Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (Stalemate; a Truce is called!)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zealously Jaded

Soon after Beguile was announced Absinthe congratulated the new Don before headed home. She knew that she would have to get her things in order…the family was weak before but now it would be strong again. She just hoped that Beguile would hold off visiting until she managed to get rid of the excess money in her safe…somehow she doubted it.

Absinthe ran a small bar close to the Salty Seaman usually she would close and send her patrons over to the Seaman…but not before she had made them spend their money.

Remiel

The time for blood feud was imminent.  With the ranks filled, and the positions of leadership chosen, all that remained was for either the Cannolis or the Linguines to make the first move.  The resourceful Capos, well-equipped and well financed, tried to guess who would be first on their enemies' hit lists, and took steps to prepare.

Capos, please PM me with the name of the person you wish to protect.    The first round of voting will begin sometime Tuesday, 6 July. 

To those of you who observe it, happy 4th of July! Be safe!

Remiel

Under the skilled eyes of the Capos, men and resources had been allocated to make sure that a few of their Associates were well-protected.  It was a shame, alas, that they could not safeguard everyone in this manner.

It started as a simple argument, in innocuous enough circumstances.  A low-ranking Linguine goon insulted the honor of a low-ranking Cannoli goon's sister.  The Cannoli voiced his displeasure by laying the Linguine flat out; when he came to, the Linguine gathered up some of his friends and came back that night with baseball bats.  Although they made sure that the Cannoli wouldn't walk again for a few months, they didn't count on some of the Cannoli's own friends waiting for them in an abandoned parking lot with switchblades.   After one of the Linguines had to be sent to the hospital with severe lacerations, things really got ugly.

Little Italy simply wasn't big enough for both Families.  There were only so many protection rackets to be paid, so many crooked cops and judges to bribe, so many stoolies to shake down.  It was only a matter of time before the bullets began to fly.

The Capos have chosen their protectees; it is now time for each side to vote on which member of the other family they want to see sleep with the fishes.  Remember, this is not a popularity contest.  Only one gang will win the Battle for Little Italy; the purpose of the voting is to try to cripple the rival team's organization by getting rid of their high-ranking members.   The voting will continue until 11:59 pm, Friday, 9 July, at which point two teams of hit men will be sent after the Cannoli with the most votes,  and the Linguine with the most votes.  Ties will be broken by the Dons (or the Underbosses, if the Dons haven't voted). Remember that the Dons themselves are immune from being targeted by vote.  You cannot vote for Don Mithlomwen or Don Beguile's Mistress, but anybody else is fair game.

Cannoli Family                                          Linguine Family
Don Mithlomwen                                          Don Beguile's Mistress
Aiden                                          Absinthe Tori
Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Dudelrok                                          Lord Mayerling
Galanthor                                          Rolin
Imogen                                          Thirteenhearts
Moirae                                          Valerian
Ramster                                          Xandi

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile sent out a call to all her associates that a meeting was to be convened at the Salty Seaman to discuss the need to hit the Cannolis and hit them hard.  One of them needed to be eliminated in order to send a message that the Linguines were a force to be reckoned with.

Two ice cubes floated in a glass of bourbon catching the meager light of the lounge area where the Don sat ensconced in a high-backed arm chair looking for all the world like a queen on her throne.  Long slender legs encased in sheer black silk were cross at the knee as she waited patiently for her messages to be acknowledged.  But her patience was not inexhaustible.  Something better start happening and it better start happening soon because if the Cannolis hit first she was not going to be happy at all.

Mithlomwen

Word had gotten back to her that the Linguine family were up to no good again, not that this was surprising news to her, but the business they were up to didn't set well with her at all.  She had heard whispers and rumors that they were once again encroaching on Cannoli territory, trying to bribe certain business associates and cut into their profits. 

The Linguine Family needed to be taught a lesson that no one...but no one stole from the Cannolis, and so it was that Don Mithlomwen put a hit out on Absinthe Tori with the order that they would also receive the message that they were down a family member thanks to the Cannolis, and that if they continued to trespass more would be lost.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Imogen

Imogen exited the Chevrolet that was almost longer than the narrow street it was parked in. No matter, she had always dreamed of having a big car and something as circumstancial as the small streets in Little Italy wouldn't stop her. She lit a cigar and ascended the steps towards the front door and swept into the place Don Mithlomwen had assigned for the first session of the Canelloni war council.

She moved the ashtray to sit upon the table in front of her chosen seat and sank into the chair. Keenly, she looked at the gathered family. "The men are ready. All they need is a target. Who's gonna spaghetti with the fishes tonight, eh?" She leaned forward, elbows on the table. "I suggest we'll take out that gnocchi chewing wench Thirteenhearts. She's taking control of the whatchaknow.. entertainment, and we can't have that, eh?" She sat back. "Unless the Don suggests someone else, that's my vote."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

"I meant Absinthe Tori of course" Imogen tchah'd and smirked, exhaling a plume of smoke to the ceiling.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

thirteenhearts

Thirteen sat at the table and nodded to the members of the Linguine's respectfully.  She licked her blood red lips before taking a stiff drink of gin and gruffly started speaking. 

"Being passive isn't going to fly around here.  I think we can all agree on that.  I don't like how Moirae has been lurking around the Salty Seaman and I think she's up to no good.  Maybe someone should take her for a little ride out to the harbor if you know what I mean."

Valerian

Val bowed her head in respect for their new Don as she arrived, offered a polite greeting, and sat down, carefully smoothing out her skirt, when the Don waved her to a chair.  Val gestured for a drink, which a servant so discreet as to be nearly invisible, quickly brought to her.

With the situation so dire, she decided to get straight to the point.  "We all know that all the Canellonis are trouble," she began, taking a sip of her drink.  "But for what it's worth, I hear that Dudelrok has been making the most noise about coming after us hard.  We might want to try taking him out."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile nodded at thirteen and lifted her glass in acknowledgment before sipping at the dark amber liquid.  She pondered the choice Val made and tipped her glass in that direction also and waited to hear what the others had to say.

"Speak up everyone.  You know the Cannolis aren't sitting on their well-spread fannies waiting to see what we'll do."  Her voice was deep and soft, making the others lean toward her to make out the words.  "It might take an effort for Don Mithlomwen to get them moving but move they will.  If they want to be greedy and keep everything for themselves instead of sharing with their betters..."  She shrugged then as though the idea was less than meaningless.

EDIT:  Sorry, Val.  I didn't mean to overlook you.

Ramster

Ramster sipped his glass of grappa with a smirk as his fellow Cannoli decided on a target. He'd had trouble deciding which of the notorious Linguine should take a dirt nap first, but now Don Mith had spoken, and everyone who'd opened their mouths until now agreed, he was happy to go along with the boss. "Sounds like that Absinthe Tori has made an unfortunate mistake," he nodded. "We've got to start somewhere. Let Absinthe Tori sleep with the fishes tonight."
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Aiden

Standing with a stoic face across his features, the man of few words nodded his agreement on taking out Absinthe Tori no matter if she did have on hell of a pair of gams.  Aiden was as tight lipped as a devout catholic nun, so he had no reason to waste his breath speaking out if the boss already had her target picked out.

Tharic

Rolinzio walked slowly through the bar of the Salty Seaman, his bat resting on his shoulder still. "Eh, oh, so I certainly sees a trend heres. All da Cannolis is good at iz followin a lead. Me personally, I think since we can't get rid of Don Mithlomwen yet.. "

Rolinzio paused, looking his fellow Linguines slowly up and down and raising his bat.. "yet... "

He continued pacing through the bar, "But we can at least get rid of da first one who voted her in, si? I'd recommend Moirae for da vote since she was da first who voted for Don Mithlomwen..For all we knowz, da rest of da fargin Cannolis just followed her lead."

Galanthor

Galanthor was drinking some red wine, looking at his comarades in deep though...

"Valerian's reputation is nearly as high as the don's...i'm sure she's the underboss...an important target but not right now...we gotta aim for the capo and the assasins...i have no clue which one that might be, so we could easily kill Absinthe Tori as well as any other."

Nipping at his glass he smiled. The first strike would mean war and on the end of it...the city is bound to burn. The winning party will be able to raise it from the ashes, shaping it from the beginning

One gone, seven on the run then, he thought.

DudelRok

Each vote came with a snort from Dudel's nose. Shit, didn't matter who he voted for now, did it? "'ell if I'm rockin' the boat after the noise I's makin' before." He'd been there awhile, trying to pander to the new Don and keep on her good side. He didn't need anyone thinking anything they shouldn't be thinking, he was loyal and would do what duties were asked of him.

"Absinthe Tori it is then, eh?" Again, like it really mattered at all. Do as the Don said, keep you head down and be a good loyal dog were his only options right now. "Betta than using some dice." The thought made him chuckle, who would leave someone's life up to chance? A fool maybe?

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Cassiopeia

Cassiopeia sipped her glass of red wine slowly, savoring the vintage as she took in the others thoughts and words.  It would be interesting to see the changes amongst their family now that Mithlomwen was Don, and she admitted to herself that she liked this aggressive first move.  Certainly there were others who could have been more powerful within the Linguine family, ones who had more pull, but what was important now was for their family to be united and of one mind.  That was the only way they would ever be able to maintain a hold on Little Italy.

With a nearly impassive face she set her glass down on the table and brushed her strawberry locks back so the others could meet her eyes.  Crossing her long legs, covered by the slim-fit skirt of her understated black dress, she folded her hands into her lap and ever so calmly and without emotion stated, "Absinthe Tori should be the first we use to send our message."  Her cool blue-green eyes never once faltered or seemed to have any doubt as her slender hand reached for the glass once more and brought it up to her full lips.

Autumn52

Xandi arrived late to the meet that the Don had called and was nervous as she enter the room. She looked to Don Beguile and made her apologies for her lateness.

Xandi looked around and said, "I think Dudelrok needs to sleep with the fishes and I have a pair of cement boots waitin for him. That guy has got a big mouth and he gets on my nerves. Plus I think it might send a good message to the Cannolis if one of their tough guys got the lights out. Just my opinion of coarse."

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

Moirae had been quietly listening to the votes and words of those around her, idly sipping from a glass of wine and not once letting her gaze rest as it continually moved from door to door, window to window.  "I'll agree with the majority and say Absinthe Tori." 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Lord Mayerling

The comte di Mayerglione sat directly across the table from his Donna. His eyes were shaded by a grey fedora, his face was emotionless. He remembered a time when the Cannolis and Linguines worked together on the blocks between Mott and Mulberry.

A puff of cigar smoke swirled from his lips at he looked at Donna Mistress, the veritable Queen of the family. She hadn’t voiced her vote yet, and if he knew her, she would only allow herself to be the final voice from the table. He tried not to look like he was staring, but the expressionless face he wore made it extremely difficult.

Dudelrok and Moirae had been the names expressed thus far. He knew both of them personally, and had worked with both of them before prior to Pastrami’s death, which would make either of their deaths that much more personal to him. Moirae, in particular, he had been fond of, especially her taste in music.

Had been fond of.

Moirae,” Mayerglione stubbed out his cigar. “Dat bitch don’t deserve to live anoder night.” He then stood up and took his leave, wrapping his coat about his shoulders. He needed a whore.

Zealously Jaded

Wanders into the meeting a little late and a more then half cut... it was a very good party she ahd been in. "Sorry I'm late...been celebrating my birthday...who are we going to kill?" She giggled softly hicuping slightly. "Hmmm I'm going to have to say... "Moirae." She sat down slowly.

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile looked around the empty room a slow smile of satisfaction spreading across her scarlet painted lips.  It had been a good evening.  The hit had been decided and Moirae Cannoli would be fish food this time tomorrow.  The lady rose gracefully from her chair and smoothed the red silk dress over her hips, picked up her jacket and headed for her limousine.

Remiel

And so, as the first day came to a close, it was decided.  The Cannolis, falling into lockstep behind their Don, agreed unanimously that an example must be made of Absinthe Tori, while the Linguines, although much less of one mind, eventually decided that Moirae would be the first to taste the wrath of the Linguine family.   Contract killers, hit men-for-hire, were paid and contracted to hunt down and eliminate their targets.  Surely Moirae's time was running out, as was that of Absinthe Tori.

Yet all hope was not entirely lost.  The Capos still stood between the hit men and their victims; did they have enough prescience to guess correctly?  The neighborhood would know soon enough, with the rising of the sun.

Meanwhile, word had reached both Dons that there lurked traitors in their ranks, cowardly Rats who had sold out to their rivals.  Simultaneously, the Consiglieres got busy hitting up their contacts, and calling in favors, trying to discern who among them was in the enemy's pocket. 

And then there were the Assassins, who lurked in the shadows, biding their time...

--------

The first night has fallen.  Consiglieres, please PM me with the name of the person you wish to investigate;  Bodyguards, please do likewise with the name of the person you wish to protect.  Assassins, please let me know if you wish to take your shot tonight, and if so, who your victim is.   Moirae and Absinthe Tori are still alive, as of this moment.

Aiden                                          Absinthe Tori
Cassiopeia                                          Esoteric Myobi
Dudelrok                                          Lord Mayerling
Galanthor                                          Rolin
Imogen                                          Thirteenhearts
Moirae                                          Valerian
Ramster                                          Xandi

Remiel

Despite the baking heat, an ill wind blew through the urban streets, industrial yards, and gritty harbors of Little Italy.   The fragile peace, maintained for so long by Don Pastrami, could never last.  A red moon cast its ichorous pall upon the city, which had settled into a troubled and uneasy sleep. 

As if on cue, a scream shattered the night, soon to be chorused by barking dogs and babies' cries.  Police sirens blared throughout the tourist district.  The blood-soaked body of Absinthe Tori, a Linguine Associate, riddled with bullets from a Thompson automatic rifle, was found in an alley, not far from the very nightclub where she'd been celebrating her birthday. 

But hers was not the only life that would come to a tragic and untimely end that night.  In the morning, a humble fisherman would find the body of Moirae, the Cannoli Capo, wrapped in chickenwire and wearing concrete shoes, in his dredge-nets.  Moirae would be able to guard her fellow Cannolis no longer.

However, even that wasn't the end of the gruesome chain of events.  Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, was found by his family, in his car, slumped over the steering wheel, a .30-06 bullet hole directly between his eyes.  He had been killed instantly, the victim of the Cannoli Assassin. Like Moirae, he could now be able to protect his compatriots no more.

Absinthe Tori, Moirae, and Lord Mayerling, you have all been killed.   Unfortunately, this means you can no longer post in this thread, but feel free to comment in the Out of Character thread all you like. 

As both Capos are deceased,  let's go ahead and jump right into the next day, and the round of voting.  Voting will end at 11:59, Thursday 15 July.

Aiden                                          Esoteric Myobi
Cassiopeia                                          Rolin
Dudelrok                                          thirteenhearts
Galanthor                                          Valerian
Imogen                                          Xandi
Ramster                                          Lord Mayerling (Capo)
Moirae (Capo)                                          Absinthe Tori (Associate)

Beguile's Mistress

Don Beguile’s paced back and forth in the lounge of The Salty Seaman her four-inch heels cracking loudly on the hard wooden floor, long, slender legs clad in sheer black silk flashing beneath the short black leather skirt.  Her breasts heaved inside the black lace blouse she wore as she took one deep breath after another trying to get her temper under control.

“Two!  Those damn Cannolis took out two of our people.”  Tears formed in the thickly lashed eyes but she refused to let them fall.  A bottle of bourbon sat on the polished surface of the bar.  She picked it up looked for a glass and finding none shrugged and took a long pull from the mouth of the bottle.  Sucking in another deep breath between her teeth she slammed the bottle on the bar causing a drop of amber liquid to fly up and splash the back of her hand.  She stared at it for a second then licked it off.

“I am not taking this lying down,” she growled to the empty room.  “They may have the numbers but we have the brains and we are going to beat them at their own game.”  That being said the Don took a seat and waited for the rest of her family to arrive so they could discuss which Cannoli was going to be taken out next.  She lifted the bottle once more, took another long drink then threw the bottle across the room, narrowly missing the head of a Linguine family member just entering.  Glass shattered and bourbon ran down the wall to puddle on the floor.

thirteenhearts

Thirteen barged through the doors of The Salty Seaman dragging one of the dancers by her hair behind her.  "Get to work you fucking whore!  I'm sick of you being late"  Yelling at the dancer and pushing her towards the center.  Thirteen was in a rage after finding out that the other mafia had murdered two of her comrades.  The dancer tried to wipe the black mascara running down her cheeks as she hobbled towards the stage.

In the commotion, Thirteen barely saw the bottle that was hurling towards her head, thankfully missing her by about a foot and crashing against the wall.  She looked over to see her Don at the bar and walked over to join her in a huff.  "Gimme a gin" she barked at the bartender already smelling the bourbon on Don Beguile's Mistress.  She could only imagine how displeased her Don was and decided the best thing to do was to take action quickly.  Leaning towards her Don so that the barkeep wouldn't over hear the conversation she whispered:  "That bastard Aiden has it coming next!"