Fictional Earth 019346: Seeds of the Apocalypse (DC/Marvel) [Always Open!]

Started by TheBlackThrone, October 11, 2021, 11:57:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackThrone

I think I'm going to withdraw my character since I anticipate doing a lot of GM-ing. I presented the sample CS that got people finally dropping CSes here, so my mission is complete.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Bowen

I think he's ready now. I'll work out his past another time.

Face Claim:Brandon Myles White
Personal
Name: Damon of Olympus
Alias: None, just goes by Damon
Birthdate: September 7, 5019. [Virgo]
Current Residence: Nomad
Birthplace: Olympus
Hometown: Old San Francisco, its where his mom lived
Allegiance: Drifter

Appearance
Race: Demigod
Height: 6′6″ (2 m)
Weight: 520 lbs (235.87 kg)
Hair: dirty blonde, short
Eyes: emerald green, vivid
Complexion: olive
Overall Appearance: Damon is tall, athletically bulky man. Big, strong and functional. He keeps his dirty blond hair short. He usually has some scruff going on for facial hair. Tattoos on his body include Cerberus and a Bident but they are not openly on display.

Psychology
Personality: Being the son of the 'devil' gives you a unique childhood. Hades was an arrogant, cold and stygian sort of ruler. When Zeus bent his knee, something inside him changed. He wanted a son that was more in the heroic mold. Damon grew up with the ideals of a hero tempered by the environment. He hunts down villain's for his bounties to get them off the streets. He comes across as a bit dangerous and dark. Yet when something happens children find themselves behind him being protected. Animals seem to like him too. He has a cautious approach but tries to do good things where he can.
Likes: A good meal, philosophy, a good scrap, puzzles, people who are genuine, animals/children
Dislikes: Bullies, laziness, being cold
Personal Goals: Mad at Zeus for forgetting he was the man that put down the titans. Wants to free Olympus/Hades from Doom
Psychological Condition: He doesn't sleep well. The nightmares of his father's realm seem to find him more than they find other people. Damon tries not to complain about this. There is always a price for having power.

Relationships
Relationship Status: Single

Family:
Hades - Father, basically a prisoner in his own castle serving Doom. Has never met Hades face to face.
Zatanna - Mother, whereabouts unknown. All he has of her is one of her spell books
Siblings Open

Friends: Open
Acquaintances: Open
Rivals: Open
Enemies: Doom

Weapons & Gear
Most Greek heroes get a weapon, armour...a companion. Maybe there is a bident, helmet and a Cerberus pup out there for him. So far no birthday presents. Ever.

Armor or Clothing
<a href="https://assets.mycast.io/characters/sephiroth-20662-normal.jpg?1600541770"> Armour</a>
Description: He can wear normal clothes, they are usually black and grey. Under his shirt he has a ruby pendant from his mom. Its not the Sargon pendant. When out on a hunt he wears his leathers. He's trying to find a mage that will let his armour switch to normal clothing of his desire so he can blend in to any place/function on the fly. Right now his leather jacket is just normal hardened leather and steel. He has tried healing it with a spell when it gets damaged but that never works. He has learned to repair it but takes it to a local blacksmith.

Powers
Legacy of Hades
Superhuman Strength: Hades is physically stronger than most Olympian gods. He is capable of lifting about 75 tons without using his powers to supplement his strength. His physical strength is known to be matched by Neptune and Ares and to be surpassed by Zeus and Hercules. How much of this strength Damon has inherited is up in the air at the moment. He's strong, very strong, but also young and growing.
Hellfire: He is capable of creating mystical flame (to which he himself is immune) or weapons of mystical flame such as a spear or sword, whose touch can paralyze an opponent. Damon usually creates a flaming trident or bident, depending on his mood.

Legacy of Zatanna
Healing: Zatanna can heal herself or whoever she choses from most injuries. Damon isn't sure if he can regenerate a limb.
Teleportation: Zatanna can send herself and/or anyone to anyplace she/they wish to visit without any space/time restrictions. Yeah that isn't Damon yet. He can teleport with one other person to anyplace either of them have visited. He has the space part going but not so much the time.

Weaknesses:
Vulnerability to Magic: As a supernatural being magic is part of his heritage and has a sway over him. While he can fight things off like most people, he can also be summoned into a circle.
Partly Human: Still needs to eat, sleep and breathe. He isn't invulnerable or immortal (well not yet, he figures there is a lot of precedence with Heracles and eating ambrosia...that is for another day though).
Teleportation: This is tiring. He can teleport somewhere and then out of that place if its an ambush or something but then he can't exercise that mystical muscle for a bit. A few hours napping would be best a few hours not fighting will allow him another jump.
No formal training: He has learned all of his abilities through trail and error. He has his mother's spell book, well one of them anyways, but he's always learning spells as if they were innate abilities so at least he doesn't have to speak them backwards but they do come slower. No training montage and he's suddenly mastered the book.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Bowen on October 17, 2021, 08:44:02 PM
I think he's ready now. I'll work out his past another time.

Face Claim:Brandon Myles White
Personal
Name: Damon of Olympus
Alias: None, just goes by Damon
Birthdate: September 7, 5019. [Virgo]
Current Residence: Nomad
Birthplace: Olympus
Hometown: Old San Francisco, its where his mom lived
Allegiance: Drifter

Appearance
Race: Demigod
Height: 6′6″ (2 m)
Weight: 520 lbs (235.87 kg)
Hair: dirty blonde, short
Eyes: emerald green, vivid
Complexion: olive
Overall Appearance: Damon is tall, athletically bulky man. Big, strong and functional. He keeps his dirty blond hair short. He usually has some scruff going on for facial hair. Tattoos on his body include Cerberus and a Bident but they are not openly on display.

Psychology
Personality: Being the son of the 'devil' gives you a unique childhood. Hades was an arrogant, cold and stygian sort of ruler. When Zeus bent his knee, something inside him changed. He wanted a son that was more in the heroic mold. Damon grew up with the ideals of a hero tempered by the environment. He hunts down villain's for his bounties to get them off the streets. He comes across as a bit dangerous and dark. Yet when something happens children find themselves behind him being protected. Animals seem to like him too. He has a cautious approach but tries to do good things where he can.
Likes: A good meal, philosophy, a good scrap, puzzles, people who are genuine, animals/children
Dislikes: Bullies, laziness, being cold
Personal Goals: Mad at Zeus for forgetting he was the man that put down the titans. Wants to free Olympus/Hades from Doom
Psychological Condition: He doesn't sleep well. The nightmares of his father's realm seem to find him more than they find other people. Damon tries not to complain about this. There is always a price for having power.

Relationships
Relationship Status: Single

Family:
Hades - Father, basically a prisoner in his own castle serving Doom. Has never met Hades face to face.
Zatanna - Mother, whereabouts unknown. All he has of her is one of her spell books
Siblings Open

Friends: Open
Acquaintances: Open
Rivals: Open
Enemies: Doom

Weapons & Gear
Most Greek heroes get a weapon, armour...a companion. Maybe there is a bident, helmet and a Cerberus pup out there for him. So far no birthday presents. Ever.

Armor or Clothing
<a href="https://assets.mycast.io/characters/sephiroth-20662-normal.jpg?1600541770"> Armour</a>
Description: He can wear normal clothes, they are usually black and grey. Under his shirt he has a ruby pendant from his mom. Its not the Sargon pendant. When out on a hunt he wears his leathers. He's trying to find a mage that will let his armour switch to normal clothing of his desire so he can blend in to any place/function on the fly. Right now his leather jacket is just normal hardened leather and steel. He has tried healing it with a spell when it gets damaged but that never works. He has learned to repair it but takes it to a local blacksmith.

Powers
Legacy of Hades
Superhuman Strength: Hades is physically stronger than most Olympian gods. He is capable of lifting about 75 tons without using his powers to supplement his strength. His physical strength is known to be matched by Neptune and Ares and to be surpassed by Zeus and Hercules. How much of this strength Damon has inherited is up in the air at the moment. He's strong, very strong, but also young and growing.
Hellfire: He is capable of creating mystical flame (to which he himself is immune) or weapons of mystical flame such as a spear or sword, whose touch can paralyze an opponent. Damon usually creates a flaming trident or bident, depending on his mood.

Legacy of Zatanna
Healing: Zatanna can heal herself or whoever she choses from most injuries. Damon isn't sure if he can regenerate a limb.
Teleportation: Zatanna can send herself and/or anyone to anyplace she/they wish to visit without any space/time restrictions. Yeah that isn't Damon yet. He can teleport with one other person to anyplace either of them have visited. He has the space part going but not so much the time.

Weaknesses:
Vulnerability to Magic: As a supernatural being magic is part of his heritage and has a sway over him. While he can fight things off like most people, he can also be summoned into a circle.
Partly Human: Still needs to eat, sleep and breathe. He isn't invulnerable or immortal (well not yet, he figures there is a lot of precedence with Heracles and eating ambrosia...that is for another day though).
Teleportation: This is tiring. He can teleport somewhere and then out of that place if its an ambush or something but then he can't exercise that mystical muscle for a bit. A few hours napping would be best a few hours not fighting will allow him another jump.
No formal training: He has learned all of his abilities through trail and error. He has his mother's spell book, well one of them anyways, but he's always learning spells as if they were innate abilities so at least he doesn't have to speak them backwards but they do come slower. No training montage and he's suddenly mastered the book.

Looks good. Approved.
The gates are open

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Vi Violet

Hey, so I have a question and maybe I just missed that somewhere. But how are Powers handled that a supposed parent got from something that isn't like... In their DNA so to say? Like, for example, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Venom, etc?
Availability: Maybe
O&Os | A&As | RP Ideas | Search | Artsy

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Vi Violet on October 18, 2021, 06:53:41 AM
Hey, so I have a question and maybe I just missed that somewhere. But how are Powers handled that a supposed parent got from something that isn't like... In their DNA so to say? Like, for example, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Venom, etc?

Those would need a whole spin written on them or they just didn't happen. You would have to run a story by me, but if it required another character making them like in the Silver Surfer's case and Galactus not being a thing here with the present godly beings, that character won't be an option.
The gates are open

Vi Violet

That makes sense, gotcha. Silver Surfer was just an example, I think that level of power would be a bit too powerful anyway.
Availability: Maybe
O&Os | A&As | RP Ideas | Search | Artsy

RainyHigh

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on October 17, 2021, 08:07:09 PM
I think I'm going to withdraw my character since I anticipate doing a lot of GM-ing. I presented the sample CS that got people finally dropping CSes here, so my mission is complete.

I see what you did there. O.o

Edit: I meant to say that it worked, cuz I also was one that started on the CS after seeing the example. XD
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

Juggtacular

Kadigan

The only name he could copyright?

Megamind  represent yo.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Kadigan on October 19, 2021, 09:14:16 AM
The only name he could copyright?

Mastermind represent yo.

He's proud to have that name. You know how hard it is to get a copyright in this day and age of total rule over our planet by 4 evil god-like beings?

Besides it was Tighten. Completely different name, meaning and intellectual property.  XD

TheBlackThrone

Monthly bump. We are always looking for more unique characters. We have a nice and dedicated cast willing to take this story places. Each character has a motivation and journey to take. If you think an open world sandbox in a post-apocalyptic and mysterious setting would interest you, then please apply. Be sure to state your reservations so I can reserve them. Remember your character's parents must be one from DC and the other from Marvel.
The gates are open

Wolfling72

It's been a good read, I can tell you that. I look forward to seeing what else y'all get up to.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Deathnote

So... I've been going over a few possible combinations in my head.

Think Red Arrow and Black Widow would work?

I'm also considering Wonder Woman and Captain America.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Deathnote on November 09, 2021, 10:58:19 PM
So... I've been going over a few possible combinations in my head.

Think Red Arrow and Black Widow would work?

I'm also considering Wonder Woman and Captain America.

Maybe draft both CSes and see which one you like most to start with. If you are in the game for a month, then a second character slot will be unlocked for you and you can also add the second one.
The gates are open

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas

TheBlackThrone

The gates are open

Empyrean

I'm tentatively interested. I was thinking a daughter of Thor and Circe. Would that work?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Empyrean on November 15, 2021, 03:06:20 PM
I'm tentatively interested. I was thinking a daughter of Thor and Circe. Would that work?

I'm mostly curious what your story idea would be for Thor to go with a supervillain.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

Circe could have enchanted him like Amora usually does and then...stuff.

Empyrean

QuoteI'm mostly curious what your story idea would be for Thor to go with a supervillain.

My thought is that when Asgard bent the knee, Thor refused to accept it. He tried to fight the Four and even Mighty Thor fell in the end. Circe, having already surrendered to the Four (and having had Amora killed in a spate of jealous rivalry), was assigned to take the unconscious, wounded Thor to Latveria for recovery and indoctrination. Circe took the opportunity to indulge her spite against Amora by ensorcelling Thor while he was unconscious and tricking him into thinking that she was the Lady Sif, his love. They conceived a child before the enchantment was dispelled by an unamused Doom. Doom found Thor a little too resistant to the brainwashing process, and incorruptible in his morals. As a test of his father's loyalty, Doom required Odin to slay his own son with the axe Jarnbjorn.  For having conceived an Asgardian child without Doom's say-so, Doom exiled Circe to the ruins of New York, to bear her daughter and prove her loyalty to Doom through adversity. Doom secretly keeps an eye on both mother and daughter, awaiting the time they prove themselves useful enough to bring back into the Latverian fold.

TheBlackThrone

I don't allow parent killing in this game because your character may not be the only one who comes from those parents, so this won't work. Also, Doom didn't brainwash them. They were subjugated.
The gates are open

Juggtacular

That entire thing could work, just instead of Thor getting killed, he escapes in the process. Maybe he calls down the biggest lightning bolt ever or gets spirited away by Heimdall or some other mcguffin. Odin made the attempt so Doom is appeased, Thor is still alive in hiding(and able to have more kids), and Circe still gets exiled.

TheBlackThrone

Amora getting killed won't work either.

Plain and simple, if you have to kill characters in your back story in order to make your back story work, then the concept won't be accepted.
The gates are open

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.