What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 02, 2011, 05:50:27 PM
Ahh.

Anyway, yes, that's my thing. And trust me, it is annoying. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to things like that, and when the game doesn't even let me save my preferred settings, making me redo them every time, it can be a time-consuming thing.
I don't know if it saves it in advanced settings but when I updated my Civ 5 game it now keeps my basic game settings from the last game started. So I can retry a couple of times conveniently.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on February 02, 2011, 05:52:26 PM
I don't know if it saves it in advanced settings but when I updated my Civ 5 game it now keeps my basic game settings from the last game started. So I can retry a couple of times conveniently.

It doesn't save advanced settings. It sucks. I like playing on big maps, but with a somewhat smaller number of players and city states.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on February 02, 2011, 05:59:30 PM
It doesn't save advanced settings. It sucks. I like playing on big maps, but with a somewhat smaller number of players and city states.
Me too. I usually go one level down. If huge is ten people and twenty-four city-states I go eight and twenty-two as an example.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Quote from: subrob99 on February 02, 2011, 04:56:24 PM
Because of the bad weather I have been working from home so been brushing up on my Solitare skills

Congratulations, you have won the topic. It shall now be locked :)

Sabby

Hurr hurr hurr! You all thought I was serious xD back to business now. About to try the Bulletstorm demo.

Yorubi

Champion Online! Working on my character Hana a Grimiore! ^^ Not playing like super ammounts though still wishing I had money to pay monthly. ^^;;

Inkidu

Gosh, I sure do feel dumb now. Playing some good old fashioned Dragon Age.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on February 04, 2011, 12:01:08 AM
Hurr hurr hurr! You all thought I was serious xD back to business now. About to try the Bulletstorm demo.

Did ya boot your boot up their poop chute? :D

Sabby

Pfft. That's old hat. I wrapped a chain 'nade around someone, suspended him and 3 others in a time warp in the air, detonated and took them all out.

And right at the end of the demo, where the four melee enemies run out of the last door? Chain Reaction x4. Mah roffelchayns go Slicesliceslicesclice!

Wolfy

Yeah...that's cool an all....except for the fact that I whipped someone towards me, kicked him back, attacked a rocket to his crotch, and sent him into three of his buddies.

:P Then I did it again, only to his ass. xD "Rear entry" indeed.

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on February 05, 2011, 08:27:56 AM
:P Then I did it again, only to his ass. xD "Rear entry" indeed.

Quoted out of context for hilarity.

Wolfy

Hemingway

Just got King Arthur, because they were practically giving it away on Steam.

I also started a new character in Mass Effect ( Spacer / War Hero / Soldier ), on which I intend to romance Liara, as my "main" character in ME2 ditched Liara in favor of Tali ( that is to say I started a new character in ME1, played through it without going through any of the romance subplots, so that I wouldn't cause drama! ). I'm actually finding the game pretty enjoyable, and intend to take my time. I intend to play through ME3 using my "main" character ( Colonist / Sole Survivor / Soldier ) first, so no rush.

With DA2 just around the corner, though, I've been meaning to make a new character and play through DA:O. I've never even played through it on the PC, only xbox, and I intend to get DA2 for the PC. Gotta have something to import, y'know?

Edit: ... aaaaand as I'm making my character in DA:O, I recognize one of the voices as belonging to Mark Meer. Ahhhh.

Edit2: King Arthur is pretty neat. The strategic bits may be a bit watered down compared to Total War, but the gameplay isn't bad by any means, the RPG elements are interesting, and the story/setting is awesome.

Edit3: Well, my two complaints about King Arthur. Firstly, the story unfolds in a ... weird way. It just jumps ahead to a new chapter without really giving me any clue why ...

And the AI is a cheating fucktard. It's so aggravating.

Wolfy

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.263481-Fox-News-Says-Bulletstorm-Could-Make-You-a-Rapist

I...I just... I don't.....There are no f*cking words for this..idiocy.

Then again, it's Fox News, so Idiots are par for the course. :/

Oniya

QuoteIn other news, Bill O'Reilly still isn't sure where the moon came from.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

:D It's true..he still doesn't know. :/

"Tide goes in, Tide comes out, I can't explain it, and neither can you."

Indeed, Mr. Reilly..indeed.

Inkidu

I'm playing the effing waiting game. Dragon Age 2 and/or L.A. Noir and/or Deus Ex: Human Revolution and/or Mortal Kombat and/or Fight Night Champion can't get here fast enough.

Hemingway

I hear you. Well, except the last two .. I've been meaning to compile a list, but ...

Edit: Also, it'd be pretty pointless. I was just about to make my list of games with release dates, only to find the release list I usually look at has changed. Since yesterday. So ...

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 09, 2011, 04:22:37 PM
I'm playing the effing waiting game. Dragon Age 2 and/or L.A. Noir and/or Deus Ex: Human Revolution and/or Mortal Kombat and/or Fight Night Champion can't get here fast enough.

What, no marvel vs capcom? D:

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on February 09, 2011, 05:28:56 PM
What, no marvel vs capcom? D:
Nah, I've never liked Street Fighter. Plus those games are not known for great features, story modes, or whatever else. Mortal Kombat's going to at least have X-ray-slow-mo-bone-shattering goodness. If the game was Marvel Vs. Marvel I'd hit it up most likely.

Plus that comes out what? Next week?

dready

Fallout: New Vegas and Black Ops again.

I plan on finding as many of the cohorts I can by friday night, and shooting ceasar in the kneecaps.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 09, 2011, 05:40:43 PM
Nah, I've never liked Street Fighter. Plus those games are not known for great features, story modes, or whatever else. Mortal Kombat's going to at least have X-ray-slow-mo-bone-shattering goodness. If the game was Marvel Vs. Marvel I'd hit it up most likely.

Plus that comes out what? Next week?

Yep.

Inkidu

Quote from: dready on February 09, 2011, 05:45:29 PM
Fallout: New Vegas and Black Ops again.

I plan on finding as many of the cohorts I can by friday night, and shooting ceasar in the kneecaps.
If you use the anti-material rifle you can do it from yards away! :) (Actually you can't he stays in a tent. :[) Still a rifle that shoots fifty cal rounds in three flavors never lets you down.

Bentley

I'm mostly just waiting too. For DA2, Homefront, and possibly Pokemon.

In the meantime, I'm replaying Alan Wake for the third time.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on February 09, 2011, 05:53:21 PM
If you use the anti-material rifle you can do it from yards away! :) (Actually you can't he stays in a tent. :[) Still a rifle that shoots fifty cal rounds in three flavors never lets you down.

It does when you use console commands to spawn both it and 9999 rounds of incendary ammo. :/

I can get off a few good shots, and play for about 30 minutes before the game crashes. xD