Looking for an alien/sci-fi game (looking for female)

Started by mannik, June 18, 2011, 07:26:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

Recently I've had X-com on the brain, and decided I might as well see if anyone else would be interested in RPing something similar with me.

For those who've never played X-com, basically its a turn based strategy game where you must protect the earth from alien invaders by tracking ufos shooting them down, and then sending a team of soldiers to kill any survivors and collect their technology for research.

The RP would center around two X-com recruits who wind up hitting it off with eachother...so on and so forth. Eventually one of the two can be captured by the aliens (for a little extra terrestrial fun.) and their lover is hell bent on getting them back. Pretty basic plot bunny, but I'm open to suggestions and ideas to build upon it.

You don't neccessarily have to know anything about the X-com games or setting, Its pretty self explanatory, and if you prefer we can change things up a bit...like instead of have it set on earth, have it set on a recently colonized planet or something.

While I am generally looking for a female character, I don't really care about the gender of the writer, so long as they can be convincing in their writing. Depending on my partner's tastes the pairing could be either hetero or lesbian...possibly even include some futa/herm after the aliens have their way.

Xanatos

I could be interested in this. I would like to talk plot ideas, first. As for X-COM itself, I know as much about it as there is to know (assuming its the good versions of the game. After Terror from the Deep, the X-COM franchise tanked unfortunately). X-COM is my favorite game. Good ol'MS-DOS.

mannik

Honestly I only played the first X-com and the more recent russian developed UFO: extra terrestrials (not really X-com, but damn close)...and its been a long while since I played those, so you probably know a lot more about the setting and such than I do. I'm not looking for a game that is too strictly focused on the X-com story, but rather loosly based on it. We could even invent a few new aliens to mix things up a bit.

As far as plot ideas...most of the general ideas I have for the story are laid out in the opening post. The first part of the story would take place on earth (or whatever colonized planet we decide on) Our two characters, fresh out of training get assigned to the same squad. On their first mission things go bad, they are the only two to make it back and since then are rather close, depending on one another. As time goes on their relationship grows....eventually one gets captured, there's likely to be some alien experiments, maybe some probing or attempts at cross breeding, depends on what you're willing to do and/or read about.

I'm sure you have ideas of your own, so shoot me a PM and we can discuss them.