Iron Gods Adventure Path [Pathfinder] [VOIP] [Roll20]

Started by BraveEarth, December 26, 2015, 10:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BraveEarth

Hello denizens of E, I am looking to start yet another Pathfinder game on the site. Although, my experience with system games on E with heavy crunch is that they do not last PbP (play by post). I also realize that everyone on E has lives and meeting up to play in a game can be a huge inconvenience.

What I am proposing is a hopefully a more reasonable solution to that. I would like to gather a group to meet over Mumble/Skype/Google Hangouts monthly or Bimonthly to just run through an Adventure Path.

For those who are not in the know, Adventure Paths are campaigns published by Paizo the creators of the Pathfinder Role-playing system that promise interesting stories within certain themes of campaigns overarching them. They are designed for small parties, because of this I am only accepting 4 characters. It is not first come first serve and I will not be starting already until mid January.

I personally would like to run either Reign of Winter, Iron Gods, or Kingmaker. I have all the complete paths though, and if you can properly sell a path I will give it a re-read (or a read, owning doesn't exactly mean knowledge of)

So we shall see what everyone interested is wanting to play and then we shall go from there.

All characters are 15 point buy, 2 traits. You may use any book so long as you reference properly. I would advise waiting because of story reasons for why your character is where he/she is.

Chulanowa

Awwwwww, I'd love to play in Iron Gods, but I currently can't use voice chat reliably  :-\

BraveEarth

It's less about talking so much as being present during a certain time of the day when you can participate with the rest of the group. Unless you're using voice chat unreliably also includes not being able to hear, that would be a problem.

vatovie

I'm in for this and My vote goes towards Kingmaker but I'm fine with Iron Gods.

Grizzly

You have my curiosity but I'd like to know a bit more of the specifics of the game meeting time.  What day and time would we be meeting?
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

BraveEarth

Well that's one of the last things to be set because it needs to meet everyone's schedule needs. That's why I am only proposing once a month at most because otherwise you run into life issues.

So in short, when I have 4 players we'll discuss it.

Zhu Que

I would like to express my interest. It has been a while for me for this type of game, but I definitely would like to look into it.

Chulanowa

Well, I could do it, thing is that I share a place with a pair of potheads who can't fathim the concept of volume control, so any use of my mic before 11 PM Pacific results in hearing nothing but hacking coughs and Steve Harvey  XD

But yeah, if ya just gotta show, I'm totally down. Again, preferring Iron Gods with reign of winter as second place.

BraveEarth

Alright from my count we currently have 2 voters with a slight inclination towards Iron Gods. If those interested could say what they would rather play I can change some things to be more official. Also, anyone just reading, no place is set in stone so do not be shy about voicing interest.

Chulanowa

I'll take one order of iron Gods. Extra radiation, please.

Zhu Que

Any, with a slight lean towards Kingmaker (messaged Brave, but just wanted to post it here too). ^_^

Rajah

Iron Gods is pretty awesome. In consideration of other things that are pretty awesome, how do you feel about Dreamscarred Press?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Pockets

Places tentative placemarker. Part of this will depend on when we're to get together. I have a character in mind though.
08/02 - New A/A Update

BraveEarth

Alright enough New Year Malaise.

Given the considerable support towards Iron Gods and my own leanings I'm going to declare that we are going to run Iron Gods

I'm also changing the thread name to reflect this so don't get confused.

Here is the Player's Guide in case you want to use any of the traits in the book. Not to mention help with character ideas for the interested but undecided.

You can say what you want to play but I ask that you send the full sheets to me via PM.

Quote from: Rajah on December 31, 2015, 10:44:03 AM
Iron Gods is pretty awesome. In consideration of other things that are pretty awesome, how do you feel about Dreamscarred Press?

Umm I'm really not comfortable going outside Paizo published material at this moment, especially if you are referencing the various classes they have written up, which takes much more consideration than a feat or two.
Quote from: Pockets on December 31, 2015, 08:33:02 PM
Places tentative placemarker. Part of this will depend on when we're to get together. I have a character in mind though.
Well send the character my way now that I have decided the Path.

Lunar Raven

Will jot up a character concept and send it in, seeing as how I've wanted to do this particular adventure path for a while now.

Edit: Will have to retract that - I saw Iron Gods and leapt without noting that it was going to be over voice chat, which i can't do reliably  :-[
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

vatovie

I believe Brave said you just have to be able to listen not talk. So, if your internet connection is the unreliable thing I totally understand but if it's your mic that's the problem you should be fine.

BraveEarth

Yes, for those unfamiliar with Roll20 there is a persistent chat log that everyone who is a part of the game can use.

Bibliophilia

TheGlyphstone

I've never actually tried VOIP/Roll20 before, but this is certainly a better opportunity to dip my toe in the water than most, and I love the concept of Iron Gods - both previous PbP games I was in here imploded.

EDIT: Monthly meetings, though? How long would each session be, cause otherwise that'll be an extremely slow-moving game. Possibly too slow for my preferences.

BraveEarth

At least 5 hours although 7 might be too much to ask.

Grizzly

I've done some VOIP using Google Hangouts alongside Roll20.  Put me down for tentative interest.  It all depends on the time of the games for me, since I work.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Pockets

Are we using standard gold for our class or a predetermined amount?
08/02 - New A/A Update

BraveEarth

Standard, I did contemplate the standard 150GP, but there is a bit of balancing in starting gold for different classes.

TheGlyphstone

It always felt very arbitrary to me, or flavor-dependent rather than balance-dependent at least. Monks, for instance, get the lowest starting at 1d6x10 for what seems to be no reason other than 'monks should be poor ascetics', while Druids, who are both far more powerful and fluff-wise far less dependent on money or manufactured gear, get twice that at 2d6x10. Fighters - the most gear-dependent class - get an average of 175GP, Barbarians (almost indistinguishable from Fighters at level 1) get only 105, and Clerics get an average of 140 GP despite having magic.

Speaking of which, I think I'll be submitting a Druid with the Stargazer trait - someone fascinated by the idea of entire alien ecologies on other worlds.

Pockets

I'll be submitting a Paladin using the multiclass variant rules from Unchained with Oracle being my secondary class.
08/02 - New A/A Update