News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Muse/Welcoming FAQs

Started by Amaris, June 10, 2019, 11:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amaris

Muse/Welcoming FAQs.

Elliquiy is an amazing community, please come help us welcome new members!

As some of you know, we've introduced the Muse tag. Elliquiy is more than just a site to write, we are also a community and as a community, we both need and want our members to help us welcome new potential members. New applicants are potential writing partners and friends! We do know there are some questions involved with this, so we hope to be able to answer some of these.

What is a Muse?

Muses are members who give a little of their time to help welcome new members. While Muses are not moderators, the time they give is valued.

What is the Muse Tag?

The muse tag is given to any approved member who posts in the introduction board 5 times within one week. You will keep the badge for every week that you have five or more posts. The Muse tag is automated and will appear for you on Mondays if you have 5 or more posts in the introduction board during the week and will reset the following Monday.

Can I opt out of the Muse tag?

Yes! In your account settings, there is a checkbox for Muse Opt Out. Tick that box and your tag won’t change despite activity in the intros.

What can I post in the introduction?

We encourage our members to stop by the introduction threads, say hello to new applicants and ask them questions to help show what an amazing community this is!

Can I post in an intro even if a staff member has not posted yet?

Yes! Feel free to welcome new members at any time.

Do I have to ask questions?

Absolutely not. Please feel free to just stop in and say hello - questions are not mandatory. Sometimes just seeing friendly faces in the thread will make someone feel very welcome.

What should I avoid?

Please don't post anything that assumes approval. Wording comments in the style of 'if you're approved' rather than 'when' is ideal.

Please keep questions to one per post and recognize that not all applicants want fun or silly questions. If they haven't asked for them, and you can see their preferences in their questionnaire answers, please ask about their writing style and preferences.

What if I hit it off with the applicant and they aren't approved yet?

To make sure that the Approvals Team don't get caught up or lost in pages of entertaining conversation while trying to process an application, if you find you're getting on particularly well with a new applicant please take your conversation over to the Doormat for chatter.

Again we thank every member who takes a little time to come help welcome new applicants!

If you have any more questions or feel something can be added please feel free to PM any of our staff team or post here and we will add to this as needed. If you ask a question that we feel may be better suited for a private conversation we may PM you to follow up as well. Thank you

RedPhoenix

So everyone is allowed to ask questions about writing style and preference? Even of people who have asked not for silly questions or prompts? =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Britwitch

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 10, 2019, 12:30:29 PM
So everyone is allowed to ask questions about writing style and preference? Even of people who have asked not for silly questions or prompts? =)

Yes, questions about RPing in general and writing are fine to ask of anyone.

Current status : Selectively seeking new stories

Madam Striga

Thank you for the clarification! This is a useful reference post <3

Twisted Crow

So, when they already have 2 or more questions to answer...? Can I ask a questions?

Blythe

Quote from: Dallas on June 10, 2019, 02:13:52 PM
So, when they already have 2 or more questions to answer...? Can I ask a questions?

Yes.

We have become a bit more lax about the amount of questions that can be left. If you see someone with two or three (maybe even four) unanswered questions, you can still leave them a query.  :)

Regina Minx

I'm very happy to see this announcement. I feel like there's been a little of confusion about how to help new folks feel welcome, and I haven't wanted to step on any toes or go out of line.

Beguile's Mistress

I've noticed there are times when, by coincidence, all of Staff seems to be busy and newcomers might feel neglected.  That is a great time to pop into the Introduction threads and leave a greeting or a question.  I don't have the time I used to have to do this but will try now and then. 

Blythe

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on June 10, 2019, 02:49:31 PM
I've noticed there are time when, by coincidence, all of Staff seems to be busy and newcomers might feel neglected.  That is a great time to pop into the Introduction threads and leave a greeting or a question.  I don't have the time I used to have to do this but will try now and then.

Yes, please! Folks being able to post a greeting and question for a new member when a Staffer is not available is not only welcome but is encouraged.

Hope to see you in the intros! <3

persephone325

Do posts anywhere in the intro forum count? Like, the Doormat and WotD? Or just specifically intro threads?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Regina Minx on June 10, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
I'm very happy to see this announcement. I feel like there's been a little of confusion about how to help new folks feel welcome, and I haven't wanted to step on any toes or go out of line.

^^ Same. I stayed away for just this reason.

Daeva

Quote from: persephone325 on June 11, 2019, 05:11:42 PM
Do posts anywhere in the intro forum count? Like, the Doormat and WotD? Or just specifically intro threads?

By count you  mean?
Absences Updated 6/15/22 Selectively Accepting New Stories
Ons and Offs & Current Story List | Desired RP's

persephone325

Quote from: Daeva on June 11, 2019, 05:31:05 PM
By count you  mean?

Towards the minimum needed for the Muse tag.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Daeva

The posts that count towards the muse tag are in the actual intro threads. While we do encourage everyone to chat with new members in the Doormat, the posts in the intro's gets the tag.

Twisted Crow

I presume this is done when Staff observes the count, or is this somehow automated and sorted by date? For example, I'm at 6 posts now (I think including whatever I did yesterday).

It is Tuesday, 6/11/2019 (where I am at).

So theoretically, would I keep my Muse tag for a full week or what not from the date that I earn it?

Amaris

It is automated. The program Veks made updates every Monday. So, it would count your posts from Monday-Monday. If you have 5 in between then, the tag remains. If you don't have the tag and start posting on Wednesday, you will get the tag the next Monday. As long as you continue to make 5 posts in between one Monday to the next, the tag remains. Does that make sense? (Sometimes I feel like I ramble lol)

Twisted Crow

So, now with 7-ish posts as of today (Tuesday) on the 11th, I would get a tag next week on next Monday on the 16th. If I understand right, in order to keep it I would have to have a minimum 5 posts by the Monday after that (on the 23rd)?

Hmmm...

Amaris

Yes, since you have 7 posts. You will receive the Muse tag next Monday. The muse tag stays on that entire week. During that week you will need another 5 posts and the Muse tag will stay come the next Monday (23rd).

Lovely Complex

I was wondering why my tag hasn’t changed. Good thing to know now. ^^
💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Nymphadora

I was wondering that myself because I did notice that between when I went to bed last night and signed in this morning, someone I see around regularly now has the Muse tag where they didn't yesterday.

Edit: I figured it must be automated in some fashion, that is. :)

Second edit... or was it someone else I saw?  haha I dunno. I'm enjoying popping in and out of the threads, though. ;)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Daeva

Thank you for that feedback on needing clarification - the opening post has been updated to reflect the time frame needed for the badge :)

Nymphadora

Thanks! That helps. I really think I did confuse more than one person  ::)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Thera Regina

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

Regina Minx

NomDeGuerre

I am a brand new member myself. I have found the welcome here amazing and would like to help make other new folks feel the same. Is it appropriate for me to join in?
NomDeGuerre

Keep company with those who make you better. –English Proverb