Dragon Hunters

Started by Crowe, November 04, 2011, 07:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaKage

This is a fine situation Cirnelle has gotten herself in. Noticing Eira pulling a vial of liquid, she readied herself just in case something went wrong. "Where did you get that?" Cirnelle asked both for curiosity and uneasiness.
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"
The scorpion replies: "But, little frog, I can swim."

FazzEagle

"Or the better question would be... what exactly -is- that? Poison...?" He eyes the vial for the time being, focusing on that strange purple color.

Crowe

Eira

"Nothing that extreme. Call it a tranquilizer, if you will. Poured into cloth, it can make a person more...willing, to tell the truth." Eira whispered to them. "If you both think we should go in, now is when we make the choice. Otherwise, a simple sleeping gas will allow us to pass by unnoticed." She said, holding another vial, this one a more pale pink.

MiaKage

"I don't know about this...like you said, if we tried to rush him, he'd just call out for help!" She was hesitant to start anything at the moment. Unsure of what Raid's decision would be, she readied herself to rush the merchant just in case. "Maybe kidnap him using the gas first?"
On/Off
A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back because the scorpion cannot swim. The frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion says, "Because if I do, I will die too."
The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream, the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown, but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

FazzEagle

Goraidh scowled when asked to make a decision and looked at Eira herself instead of the vials she was holding onto. "My choice is obvious: there is no way I am allowing filthy Blood Mages to roam about freely here ALIVE any longer." His eyes turned their attention to the tranquilizing liquid. "I say we go with the first vial and find out what they're up to before we deal the finishing blows." Then, sharp eyes turned towards Cirnelle. "Kidnapping him is out of the question - there's no assuring that he won't find a way to call for his 'friends' once he wakes up. That, and we don't want sleeping gas to seep to the outside and rouse suspicion. As I've said just now: I say we just drug the man and let him tell us himself what he knows! Go with the purple vial!"

Crowe

Eira

With a slight wince of hesitance, Eira gives Cirnelle the purple vial and a small piece of cloth. "Wait on my mark." She says as she picks up a small metal shard from the floor and stands up. "Ready..." She tosses the shard to the other side of the guard and it makes a clicking sound.

"Huh?" The man gets up and turns his back to them.

"Go, now!" Eira urges Cirnelle.

MiaKage

Quickly pouring some liquid onto the cloth, and pocketed the vial. Once the order was given, she darted out of the room at a lighting speed. Leaping at the merchant, landing on him shoving the cloth onto his face holding it in place, astonishingly without making very much noise at all. She didn't like doing this to people, it just made her feel uncomfortable, her eyes were shut tight and she refused to remove the cloth until her companions secured him.
On/Off

FazzEagle

Raid stepped outside as well when Cirnelle did just in case the elf would fail in completing her task, but he was relieved when the elf was able to actually put the cloth on the man, forcing him to inhale the toxin. The man felt weak for a moment, but Raid was quick to move to catch him before he could fall onto the floor. Slowly and carefully, he moved the man back onto his chair and then signaled to Eira to come over. As the merchant slowly opened his now zoned-out eyes, Raid stepped back, allowing some space for Eira. "Quickly... but quietly. Elf, keep a look-out to make sure no one else would come down here." Finally, he looked back at the drugged man. "... will he really tell us everything he knows?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira made her way to them without making a sound and stood in front of the man. "He probably works for someone else too, but yes, he'll tell us everything he knows." She said and gently pushed the man back and lifted his head up. "Who are you?" She asked.

"G-Garman.." Came the reply.

"It's working." She told Goraidh before returning her gaze to Garman. "Tell us now, are there Drakes inside this room?" She asked to the point.

"Y-yes...yes.." he responded.

"What are you going to do with them?" Eira asked.

"Sell...them...The mage...he...he needs them..." was the cryptic reply.

Eira looked at Goraidh, thinking about what the implications could be.

FazzEagle

"So it's not what we thought of the first time..." Goraidh said before moving closer to the drugged man, grabbing him by the collar and pulling him close. "How many Drakes are there here and WHY would a Mage need them?"

Crowe

Eira

Eira kept looking back and forth between the man and the door.

"Just two...I...I don't know what they're for..." Garman replied. "The buyer just said that a mage wanted them...didn't say who..." he grumbled.

"Who's the buyer? Are they from Orlais?" Eira asked.

"N-no...Fereldan...Taven...h-his name...Will collect...in...Jader..."

"Looks like this Taven person is the one to ask once we get to Jader. Right now, we should take care of the Drakes." She said, motioning towards the still barred door. "The drug is wearing off. We have to act fast."

MiaKage

"What should we do with him?" Tapping Garman on the head, "Knock him out and throw him into our little hide room? or stuff him into the vent?" She said with a evil grin.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Sounds good to me."

Wasting no time, Goraidh slammed the side of his left hand onto the man's neck, quickly knocking him unconscious and leaving no more room to ask anymore questions. Once again, he carefully and quietly moved the man off the chair, and pulled him across the hallway and into the room they were in earlier. To make sure the man would not cause any trouble, Goraidh tied both his hands together and did the same with his ankles with a rope he found, cut into two prior to the deed. Around the man's mouth he tied the cloth Cirnelle used earlier. Once all of that was done, Goraidh stepped back out again, returning to his two comrades.

"Alright, he's taken care of," he said before looking towards the door, "Now we attack and finish those damn Blood Mages... but we can't recklessly attack them head-on. Well... not all of us anyway." Eyes turned towards Cirnelle before looking back up at the vent. "Elf, climb back up into the vent and prepare yourself. As soon as we barge in you will jump in and flank them, understand? They may be Blood Mages, but they are Mages nonetheless - they would have trouble dealing with attackers up close."

MiaKage

"Gotcha!" She enthusiastically gave him a thumbs up and a grin, before wiggling back into the vent. She found it much easier to move around inside without the armor, and made her way back to where she was before quicker than she expected. The hardest part was wriggling back into her armor in the cramped space. She slid into it as fast as she could, although, because of doing this inside a vent, it didn't fit on properly. Hopefully this wouldn't effect her mobility once she's out of the vent, the thought of it doing so, made her nervous. She slid her way up to the exit, picking out the closest person in robes he could see, sizing him up and making note of the easy to hit vital areas. Being a mage, she had her choice of just about every vital area. Now all she could do, is sit and wait for the signal.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira prepared some traps and powders from her pocket belt. She shot a sharp gaze at Goraidh when he once again didn't address Cirnelle by her name. The girl didn't seem to mind, or maybe she was used to it, but Eira still didn't like it.

"Take the lead. I'll cover you from behind." She told Raid as she readied herself.

FazzEagle

"I guess being an elf and being small has their benefits," Goraidh said, prior to noticing Eira shooting him a sharp scowl, "... what?"  Once she told him that she was ready, Goraidh gave her a nod before pulling out his shield and sword, armed on his left and right respectively. He gave her another look before looking up at the vent, hoping that Cirnelle was ready as ever. "Alright... here goes!" And just like that, the swordsman kicked the door open, preparing the shield in front of him. "Your end is here, Blood Mages...!"

MiaKage

At the sound of the doors bashing open, and the cry of the insufferable noble, Cirnelle sprung into action! Popping the cover off the vent, scrambled out and lunged at the closes robed figure, keeping low pulling her blades out as she moved. With a flash of steel and elven elegance, the first of her blades piercing the man's kidney, the other through his ribs. She quickly retracted the blades and jumped back, reforming herself in a low defensive posture.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira moved quickly behind Goraidh, with her small flasks at the ready. She jumped up behind him and tossed a smoke bomb to the far end of the room, where the mages were getting up, all confused. As she landed, she threw some dust in a Reaver's face while letting Goraidh charge the one in front. Next, she quickly sliced the blinded Reaver's head off his shoulders.

One of the mages was scrambling in the cloud of smoke to open the Drake pens.

"Cirnelle!" Eira shouted so that the girl would stop him while she prepared cut off the other mage, who was trying to escape the room. However, he stopped and began chanting some sort of spell.

At that moment, one additional Reaver, who must've been away, entered the room.

FazzEagle

He shielded himself as the smoke explodes in the distance and while they panicked, Raid charged forward, quickly driving his blade into the man's midsection. After giving one harsh push of his blade, he knocked the man away with his shield at the same time he pulled away his weapon, leaving the man to drop dead onto the floor. "Damn, another one...!" Goraidh cursed as another Reaver joined in the fray. However, before that Reaver could do much, Goraidh charged forward with his shield, slamming it against the Reaver's face, stunning him. Showing his own agility and swift skills, the swordsman quickly spun around, slicing the Reaver's head clean off of his shoulders. He then turned his attention across the room. "Is that all of them...!?"

MiaKage

At the call of Eira, Cirnelle noticed one of the mages in the cloud of smoke around the pins. Quickly reacting, she threw both her daggers at the man with deadly precision, one cutting deep into his shoulder, the other splitting his spine. The mage tried to cling to the pin as he fell, dying with an arm tangled. A quick look around the room, it seemed clear, "I think so..." She was unsure if she was quick enough to stop the mage before he had unlocked the pin though, fearfull of getting close, she decided to hang back and wait before moving towards it to recover her blades.
On/Off

Crowe

Eira

Eira tightly gripped the hand of the mage that was chanting a spell and sliced him across the chest with her Katana. He fell lifeless to the floor. By now, the room was empty, or seemed empty anyway, save for the thrashing Drakes. They had smelt the blood and were getting roused. "Yeah, I think we managed."

Then, amongst the noise of the drakes, they heard weeping from behind a slightly opened floor board. Eira sneaked in close and swiftly opened the floor board and raising her Katana to strike. What she saw was a mage alright, but it was a child, a girl crying and tightly holding a stuffed animal. She could not have been older than twelve. "It's a...child..." She told the others, lowering her weapon.

FazzEagle

Raid quickly swung his blade to the side, forcing the blood to remove itself from his blade before stepping closer to the drakes, seeing them thrash around. "... we'll have to find a way to deal with these Drakes without actually letting them out," he said, "With the way they are now, they'll be viscous from their thirst for blood." When they heard a noise from below, Raid himself had prepared himself to strike, but was just like Eira he was surprised when it turned out to be nothing more but a child. "A child...? Why would a child be doing in a place like this...?" He stepped closer to her, sheathing his blade but keeping his shield out. "Were you kidnapped by these people? ... don't worry; you're safe now."

Crowe

Eira

The girl didn't speak. She was still afraid and just looked away.

Eira knelt down. "It's alright. I am Eira. What's your name?" She asked, holding out her hand to the girl.

The girl looked back and forth between Eira and Raid. Her breaths slowed down a bit. "I-I'm...Claira." She replied, still afraid to come out of the hole.

"Were these men hurting you?" Eira asked, she couldn't help but feel empathy towards the scared girl.

"They...They were taking me to daddy. But they scare me." she replied, finally giving Eira her hand.

"Cirnelle, go make sure nobody else is coming." Eira said as she pulled the girl out of the hole. She proceeded to carefully inspect the girl for any physical harm.

MiaKage

Cirnelle carefully approached the mage hanging on the pin, and grabbed a hold of her blades, placing a foot on him as she pulled them out. "Alright alright," She shook her daggers, flicking the blood off them and onto the floor before replacing them into their sheath. "You might wanna take a look at the drake pins mr noble sir, you'll scare the poor little thing with that mug of yours." Her voice was cheerful once again, taking a crack at Raid hoping to lighten the mood once more. Quietly moving to the door, she opens it up a crack and pokes her head out to watch for intruders.
On/Off

FazzEagle

"Watch how you speak to noble blood, elf," Raid responded - though he refrained himself from saying more in worry of scaring the little girl away. He first rubbed the blood from his face, wondering if that's why the girl was scared to begin with. Stepping away from the girl for now, Raid moved to look down at the drakes still thrashing about, and felt irritated by the noises they made. "Perhaps we should finish these off as soon as possible; the noises they're making might attract unwanted attention." Then, he looked back at Eira. "... you might want to get that girl out of this room for now and make sure she's well. Perhaps try to find out something about this 'father' of hers."