News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

What can change the nature of a man?

Started by Jefepato, April 28, 2006, 11:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

I vote for keeping both the men and the women.  Preferably together.   ;)

Elvi

I vote that we could possibly get back on topic, perhaps someone could start a thread "Should we get rid of a gender?"
(Though I wouldn't recomend it really)
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

ZK

Yeah, the fifth gender, who really needs that one?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Natalie C. Barney

Hello I did change the topic your all keeping it going. Didn't you notice I noted if one thing changes the nature of humanity its SCIENCE. It can elevate or destroy- we are even getting to were we engineer humans at the genetic level. So its clearly the big factor to me.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Elvi

Natalie,
This is the second time as moderator, in as many days, that I have asked you to not set an antagonistic stance.
My post, requesting that the subject be returned to the topic, included everyone not just yourself.

Zakharra

Culture can change the nature of man, but that is a hard way of doing it and takes a very long time. Science might be able to. Thru  genetic engineering. But even that might fail. Only time will tell.

Elvi

I would also prefer it, Natalie, that you did not continue to delete your posts so as to make other's posts look out of context and thus make the thread confusing to read, for this reason, I have put your post back onto the thread.

Your points are valid (in this case) your antaganism is not.

Ajoxer

For the off topic we've got going, I kinda like living...

For on topic: Anything can change a man, it just depends on the factors. A child can make a man want to change the world better, the loss of a loved one may drive him over the edge. God knows that I change quite frequently. Even the most trivial of things may be that last snowflake that ends with several villages being wiped off a map by a tide of white...

Anything can change the nature of a man. But I'd say that it takes something important to change the nature of a woman. Them and their 'stability'...
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Jefepato

Honestly, I only said "the nature of a man" instead of "the nature of a person" because it has more rhythm to it (and because it's how the question was originally presented).  It was meant to be a question of personal development, not of sexual hegemony -- in retrospect, I should have included a disclaimer in my first post.

My personal favorite answer, though, is "regret."

(And I vote we get rid of the cats.)

Violet Maui

(Why? Why get rid of the kitties? They're so cute and cuddly..)

Children not only change men, but they change women as well -- Someone who doesn't want kids can have the maternal instinct brought out by looking after someone else's child. >:3
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

Elvi

Jefepato,
I simply read it as 'man' meaning human kind in general.

Swedish Steel

"What a piece of work is man..."
Yepp, sticking with the baby theory. I guess regret could change you...or just taking a look at yourself and realizing you haven't accomplished much, time for change.

And yeah...lay of the kitties or the Cat Liberation League will dump kitty litter in your mailbox. They're devious that way.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Lilac

"...there is in all men, both male and female, a desire and power of generation more active than is ever universally exerted." - David Hume.

The word originally referred to both genders, and often still does.  Somewhere along the line wermen and wyfman got too muddled, I guess.

Why feminists don't get up in arms about the origin of 'fe' in 'feminist', 'female', and such instead, I have no idea.

Regarding changing the nature of man, in that context, hmm.  Well a strong enough base or enough heat will denature them. ^^

Ajoxer

Possibly because they don't know what the Fe means. I don't. >.>

But yeah, and extreme gravity can do a badass job too.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Elvi

Lilac

Quote from: Elvi on April 29, 2006, 10:07:13 AM
Or no gravity at all?

That wouldn't cause a denaturing ^_^

'fe' is from the proto-Indo-European root meaning 'to suck' or something like that, Vekseid has a reference or something, given his avatar he finds it highly amusing >_>

Violet Maui

::Enjoys the denaturing comment.:: My tenth grade science teacher would of loved you for that one. :)
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

Lirliel

What can change the nature of a man? - Answer: Love
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lilian

Desperation can also change the nature of a man. Ultimately, as Zulo said, men and woman change themselves.. thier life path, despite guidance, is still very much thier own to choose. When an honorable man has nothing, he may choose to steal. When a truthful man is put into a certain situation, he may choose to lie. Given enough of this they would adopt it, again and again.  In a way it's a path of both corruption and purity that we go through in our lives. To think, sometimes, we can't change.. but only because nothing has changed in our lives.   

On the side, I am totally in favour for diversity. ^^  I'm not for or against cloning..  but I definitely know that in order to clone as Natalie suggests, chances are, they'd actually have to rewrite how woman respond biologically and physiologically. Besides, you know, sooner or later, they'd just be cloning em with dicks anyways and we'd have an entire race of hermaphrodites before natural procreation began again and.. if the gene pool hadnt been sterilized by that point..  woman would begin producing both male and female children, and so the cycle continues. ^^

King_Furby

Well if a man had no nuts it would change them by a great deal.

Swedish Steel

On Off page:

Lilian

Just a sack of crushed nuts to get him through life.. how sad..

Elvi

Quote from: King_Furby on May 04, 2006, 03:53:31 PM
Well if a man had no nuts it would change them by a great deal.

Peanut? coconut? macedania? cashew?
What about those who are alergic to nuts?
Do they not lead a satisfying and fulfilling life?
Does it make a man better if he has cashews and not just hazel nuts?

Would the same thing apply if woman did not have chocolate?

Swedish Steel

A  woman without chocolate is a dreadfull thing to behold! I advice every man to keep an emergency stash hidden, it just might save your life.

On Off page:

Lilian

Especially during menopause. Just keep a bag of bon bons and a see's candy deluxe tray on hand, some soap operas on TIVO, and hide any sharp objects in the house. XD