D&D 3.5: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil! (GM & Player's wanted!)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, March 25, 2010, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tagan

PhantomPistoleer

Oi!  Now I want to be a Binder.  ::is going back and forth between a binder and a wizard::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sleepingferret

Quote from: Tagan on April 12, 2010, 08:00:13 PM
Sounds good.  My expensive items are both non-magical.

If you would've had the gold for it, I would've had no problems with a magical adamantine greatsword, would've been an expensive weapon but would probably be something that your enemies wouldn't forget...if they lived to see the light of another day.

Mr Self Destruct

I'll jump in on this, if you'll have me.  I was thinking wizard, too, but if its taken, let me know.  I can always play something else.  And yes, I think I'll be playing a drow, too. :)  I've been on a dark elf kick, and with the added bonus of the game being run in the Forgotten Realms, well...I couldn't resist!

sleepingferret

A party of all wizards would make things a tad interesting, but I like players to play what they wish.  Although I do want interested people to understand, that while good role-playing is of course encouraged and will be rewarded, this is essentially is a long "dungeon" crawl.  Not necessarily quite the dungeon crawl scale of something say of the 2nd edition Ruins of Undermountain box set.  As there is much to discover, as well as fight...and you will see a fair amount of the "outside" world meaning you won't necessarily be confined into a dungeon for the entire adventure.

But keep the general scope of the adventure at hand in mind, as I want you to go ahead and think of things such as possible hirelings or mercenaries to round out your party if necessary.  As while I'm willing to toss in an NPC here or there, or for perhaps certain portions of the campaign...at times you may only have whatever resources your party at your personal disposal.

sleepingferret

And since someone mentioned drow....here's a link to my personal rules in regards to races, ECLs, and LAs.

Advanced Race Rules

For people playing core races, these rules do not affect you at all.  If you have any questions, please ask.

Creeper

Arctic Gnome (SRD) Incarnate (Magic of Incarnum)
All stats before modifiers

14 STR
16 DEX
17 CON
10 INT
9 WIS
8 CHA

edit: Accidentally had my STR score as my DEX. Swapped them.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Mr Self Destruct

Starting Ability Scores for a Drow Wizard.  If Pistoleer would like the role, I can do up a point buy for another character.

Strength 11
Dexterity 15
Constitution 15
Intelligence (+2) 18
Wisdom 9
Charisma (+2) 12

sleepingferret

Ok I need you all to pick four things (They're all separate and determine different things)

1.  Pick high or low
2.  Pick a 15% range (ex. 1-15, 21-36)
3.  Pick a 10% range
4.  Pick a 5% range

Creeper

Edit: Gonna withdraw from this one. Sorry all.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tagan

sleepingferret

Quote from: Dark Clown on April 12, 2010, 11:44:25 PM
Starting Ability Scores for a Drow Wizard.  If Pistoleer would like the role, I can do up a point buy for another character.

Strength 11
Dexterity 15
Constitution 15
Intelligence (+2) 18
Wisdom 9
Charisma (+2) 12

Might want to check the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting again if you have it.  Otherwise I'll get a copy of the drow pages from it up in a bit for you.  For now though, a few tidbits to note:

Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha
Darkvision 120' (no low light vision)
Weapon Proficiency (not listed in Campaign setting, listed in Monster Manual; modified by me): hand crossbow, short sword, long sowrd* 
Favored Class: Wiz (male), Clr (female)

*In all my years playing D&D I've yet to see a drow elf with a sissy rapier, drow with dual long swords, drow with more exotic pole arms, drow priestess' with their nasty snake whips....but a rapier never.  Not even Jarlaxle the crazy leader of Bregan Daerthe carries a rapier.

Chloe Milev

Well, it's been a while since I commented, but it seems this is actually rolling along now, so I'll just reiterate my interest.  If there's still room, I'll probably come in as a Human Cleric.  But I'll see if there's any race or template that catches my fancy.

I've always thought about a worshiper of Hextor (or Bane, I guess in Forgotten Realms...) who wasn't so much evil, per say, as much as "Evil" was her traditional and cultural religion.  You go to black mass each midnight sabbath, sacrifice a goat or sentient being, but the rest of the week, you go about your business and generally get along with people, because you have to get along in a society.  The "Lawful" part of the Evil would especially help in this.  I also just finished reading this archive showing how Evil creatures can generally be nice while still doing evil things when the situation arises.

And for the numbers:
1 High
2 5-20
3 91-100
4 50-55
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

sleepingferret

Bane eh? That troublesome bastard wise guy who decided it was a good idea to steal the tablets and sent the Realms into chaos.  Not evil you say?  *rolls eyes* From a global perspective on what is good and evil, I'd say he gets filed as a villain of villains.  But you are correct, there are degrees of "good" and "evil" and alignment isn't really a matter of oh I'm mister paladin, I'm mister holy roller of good.  If things were that simple, I think we even in the real world would of found Utopia by now.

sleepingferret

Numbers numbers everywhere..... and they are....... (all % rolls)

For PhantomPistoleer:
1. You said High... result = 81
2. You said 50-65... result = 11
3. You said 66-75... result = 37
4 . You said 76-80... result = 42

Result for Phantom: The gods are watching and have been watching your family, and you may be the one they've been waiting for.  But only time will tell.  No change.

For Tagan:
1. Low... result = 46
2.  16-30...result = 16
3. 50-60...result = 79
4. 0-5...result = 43

Result for Tagan: Ancestral bloodline/historical ties
Tagan assign the following to a 10% range:
1. Celestial
2. Demonic
3. Fiendish
4. Fey
5. Noble
6. The Harpers
7. Draconic
8. Other (Orcish, Elvish, Dwarven, etc)
9. The Travelers
10. Well known (family is well known for being warriors, magic users, etc)

For Chloe:
1. High... result = 14
2. 5-20...result = 1
3. 91-100...result = 29
4. 50-55...result = 6

Result for Chloe: Normal, no change

Tagan

Did you want me to pick from those ten or roll?  If I had my pick, it would be 7.  I do have a bit in my story line about a Famous Sorceress Grandmother...

PhantomPistoleer

Maybe the Gods thought it was a joke when my good-to-do youngster got involved with pact magic. :o
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mr Self Destruct

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 13, 2010, 02:40:19 PM
Might want to check the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting again if you have it.  Otherwise I'll get a copy of the drow pages from it up in a bit for you.  For now though, a few tidbits to note:

Ability Adjustments: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha
Darkvision 120' (no low light vision)
Weapon Proficiency (not listed in Campaign setting, listed in Monster Manual; modified by me): hand crossbow, short sword, long sowrd* 
Favored Class: Wiz (male), Clr (female)

*In all my years playing D&D I've yet to see a drow elf with a sissy rapier, drow with dual long swords, drow with more exotic pole arms, drow priestess' with their nasty snake whips....but a rapier never.  Not even Jarlaxle the crazy leader of Bregan Daerthe carries a rapier.

Ah, thank you.  I was using the stats from the Monster Manual 3.5, but now that these are posted, I'll use them instead. :)  And I'm thinking I'll be changing class since Pistoleer is going to stick with his wizardly robes.

PhantomPistoleer

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=200061

I admit that he isn't that beefy to begin with, but he does have a ton of tricks up his sleeve!  Except it's ONE BIG EFFING trick per 24 hours.  I think he's kind of fun anyway because, essentially, I can always play the character I want to play with him.

My only concern is that we're going to need a dedicated trap finder in the group.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mr Self Destruct

Okay...scratch that, I will play a wizard. lol

Alright, here's my reworked point buy:

Strength 11
Dexterity (+2) 17
Constitution (-2) 15
Intelligence (+2) 14
Wisdom 10
Charisma (+2) 12

And my numbers, as per request:

1.  Low
2.  40-55
3.  20-30
4.  5-10

Chloe Milev

So looking ahead ('cause I have to do that), I was thinking after 4 levels of cleric of becoming an Ordained Champion (of Bane/a Lawful Evil god [Complete Champion]), then either a level of Battlesmith [Races of Stone] to add Wisdom to damage, and free Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, and a level of Pious Templar [Complete Divine] for mettle, then (maybe) some evil version of a Sacred Exorcist [Complete Divine] the rest of the way (if that were possible).

The Ordained Champion already loses two spell levels, and Battlesmith and Pious Templar would take two more in return for damage and mettle.  I wonder if I should just preserve as much spellcasting as I can after Ordained Champion...  Who knows when if we'll even get that far, though, so maybe we'll just burn that bridge when we get to it.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

sleepingferret

Quote from: Tagan on April 13, 2010, 06:30:17 PM
Did you want me to pick from those ten or roll?  If I had my pick, it would be 7.  I do have a bit in my story line about a Famous Sorceress Grandmother...

Hmmm....in that case, fair enough.  I'll be getting back to you with more details.

For Dark Clown:

1. Low... result = 22
2. 44-55...result = 46
3. 20-30...result = 47
4. 5-10...result = 9

Well young drow, it seems Lady Lloth likes you even though you are male.  You are gifted with an additional 5 attribute points.

For Chloe (or anyone wanting to plan ahead):

The ToEE module as is, is designed for a party of four 4th level characters and designed to conclude at around 14th level.  I'm looking for anywhere for 4-6 (max of 8 players) and will scale the adventure accordingly.  And given the fact that things were written in 3.0, some adjustments will be made, as well as adjustments for player skill, etc etc.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Fletcher is drawn to the area by the whispers of bound demons.  At night, he dreams of secret cadres and sinister plots that must be stopped.  He has been in the vicinity of the area for roughly five days, having arrived by way of the Sword Coast.  However, he has spent three of those days being interrogated by the town guard (Fletcher was bound to an ancient Storm God-- he wasn't composed).

I'm not sure what sorts of relationships he as already forged, since I'm not really sure how all of the adventurers arrived.  I take it Tagan's and Clown's characters are travelers, but Chloe's is a native of the region?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O