Looking for help in music of 2012

Started by Saerrael, July 14, 2012, 08:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

I have a character that likes music.. modern day musis.
And I, myself, am completely out of the loop.
I'm looking for music that has been released in 2012 and would love to either get reactions here or in PM.
Music must be danceable, though, as my character likes to dance (and can!).

If this fits better in Finders&Keepers, staff, please do move the thread. Thank you!

Complementary info;
Character is magical/ mystical (Elf- Sidhe), but contemporary and 18 years of age.

Oniya

Quote from: Saerra on July 14, 2012, 08:32:11 PM
Music must be danceable, though, as my character likes to dance (and can!).

What style of dance?  I might have a source of sources...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on July 14, 2012, 08:49:09 PM
What style of dance?  I might have a source of sources...

Dance/ Trance and anything that has a good beat, to be honest. *smiles*
Rap wouldn't be this thing.

Found this myself;
Trance & Dance Mix 2012
I, personally, find that boring. A bit more beat/ darker music, would probably fit my character better.

Oniya

*nods*  I have a friend who DJs at clubs.  Some of the stuff he spins might be suitable.  It might not all be 2012, but I should be able to find some stuff within the last 5-6 years.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Saerrael

Quote from: Oniya on July 14, 2012, 08:56:53 PM
*nods*  I have a friend who DJs at clubs.  Some of the stuff he spins might be suitable.  It might not all be 2012, but I should be able to find some stuff within the last 5-6 years.

Hmmm, that's why I put the year in. You know how 18 year olds are; if it's not from this year, it's old.

(Not trying to discriminate 18 year olds >.>)

Oniya

Ah, wasn't aware they were that picky.  ^_^>

Still, I can pick his brain a little.  He's more up on the dance crowd than I am.

Saerrael

Been a long time since I was 18, but that I recall ^^;

Thanks, love!

Jag

I, too, am out of the loop for the most current music. I tend to listen to individual songs rather than bands and I also usually find my music via fandom videos, so I generally have no clue how new or old they are...but this might help if you really want to pour through all of them or pick at random:

List of Singles Released in 2012.

For a list of more dancey specific songs:

New Dance Songs of 2012.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Saerrael

Oniya

Here are a few 2012-songs that I snagged off my friend's feed.  One of them has an upload date of 2011, but the text says it was (going to be) released in January 2012.  A couple of these are a little closer to industrial, but I checked to see if they were mostly danceable as far as beat and melody were concerned.

Otherness [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azr7c5a_x9c[/noembed]
Darkflow [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syOfPw3R3Ck[/noembed]
This War [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3o9IaRU3Qs[/noembed] (bouncy, bouncy)
Jagdzeit - 'Time of the Hunt', I think.  [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGXTT7s01pw[/noembed] (Dark and stompy, and there's a Clown warning, but I've seen people dance to stuff like this.)
Die Hölle Muss Warten - 'Hell Must Wait' [noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYQsf3tlcPs[/noembed]

Serephino

http://www.iheart.com/live/2021/?autoplay=true

This is a local station that plays the latest stuff.  I quit listening to it cuz they play the same 10 new songs over and over with a few older mixed in.

DeamonAndae19

I can easily point out a few tracks for ya, quite a few of them are more bassy, so they may not be too suitable.

I'll only post name and artist, although most of them will be from the same Artist.

okay.

Me and you - Nero (Dub-bass)
Promises - Nero (Dub-bass)
Act Like you Know - Nero (Bounce-beat + Dub-bass) <-- Pre 2012, unless you search for the Remix
Choices - Nero (Trance, D'n'B, Dub-bass) <--- Takes a minute or so to get into it.
Watashi Wa Mizuki Desu - Mizuki's Last Chance (Chip-tune, Dub-bass, electropop)
Holy Bleep - Mizuki's Last Chance (Chip-tune, Dub-bass, electronika)
Finishing Move - Mizuki's Last Chance (Chip-tune, Dub-bass, Metal) <--- Unlikely mix, but, just check it out, better yet -------> Mizuki's Last Chance - Finishing Move (Out Now On Beatport!)

If I can come up with any more, I'll give you a shout ^_^

DeamonAndae19

Oh, there's another one or two that i completely forgot about, sorry

Rolling Black Outs - Mizuki's Last Chance (Chip-tune, Dub-bass, middle eastern influences, mostly Ancient Egypt.)
Subtraction - Mizuki's Last Chance (Chip-tune, Dub-bass, trip-hop.)