Assassins Among Us - ASSASSINS WIN!

Started by persephone325, March 27, 2014, 07:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Val blinked as Blythe reasoned his way through all this, feeling faintly dizzy.  It was bad enough that she was overanalyzing everything; now everyone else seemed ready to do the same, and that was bound to lead to arguments.  Of course, arguing was the least of their worries, considering everything else that was going on.  And then another terrible thought occurred to her: what if their own duly elected sheriff, Starlequin, was one of the evil-doers?  What would become of the town then?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Elandra

Concerned that the wolf might be hiding in sheep's clothing, Elandra lent her voice to Val's and agreed that perhaps their own sheriff was indeed an assassin. With a heavy heart, she too stated that Starlequin was an assassin and should be exiled.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

persephone325

Star (2) - Val, Elandra
Tersius (1) - Yugi
Sasha (1) - Josi
Yugi (1) - Blythe
Total: 5

Needed:
Lisar
Phaia
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
Tersius
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

SunshineSparkle

Sunshine had also had a few suspicions about Starlequin, he might be their Sheriff but warning bells rang in her mind whenever she was near his presence.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

lisar

Lisar stretched her arms over her head as she rolled out of bed.  She was stiff as if she had slept for a full two nights! 

After she prepared for the day and headed into  town, she stopped in for breakfast and overheard whispers.  Hearing that RPGuy had been pushed out shocked her.  Such a nice man.  She listened to more whispers.  Suspicions of who could be trusted in this time when no one could be trusted.  After finishing her coffee, she had decided that if anyone asked her opinion she would let them know that she believed Sasha to be one of the Assassins.

persephone325

Star (3) - Val, Elandra, Sunshine
Sasha (2) - Josi, Lisa
Tersius (2) - Yugi, Blythe
Total: 7

Needed:
Phaia
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
Tersius
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

"Eh," says Blythe, "I suppose I'll change my vote to Tersius."

Remiel

"I'll follow Blythe's lead and also vote for Tersius," said Remiel, waking up only long enough to take another long swig of his rum before passing back into an alcoholic stupor.

Phaia

It had been a long bleary eyed session with her band. So Phaia had went out to the village square for some fresh air and a coffee. One of those big normal ones that most people avoided for the fancy named latte's. She was on her 3rd sip and feeling a bit clearer headed when the strangled sound of wailing cats assaulted her ears. Her feet nearly ran to to the corner then she skidded to a stop wide eyed as she watched the mangled and poorly played bagpipes wail again. Starlequin clearly had no sense of music and was doing nothing more then filling the air with horrid wails like a banshe. He was the sheriff, true, but that could be the very cover needed to accomplish his mass murder by bag pipes! So Phaia knew that Starlequin had to go!

Tersius

Tersius could hear the shift of people's choices were going against him, but had no clue why. He shrugged and decided that the sheriff was indeed suspicious, and decided to vote Starlequin out.

persephone325

Star (5) - Val, Elandra, Sunshine, Tersius, Phaia
Tersius (4) - Yugi, Blythe, Remi, Star
Sasha (2) - Josi, Lisa
Total: 11

Needed:
Sasha
I don't know.

Starlequin

Aye, it was a fine mornin' to squeeze the pipes, and Starlequin felt an urge, nay, an obligation, to serenade the poor, beleaguered citizenry with a brief but glorious rendition of authentic Peruvian folk music in an effort to take their minds off of their inevitable doom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMYirAN3us

Unfortunately, before he could really begin to let loose his melodious magic, that mad-eyed  Phaia, her raggedy dress prodigiously colored with coffee stains, came dashing up to him with a look that could have melted steel, or at least warmed it a few degrees above room temperature. Feeling slightly uneasy and unable to recall more than the most basic skills from his Bagpipe-Fu classes, Starlequin was forced to cut short his impromptu concert and refocus his efforts on solving the myriad murders that had... actually not claimed that many victims, now that he thought of it.

It was then that he realized the truth, or at least a portion of it: not only was Tersius very plainly an assassin, and almost certainly in league with that beguiling she-devil Valerian, but even worse, he was incompetent. Starlequin paled at the thought, for although professionals were frightening in the execution of their devious deeds, they were at least accurate, while such rank novices as these villains plainly were might be capable of anything at all! Assuming they didn't blow their own heads off, that was. Indeed, Starlequin would have to be much more cautious going forward... if he made it through the day...
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Phaia

*covers her ears and runs away* ARRRGGGG!!!

persephone325

And so, the townspeople revolted against their own Sheriff. They stripped him of his badge and privileges, and forced him to leave. Only after the fact was it revealed that Star was the very force that was keeping them safe. He was the police officer. Now who would keep them safe?

You are now voting for a new Sheriff. NOT A LYNCH!
I don't know.

yugi006

"I believe Blythe would make a good sheriff."

Blythe

Blythe says, "I've been looking over the votes. I want an innocent loyal Sheriff, not an Assassin, so I will be giving a minor speech about who I think is guilty for sure:

"Those who died (name in red was an assassin)
* Leorobin (4) - Val, Elandra, Phaia, Sunshine
* Guy (4) - Josi, Val, Tersius, Sasha
* Star (5) - Val, Elandra, Sunshine, Tersius, Phaia

"Look at this list. Not only did Tersius not vote for Leorobin, he tried to kill Star twice. Twice, I tell you all, if you look at Tersius' voting history in full, and he voted to kill two innocent people and succeeded. Tersius is almost certainly an assassin, and when we get done voting for a Sheriff and get past this next Night Phase, I strongly consider all of you to take a good long look if you are in an alliance with Tersius and decide if you believe it's worth dying for...or becoming a corrupt assassin for, in case he ends up being the Trainer!

With that in mind, I must trust yugi006 to be our next Sheriff, as he seems to have trust in me. Like me, he voted for Tersius last round, and I'm inclined to trust him."

Josietta

Josi agreed with Blythe on Yugi for sheriff.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Remiel

Remiel woke up only long enough to be told that Starlequin, the Police Officer, had been lynched.  He shook his head, mumbled something about "fools, the lot of 'em" and went back to sleep.

"Yugi006...sure, why not," he muttered in his sleep.

persephone325

Yugi (4) - Blythe, Josi, Remi, Lisa
Blythe (1) - Yugi
Total: 5

Needed:
Elandra
Phaia
Sasha
SunshineSparkle
Tersius
Valerian
I don't know.

lisar

Lisar listened to Blythe's reasoning and considered his argument thoughtfully.  "I will need more time to decide on Tersius' fate, however I do trust yugi and vote for him for the sheriff."

Elandra

As others had done before her, Elandra listened to Blythe's words. There was some truths to them and she too believed that Yugi would make a good sheriff.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

persephone325

Yugi (6) - Blythe, Josi, Remi, Lisa, Elandra, Sunshine
Blythe (1) - Yugi
Total: 7

Needed:
Phaia
Sasha
Tersius
Valerian
I don't know.

SunshineSparkle

Like the others, Sunshine listened carefully to what Blythe was saying. Some facts started making more sense to her, she stood up and looked at Yugi."He seems to be a fitting choice."

O&O    A&A    Avatars

persephone325

Voting will close at midnight.
I don't know.

persephone325

And so, as the votes were read, the townspeople had made their choice clear. Yugi had taken up the job of Sheriff. Of course, there were risks involved. However, that was all part of the job.

Night roles will receive a PM.
I don't know.