it here. As I plan on running a system game, it will be run as such. This will NOT be a freeform game.

So, if I haven't shunned everyone away yet, and you're still interested, then please keep an eye on this thread. When it is open for applications, I'll make it known and organize the information so that my intentions and expectations are clearly understood.

That said, if anyone has any suggestions for what type of campaign they'd like, or elements they're craving, I'm still open to some suggestions. (examples: jungle themed, pirates, dungeons, cities, etc.)

steelsmiter

Quote from: EvilBeast on July 19, 2013, 10:49:46 PM
Things must work differently here than other sites that I'm used to.
not as far as I can tell, no.

QuoteI choose players based on the character concept, background, writing skill, commitment to post, and adherence to requested information, among other things.
Most people do, I can't imagine you actually choosing me but my interest in the game is predicated on the ability to play a highly specific character, which fits this criteria.

QuoteThough this seems strict, I am flexible to requests and will consider options unless I fully state a source is outright banned.
Not sure how this means you're strict.

QuotePlease note: This game, though it may contain erotic or sexual content, is not necessarily an erotic game. I'll also note right away that I don't use sexual rule variants, so if that is the type of game you're looking for, you won't find it here. As I plan on running a system game, it will be run as such. This will NOT be a freeform game.

So, if I haven't shunned everyone away yet, and you're still interested, then please keep an eye on this thread. When it is open for applications, I'll make it known and organize the information so that my intentions and expectations are clearly understood.

That said, if anyone has any suggestions for what type of campaign they'd like, or elements they're craving, I'm still open to some suggestions. (examples: jungle themed, pirates, dungeons, cities, etc.)
fair enough. I'm not particularly picky on sexual games, but the Savage Barbarian is a concept that I want based on the premise of a(n) Native American/African tribesman (flavored differently as necessary for your game). Not the big hulking barbarian everyone comes to expect, rather one whose connection to nature is disrupted by being overly equipped (no armor, the minimum allowable amount of clothes, only things like boots, cloaks, and bracers where possible, and only because they're not specifically mentioned in any class ability that I'm aware of for the archetype).
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Muse

I'm happy to write an application, especially once you have a campaign pitch. 

I would have offered an opinion on what to run, but I don't really known the adventure  paths. 

I'd kind of like to be able to talk to other applicants in here about what they're applying with, so we don't get 15 fighter applications and no cleric.  But I'll respect your wishes on that, too. :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

EvilBeast

Quote from: Muse on July 19, 2013, 11:06:18 PM
I'd kind of like to be able to talk to other applicants in here about what they're applying with, so we don't get 15 fighter applications and no cleric.  But I'll respect your wishes on that, too. :)
Of course, and I'll certainly take that into consideration. The site I usually play at creates a game forum just for that game, and that is where I usually have a thread for applications, thus keeping the game application information cleanly separated from the applications themselves so I don't have to wade through a mix of applications and questions.

I'm still finding my way around here, and as this is my first serious group game, I need to make it work for me as well as prospective players.

It must be noted, though this is my first group game here, I am no stranger to running group games on other sites (though those have heavy restrictions against adult content). I'm looking forward to the freedom that this site has to offer, but I'd also like to be able to organize the game in a way that utilizes methods that I have been accustomed to for years.

steelsmiter

Quote from: EvilBeast on July 19, 2013, 11:19:49 PM
Of course, and I'll certainly take that into consideration. The site I usually play at creates a game forum just for that game, and that is where I usually have a thread for applications, thus keeping the game application information cleanly separated from the applications themselves so I don't have to wade through a mix of applications and questions.
sounds like RPoL.net which it's nice to have that but I consider that to be its only selling point.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

EvilBeast

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 19, 2013, 11:05:34 PM
Not sure how this means you're strict.
You'd be surprised. At other sites, when it is clearly noted that a source is banned (for whatever reason), there is invariably a member who questions the ban. Some say "fair enough", but many have argued and bitched about it. I've had application threads derailed because a member would rather argue than either accept the ruling or just move on to a game more to their liking.

Tydorei

8-)

Rise of da Rune Lordz?

But i'm interested either way.

steelsmiter

Quote from: EvilBeast on July 19, 2013, 11:25:53 PM
You'd be surprised. At other sites, when it is clearly noted that a source is banned (for whatever reason), there is invariably a member who questions the ban. Some say "fair enough", but many have argued and bitched about it. I've had application threads derailed because a member would rather argue than either accept the ruling or just move on to a game more to their liking.
It turns out I would not be surprised at that happening. The very first game I ran here was poorly policed on my part. A guy kept arguing about all the character concepts I had written for a supplement that I stated I was testing, then wanted to use third party material that I hadn't written. Another guy joined because I hadn't set up my O/Os and didn't know where to find his so we ended up having a bit of a personality conflict there which I fully take the blame for.

That game is kinda... dead now... I'm not sure how to salvage it.

Sorry Muse, It has not yet (but may still) become the game you wanted (but may still if you think it's worth salvaging)...

Edit: About my concept earlier, I said Tribesman, I meant Tribeswoman. I'll shoot you a concept pm if you like
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

EvilBeast

Quote from: Blinkin on July 20, 2013, 04:10:07 AMWill you notify the player of that fact? It's a huge pet peeve of mine to go to the effort of doing something requested, then be left hanging because someone is too cool to write back.
absolutely. I'll announce it for all who is in and who didn't get in. I also keep track of submissions in case we need to replace a drop-out player quickly.

RubySlippers

I figure if its not on the OGL webpage its not likely allowed and what the GM says, goes.