Limit on MyTopics

Started by Seara, May 02, 2008, 02:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seara

I know I have mentioned it once before, but I find myself with more threads then room on my mytopics, between all of the sub boards and ooc boards that is. I know not everyone will have this problem, but I really like the mytopics feature I find it very usefull, and like one thread I thought was dead just came back to life. So if possably there could be pages to the my topics , where you see 25 on the first page and then there is a second page to see the next 25, it would be greatly appreciated. I know for most people 25 seems like a lot but I am also in some games that have multipal threads. :) Just a sugestion.

Thanks

Jeramiahh

I agree; I hit mine a long time ago, before I moved all of one game it a subforum... it was irritating, to be certain.

Longer list, please!
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Captain Maltese

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Xillen

This has been mentioned before and unfortunately seems technically hard to manage, else Vekseid would probably have fixed it ages ago.

Keep in mind though that old games are still in there, just not showing. So you will get an email alert if you enabled it.

Due to the limit, I'm using "Show new replies to your post." nowadays, which might have the disadvantage of showing too much.

Sherona

I find it useful, but htat is because I do not use it for OOC boards and just "Chat boards" To be honest, these boards are fleeting..they tend to die out after a couple of days and they just waste space on the 25 limit.

I would suggest turning on Email Notifications of threads you want to be alerted to, as well as New Replies link, for your OOC stuff. I persoanaly use the Notify me function (god I love it) on all my games and whenever I get a Personal Message, that way I can just pop around the sight if I want to look at ooc stuff..I use the 25 list only as a short cut to gettting to my stories Ineed to reply to.

Bliss

If you look at the top of your My Topics, the end of the paragraph is a link that says click here to go to your notification settings. If you click that, it'll take you a page very much like My Topics, but with one key difference:
At the bottom of the first 25 links, there's a 1,2,3... Of links to the pages with all the older threads for which you've requested notification.

I hope this helps!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Xillen

Hmm, that looks pretty decent, Bliss. Makes me wonder why the regular My Topics doesn't work like that.

Trieste

Yarr... yes, I noticed this. Order of ops for me on the forums is just my topics, then unread replies to my posts, then unread replies since last visit. But I keep a notepad file open and pop the names down of threads as I read the replies, so when I'm in a writing headspace, I can just pop over to the notepad file and see not only what threads I need to reply to, but which have been waiting the longest.

Bliss

Quote from: Xillen on May 02, 2008, 07:56:54 AM
Hmm, that looks pretty decent, Bliss. Makes me wonder why the regular My Topics doesn't work like that.

If I recall correctly from another discussion of a similar topic, My Topics is sort of an overlay the Notification system.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3