Kid Messed Up My Computer!!

Started by PennySludt, August 08, 2017, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

One of the kids was playing a game on my laptop and got mad and pounded on my keyboard. Now it seems to be messed up. The keys are fine, but they do weird things.

When I hit the Volume on/off button, a Google Help tab pops up.

When I hit Volume less, nothing happens.

When I hit Volume more, a search box appears.

The screen brightness buttons don't work either.

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

PennySludt

Wow. Okay, never mind. Tori fixed it for me. Apparently the function key was locked on :p Now I feel stupid.
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Oniya

To be fair, function-lock is probably the last thing I'd think of checking, and I worked in IT for over 10 years.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

PennySludt

Lol! Okay. I don't feel so stupid now. Thanks for sharing that!