Yahoo Instant Messenger?

Started by Blinkin, May 16, 2014, 04:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Anyone out there know what the newest version of YIM that will work with Windows XP?

Thanks

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Vekseid

Oldversion.com has a lot of well, old versions of software. You don't necessarily want the latest:

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/yahoo-messenger/

Blinkin

Thanks for the link, I wasn't looking for the latest, just what the latest version that would work for Windows XP would be. Before I start digging into versions, it's good to know where to stop looking because it won't work.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Oreo

Some might be more secure than others, even though they aren't the newest versions that still work on XP.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Vekseid

Quote from: Blinkin on May 17, 2014, 05:20:09 AM
Thanks for the link, I wasn't looking for the latest, just what the latest version that would work for Windows XP would be. Before I start digging into versions, it's good to know where to stop looking because it won't work.

I meant the latest version that would work. The site claims almost all of these will, but 7 is the most popular version (and definitely works on xp).