Batman for Marvel

Started by Batman4560, July 03, 2013, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 23, 2013, 10:14:23 PM
WOW WOW WOW. That's god modding? Well I did NOT realize that. Also it wasn't stripped. Just saying. But now I'm concerned. If I god modded, I had no intention of doing so. See now I feel like an asshole
Demi...that's what I'm considering here.  I'm thinking you're newer to rping that I thought you were, and aren't realizing what you're doing.
Don't feel like an asshole; just try to ask yourself if what you're doing is going to affect someone else's character on a very base level.
Honestly, it took me a good six months when I first started rping to really understand what god-modding was.  And it's something that's hard to explain, but easy to understand once you get it.
Casca's O/O's--A work in progress

Demigod1945

Quote from: Cascalence on July 23, 2013, 10:22:01 PM
Demi...that's what I'm considering here.  I'm thinking you're newer to rping that I thought you were, and aren't realizing what you're doing.
Don't feel like an asshole; just try to ask yourself if what you're doing is going to affect someone else's character on a very base level.
Honestly, it took me a good six months when I first started rping to really understand what god-modding was.  And it's something that's hard to explain, but easy to understand once you get it.
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, and you would be correct on that one, although I'm not new to writing, but I'm also not a expert. I'm kinda of used to my characters being mine I suppose lol. This is also another reason why I wish I could edit my posts. Stupid on hold thing. -_- Also to both you and Divine, I'm am terribly sorry for g-modding, or whatever it is.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 23, 2013, 10:26:59 PM
Ok, I'll keep that in mind, and you would be correct on that one, although I'm not new to writing, but I'm also not a expert. I'm kinda of used to my characters being mine I suppose lol. This is also another reason why I wish I could edit my posts. Stupid on hold thing. -_- Also to both you and Divine, I'm am terribly sorry for g-modding, or whatever it is.
Mmm, writing on your own versus writing with others...yeah, it's a major difference, a whole 'nother animal.  So, no worries, we'll work on helping you adjust.

That being said, I don't know if I'm going to wind up posting tonight.  I'm feeling kinda tired.  I haven't been taking my medicines properly lately, and am suffering the effects of it.  I'll post as soon as I can, though, for Karen and Pen both.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 11:36:56 AM
Real Name: Zaniel ( Wait, is this real name as in real life name? )

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Role at school: Visitor

Mutation (Powers):  Increased synapse and eletrical impulses giving a high reactionary speed. NOT super-speed.

Special Skill or training: Expert swordsman

Appearance (can be a picture or a description, whichever works for you): 

http://www.fond-ecran.com/ORIGINAUX/bd/bd_le_scorpion/bd_le_scorpion_003.jpg

Simple...how is that?
Uh, the name can be your real one or a fake, whichever is up to you. You may also want to put a personality and a background. But I think that looks good, and I'm think the rest of the group would agree.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
I'll add a personality In Character with my post. And, how should I enter?
Could you clarify what you mean by that?

EndofDivine

Real Name: Zaniel ( Wait, is this real name as in real life name? )

Nah, we're looking for your character's real name. First and last is enough.

Role at school: Visitor

How do you see a visitor becoming part of the school and maybe the X-Men? I'm just worried being a visitor won't translate well into the game...when everyone else is interacting in classes and in the dorms, you'll kinda be left on the outside looking in. You can probably talk with Batman about getting some sort of advisory role if you're not interested in being a teacher or student, maybe working with the students as they become the new X-Men.

Mutation (Powers):  Increased synapse and eletrical impulses giving a high reactionary speed. NOT super-speed.

Technically, Demi's character has this ability as well...so it's up to you if you'd rather have something unique or if you're ok having the same ability as someone else. I just don't want one of you to make the other feel less useful.

And like Demi said, a background would be nice. It doesn't have to be anything too complex, I think most of us only wrote a paragraph or two. We actually have a thread that lists all the character sheets buried in this forum somewhere titled "Great Civil Unrest Character Sheets" if you want to look over what everyone else has done.

This has nothing to do with your character but I'm just really curious...what do you mean when you say you were a RPG comic writer? Never heard of anything like that.

Cascalence

Morning you gais.  *peeks around*  Okay...Divine is handling things nicely, so...Imma just...go work on those posts.
...YES I KNOW IT'S NOT MORNING, BUT I JUST WOKE UP SO IT'S MORNING TO ME.  Shoosh.  XP
...Yeeeaaahhh....*off to posty*

EndofDivine

Just noticed that Cas' title is Seducer now...makes me wonder...

Quote from: Kepesk on July 22, 2013, 11:54:57 PM
lmao! Oh my glob. Laughing so hard at this. (Plus blushing.)
Yep! That's what she did! That devil woman seduced me! lol! xD

EndofDivine

The only problem with being a visitor is it doesn't give you a chance to interact with anyone other than maybe Batman's character...and maybe one of the teachers or students if they're the one giving the tour. I just feel like there wouldn't be a reason for your character to stick around after the tour is over...unless you had something else in mind?

Demigod1945

Quote from: EndofDivine on July 24, 2013, 12:39:46 PM

Technically, Demi's character has this ability as well...so it's up to you if you'd rather have something unique or if you're ok having the same ability as someone else. I just don't want one of you to make the other feel less useful.
Very true, but that's only kinda of a side-affect of Samuel's true power.
Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 12:56:05 PM

I don't mind about abilities, many characters have the same in fiction but I assure you that I will make it unique in the way I do it :p
Having similar abilities isn't uncommon, as he says. So I personally would have no problems with it, in fact it may cause a competition between his character and mine, to see who is faster.

[/quote]

Kepesk

Quote from: EndofDivine on July 23, 2013, 01:43:37 PM
But anyway, I'm sorry if I upset either one of you. I forget music is a lot like religion and politics sometimes...a lot of really strong opinions. You guys are smart enough to know what you like and I'm not trying to convert you or tell you you're wrong.

So umm...friends forever?
You all did not `play well with others' while I was away...!
And EoD, I am absolutely not upset. Even if you told me my music sucked and I was a 50yo man. ;p (And I prolly shouldn't tell you this...but I secretly like your teasing... Do Cas' & I flirting again! That was hysterical!)
Alright, so yes. Let's all play nice, and totes "friends forever".
One swallow does not a summer make
~ Aristotle
My ons and offs     My art gallery here on Elliquiy

Demigod1945

Cas, I love how Karen is thinking that Samuel isn't ready for teaching lol. Just awesome. Also again sorry for throwing Karen in my post needlessly.

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 01:18:56 PM
My character is not a super speeder, they just have reaction speeds. So I assume you would be faster.
Mentally yes, but the reaction time between them would probably be very similar.

Cascalence

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 24, 2013, 01:20:47 PM
Cas, I love how Karen is thinking that Samuel isn't ready for teaching lol. Just awesome. Also again sorry for throwing Karen in my post needlessly.
It's fine.  Just gave Karen a reason to address something she's felt is an issue, so...*shrug*  Is fine.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Cascalence on July 24, 2013, 01:23:35 PM
It's fine.  Just gave Karen a reason to address something she's felt is an issue, so...*shrug*  Is fine.
Well I'm glad it turned out that way, but still sorry anyway.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 01:24:36 PM
You know what, whatever I'm going to post as a visitor. Let's see how it goes. Anybody feel free to tag my guy after and interact, I assure you it shall not be boring! I'll try not to anyways >.>
:P
Ok, my character is roaming the hallways right now, so if you're on a tour or something, feel free to have your character run into mine if you want, he need something to do anyway lol.

EndofDivine

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 01:18:04 PM
I see, how would you advice me to do an initial post then? Like, walk in as a student or a parent ( of NPC character who may not exist) and look around or something. I'm just unsure how to initially interact in this place without coming in out of nowhere.

Coming in out of nowhere is fine and we could make the visitor thing work as long as there's a reason for you to continue being part of the story afterwards. Maybe you're skeptical of the schools motives and start digging deeper? Or maybe you just plain ol' don't like humans and you start trying to recruit some of the students you see into some kind of anti-human gang? Something like that that will keep you interacting with everyone.

I think we should probably have Pen show him around since she has her get out of class free card. Nothing makes a good first impression like an "artsy" girl covered in paint.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 01:34:36 PM
Posted, tell me if you don't understand my writing style...its catered towards an old forum I went too say may seem dated or too...strange.
All I have to say, is that I am so jealous of your vocabulary. Also I can read that just fine.

Demigod1945

And my characters name is Samuel Ervin

Demigod1945

Zaniel what is your char's last name? Or does he not have one?

EndofDivine

Quote from: Kepesk on July 24, 2013, 01:19:08 PM
You all did not `play well with others' while I was away...!
And EoD, I am absolutely not upset. Even if you told me my music sucked and I was a 50yo man. ;p (And I prolly shouldn't tell you this...but I secretly like your teasing... Do Cas' & I flirting again! That was hysterical!)
Alright, so yes. Let's all play nice, and totes "friends forever".

Hey there Kepesk. How was the concert? I have a feeling you probably spent most of it in a mosh pit...you know how out of hand those Bon Jovi concerts get. And uhh...you and Cas...like each other...a lot. Sorry, I don't work well under pressure.

Demigod1945

I wish batman was here, I really want to see his and Karen's conversation about Samuel not being ready to teach. Someone turn on the bat signal!

Demigod1945

I have a feeling that Zaniel and Samuel will somehow be friends of a sort lol.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Demigod1945 on July 24, 2013, 02:11:35 PM
Samuel became suspicious when Zaniel coyly avoided his question, but none the less, he could easily find out. Even now, his mind was scanning Zaniel's, not on purpose though, but he did find Zaniel's ability, interesting. Samuel couldn't seem to control this new found ability, which greatly troubled him. He returned his attention to Zaniel. "Trying to keep secrets are we? he said dryly "You'll find that in this school, it's very hard to keep secrets safe from prying eyes." Samuel's face lit up with a small grin, which disappeared as quickly. " This school's purpose is to give mutants a safe place to learn to control their abilities, and use them for the betterment of mankind. Now if you would follow me, Senor, I'll lead show you the way to Mr. Shaw's office." And with that he swiftly turned on his heels, and made his way for the dean's office.
Hate mistakes like that so much!!!

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 02:22:05 PM
You scanned his mind without approval, he hates that ;)

Also, in my RPG forum scanning somebodies mind without letting them decide the outcome is Godmodding. But maybe the rules are different here, can somebody run me through the Godmodding/Autohitting rules?

Nice post by the way :)
I could see that being g-modding, I hope not though. Besides Samuel can't control it anyway. And all he learned was his ability, nothing too big. That last thing I need is to god-mod by accident again -_-.

Demigod1945

Quote from: Zaniel on July 24, 2013, 02:27:37 PM
LOL It's fine. Seriously. My character has no defense against god modding but in the future, if somebody did it would be wise to sat.

"Samuel attempted to intrude into "Enter names" mind and find out what power they had"

and then let the other person decide the outcome.

:)
I shall definitely do so, thank you for the advice, senor ;) lol