Recruitment Closed: Shadowrun 4e: Heavy Metal King

Started by NotoriusBEN, May 09, 2010, 01:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriusBEN

Recruitment is Closed, but if you express interest, I'll set you on the second string bench so you'll have first crack at recruitment if the opportunity pops up.

OK, a few of us around here have been let down that a few Shadowrun games have fallen through before the game has gotten off the ground but I am hoping to rectify this. I have been jones'ing so hardcore for a game that I'm going to step up and GM one to get that monkey off my back.

So what is Shadowrun?

The shotgun answer is Cyberpunk meets Orks, Elves, and Dragons on Earth. The Game sets place roughly 60 to 70 years into our future where Magic returned to Earth in December 2012 and it mashes up with the prevalent super science of the period in the form of cybernetics, bionics, ubiquitous Internet/Matrix, and MegaCorporations.

In essence, Johnny Mnemonic meets Lord of the Rings. :P

The Player Characters are more or less part of the unrepresented masses that decided to become professional criminals. Deniable assets that can get places and do things without implicating their employer. They mainly chose this life because they are survivors, committing crimes to get by growing up or to feed the family because no other source of income is available. Some chose it because of the freedom of the shadowlife and controlling their own destinies compared to being a wage slave and kissing corporate ass day in and out. Still others are thrill seekers or altruistic Robin Hoods that try to right social injustices.

For  my purposes however, we are running Food Fight 4.0 because

1:  My Real Life Job has me coming and going all over the USA and into places that are pretty spotty with internet coverage on occasion.

2:  I would like to see if we have enough interest in 4E and the Intro campaign is a good sounding board.

If you've seen or heard about Shadowrun but were curious or afraid to ask, This Quick-Start PDF will introduce you to the Shadowrun World and even provides four archetypes that exemplify the game.

If your a veteran of 4E and feel like creating a character or using a pregenerated character from the Core Book to satisfy that urge, go ahead and do so! Just remember, that this is a one-shot at the moment and your at the local Stuffer Shack, NOT FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE IN THE RENRAKU ARCOLOGY.

I plan on starting as soon as I get 4 or 5 players, so here's to a good game!

Shoot, depending on interest and how it goes, we may continue with other adventures or even Denver! But that is ambition for further down the line.

EDIT: This Character Generator can help do most of the number crunching for those that want to make their own characters.

Here's the link to the Recruitment Thread. Drop a character here so that you can be placed on reserve/cameo list. (Psst.) your already in the thread
Here's the In Character Thread. where all the action and fun stuff happens.
Here's the Link to the OOC Thread. where you the viewer can talk with me and the players.
Here's the Character Sheet Thread. for easily accessed character stats.

ReijiTabibito

I have no idea what Food Fight is, but seeing as how I've got a Hacker/Security Systems expert character in the works (need to finish buying equipment and such), and Mel's campaign has fallen through...

I'm in.

Kunoichi

Same here. ^^

I'll probably wind up just re-using Timbre.  I've got another character concept I might want to try, but seeing as that one involves playing a cyborg, it would involve more than a few houserules just to make it work the way I'm picturing it. ^^;

Hikari

I'm interested, although the same obligations (see also: I'm in Korea) that would make it difficult for me to run a game right now might crop up from time to time.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over
You're no longer laughing
I'm not drowning fast enough

-The Strokes, Reptilia

AllieCat

Admiral J

I'm in for a one shot and possibly for more.

I'd prefer to play a troll mage.

NotoriusBEN

Righteous!

Looks like we have the interest! Now we just need the characters.

Reiji and Kuno are using characters that they developed from another thread, so as soon as the other interested players submit their characters, we can get started.

Oh! I almost forgot, this Character Generator can help do a bunch of the number crunching for those that wish to make their own characters. It's a little difficult to use, but it's the best option out at the moment.

Paladin

Well I've got a character thats from an old game that Spider was running till it just stopped. Can I use him?

NotoriusBEN

Go ahead and copy/paste your characters if you already had one made. I did some digging Paladin and I found your guy and I didnt see anything glaring at the moment.

@Reiji: What else did you have to do with your character? I remember you were having issues with your comlink purchases right?

Paladin

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on May 09, 2010, 03:40:18 PM
Go ahead and copy/paste your characters if you already had one made. I did some digging Paladin and I found your guy and I didnt see anything glaring at the moment.

Where do you want it pasted? and whats food fight 4.0?

NotoriusBEN

Just paste it right here in this thread.

Food Fight 4.0 is an introductory adventure to shadowrun 4E. If we played this around the table, we'd probably be done in two hours. It's quick, dirty, and a good stepping point for anyone to just hop in and "See what Shadowrun is all about" without having to purchase the Core Book. I provided the Quick Start PDF that is a part of the kit for new players to look at and have a character ready to go. I'll agree that it is pretty rules-lite compared to the Core Book, but Im just satisfying an urge with this run and I wanted to give accessiblity to as many people on this forum as possible.

After this adventure, I'll look into others depending on how this one goes.

Kunoichi

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on May 09, 2010, 03:40:18 PM
Go ahead and copy/paste your characters if you already had one made.

Alright. ^^ Here's Timbre, then:

Quote*Karma: 3/3

*Notoriety:

*Street Cred:

*Spirits Bound: 0

*Name: Amber Goodwin
*Street Name: 'Timbre'
*Metatype: Elf

*Condition Monitor
-P [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] ~ [ ][ ]
-S [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

*Body: 2
*Agility: 2
*Reaction: 3
*Strength: 2
*Charisma: 7
*Intuition: 3
*Logic: 2
*Willpower: 5

*Essence: 6
*Magic: 5
*Initiative: 6
*Init. Passes: 1(1)
*Astral Initiative: 6
*Astral Initiative Passes: 3
*Edge: 4/4

*Qualities:
Day Job I
Dependents (Band) II
Fame I
Geas (Must sing and/or play guitar)
Inspired
Magician (Unorthodox Christian Theurgist)
Pacifist I
SINner

*Active Skills:
[Intu] Artisan 4(6)
[Intu] Assensing 3
[Mag] Counterspelling 3
[Agi] Infiltration 2
[Mag] Spellcasting 4 (+2 Illusion)
[Mag] Summoning 3
~[Cha]Influence 4~
-Con
-Etiquette
-Leadership
-Negotiation

*Knowledge Skills: (15 Free SP)
~Street Knowledge[Intu]~
-Seattle Area Knowledge 4
~Academic Knowledge[Log]~
-Magical Theory 1
~Professional Knowledge[Log]~
-Seattle Area Music Venues 5
~Interests[Intu]~
-Rock Music 5

*Language Skills:
English N

*Spells:
~Combat Spells~
-Stunbolt [Type: M | Range: LOS | Damage: S | Duration: I | Drain: (F/2)-1]
~Detection Spells~
~Health Spells~
-Improved Reflexes [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)+2]
~Illusion Spells~
-Improved Invisibility [Type: P | Range: LOS | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2) + 1]
-Orgasm [Type: M | Range: LOS | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)-2]
-Trid Entertainment [Type: P | Range: LOS (A) | Duration: S | Drain: (F/2)]
~Manipulation Spells~
-Fashion [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: P | Drain: (F/2)]
-Makeover [Type: P | Range: T | Duration: P | Drain: (F/2)]

*Contacts:
~Urban Ritual (Awakened Band, Group Contact)~
-Connection 1
  -Membership: +1 (Four other members and one Fixer, a few roadies)
  -Area of Influence: +1 (Seattle Sprawl)
  -Magical Resources: +4 (Most members are Awakened)
-Loyalty 4

*Gear: 1130 ny
1,050 ny Guitar
Form-Fitting Body Armor (Half-Body Suit) [4/1]

Rating 4 Emotitoy (Angel-kun, Band Mascot)

Sony Emperor (R:2 S:3)
-Mangadyne Deva (F:2 S:3)

Rating 4 Fake SIN (Amber Genera, aspiring musician)
Rating 4 Fake SIN (Integra Marcella, aka Timbre)

Rating 2 Glasses
-Flare Compensation
-Image Link

Flashlight

Force 2 Sustaining Focus (Cross Pendant)
-Rating 4 Fake License (Registered to Amber Genera)
-Rating 4 Fake License (Registered to Integra Marcella)

Dodge Scoot

Advanced Lifestyle 1 Month
-Comforts: Low
-Entertainment: Low
-Necessities: Low
-Neighborhood: Low
-Security: Low
-Positive Qualities:
  -Easy-going Landlord
  -Perfect Roommate
  -Workplace
-Negative Qualities:

ReijiTabibito

@BEN:  I've got it almost all worked out.  It was really just a matter of organizing everything correctly and such.  But I should be alright now...I've just got to get around to actually *doing* it.

Paladin

Character Name:    Leshiel Akari
Profession:    Undercover Tir Tangir Ghost Ops
Sex:    Male

Build Points Max: 400
Build Points Used: 400

Nuyen:
Build points spent on Nuyen(47)
Nuyen: 235,000

Race:
Race:Elf
Build points spent on Race (30)
Race Notes:
Elf: Natural Low Light Vision

Contacts:
Build Points spent on Contacts (0) From Quality (Made Man)
Contact # 0   Triad Loyalty: 4      Connection Rtg: 8
Contact # 1   Enter Contact Name here   Loyalty: 0      Connection Rtg: 0
Contact # 2   Enter Contact Name here   Loyalty: 0      Connection Rtg: 0
Contact # 3   Enter Contact Name here   Loyalty: 0      Connection Rtg: 0
Contact # 4   Enter Contact Name here   Loyalty: 0      Connection Rtg: 0

Attributes: 
Build points spent on Attributes (255)
Attributes: (min/current/max)
Agility   2 / 6 (8) / 7 (8 Because of Muscle Toner 2)
Body   1 / 3 / 6
Reaction   1 / 4 (5) / 6 (5 Because of Synaptic Booster 1)
Strength   1 / 3 / 6
Charisma   3 / 4 / 8
Intuition   1 / 3 / 6
Logic   1 / 3 / 6
Willpower   1 / 3 / 6
Essence   1 / 5.1 / 6
Magic   1 / 5 / 6
Resonance   0 / 0 / 6
Edge   1 / 2 / 6

Derived Attributes:
Initiative     7 (8) Passes: 2
Memory     6
Composure     7
Judge Intentions     7
Lift/Carry     6

Walking Rate (m/turn):   10
Running Rate (m/turn):   25
Swim Rate (m/turn):      6
Lift w/out test (kg/lbs):   30/66
Overhead Lift w/out test (kg/lbs):   15/33

Condition Monitors:
Physical Track:   11
Stun Track:   11

Active SKILLS:
Build points spent on Active Skills:(98)
Automatics (Agi)      RANK 4 (5) [6]    Specialization:  Machine Pistols
Unarmed Combat (Agi)      RANK 3   Specialization:  Martial Arts
Dodge (Rea)      RANK 3
Perception (Int)      RANK 3
Shadowing (Int)      RANK 3
Infiltration (Agi)      RANK 4   Specialization:  Urban
Pilot: Groundcraft (Rea)      RANK 1   Specialization:  Bike
Group: Athletics (Str)   RANK 1 4 in group Climbing, Gymnastics, Running, Swimming
none      RANK 0

Knowledge SKILLS:
Build points spent on Knowledge Skills:(2)
interests   Beverages   Wine   RANK:2   Specialization: by Culture
professional   Security   Procedures   RANK:3
academic   Military Theory & Tactics   by Branch (air land etc)   RANK:3
interests   Music   Classic   RANK:3
academic   Biology   Para-zoology   RANK:2
academic   Physical sciences   Chemistry   RANK:2
language   English   Speak/Read/Write   RANK:1
language   Japanese   Speak/Read/Write   RANK:1

Native Language:  (free)
Sperethiel   Specialization: Speak Ancient

Qualities:
Build Points spent on  Qualities (-25)
Considered Hacker in Regard to some Qualities? NO

Positive Qualities:
Adept Special Quality (5 points)
Ambidextrous (5)   Rank 1
Made Man (10)

Negative Qualities:
Addiction - Moderate (10)   Rank 1
Flashbacks (5)   Rank 1
Spirit Bane (10)   Rank 1
Scorched -Non Hackers (5)   Rank 1
Lost loved one(5)   Rank 1

Miscellaneous:

Spells:
Build Points spent on Spells (0)
Number of Spells Purchased: 0

Spirits:
Build Points spent on Spirits (0)
Number of Spirits Purchased: 0
Number of Services per spirit: 0

Foci:
Build Points spent on Foci (0)
Number of Foci Points  0

Adept Powers:
Number of Adept Power Points  4

Improved Ability (Pistols) 1 (.5)
Killing Hands (.5)
Improved Sense (Sound Dampening, Flash Suppression) 2 (.50)
Cloak 2 (.50)
Traceless Walk (1)
Critical Strike 4 (1)

Sprites:
Build Points spent on Sprites (0)
Number of Sprites Purchased: 0
Number of Tasks per sprite: 0

Equipment:

Colt Government 2066   Damage: 5P      Recoil: 1   Mode: SA   
Base Cost: 500 6R
Firing Selection Change (BF) 2,500 12F   1 Slot
Gas Vent 3 400 6R
5 Spare Full Clips: 125
Cost: 3,400 6R

Form Fitting Body Armor (Full Suit) Avail: 8 Cost 1,600 Armor 6/2
Chameleon Suit Avail: 10R Cost: 8,000 (Built in Holsters)
Synergist Business line Longcoat: 4/2 Avail: 8 Cost: 1,300
Colt M22A3 Avail: 9R   Cost: 1,600 5 Spare Full Clips: 125

Fake License Rating 4: 12F   400
Fake License Rating 4: 12F   400
Fake SIN Rating 4: 12F   4,000
Thundercloud Contrail 5,000
Chameleon Coating 12R    6,000
Roadstrip ejector 12F 800
3 Spike strips    600
1 Zap Strip 2,500
Oil Slick Sprayer 8F   500
Smoke Projector 6R   700
Morphing License Plate 8F   1,000
Spoof Chip 8F 500
Runflats X2 500
Motorcycle Gyro stabilization system 1,800
Antitheft system 12,00
Micro-Transceiver (6) 12 (1,200
Docwagon Contract (Platinum) 50,000
Middle Lifestyle (Paid 4 Months): 20,000
Combat Glasses: 25   avail: -
Image Link: +25      -
Vision Enhancement 3: +300   +4
Vision Magnification: +100   +2
SmartLink   +500      +4R
Total Cost: 950$   Total Avail: 10R
2 pairs.
Grapple Gun 500
Stealth Rope 85
Microwire 50
Rappelling Gloves 70
2 External Smartgun Systems 800
2 Sound suppressors 600
Synaptic Booster (1) 80,000
Muscle Toner (2) 16,000
30 Doses Betel 30
10 clips Ex-Explosive rounds 1,000
10 Flash bang Grenades 300
3 Flas paks 600

200 left out of 223,000 (44 points)

Raised in the Tir Tangier by loving parents Akari wanted nothing more than to be the best. He studied hard and trained all his life finally entering the Military at 16. He strived for excellence and quickly attracted the attention of the Tir special forces. It was only a short time till he tried to move on and his request to join was quickly accepted. He was inducted into the riggers and hard training of the Ghosts. He went beyond his commanders expectations and was scheduled to be given his own team after only a couple of years.
That all changed when a container of a new experimental version of Lae’s broke in his hand during a lab accident turning this once great soldier into a mockery of what he used to be. Still he was useful and so he was given solo mission as a scout. He was destined to roam far afield to take out solo targets or to infiltrate organization and gather information so that the rest of his team could later on make a hit. He was extremely good at this and it was found that slowly his skills were coming back. Eventually he will be back to what he once was but until then he stayed a solo operative.
Now his latest mission has him working deep undercover within the Triad as he searches for a Tir defector from the old house guard who is believed to be selling advanced Tir weaponry to rebel forces. It has been a year since he went in and so far only a few leads have popped up. Things are moving slowly. What little information he has found has been sent off to his superiors and he is slowly collecting more.
His position within the triad brings him in constant contact with the dancing girls. He’s guarded them on more than one occasion. Most of them tend to take a liking to him because he doesn’t treat them like objects but like people and even though he could have his way with them he’s never tried anything with any of them. In fact he’s rather woman shy when off work which mystifies some of the dancers cause they would love to get a piece of him. He’s always polite even when he’s had to give them an order and he only does so when their lives are in danger. When on a run he’s always no nonsense and saves the jokes for after the run is over and everyone’s okay.

CmdrRenegade

I've been interested in Shadowrun for awhile.  If you have space, I'll throw my hat in.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Admiral J

Hey, I apologize -- I'm really interested in running with you guys, but I've just discovered that my SR4 book is missing, which puts a kibosh on my plans.  I'll keep an eye out for it and if it turns up in the next few days I'll toss my character your way.  Don't wait on me.

NotoriusBEN

Sorry to hear that Admiral, hope you find your book.

So from the looks of it, Kuno and Paladin have their characters posted and Reiji just needs to put his nose to the grinding wheel and get his posted to make 3 characters so far.

I'll check the thread again tomorrow and see if we have a few more characters posted.

If we have the characters posted, I'll put up a new thread for everyone to start playing in tomorrow. I *might* be tempted to play with 6 characters, but that's pushing my limits as a GM and the dynamics of a forums game. I dunno. Let's see who posts what tomorrow.

As far as the location... Seattle. Yes, yes, it's been played in alot but I live there so its what Im familiar/biased towards.

Kunoichi

Alright, switched it to Seattle. ^^

Here's hoping we're ready to go tomorrow...

ReijiTabibito

BEN, question.  Does it cost anything additional to support a second person on Low lifestyle if they're of the Negative Quality Dependent?  This'll probably affect things.

NotoriusBEN

Hmm, Im going to say that it costs 10% more of your lifestyle cost for a 10BP dependant (ie. child, friend w/benefits). Same as if you went in with another runner. For the most part, that 10% will cover the majority of your dependant's costs such as food or allowance or a small medical expense.

Hikari

I'm going to try and throw together a hacker, but I've never played 4th Edition so it could take me a bit.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  So say I wanted to buy 6 months worth of Low Lifestyle, which costs 12,000 cred.  To add a single 10 BP dependent to that, it would cost an additional 1,200 cred?

Also, random money question.  Each lifestyle has a Starting money value.  2 questions.

1 - that doesn't stack, right?  It doesn't matter if you buy 1 month or 6 months of a lifestyle, it's always the same?

2 - if you have any money left over - hopefully not - do you add that in?

@Hikari:  We've already got 1 Hacker.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  We could probably use a rigger, though.  Somebody with good driving skills could come in handy. ^^

NotoriusBEN

nope, the lifestyle costs dont stack, a Low Lifestyle is $2000 / month (not $2500 from adding squatter costs on top of it) so that dependant only adds $200 a month.

as far as left over money, check Finishing Touches on p. 88 and 89 in SR4A. For every $100 that you have left over you can add 1 to your "Starting Nuyen Roll" up to half the maximum dice result. So for a Low Lifestyle (3d6 x $50), the most you can add to your roll is 9 (3d6 is potentially 18. divide by 2 equals 9). so for $900 or more left over, you would get $450 to add to your starting nuyen. Anything else is lost.

Hikari

I could probably come up with a street samurai, but I don't think I could create a rigger I'd be in any way interested in playing.  I've always found it to be a terribly limited, limiting, and to be frank, just plain crummy role.  I'm still somewhat disappointed it didn't get mustered out completely in the 3rd to 4th conversion.
The wait is over,
I'm now taking over

-The Strokes, Reptilia