We Chosen Few: Recruitment Thread

Started by Juggtacular, July 05, 2017, 02:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiraMirror

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on July 06, 2017, 01:46:42 AM
@Mira:

Hey, you laugh, but it's viable! I remember my first ever game of Tabletop Pathfinder. I was playing a Dark Paladin of Asmodeus, who liked fire...so I gave him the ability to set his weapon on fire at will. Didn't do THAT much extra damage, but it was thematic and cool. Anyway, we'd been disarmed for a boat journey so at dinner with the captain, Azazel swiped one of the silver forks. As they walked out, they got into an altercation with a pair of Bastard Sword-wielding Clerics. Unarmed. So, um, oops. They wanted us to go with them to see their boss, we said "Make us," so they drew swords. >.>
In any case, Azazel pulled out his 1d4 damage fork (against a pair 2d6 damage swords), and proceeded to murderise one of them with a flaming fork in one hit.
Twenty two damage. With a fork. I have no idea how it happened, but it was awesome. >.>

Moral of the story: Never underestimate a piece of cutlery that's on fire. :P

Flaming tea cups, flaming forks, flaming forks, flaming  electric towers, flaming blades, FLAMING FUCKING DILDOOOOOOS.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Vergil Tanner

I actually winced at that last one. >.>
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on July 06, 2017, 01:51:04 AM
I actually winced at that last one. >.>

I mean, I was just talking about taking a gel dildo or whatever, setting it ablaze with magic fire, and beating some poor enemy with it.

Vergil Tanner

That sounds much more merciful than what I was imagining >.>

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on July 06, 2017, 02:10:16 AM
That sounds much more merciful than what I was imagining >.>

Hardcore sadism, damn.

Vergil Tanner

Well. He's the wielder of the Ebony Blade...he has some issues to work out :P

1SAZ

He does have Fireseal and Senga, Thunderseal is under Illyra Castle but is restored so Ky could technically go get it if he REALLY wanted to, though he doesn't need to for reasons... Zessen is still with Anji last I checked, and the two the Senato have are basically lost in the wind and probably gonna be major points for Sol's plot later on down the line. Slayer's dagger... that's just gonna sit around doing nothing for a long time till Slayer gets bored and gives it to Sol.

That all said, I prefer the look of Magnolia Eclair II to Aquila and Thunderseal since it seems like a natural progression for Ky to wield and is otherwise just gorgeous. Aquila was nice but impractical for his fighting style, at least in my opinion.

Vergil Tanner

Nah, Slayer needs to turn around to Sol and be like "You want it? Well...there's a big wasteland about half an hour away. Win it from me." Get a full on Anime-style Slayer Vs Sol battle. I would be so hard that I'd need emergency medical attention. >.>

Oh, I agree that Aquila didn't suit Ky...but it was gorgeous nonetheless :P

jeflint

Vergil Tanner pointed me here, and there a few boxes that are ticked in my interests, Magic & Future Tech and being able to play a non-human, so I'm tentatively placing my interest here while I talk to him and try and develop a passable idea.

If you're available for recruits still that is.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

TheLaughingOne

Sooo... i got the wisps of an idea using, as mentioned the magic bullets in der freischütz as the shape of the PTRS-41.... or, for a twist, as a magazine that shifts to fit any gun (but only grants 7 shots, then needs new gun. Or something less silly, still thinking)

Trying to figure a weakness, in the story its the 7th bullet. All others hit theor target perfectly, while the 7th is controlled by Samiel, the Black huntsman, (aka the devil).

Thoughts/ideas of things...?
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Juggtacular

OOC Thread

Okay guys, the OOC is officially open. Let's trickle toward there so we can keep the Recruitment Thread focused on drawing more lambs to the slaughternoble Chosen to join our cause.

Juggtacular

Quote from: jeflint on July 06, 2017, 06:21:12 AM
Vergil Tanner pointed me here, and there a few boxes that are ticked in my interests, Magic & Future Tech and being able to play a non-human, so I'm tentatively placing my interest here while I talk to him and try and develop a passable idea.

If you're available for recruits still that is.

-wraps Jeflint in chains- Recruits? Yes, we're totally available for those.

Juggtacular

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on July 06, 2017, 06:47:48 AM
Sooo... i got the wisps of an idea using, as mentioned the magic bullets in der freischütz as the shape of the PTRS-41.... or, for a twist, as a magazine that shifts to fit any gun (but only grants 7 shots, then needs new gun. Or something less silly, still thinking)

Trying to figure a weakness, in the story its the 7th bullet. All others hit theor target perfectly, while the 7th is controlled by Samiel, the Black huntsman, (aka the devil).

Thoughts/ideas of things...?

Hmmmm. It could be that as the bullets themselves are the God Arm, they can form a weapon to fire themselves. But after the last bullet, there's a small recharge time before the bullets recharge their magic and "reload" for him to fire off another salvo.

As for the 7th bullet, could call it "Unlucky Seven" and if it's controlled by the Devil, in this instance it would be controlled by Uldreath. It could be that some of the God Arms are his creation; the darker, more cursey ones. The 7th bullet being completely controlled by him would mean that it's gonna hit something, just no idea what and if that's a risk they want to take.

jeflint

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 06, 2017, 08:28:33 AM
-wraps Jeflint in chains- Recruits? Yes, we're totally available for those.

**Wags tail**

I was throwing ideas at vergil. I'm working with a support healer/caster cursed I to perpetual reincarnation for a heinous crime she committed long ago. She is s healer to attone for her sins.

Juggtacular

Quote from: jeflint on July 06, 2017, 08:39:25 AM
**Wags tail**

I was throwing ideas at vergil. I'm working with a support healer/caster cursed I to perpetual reincarnation for a heinous crime she committed long ago. She is s healer to attone for her sins.

Wooooow, now I'm thinking of a woman who is bitter and forced to essentially be immortal to atone for whatever horrendous evil she did. I like it. "What do you do?" "I heal people"  "What did you used to do?" "Not...heal them."

jeflint

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 06, 2017, 08:41:38 AM
Wooooow, now I'm thinking of a woman who is bitter and forced to essentially be immortal to atone for whatever horrendous evil she did. I like it. "What do you do?" "I heal people"  "What did you used to do?" "Not...heal them."

I was thinking the diactomy of being immortal, but forced into human lives and lifespans, would give a truly evil bitch a sense of scale. And create interpersonal drama.

Do I go back to being a holy terror or be good?

Juggtacular

Immortality itself could already be frustrating. But immortality at 70, 80, 100 year increments would be infuriating. Buuuuut if you don't atone then you're stuck in this shit existence.

TheLaughingOne

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 06, 2017, 08:36:16 AM
Hmmmm. It could be that as the bullets themselves are the God Arm, they can form a weapon to fire themselves. But after the last bullet, there's a small recharge time before the bullets recharge their magic and "reload" for him to fire off another salvo.

As for the 7th bullet, could call it "Unlucky Seven" and if it's controlled by the Devil, in this instance it would be controlled by Uldreath. It could be that some of the God Arms are his creation; the darker, more cursey ones. The 7th bullet being completely controlled by him would mean that it's gonna hit something, just no idea what and if that's a risk they want to take.

I like... though i got a few other ideas im thinking on as well.. or at least i was til brain popped off..

Heh, part was from a dresden files game.. The Black Knights Reglia. Excellent tanking armor as almost invulnerable to most weapons (aside from god arms or the like) but compels the wearer to find battles and conflict..

Or maybe someone wielding benkeis naginata, gifting them amazing strength, power, speed, and endurance... but a possible vulnerability to rsnged weapons (if you call needing to get shot 300 times by archers, and still standing until your body is disturbed after you die a weakness..) plus a compulsion to "attach" yourself to someone as a leader or such...
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Wispyr

Reporting as invited.

I'll have some idea for the things today sometime.

Captain Whitebread

Captain Whitebread
Name: Alexander Huntington
Race: Human
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: See picture.  Alexander has never been particularly careful about his grooming.  Let people judge him by what they see.  They'll learn the truth eventually.
God Arm
Name: Durendal aka 'The Martyr's Blade'.
Power(s):Indestructable, Capable of cutting through anything that is natural  including rock and steel, Shift form
Abilities: Blocks Pain – When wielding Durendal, the Chosen cannot feel pain so they have no real way of knowing how badly hurt they are.
Injury Abeyance – Until Durendal's Chosen has suffered so much damage that they simply cannot continue, the God Arm will keep them up and fighting, an unfortunate case of burning the candle at both ends.
Weaknesses: Durendal will not surrender, even against insurmountable odds.  Its faith in its Chosen's abilities is vastly out of keeping with their true abilities.
Background
Personality:When he's sober (and not hung over or experiencing delerium tremens) Alexander can be a genial and intelligent conversationalist. When he's drunk, he's a silent, brooding loner. When he's been drinking but isn't entirely drunk (a state where he spends the majority of his time), he's gregarious, occasionally overly so. He has a quick, sometimes savage wit. While most people think getting him drunk will make his less aware and a less able combatant, he is at his best when tipsy.

History:Alexander was the second son of a titled family. Educated at the Royal University, he was a rising star in the field of engineering. Sent to the remote region on a royal order, he was assigned the task of building a bridge over a chasm that would allow rail traffic to open up the centre of an untapped area of natural resources.He completed the task in record time, coming in under budget as well. He was hailed as a hero, right up until the moment the bridge collapsed under the weight of the first train that crossed it, killing hundreds of passengers as well as a handful of dignitaries. It seemed that alcohol and engineering didn't mix as well as Alexander thought they did.

He fled, before he could be arrested for multiple murders. He fled before he could be lynched and torn apart by the angry mob. It took him years to travel to a place where his crimes were unknown, hiding in small villages, living with various nomadic tribes and keeping constantly on the move. He eventually found himself as a go between, a translator between various groups and those who wanted to sell them weapons. He's managed to make a good living and the clandestine nature of his new occupation helps keep him out of the view of those who would see him pay for his past crimes.

Recently he's been experiencing severe pain in his stomach; investigation discovered something he didn't want to know – he was suffering from an inoperable liver cancer that would eventually kill him.  His chronic drinking was pegged as the cause.  Ironically, alcohol was one of the few things that dulled the pain. Alexander figures that it is karma finally arriving to punish him for his past crimes.

Facing off against impossible odds isn't something that really bothers Alexander.  He knows he's a walking dead man.  Perhaps it will make up for some of the things he's done in the past.  His chosen weapon is a Holland & Holland .470 Nitro Express double barrel elephant rifle.

Physical description/Other pictures:You wouldn't take Alexander Huntington to be an educated gentlemen upon first sight but that is indeed the case.Under the long, greying unkempt hair and wrinkled clothing, behind the bleary eyes, the week old unshaved salt and pepper beard and the occasional smell of unine and alcohol lurks a man who once rubbed elbows with royalty.

Talents/Skills: Engineer – when sober, Alexander is a brilliant engineer
Marksman – Alexander has spent decades in the black market, specializing in weapons and he's become a crack shot
Negotiations – Alexander is a skilled negotiator, at his best after he's been drinking
Linguist – he speaks seven languages

Other
Connections: If you want your characters to have any connections with other characters
Dislikes:Clingy women, Nosy people
Ons/Offs: Ons: NSA sex where he doesn't have to do much work
Offs: Men, sloppy seconds
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

orderNchaos

So I hope if we were on the original interest thread that we get priority consideration for the team? 

;D

Juggtacular

Quote from: orderNchaos on July 07, 2017, 03:41:34 AM
So I hope if we were on the original interest thread that we get priority consideration for the team? 

;D
Lol there's still room and you can still join.

TheLaughingOne

))first draft! just got home a bit ago and kinda outta it.. will try and get it more cleaned up soon! Comments and ideas appreciated!))

The Laughing One

Name: Melandria Drunkoft
Race: Human (with minor cybernetic augmentations)
Sexuality: Omni-sexual
Appearance: As picture. (Height 6'5, weight 153lbs

God Arm
Name: Benkei's Naginata
Power(s):
~Indestructible
~Renders user Fearless and unshaken by natural and unnatural causes. (they still understand and know fear and what would cause it, but are not unduly influenced)
~The blade and haft are able to respectively cut/crush almost any armor or weapon in its path, save other God Arms, and even then still able to inflict horrible wounds when landing a solid hit. (weapons tend to suffer this less though.)

Abilities:
~Standard Physical enhancements
~Further Doubled in terms of Strength, Agility, and Endurance.
~Able to continue fighting despite grevious wounds (though not to the level of Durendal)

Weaknesses:
~The Chosen of Benkei's naginata finds themself "attached" To another individual and has to work as their protector and guardian, direct threats to the target must be acted upon and the individual becomes a priority for protection, superseding all other concerns even if it costs them their own life.
~They also gain a minor compulsion to collect the weapons of enemies they have beaten, becoming sullen, cranky, and frustrated when unable to do so.
~The Chosen tends to become overconfident, easily fooled into taking a greater risk then they can manage or otherwise tricked when taunted about their capabilities.

Background
Personality: Melandria almost seems to have two personalities, while on the job she is very task oriented, focused, cold, and professional with Zero sense of humor. But once the job is over her personality seems to invert, becoming quite warm, friendly, flirty, jovial, and happy.
History: Uuuuuuhhhhh...... ... I've got something some where...
Physical description/Other pictures:
Talents/Skills: Things your Chosen is naturally good at, or has practiced at to become proficient(i.e. cooking, manipulation, charm, etc...)

Other
Connections: Looking for person for her to be "attached" to, former mercenary comrades, ect.
Likes: Smell of gun oil, plush toys, high-caliber firearms, sugary baked goods, well thought out assault plans, weird mixed drinks with stupid names.
Dislikes: Improperly maintained weapons, sad puppies and kittens, Contract Breakers,  meals without a proper culinary balance, over entitled little shits.
Ons/Offs: Same as Player
My Ons and Offs!

Vergil Tanner

Just to let people know, I altered some wording in my Bio to make it a little more specific; some of the wording was a little vague, so I neatened it up. :-)

Vergil Tanner

ALSO! I love Melandria! Since she's apparently a former mercenary, I'm up for her knowing Marcus, since he went around doing work-for-hire for the last 12 years. If you'd like to know the surly, intense wielder of the Ebony Blade. :P