Alien: Anomaly (System game)

Started by Kakihara, March 24, 2021, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

Quote from: Amarlo on April 04, 2021, 10:51:45 PM
Out of curiosity, who else is still around and working on a sheet? And/or has already sent one in? o.o

Praxis and LSWSjr are the two outstanding ones who'd expressed interest.  I'm going to message them here and see if they are still interested. 

Praxis

Sorry guys.  Long weekend and lead up to it derailed me.

I'll get a sheet banged out presently.

wander

Still here and all ready.  :-)

Gonna link some interesting readings for any who haven't seen these yet;

Article/list of what is considered 'canon' to ALIEN and what tier of canon as far as Fox and the rpg is concerned;
https://roguereviewer.wordpress.com/2020/10/12/defining-canon-in-an-alien-world/

A site of the ALIEN timeline, really neatly done with categories for eras and eu stuff;
https://alientimeline.wordpress.com/

This link has a collection of original scripts to download and read as pdfs, including all the unmade ALIEN3 scripts and first drafts for the other films. The ALIENS drafts include the albino Workers from the rpg (aka Weavers) that are those who form the hive. Also has the original draft for what turned into Prometheus which was more centred on the original xenomorphs and LV-426, also the first drafts for Covenant which includes a lot more character development and cut dialogue for David & also includes the actual death scene for Shaw and how exactly and when David killed her.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/downloads/

Praxis

Roland Trautmann - Fuck Up Extraordinaire

Name Roland Trautmann
Player Praxis
Career Roughneck

Strength - 4
Heavy Machinery: 2
Stamina: 3
Close Combat: 3

Agility - 4
Mobility: 2
Piloting: 0
Ranged Combat: 0

Wits - 4
Observation: 0
Comtech: 0
Survival: 0

Empathy - 2
Manipulation: 0
Medical Aid: 0
Command: 0

Talents
Resilient

Gear
Samani E-Series Watch – Military grade watch band. (He thinks it makes him badass)
Kyotera Hi Beam Flashlight

Weapons
We’re in space. Why does anyone on the crew have a gun with them??  Guns have bullets.  Bullets make holes.  Holes in a space ship make dead people.
Roland is ready and willing to use whatever weapons are locked up in the vessel’s weapons locker.

Armor:
Just the chest piece from a set of M3 personnel armour.  He wears it during first impressions but aside from that he never wears it as he doesn’t like the weight of it.  He says it “Cuts into his ability to move and moving is important.”   Roland is full of shit.  He’s just lazy and doesn’t like putting it on.

Encumbrance:

Tiny Gear
Security key for the ship’s weapons locker.

Personal Agenda
Stay sober enough to not get fired.
Stay drunk enough to make the job not suck.

Personal Relationships
Buddy:
Rival:

Signature Item
“METSEC” ball cap.  Acquired during a time when Roland wasn’t struggling with the challenges that he currently has.  Mettle Security is a reasonably well-known and respected security corp on Earth and holds a number of inter-planetary contracts.  Roland loved working for Mettle Security right up until when he didn’t and they fired him.

Stress Level:

Health:

Radiation:

Critical Injuries

Conditions
Starving:
Dehydrated:
Exhausted:
Freezing:

Consumables
Air:
Power:
Food:
Water:

Experience Points:

Story Points:

Background
Roland grew up wanting to be more than what he was capable of or now; in his opinion wanting more than what he deserved.  He had high hopes to join the military but a number of drunk and disorderly convictions as well as an assault conviction squashed that.  It took him numerous attempts and a bit of good fortune to get hired on with Mettle Security.  A semi-prestigious, “inter-planetary vessel security solution” on Earth.  Roland tested well but not well enough for any assignments where the likelihood of violence was high.  He was instead assigned to the security detail of a luxury, tourist vessel called the Katabasis.
The Katabasis would go on tours of the Caloris Basin on Mercury and it was a relatively easy assignment.  The worst you’d have to deal with are drunk husbands fighting other drunk husbands over who fucked whose wife.  Or some heiress with busy hands who thought her money would buy her literally whatever she wanted including getting tossed about a bunk or two by members of the Security Team.  Roland wasn’t one to say no to a guest, right?
Things took a decidedly bad turn when a piece of space debris tore a helmet sized hole in the aft of the Katabasis.  Infrastructure counter-measures proceeded to fail in a series of spectacular cascades.  A third of the crew and guests upon the ship failed to get to their life-boats prior to complete oxygen loss and it was generally considered a spectacular failure both on the company who owned the Katabasis as well as the Security Team who failed to act calmly during a crisis.  Roland was off-shift at the time; quite drunk and despite the rush off adrenaline, still made a number of incredibly poor decisions that resulted in nearly two hundred people failing to make it to their lifeboats.
After a number of very public lawsuits, Roland as well as a few others on the Security Team were dragged through the mud and after the trials concluded, while Roland was found to not be at fault “persay” he was fired and became a pariah.
This job is the first proper job he’s had in years.

Praxis

Let me know what you like; what you don't and what I need to change or include!

wander

Don't forget your d6 x100 dollars in starting cash with your bonus $250 + dose of Naproleve to cover your starting gear.  :-)

You can get the flashlight as one of your two free starting items, what's your second choice from the list on p.53?  :-)

Seeing as you got Resilient for your Talent, I was considering changing my own as I picked up a spacesuit (though Kip won't wear it all the time, those things are clunky af) & Resilient is just mechanically natural armour.
I'm on the fence for Long Haul or True Grit, though considering the former as I'll more likely use it and it fits my dude Kip more.

Feel free to check my spoilered sheet on the previous page to get the most from your dollars and items.  ;D

Kakihara

Quote from: Praxis on April 06, 2021, 12:42:50 PM
Let me know what you like; what you don't and what I need to change or include!

Everything looked good that I saw but will give it a double check before saying post it but looks good to me. 

Quote from: wander on April 06, 2021, 12:55:49 PM
Don't forget your d6 x100 dollars in starting cash with your bonus $250 + dose of Naproleve to cover your starting gear.  :-)

You can get the flashlight as one of your two free starting items, what's your second choice from the list on p.53?  :-)

Seeing as you got Resilient for your Talent, I was considering changing my own as I picked up a spacesuit (though Kip won't wear it all the time, those things are clunky af) & Resilient is just mechanically natural armour.
I'm on the fence for Long Haul or True Grit, though considering the former as I'll more likely use it and it fits my dude Kip more.

Feel free to check my spoilered sheet on the previous page to get the most from your dollars and items.  ;D

Feel free to change your talent if you want, anything like that is open to change before we lock it down.

I PMed the fourth person to see if they were still interested as I'd prefer having four PC characters to start as I feel like anything smaller may be a quick massacre.  ;D

wander

*nods* Well 5 given the ol' GMPC cap too.  ;D

I was considering also, what gear will the ship have, kakihara?
I ask as I wondering if picking up the spacesuit was a wise choice. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one, though if the ship locker has one for each of us regardless, I'd likely swap my 2nd free item for another one... Perhaps.

Changed my Talent also to The Long Haul.

Kakihara

Quote from: wander on April 06, 2021, 07:35:45 PM
*nods* Well 5 given the ol' GMPC cap too.  ;D

I was considering also, what gear will the ship have? I ask as I wondering if picking up the spacesuit was a wise choice. I thought it wouldn't hurt to have an extra one, though if the ship locker has one for each of us regardless, I'd likely swap my 2nd free item for another one... Perhaps.

Books in the other room right now but if I remember correctly the ship usually comes with two or three standard suits which I think barely give much armor.  I feel like the ones you can get from your career are usually tad better in armor at least.  And maybe O2 supply but don't quote me on that one, I definitely know the armor is a little better though.  Beyond that I don't think there is much different though usually a ship doesn't have enough for the fully crew but you only have two right now that are any that would be doing any outside walks.

wander

Okay, cool.

I haven't read the ship chapter past flicking through, so I'll give it a proper read myself and make a decision off that also.

LSWSjr

May Larson - Medic
Name May Larson
Player LSWSjr
Career Medic

Strength - 3
Heavy Machinery: 1
Stamina: 1
Close Combat: X

Agility - 3
Mobility: 1
Piloting: 1
Ranged Combat: X

Wits - 4
Observation: 2
Comtech: X
Survival: 1

Empathy - 4
Manipulation: X
Medical Aid: 2
Command: 1

Talents
Calming Presence
People find themselves relaxing whenever you are around. Once per Turn, you may reduce the STRESS LEVEL of another character within SHORT range by one, in addition to the normal stress recovery (see page 104). In order to use this talent, you and any character that hopes to benefit from your calming presence must be in a relatively safe place. You cannot use this talent on yourself.

Gear ($280 Spent)
0.50 Enc - High Beam Flashlight ($45)
1.00 Enc - Personal Medkit x4 ($200)
1.75 Enc - Protean Drink x7 ($35)
0.50 Enc - Surgical Kit

Weapons

Armor

Tiny Gear ($120 Spent)
0.00 Enc - Letter from my son
0.00 Enc - Naproleve x4 ($100)
0.00 Enc - Neversleep Pills x10 ($20)
0.00 Enc - Samani E-Series Watch

Encumbrance [Enc]
3.75 / 6.00

Personal Agenda
"This was supposed to be my vacation!" - Try to keep stress to a minimum and avoid taking on everybody's problems.

Personal Relationships
Buddy:
Rival:

Signature Item
Letter from my son

Stress Level:

Health: 3/3

Radiation:

Critical Injuries

Conditions
Starving:
Dehydrated:
Exhausted:
Freezing:

Consumables
Air:
Power:
Food: 7
Water: 7

Experience Points:

Story Points:

Background
A former hazardous environments paramedic, May was repeatedly sent into inhospitable locations to save what remained of those poor colonists who were having the worst of days. More of an all-rounder than a first class medical officer, the blonde found she was best suited to calming the typically turbulent emotional states of their patients, however it would be this constant shouldering of others' pain that eventually saw her leave her medical unit to pursue something a little less traumatic.

Leaving her husband and son back at the colony, May is working through an eighteen month stint with a salvage crew to clear her head, whilst still earning a steady wage. So far things have been pretty relaxed comparatively and she's looking forward to returning to her family once this rotation is done, as a healthier and happier woman.
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

wander

Ooh, I like her!  XD

Great set of... Eyes  :D and also good to have some good skill in Command on the ship past the Captain.  :-)

Funny how noone has a really great score in Ranged Combat, though I guess that'll come in with the Marines!  :D

LSWSjr

Why thank you, now let's just see how long those eyes still shine with life?  >:)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Kakihara

Ok, cool, looks like we have four going so I'll throw up an OCC and Character thread tonight after work so everyone can discuss Buddy/Rival options as well as I'll get up possibly one more NPC to round out the crew. 

Amarlo

Alright, so I changed her name but she's basically the same character. Lmfao.

KC Finished
Name Kassandra “KC” Cain
Player Amarlo
Career Pilot
Age 31

Strength - 3
Heavy Machinery: X
Stamina: 1
Close Combat: 1

Agility - 4
Mobility: 1
Piloting: 2
Ranged Combat: X

Wits - 4
Observation: 2
Comtech: 1

Empathy - 3
Manipulation:
Medical Aid: 1
Command: X

Talents
Reckless

Gear
Maintenance jack - free
Seegson system diagnostic device - free
Samani E-series Watch - 50
Personal Data Transmitter - 100
High Beam Flashlight - 45
4 Bug Juice - 20
3 Candy bars - 6
$450

Weapons
M4A3 service pistol - 200

Armor:

Encumbrance:

Tiny Gear
2 Naproleve Pills - 20/Free
2 Never Sleep Pills - 4
1 Hydr8tion - 5

Personal Agenda

Personal Relationships
Buddy:
Rival:

Signature Item
Handheld gaming device

Stress Level:

Health:

Radiation:

Critical Injuries

Conditions
Starving:
Dehydrated:
Exhausted:
Freezing:

Consumables
Air:
Power:
Food:
Water:

Experience Points:

Story Points:

Background

Daddy’s little disappointment - That’s what Jennifer’s job title might as well be. As the daughter of prominent Admiral Jonnathan Wulan great things were expected of Jennifer since the day she was born. Perhaps even a commission one day. You can only imagine her father’s huge disappointment when she went an entirely different route altogether. Jennifer wanted nothing to do with the Colonial Marines, nor frontier life. Her entire childhood was spent comfortably stationed on whatever spit or station her father happened to be stationed on at the time. The idea of breathing fresh air not only seems dirty and beneath her, but outright hazardous! Planets didn’t exactly come with the weapons grade air filtration systems like a station did. Still, as pressure to do something more with her life mounted at home, Jen knew she needed to do something. Something that didn’t require so many rules and structure. Something that allowed her to spread her wings and fly free -- That was it.She was smart. She was great at video games, dexterous and sharp. All it took was a few classes and tests, and Jennifer actually made a pretty damn decent pilot. Decent enough not to be forced to enlist - anywhere near daddy dearest, at least.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Praxis

Quote from: kakihara on April 07, 2021, 09:08:35 AM
Ok, cool, looks like we have four going so I'll throw up an OCC and Character thread tonight after work so everyone can discuss Buddy/Rival options as well as I'll get up possibly one more NPC to round out the crew.

Excellent!

wander

I'll get a pic sorted too for Kip.

After seeing Praxis' Trautmann and the stats they're packing in comparison to Kip, I know more the angle of early 50s actor I'm gonna go with now myself. Trautmann is the more burly guy, though Kip has higher Observation/Comtech and Empathy +Medical skill (though of course not as good as May's), so whilst Trautmann is our beefy mechanic guy, Kip is more your buddy electrian type. :)

Praxis

Yeah...Trautmann is not going to be anyone's buddy.

>.>

<.<

If someone from the crew happens to get punted out of the airlock along with the xeno...well...sometimes shit happens man.

wander

Funny thing is I was going for the grumpy boomer thing myself...  :D

I'm half a mind to change character and occupation, though I'm happy with my character pretty much.

Plus, eh... Someone could end up round 1 getting head-bit and most Criticals at 52+ on the d66 pretty much either Daruma your character, permanently paralyse or insta-dead them. I'm fully expecting Kip will die, though also I'm excited to see how far he makes it.  :-)

Amarlo

I snorted over the "Metsec" hat. xD Does he also exclusively take his dates out to sports bars?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Praxis

Quote from: Amarlo on April 07, 2021, 03:15:09 PM
I snorted over the "Metsec" hat. xD Does he also exclusively take his dates out to sports bars?

Right before he takes them to get his and hers tribal tattoos around each other's bicep.

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

wander

Just noticed the thread title change and the OOC thread link is now in the opening post.  :-)

Quote from: Amarlo on April 07, 2021, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: Praxis on April 07, 2021, 03:16:56 PM
Right before he takes them to get his and hers tribal tattoos around each other's bicep.

I do not get these references.  :D

Kakihara

Links all up:

Alien: Anomaly OCC
Character List

Feel free to post your completed character sheets.  Also gave the game a proper name as well.

Also will be using the John Carpenter's The Thing Soundtrack for the first section's sound. (You find the links on the first page of every topic.)

https://youtu.be/zgiSXRoG2tQ

Annaamarth

... Is it too late to throw a name in for the "Scientist" hat?

Edit: A sheet, complete with likely candidates for Buddy versus Rival.  As near as I can tell, Buddy and Rival don't need to be reciprocal?

Kole Abrashi
Name Kole Abrashi
Player Annaamarth
Career Scientist
Age Fuck you.

Strength - 4
Heavy Machinery: 1
Stamina: X
Close Combat: 1

Agility - 3
Mobility: X
Piloting: X
Ranged Combat: 1

Wits - 5
Observation: 3
Comtech: 2

Empathy - 2
Manipulation: X
Medical Aid: 1
Command: X

Talents
Analysis
Kole can roll for OBSERVATION to gain insight regarding strange and alien artifacts or creatures that he encounters and gets a chance to study for at least one Turn. For every Hit rolled, He gets to answer one of the questions below:
• Is it human or alien?
• Is it dead or alive?
• How old is it?
• What is its purpose?
• How does it work?
• What problems could it cause?
The answers will be true, but may be vague or incomplete.  A successful Analyze roll also reduces the STRESS LEVEL of all other PCs within SHORT range by one, while a failed roll increases other PCs' stress levels by one.

Gear
Seegson P-DAT      .5
Seegson SDD         1

Weapons
Watatsumi Bolt Gun  1  (400) (Because fuck if I'll trust Trautmann with bolt-work)

Armor

Tiny Gear
Samani E-Series watch   (50)
PDT, worn              (100)
Hydr8tion x5            (25)  (Kept in case of unexpected hypersleep)

Cached in his lab - Most of this is a comes from his just-in-case mentality - a supply kit of spare rations, extra water and bug juice, a medkit and a flashlight - in case someone needs to be quarantined in the lab, something happens to supplies or the ship suffers an accident.  The booze is just rotgut because he's a little miserable, and running a still in the lab is something he is uniquely qualified to do.
Hooch x4            4    (40)
Prefab meals x5    1.25  (50)
Bug Juice x5       1.25  (25)
Water x5           1.25  (10)
Medkit, Personal   .25   (50)
Naproleve x3             (40)
Flashlight         .5    (45)

Encumbrance [Enc]
1.50 / 8.00

Personal Agendas
"Everyone gets home." - Safety first; don't break protocol, don't violate safety. Relax when you're off the job.
Alternative
"Can you handle that?" - I can't delegate sensitive work to these other people - they don't know the equipment, the procedures ... Kole tends not to delegate.

Personal Relationships
Buddy: May, probably.  Sweet family woman trying to support the ones back home?  Medic responsible for patching up this ship of fools?  May can stay.
Rival: Trautmann.  We know about the Katabasis- don't have a repeat here.  No you can't have my hooch.
Kip's on the shortlist for his shitlist - We all know you've been crewing forever - don't cut corners, old salt.  If you want, I can tell you what breathing a lungful of HF-contaminated vapour at, say ... a hundred parts per million for an hour, and then we can talk about why the helmet stays on until I get a good atmosphere survey - unless you like cancer and osteoporosis.

Signature Item
Unfinished Scientific Paper: Heavy Metal Concentrations and Their Role and Impact in Xenobiological Protein Structures - it has been subtitled "Don't Lick The Bug" in green ink.

Stress Level:

Health: 4/4

Radiation:

Critical Injuries

Conditions
Starving:
Dehydrated:
Exhausted:
Freezing:

Consumables
Air:
Power:
Food:
Water:
Cash: $15.  Kole isn't saving up, which ... on this ship makes him weird.

Experience Points:

Story Points:

Background
Kole is an aging academician who keeps a messy office and collects his paycheck.  To judge based on some of his old plaques and certificates, he used to be a teacher, but at some point he picked up a gig to ride along on salvage and survey missions to provide analysis and scientific support - and to keep idiot roughnecks from sticking their dicks and clits into something caustic.

He generally keeps to himself unless called upon to supervise a survey, analyze materials or, of course, perform atmospheric samples every time someone gets tired of wearing their damn helmet.  He's tired and acts like it, but he really just wants everyone to make it home at the end of the day - his being an acerbic asshole has very little to do with being selfcentered, and everything to do with being an engineer who is so very, very tired of people who have "been doing this for years" cutting corners and losing limbs - or worse.

As long as his services aren't required, he collates and goes over the scientific papers he has scheduled to come in on the Network, refers to old data he's picked up, and continues work on his own paper.  He struggles with the independent nature of working with an independent crew, but a part of him still wants to find a way to contribute to the knowledge and understanding of humanity - and W-Y could quash anything he came up, or keep it proprietary.  Not a fan.

There are no pictures of family in his office and he doesn't talk about it.
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.