The Siege of Carisbrooke Castle [Complete]

Started by Valerian, December 11, 2009, 01:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterborn

WInterborn, haggard and looking distinctly unwell, sat at the council only after being rousted from his chambers forcibly. His eyes were dark, his demeanor unresponsive, and he had not shaved for some time. When the time came, he waited quite a while before speaking up, his voice a hoarse, despondent murmur.

"I will cast my vote with the majority, as I am forced to cast it at all. Were it my choice, I would not support any of you without cause to trust."

Teno

"Well, everyone here killed off the one other person I felt I could trust, which means I would have to cast it to someone I would rather not. Therefore, I vote myself, Teno for regent and hope that Moirae would be worthy of your choice."

With that, he sat back down, eyes scanning each person to see whether there were anyone there he felt to be trustworthy.

Mithlomwen

Mithlomwen glanced around, in shock that the Lady Sky had turned out to be one of the rebels.  Still not knowing who the rebels might be, she decided to vote for the one person that she knew was not.  "I vote for the lady Caeli to be our newest regent." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Current Voting (Regent):

Moirae (6) - Ryven, Elandra, Caeli, Winterborn, Moirae, SleepyWei
Caeli (2) - Mith, Amberghylles
country (1) - Xandi
Mithlomwen (1) - sinera
Teno (1) - Teno
Xandi (1) - country
sinera (0)
Elandra (0)
Ryven (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Ket (0)
Kip (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Winterborn (0)

Yet to vote: Ket, Kip

There are 6 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, and 5 Councilors.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Amberghylles

"It's hard to know who to trust in these dark times," Amberghylles sighed, "But I have placed my fate with Caeli and Mithlomwen so far and I am unwilling to turn on them without proof.  So for good or ill I stand with Mithlomwen and cast my vote for Caeli as the new regent."

sinera

sinera sighs. The two in the lead have already expressed their disdain and/or hatred of her in the recent past. She fears her time as Her Majesty's loyal supporter is coming to a close.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Valerian

(We still need votes from the following:

Ket, Kip

Ket is mostly without net access at the moment, but if the rest of you, at least, could finish off the voting for regent, we can hopefully move on soon.)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Although hoping to wait for the others to speak first, Moirae finally broke her silence.  "In light of recent events, I'll take the shame and vote for myself."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

SleepyWei

Sleepywei grunted at the quick turn of events. It left a bittersweet taste in his mouth to know that the scoundrel did not become regent with his vote. But with her death, a new temporary ruler was needed and he loathed to actually vote for anyone again. He stood by his first proclamation and did not see anyone, not even himself, as a fit ruler.

But again, a vote was needed.

The lord absently waved his arms in a circular motion, to convey his willingness to get things over with. "Well it clearly doesn't matter who I'd vote for now due to such a majority but why not? I'll cast my vote to Moirae as well."

Valerian

Final Voting (Regent):

Moirae (6) - Ryven, Elandra, Caeli, Winterborn, Moirae, SleepyWei
Caeli (2) - Mith, Amberghylles
country (1) - Xandi
Mithlomwen (1) - sinera
Teno (1) - Teno
Xandi (1) - country
sinera (0)
Elandra (0)
Ryven (0)
Amberghylles (0)
Ket (0)
Kip (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Winterborn (0)

With a new Regent chosen, the business of the day must now continue.  Though shaken by the proof of LadySky's treachery, the loyal nobles gathered there still had a kingdom to govern, and a Queen to protect.  Thus far, they had not yet managed to execute a Rebel -- at least not through official means -- and this time, they would have to choose wisely.

• Aiden - Healer, lynched
  • Amberghylles
  • Caeli
  • country
  • Elandra
  • Haibane - Councilor, lynched
  • Imogen - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Ket
  • Kip
  • LadySky - Rebel, poisoned by Alchemist
  • Marguerite - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Mithlomwen
  • Moirae (Regent)
  • Remiel - Councilor, killed by rebels
  • Ryven
  • sinera
  • SleepyWei
  • Teno
  • Winterborn
  • Xandi

There are 6 Rebels, 1 Weaponsmaster, 1 Historian, 1 Alchemist, and 5 Councilors.

Lynch votes, if you please.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

The voting finished, Moirae lightly dabbed the corners of her mouth with her napkin before settling her gaze upon that of Lord Winterborn.  "I vote for you, Lord Winterborn.  To state what everyone else is already likely thinking, you, Lord Teno and Lord Country are both the next suspects, as well as Lady Sinera.  You each voted for Lady Sky, and while as did myself and Lady Haibane, our votes were not cast with treachery in mind.  Mine and Lady Haibane's votes were merely cherries on top.

"That also leaves you, Lady Xandi, is an unfortunate position.  Inflamed passions?  Possibly.  Two Rebels creating cover stories?  More likely.  So that lists five strong candidates and one still in hiding."  Her eyes briefly scanned over Lady Elandra.  "Of course, I could be shooting in the dark, but my gut feeling and mulled over suspicions tell me I'm not likely wrong.  After all, it were those same feelings that lead to Lady Sky's fortunate death.  Yes, I am the alchemist, and you all, you filthy Rebels, bloody well be happy I don't have more poison or I'd damn us all to hell before seeing our young Queen left to such soiled and treasonous hands."

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Ryven

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

Amberghylles (1) - Ryven
Elandra (1) - Xandi
*Moirae (1) - Teno
Winterborn (1) - Moirae
Caeli (0)
country (0)
Ket (0)
Kip (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
Ryven (0)
sinera (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Teno (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Amberghylles, Caeli, country, Elandra, Ket, Kip, Mithlomwen, sinera, SleepyWei, Winterborn

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Teno

"Wait, how did I get thrown in with the rebels? I've been nothing but loyal. Sure I voted for LadySky as Regent, but as you said, so did you. And I had no idea of her nature, else I would have voted elsewhere. Unlike you, who seems to think they have everything worked out, I don't know anyone here who I can trust. And not to mention this wouldn't be the first time the rebels had got their own into the role of regent. Save what I've already said, the only other thing I can be sure of at the moment is that Mith is top of my list of suspects. She started the vote against Haibane, and switched her vote under the guise of trust to the healer. But then, I come back to you, who seems to have pulled quite the list yet you claim to be the alchemist? Torn as I am, I can't help but think the vote has gone wrong yet again. That is why I choose to place my vote with you, Moirae."

Autumn52

How in the world does one go from inflamed  passions to rebel? I don't know, but as the alchemist we all owe you a Thank You for ridding us of one of the rebels, so I will not take offense at your accusations.

My vote for the next Lynching goes to Elandra
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

The corner of her mouth quirked at Teno's words.

"I never said I had it all figured out.  I believe I mentioned candidates and suspicions... and the lack of doubt in those feelings.  It is my pleasure to say that Lady Sky begged, in her final moments before the light left her eyes.  I don't enjoy witnessing death, but that of any Rebel's is an exception.  I have all manners of proving I am who I say, beginning with not having left Lady Sky's chambers until this morning, the empty vial in my pocket, and welcoming you to take a tour of my private chambers.  Perhaps, by some measure of luck, I can find the ingredients for a second potion while we're there and save the Councilors the trouble of an additional vote."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Current Voting (Lynch):

Winterborn (5) - Moirae, Elandra, sinera, Amberghylles, country
Caeli (2) - Ryven, Mithlomwen
Elandra (1) - Xandi
*Moirae (1) - Teno
Amberghylles (0)
country (0)
Ket (0)
Kip (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
Ryven (0)
sinera (0)
SleepyWei (0)
Teno (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Caeli, Ket, Kip, SleepyWei, Winterborn

(Roleplay or not, as you prefer; just get your votes in, please!   :-))
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Elandra

I must agree with the new Regent, Winterborn is a rebel.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,

sinera

Although it pains her to agree with those who would send her to the hangman simply because she is an outspoken feminist, sinera knows that Winterborn has been acting rather suspicious since the murders began.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Ryven

I change my vote to Caeli.  I now have quite a reasonable suspicion that she is deceiving all of us.

Mithlomwen

After some careful deliberations, I'm under the same suspicion as Ryven.  I will also change my vote to Caeli
Baby, it's all I know,

Amberghylles

I am uncertain but I would not waste my vote and I shall follow the lead of our new regent, as her judgment in choosing to poison her predecessor proved correct.  I vote for Winterborne as well.

country

Moraie.  You chose well when you selected LadySky and I too will follow your lead with Winterborn .

Winterborn

Standing from his chair at the council, Winterborn looked around at his peers with a calm, almost apathetic expression. Someone had run a razor over his face, and he seemed to have slept the night before, at least shortly. "Before the headsman earns his boots, let me recall this to ye all. I voted with the majority, as I was unsure of the ways of this court. You all know that I am but a lad compared to the rest of the council, but I have learned much during my short days here." Lifting his greatsword by the leather belt secured to the sheath, he set it on the table and pushed it away.

"I'll have done with this fightin' and backstabbin'. These politics are no place for me, and all I've done since rising to these lofty heights is make things worse. If ye want me gone, I'll go. Straight back to Aber, and ne'er return ta' court. If it's traitor ye call me, I'll walk myself down ta' the block and set my chin on top, without chains or a sword at my back. My service is to Her Majesty first, my people second, and m'self last. None of you has a hold on me of fealty or debt, nor does any man or woman I haven't mentioned." Again, he cast his eyes over them in a look that was far different from the wary enthusiasm of just a few days before.

"I am no rebel. I have no ambition but to serve mine estate and the people bound to me, and I to them. If it's my head the council wants, fine. There'll be one less man among you who gives a damn about Her Majesty's well-being." He sat again, looking drained. "Make your choice. Live or dead, you'll have done with me."