Family zombie apocalypse rp

Started by Fierbali111, February 22, 2019, 01:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierbali111

The warning came too late. By the time tv stations gave word of an impending outbreak there was already panic in the streets as those headed outside were unexpectedly met with the cold lifeless eyes of the shambling dead staring back at them. Luckily your family was wise to stay indoors instead of trying to flee the suburbs, the roads quickly jammed with abandoned vehicles, making escape from the city all but impossible as you hid in the basement trying to block out the screams and gunshots throughout the night as trapped survivors are eaten alive.

Day 1

This rp would be focused on a family surviving a zombie outbreak and following their relationships as they become closer and further apart based on their actions. Non family characters will also become available if family positions fill up, choosing whether to band with the new survivors or fight or scare them off.

This will be a mostly freeform game but with some dice rolling and stats like so:

[float=right][img height=200]Picture[/img][/float]
[b]Family Role:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] height, ethnicity, body hair, build and body shape
[b]Background information(include character kinks):[/b]

[b]Stats:18 points, each category has a max of 6[/b]

[b]Strength[/b]

[b]stamina[/b]

[b]intelligence[/b]

[b]Luck[/b]

[b]weapon skill[/b]

[b]unarmed skill[/b]

I would be acting as the DM and NPCs, creating situations and encounters that you, as the resourceful survivors, will need to overcome.

To avoid characters trying to be everywhere, the game will progress by days and 2 or more characters can decide to venture out together to different locations or stay home to fortify or improve relationships/skills, once you choose a location you stay there for most of the day.

Lastly, as a rule you have 1 post per week minimum. If you don't reply then your character will inexplicably become infected and I will take control and make them try to eat the rest of the family.(dont be that guy/girl)

Character thread

OOC thread

Locations thread

RP themes: incest, gore, non consent, violence etc. It is assumed that everyone is comfortable with these who choose to take part in the RP.

Roles

Dad: tobisquestion

Mom: LSWSjr

Brother 1: Doomblade403xxx

Brother 2: Jason Hunter

Sister 1: Wicked Emi

Sister 2: Rel Mayer

How exploration and combat works

In this RP I will first describe the general layout of each area as you enter(noting areas of interest and enemy presence). I will mostly let you take the reins with descriptions of the environment as they take place through your characters eyes and I will jump in often with a quick description if you wish to open a box or break open a door or listen for enemies(which will involve stat based dice rolls). Events will also occur that i will play the part of other survivors/raiders/zombies/government troops.

I will also jump in with posts on the time so you must get home by 6 o clock or things get bad(also balances play time among characters so there is less waiting)

Combat is quite simple. You can lose 3 times without healing yourself before you die( healing takes two days so you might have some downtime at home for some friendly interactions)

To win or lose a combat dice roll you roll a D6 die and add your skill+ item bonus when involving unarmed or non ammo weapons. Ammo weapons work the same except you can use multiple shots (max specified by the weapon) of which you use the highest roll to defeat the enemy. Guns are generally more effective then close combat weapons but will run out of ammo fast if you want good rolls.

weapons will roll a d10 dice after each encounter, on a 1 they break.

Weapons will have bonuses and skill requirements. Weapons that you do not meet the skill requirement for will be useless.

Fierbali111

Jason Hunter

I would love to put my hat in the ring for this one. I would love to put forward a character for a 20 odd year old son who is back from college for holidays when all this goes down.

Fierbali111

Great, that's one son down. I will be making another thread where you can post your character stats shortly.

Dominique

Hai, I absolutely love zombie stories. Do you reckon I could play a younger sister?

Fierbali111

Sure thing, once the character sheet is filled out I will add them the official roster so everyone else knows what positions are still available.

Jason Hunter

Please reserve an older brother role for me. I will make a character sheet on Monday :)

Dominique

Is this all right?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Family Role: Daughter
Name: Emma Carson
Appearance: She's a rather petite girl, though her athletic devotion shows in her subtle muscle definition, mostly in her upper arms. Emma is no taller than 5'4” with light brown, long hair, round, cherub lips and green eyes that hold an almost childlike innocence easily mistaken for naivety. They make a sharp contrast with her sometimes blunt and direct attitude.

Background information(include character kinks): Emma is a surprisingly confident young girl. She's intelligent and blessed with the agility and stamina required to excel in gymnastics, putting her in the top ranks both in school and on the gymnastics team. She's bordering on arrogant but is kept level-headed by her home situation; as the youngest sibling in her family she's learned that there's value to being modest and humble as well. She's known to be a fighter and a hard worker, and before disaster struck she was sporting both a weekend job as well as serving the hungry customers to a quaint 50's diner two nights a week just to be able to afford the things she needs... or wants. She can be surprisingly direct at times, speaking rather out of the blue in a sharp and not always pleasant manner. Generally she's quite nice to be around though, although she's not one to share her emotions too willingly; playing the overly dramatic teenage girl just isn't her thing. She doesn't easily bother with people, preferring to socialize with a few close friends over hanging out with big groups, and perhaps her lack of interest might be mistaken for haughtiness. But when she finds a person interesting they have her undivided attention and she'll go to great lengths to win them over. She can be a bit manipulative if she really wants something, and has the wit and skill – and looks – to often succeed at getting what she wants.

Emma attended her local High School up until disaster struck her home city. She was looking to go to college next year, with the likeliness of receiving an NCAA scholarship – her ticket out of here, so to speak. She had everything planned out and to find the world falling apart around her left her not just upset, but angry as well; nothing was going the way it was supposed to and that just wasn't fair.

When it all started she was in class, and barely managed to escape her local high school with her life. Emma was forced to watch her close friend Sarah falling victim in the initial outbreak, narrowly escaping being attacked herself. The fact that her friend is no longer alive hasn't quite sunk in yet, and she's quietly trying to come to terms with reality.

Her sexual preferences are fairly unexplored, but she's an adventurous one who likes a bit of roughness and isn't easily embarrassed; she really enjoys the risk of being discovered.

Stats:18 points, each category has a max of 6

Strength 2

stamina 5

intelligence 3

Luck 3

weapon skill 1

unarmed skill 4

Stendarr

I'm interested. I think I wanna play a younger sister as well, but if you mind, Dominique, I can play something else. I wanna know more about the mechanics. I like the idea of a light gameplay mechanics. Do we care about art style for character pictures? What kind of zombies are they?

Fierbali111

Art style doesn't matter as long as it's not loli or anthro as pics are optional. Everyone who fills out a character sheet can vote if the want the zombies to be sexual or not. Zombies are mostly the slow and shambling type, however there are faster ones like lickers and other unknown types that are come out at night. There are also raiders and other such enemies and allies you will encounter.

Fierbali111

Game mechanics revolve around encounters so it reduces God modding. Your physical performance and even physical attributes can vary based on your stats. Actions like sex, fighting and lock picking will vary based on you stat plus a D6 roll. Enemies will have their own stats that you will have to beat.

Items will also be available like weapons and food. Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Stendarr

Is there gonna be any over arching story?

Fierbali111

Yes however most of it won't be revealed until later on. There will be a brief story intro and everyone will start inside the house.

LSWSjr

Throwing this basic outline into the ring :)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Family Role: Mother
Name: Dr. Nancy Carson
Appearance: Standing slightly shorter than most of her children, the 5'3" matriarch has a slim build displaying both the extra effort she's put in to protecting her skin and maintaining a healthy diet. She typically keeps her black hair from reaching shoulder length and often uses it to frame her green eyes.

Background information(include character kinks): Nancy came into her own during the mid nighties, long before the wars and technology booms that would follow in the decades to come. She was born into a middle class family in New York and was driven to attain the same stability for herself and maybe even a family of her own, studying hard throughout high school and was later accepted into [a] medical school where she studied to become a gastroenterolergist. In the fallout of the World Trade Center attack, the young woman also undertook self defense and handgun training and these days is still quick to defend herself and her family. [More details to come as characters join, including her husband?]

Even tempered and at times contemplative, Nancy leans on these traits in the bedroom where she confidently approaches her [husband/lovers] with a smoldering passion and a willingness to experiment with the things she's seen online or heard about from her friends.

STATISTICS

Strength: 2

Stamina: 3

Intelligence: 5

Luck: 3

Weapon Skill: 3

Unarmed Skill: 2

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

schnookums

Hmm, this does seem quite interesting, although I don't know how many daughters the family would have ;)

As you can guess, my interest is piqued but only for a female role

LSWSjr

Quote from: schnookums on February 22, 2019, 11:25:25 PMHmm, this does seem quite interesting, although I don't know how many daughters the family would have ;)

As you can guess, my interest is piqued but only for a female role
Seventeen daughters, two mothers, no father and two sons...

Actually, what if they're a blended family with two mothers and their kids from previous marriages?

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Fierbali111

Going for balance here so a family of 6 with 2 daughters, 2 sons, and a father and mother are what I am aiming for. There is extended family if you would like to make a character however you would have to meet up with them in the story.

As a reminder please post all character stats in the character thread that is linked in the first post. Since I am controlling npcs and most of your encounters I cannot play as any of the main characters as that would be cheating in a way so a father position is needed.

Doomblade403xxx

Family Role: Brother
Name: Hunter Carson
Appearance:

Hunter is a good looking and somewhat innocent appearing young man. He never dresses too flashy, and thus he was often overlooked or ignored by most of his classmates. He tends to wear tennis shoes, jeans, and t-shirts. He often tucks his semi long hair under a plain black baseball cap.

Most would be surprised when he takes off his clothes. Years of martial arts training have made him very toned. 

Background information(include character kinks):

When he was a child he was often picked on and beaten up. In order to give him the self confidence and peace he needed, his father enrolled him in several martial arts classes. Over the years he has gained several belts in Taekwondo, Boxing, and Sambo. He was at best an average student when it came to academics and was always more focused on practical pursuits such as shop and auto shop.

He has only had to demonstrate his prowess a few times but oddly enough even that never got him the attention of girls. He is still a virgin at 17 with no prospect of that changing before the apocalypse. There was little question in his mind that he liked girls, but as a general rule they didn't seem to like him.

When the outbreak took place Hunter was in the garage beating on the heavy bag. The music was loud, sweat was rolling down his shirtless torso, and he almost didn't see Ms Phillips charging across the street with a feral look in her eye. He really tried to use soft hand techniques to subdue her, not having an inkling as to what was going on, but he eventually kicked her to the ground and stomped her to death, or maybe to un-death, either way she quit trying to bite him and he was able to get inside.

Stats:18 points, each category has a max of 6

Strength 4

stamina 3

intelligence 2

Luck 1

weapon skill 3

unarmed skill 5

Fierbali111

Once those who want to play post their characters in the character section (not here) we can decide on further aspects of the game.

Doomblade403xxx

Just looking for a clarification here. Does weapon skill apply to all weapons or just ones with bullets. In other words does it apply to a weapon one might have learned through practice in a martial art. Also has the power went out yet?

Fierbali111

Obviously this system isn't tested so itle take some adjusting to find the right balance. Right now weapons will add modifiers to your roll.(better weapons give you better bonuses) in addition some items will have better bonuses if you have the right level of unarmed skill, strength skill etc.

Additionally a weapons will have a 1 in 10 chance of breaking or being lost per zombie encounter, this also helps with the problem of having a hoard of weapons as you go though the story. Also the power has not gone out yet.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Fierbali111 on February 23, 2019, 11:04:41 PM
Obviously this system isn't tested so itle take some adjusting to find the right balance. Right now weapons will add modifiers to your roll.(better weapons give you better bonuses) in addition some items will have better bonuses if you have the right level of unarmed skill, strength skill etc.

Additionally a weapons will have a 1 in 10 chance of breaking or being lost per zombie encounter, this also helps with the problem of having a hoard of weapons as you go though the story. Also the power has not gone out yet.

Alright sounds good to me on all fronts. This means the fridges and freezers are still working for now and it leaves the family with some good options in eating. I like that you mentioned fortifying home and improvements. So yeah I've kinda shanghaied the position of youngest son. Looking forward to the game

Fierbali111

Thanks, also watch the first post of this page as i will be adding examples of how combat and some skills work. Other skills you won't know the full effects until the game starts. (Hint: They relate to sex)

Fierbali111

What does everyone think of the system so far? Too heavy, too light? Just right?

I will also make the zombies nonsexual as it seems that's more what people will expect.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Fierbali111 on February 24, 2019, 12:23:54 AM
What does everyone think of the system so far? To heavy, to light? Just right?

I will also make the zombies nonsexual as it seems that's more what people will expect.

I like the way things are going. It's a new system, very baseline but something to build on. It also seems like our characters might improve as they survive encounters and attempt to do things, which I also like. I am also onboard with the non sexualization of zombies as a whole because we are likely to eventually run into other survivors. Some of them are likely to be unpleasant which could mean any number of attempted genocide attempts or unwanted advances. Am looking forward to writing for this one quite a bit.