Interest Check: Superhero RP

Started by Leonis, January 16, 2010, 10:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonis

Anyone want to do a group RP about superheroes and supervillains? I'm currently trying to come up with a setting. I was thinking that it would be interesting if each player was assigned a random generic superpower, and they would be challenged to create a character out of it. I don't know, I'll have to see what the people here think.

Callie Del Noire

I think it would be more fun to do a Paragon's style game (Mutants and Masterminds 'Real world setting' uses stuff like Ultimate Marvel, Heroes and such as sources).

Have paranormals build around a power..but making it random can kind of..well bite.

Leonis

Well, to clarify, your characters must be original, but you can use common superpowers (super strength, super speed, flight, stretchy limbs, etc. etc.)

AthenaNude

I have two questions which I need to ask before delving any deeper:

Freeform or system-based?

Light or Extreme?

Brandon

Ya know guys there's already a large super hero game on Elliquiy that been run by Bishrook for years. The board is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=249.0

It may or may not be what you're looking for but I figured I would mention it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheVillain

1.) While the generic power then work a character idea is interesting, I'm not sure that it's the best way to get players.

2.) I was under the impression that Bishrook wasn't taking any more players at the moment.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Brandon

Honestly Im not sure what the status of the game is since I stopped playing several years ago. I figured it might be what some people wanted in a super hero roleplay since we created it as an open ended style game

If you're interested in it I would say PM her or write something in the OOC area
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

TheVillain

Too be honest I got curious and PM'ed Bishrook myself, but you can if you wish.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Elven Sex Goddess

I was going to point out the Century city game.   As I have been off and on with that game.  With multiple of characters heroines and villains.   But I refrained, cause why not another super power game.    I have been involved in a few of these games.  Free form tends to be too much of a lure for god mode with the super powers  with players.   

So a system such as Mutants & Masterminds be good.

The game can be set up with super hero side and the super villain side.       Each group has their own in character thread for when in their super persona.   A third thread for encounters can be set up.    The villains are given targets to rob or attack.   The heroes are on call to respond.   The DM can roll to see who responds out of those not already combating a villain plot.  Finally a fourth thread can be set up.  For role play interaction between all while in secret identity.    Of course those that don't have a real secret identity would always be in their super persona.  Which could be a real drawback if a villain for sure and still a hindrance for a hero. 

As far as sexual content well that is up to you.  What level of explicit content did you want to go.

thebobmaster

I like the idea of it, but I'd be more interested in it if the players were tasked to create their own power as well, trying to make it balanced, but still powerful, with each player having their own power.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Katina Tarask

I could get in on an M&M game.  I've been meaning to learn the system for a while.

TheVillain

Not sure anybody in any real position to implement it really said anything about using a system- but I like it.

AthenaNude

Systems are sometimes less conducive to sexual matters and get bogged down in details and minutia.  I don't want to have to learn a lot of different game systems in order to just enjoy a creative and fun sexual roleplay.  I would not entirely rule out a system-based approach, but I'm much less inclined towards going that route, in general.  If it is freeform I'd say the person running the roleplay should have veto power on anything that goes too far into god-moding, and that goes for villains as well as heroes.  Under the right circumstances I want my heroine or villainess to get captured and used/abused!  LOL  The problem stems with getting the right circumstances.  How about if we gave a write up of what we want our heroine to be like and what types of villainesses we prefer (or alternately, provide write-ups of our villainess and what types of heroines we want her to be defeated by?).  A lot of this will depend on what percentage of Ons and Offs are going to be compatible between the players, which I'm starting to see is the really tricky bit required to getting a roleplay that everyone wants and is excited by.

Leonis

All right, I was considering coming up with something of a backstory for how the real world would treat superpeople, and design your characters with that in mind. When a character bio is posted, we'll need our peers to evaluate it to cut down on god mode powers. Here's a template to follow:

Supername goes here
Alignment:
Height: (Certain superpowers may affect this dramatically)
Weight: (Certain superpowers may affect this dramatically)
Appearance: (Eye color, hair color, skin color, facial features, build)
Suit/Equipment: (Describe their supersuit, and equipment if they have any)
Powers: (If they're normal people with extraordinary equipment, like Batman or Iron Man, describe what their stuff can do.)
Background:

Hopefully this RP won't be filled with Dark Age antiheroes with single-syllable supernames...

Tagan

I'm quite interested in this, but really only if there is a system basis for it.  I find superhero games have a strong tendancy to god-mode, and I don't enjoy that...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on January 17, 2010, 03:10:57 PM
I'm quite interested in this, but really only if there is a system basis for it.  I find superhero games have a strong tendancy to god-mode, and I don't enjoy that...

I second that. :D

TheVillain

I find it depends on the players, but you have a point.

Mine is, I'm good either way- and am more then happy to shank god-moders. MWAHAHAHAHA!

Callie Del Noire

Not to mention I got a character (basically a mad science experiment in alien nanotech that escaped) who has several discrete forms..

Mutants and Masterminds (and Hero Lab) helped me define Wartoy that way. :D

Leonis

If you are going to use a system, please explain it in detail, as I don't know of any superhero roleplaying systems.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Leonis on January 17, 2010, 03:30:58 PM
If you are going to use a system, please explain it in detail, as I don't know of any superhero roleplaying systems.

Mutants and Masterminds, a d20 derivative that uses Power points to create any of a variety of 'Power Levels' from PL 1 (Joe average) to PL 20+ (ie.. Galactus). I've seen PL 10 write ups of Superman, the Hulk and others on the Atomic Think Tank Forums (the company forums for the game)

It's available in hardback AND pdf.

TheVillain

Mutants and Masterminds, go look it up. It's a very fun system, based on a point buy system that is surprisingly versatile.

Leonis

I have an idea for a superhero that controls plasma (a state of matter that is neither solid, liquid, nor gas), but I'm not sure how that would work, exactly.

On the other hand, my supervillian has a simple but well-defined power: he creates a void of nothingness where nothing can exist, and everything that enters the void will cease to exist.

TheVillain

Void would be based on disintegrate, Plasma would be based on Fire Control and Blast. The system works because you look for the mechanics of what you want and work backwards.

I'm personally leaning a cyborg who can interface with computers- essentially a telepath that does his thing with machines instead of people. He mostly uses his powers to make art over the internet.

Of course, he's got a bit of a secret- that he got the implants because he used to be an anti-mutant bigot and is supposed to be using them to hunt down and murder mutants but figured out pretty quick that the most common strategy is to kill them when they are still too young to have much mastery over their powers. The artwork is too eat processor time, subverting his primary program paradigm.

Too grimdark?

Kane Gunlock

I'm interested is there room for one more?

Leonis

Quote from: Kane Gunlock on January 17, 2010, 04:01:50 PM
I'm interested is there room for one more?

Considering we don't have any character profiles yet...

TheVillain

Coyote
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 136 pounds
Appearance: With Brown hair and brown eyes, his native American heritage is still visible despite his health problems. Slightly pale and much too thin, he looks like he just woke up from a coma that's been for years- which isn't completely wrong.
Suit/Equipment: In an interesting play on super-heroics, Coyote has no real costume as he rarely battles physical crime directly. In truth, he can barely walk, let alone throw a kick. Acting almost entirely in cyberspace he mostly concentrates on cybercrime and feeding information to more physical superheroes. His highly stylized Coyote head avatar is usually seen connected to his hobby of internet art but has also saved the bacon of many a hero.
Powers: While in the physical world he has very little power, but thanks to a highly experimental implant he is essentially a telepath with computers and machines instead of people. This is supplemented with his trained skill as a hacker. He's also can enhance his intelligence to super-genius levels by interfacing with supercomputers.
Background: Born on a particularly poor reservation, Jeremy Cloud did have a brief fascination with electronic devices before his accident. A car wreck when he was six put him in what appeared to be a coma, but a couple years into it the doctors figured out that he was in fact conscious for a couple of hours a day.
Not really in a coma, but with damage in the part of his brain that controls conscious movement, the pattern did become steady enough for tutoring. Finally, a couple months ago, there was a breakthrough in human/machine interaction and Jeremy was in line for an experimental implant. The idea was to use computers to replace damage sections of the brain- and in Jeremy's case it was a success. Not only could he move again, but he could "move" in cyberspace as well.
Which is really a shame, because he discovered the mind control protocals in the base computers. Using his implant to program in protection- Coyote was born training to hack among the best computer scientists in the country. Finally rescued physically by superheroes, Coyote helps out as an information broker per excellence.

Tagan

I'm leaning towards a speedster who's not really moving super fast, she's just slowed down the temporal flow.

I'll download the M&M book and make up a character soon.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Tagan on January 17, 2010, 10:57:17 PM
I'm leaning towards a speedster who's not really moving super fast, she's just slowed down the temporal flow.

I'll download the M&M book and make up a character soon.

Gives a whole NEW take on 'Fast Woman'. :D

Tagan

Well, 'actually' moving super fast, and her hair and clothes would end up a mess... and spandex hoods are just not my idea of fashion, superheroine or not.

Callie Del Noire

"Do you realize just how FOUL the drain in your average toilet, shower drain or sink is? And you wonder why I'm cranky when I do that?"

Character Name: Anna Bancroft aka 'Wartoy'
Citizenship:American
Played by: Callie Del Noire
Height:varies, typically between 5' and 6' 6"
Weight: varies, typically between 200 and 310 lbs

Description: By the very nature of her nanotech nature she has no set appearance. Since her transformation, she has taken to creating a variety of 'looks' when she isn't in one of her 'combat forms'. Recently she has gone back to various 'character' models based on MMO characters she had made, touched up for 'real life.' When she has need to, she can do an astonishingly detailed duplication of anyone she has had a chance to meet. The more detailed an examination she under takes, the better her duplication of someone she can pull off. Typically she can maintain her 'normal form' or 'brick form' while posing as someone else.

Character Summary:  The only daughter of MIT Nano-tech genius William Bancroft, she was kidnapped by a shadowy organization called The Collective. They demanded that he retroengineer an alien nanocolony sample they had obtained. He set to work immediately and was making headway when one of his 'handlers' decided to test one of the samples on Anna to test the viability of the experiment.

She literally melted into pile of silver goo, as did the other nine experimental cases. Unlike all others, she managed to pull herself back together and incorporate the alien nano-hivemind into a viable neuranet that allowed her to maintain control of her physical structure. Her father killed himself when he found out that she had been killed in the test, eliminating most of The Collective's datanet and all remaining nano-cultures. Along with all other carbon based life within a 2 mile radius.

Personality:  She is normally dour and sarcastic, with a temper that borders of sheer fury when cornered by Collective units. She is starting to reconnect with her emotions and rebuild herself as she adapts to her condition. She tends to look for 'models' on how to behave when she is 'in role' and hiding from the Collective forces.

Abilities
Nanite based bodyform
-Typically she can maintain any form her mind can picture, and her perceptive ability to model three dimensional object is greatly enhanced. Also she can reconfigure and rebuild her body systems as needed. This gives her some ability to regenerate no matter what form she is in.
-'Normal Form': This is her 'default form' and is the quickest to heal and shift to pose as others.
-Hound Form: An optimized quadruped form with enhanced senses, ground speed and leaping.

-'Brick Form Optimized combat form. Most healing ability is reconfigured to maximize physical resilience and sheer physical strength. Combat strength edges upwards 28 tons, with a max move load of 60 tons.
-Ooze: For sheer flexibility, this form is easily the most alien and extendable. She can travel in a near liquid form, and pass through spaces as small as a sink drain (and possibly smaller) and extend her body up to 20 feet with the abilty to use up to five discrete limbs.

(I got her built as PL 10 shapeshifter)

Wartoy

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +5 (20), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +5 (20), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +5, Fort: +12, Ref: +10, Will: +4

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+12), Climb 7 (+12), Escape Artist 5 (+8), Notice 4 (+6), Search 4 (+6), Stealth 6 (+9), Survival 8 (+10), Swim 5 (+10)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Ambidexterity, Attack Focus (melee) 2, Diehard, Endurance, Evasion, Improved Initiative

Powers:
Regeneration 13 (recovery bonus 6 (+6 to recover), recovery rate (bruised) 2 (recover 1 / action), recovery rate (staggered) 4 (recover 1 / round), recovery rate (unconscious) 1 (recover 1 / round), DC 23; Regrowth, Innate)
Shapeshift 4 (Innate)

Power Settings:
Brick Form (Power Setting) (Powers: Protection 5, Super-Strength 6)
Default Form (Power Setting) (Powers: Enhanced Trait 3, Morph 2, Regeneration 12)
Hound (Power Setting) (Powers: Leaping 3, Strike 2, Super-Senses 3, Super-Speed 2)
Ooze Form (Power Setting) (Powers: Additional Limbs 3, Elongation 3, Insubstantial 1, Super-Movement 4)

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +10, Grapple: +15)

Attacks: Strike 2, +10 (DC 22), Unarmed Attack, +10 (DC 20)

Defense: +8  (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +7

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 34 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 48 + Combat 32 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Katina Tarask

Hm.  Well, if this is going to be M&M, then I am indeed interested.  I need to thinks me up some sort of powers.  *Looks to the book.*  Vibration control's a power?  Seriously?  Well.  I know what I'm taking ranks in. :P I may be making a telekinetic sort.  Or maybe a quake sort, a la Avalanche.  Or maybe something else entirely.

TheVillain

Woo! Had an awesome villain idea.

Bedlam
Alignment: Villain, most of the time it's just because he isn't good and he's proactive. Most of the time he isn't malicious. He just. . .is. This has been known to change though.
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 180 lbs
Appearance: Blue eyes, brown hair, tanned Caucasian, no notable facial features though he does seem to be always smiling like he's in on an inside joke, medium build.
Suit/Equipment: None, normally Bedlam wears normal street clothes and needs no equipment.
Powers: Bedlam is an incredibly powerful telepath and mind controller, who unfortunately is also completely insane. As such his powers tend to manifest as the ability to broadcast insanity over large groups of people. No real goal, no real purpose, Bedlam just wants to play- and he'll reduce a crowd of people to gibbering madmen if he has to do it.

Background:
Max first shows up in psychological circles at age 5, when voices in his head were telling him that his parents didn't love him or each other. The fact that they were right was besides the point. Unfortunately, his sanity only get worse and worse the more help he got. By 11 he was considered a danger to society that had to be locked in an Asylum. By 14, he was considered a serial killer that they got lucky and found before his first kill.

At 18, he had a power surge- and he escaped the Asylum by mentally dominating anyone that got in his way. After words they finally figured it out. He wasn't hearing voices when he was 5, he was hearing thoughts. In the beginning he wasn't crazy, he was telepathic. And now the most powerful telepath on record has spent all of his formative years surrounded by the criminally insane. It's a wonder he doesn't tell people to kill themselves by the dozens. It's a miracle that all he wants to do is play. . .

AthenaNude

A bit to "systemy" for my tastes, so I'll pass.

Katina Tarask

Say, would anyone with an instant messenger mind lending me a hand in making a character/figuring out the game?

TheVillain

I has no IM. But I don't think we need to make the sheets yet.

Katina Tarask

"Need" and "want" are two different things.  I want to figure this out fairly quickly, if only because I've been wanting to learn Mutants and Masterminds for quite some time.  The fact that, since I'm not very familiar with the system, I'm liable to take considerably longer than anyone else in making the sheet anyways.

In other news, I'm totally going with an extraplanar eldritch-abomination-summoner.  *Loves minions.*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Katina Tarask on January 18, 2010, 10:33:25 AM
"Need" and "want" are two different things.  I want to figure this out fairly quickly, if only because I've been wanting to learn Mutants and Masterminds for quite some time.  The fact that, since I'm not very familiar with the system, I'm liable to take considerably longer than anyone else in making the sheet anyways.

In other news, I'm totally going with an extraplanar eldritch-abomination-summoner.  *Loves minions.*

I flashed on your 'Vibration' comment and had a image from www.supermegatopia.com (the All Stripper Squad)

Kolbrandr

Just to ask, is there anyone overall GMing the end results here? I'm partial to M&M and would be interested to play, but the thread has been light on details of what sort of origins are viable, what sort of world is being messed around with, and who would be taking charge of moving the plot and npcs along.

And y'know, pl 10 150? 12 180? Other?

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright here is a preliminary first run of character submission.

Character Name:  Angelique Lee aka 'America's  Asia'
Citizenship:  American
Played by:  Elven Sex Goddess

Height:  5'1"
Weight:  109lbs

Description:    Angelique is a petite curvy beauty.   Her Korean - American heritage gives her a exotic look to he beauty.   Angelique has sun kissed blond hair,  bright sky blue eyes.   

Her usual dress in secret identity is typical of a eighteen year old at that age.     

File photo to the left is her heroine persona costume.

Character Summary:   Angelique is the daughter of American service member and Korean mother.  Who by a twist of fate in the evolutionary track of human genetics.   Was born with mutant abilities.   That exceed the parameters of normalcy.    From a very young age,  Angelique could tap and form kinetic energy.   In which she could hurl as a form of a energy blast.     As well as form force field of kinetic energy.   While her manipulation of kinetic energy would give her the ability to be able to fly.  Finally with her ability to tap into kinetic energy.   America's Asia is able to heal.

Personality:   Angelique is outgoing vivacious personality.   A spontaneous impulsive nature.  That often reacts with out thinking.   Which can often lead to trouble for the exotic beauty.   However, her heart is of gold when it comes to doing the right thing.  As she has chosen to use her abilities to fight for the good of mankind.   

Sexuality is heterosexual as she can easily be swooned by the hot looking guy.   Though Angelique is also adventuresome.  She can be conned and provoked into experimentation in a bi nature.  Through it only be a dabbling at  best in such.

Str 10/0  Dex 18/4  Con 14/2  Int 10/0  Wis 8/-1  Chr 18/4
Toughness   2/12 (w/force field)  FortitudeReflex 10  Will  7
Skills:  Acrobatics 10/14,  Bluff 10/14,  Language 1 (Korean),  Concentrate 9/11.  Computers 4,  Diplomacy 4/8,  Notice 2/1
Feats:  Accurate Attack, Attack focus(ranged Kinetic blast),  Attractive, Dodge bonus, Precise Shot, Range Pin, Teamwork, Taunt
Power: Kinetic Control 12 (kinetic energy control-touch),  Flight 6 (Spd 500 mph),  Force Field 10,  Healing 9
Combat:  Attack +8 (12 Damage), Defense +8   Initiative +4
Abilities 18  + Skills 10 (40 skill ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 64 + Combat 32 + Saves 18 = 150

Leonis

I think supervillain Maxwell Holmes should be given a weapon: a giant silver hammer! +1 Awesomeness to the first person to point out the joke.

Anyways...

Alignment: Neutral Good (with chaotic tendencies)
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 170 lbs.
Appearance: Caucasian male with an average build, though any veins visible under his skin are green. His gelled-back hair is also naturally green, but he dyes it black so as to not draw attention to himself.
Suit/Equipment: Perry has yet to design a superhero suit, or even come up with a supername for himself, though at this time he doesn't have a reason to care.
Powers: Perry has had control over the mysterious state of matter known as plasma from an early age. He can summon plasmic matter at a fixed rate and bend its shape to his will. The plasma can burn through more or less anything except Perry himself, and can be used as a shield to absorb enemy projectiles. Smarms can also cause the plasma he generates to explode, and as he is immune to this substance, he can use this to "bomb-jump" without hurting himself.
Background: Perry has been living in the American suburbs all his life and has maintained a low profile, seeing his plasma-controlling powers as a curse rather than a blessing. When he came of the age, he went away to a college in the big city to major in chemistry, to learn about this strange ability of his. He got a job at a comic book store to pay for his own tuition, and has been reading superhero comics since then.

TheVillain

It's an old Beatles song about a serial killer college kid named Max, who beats people to death with a silver hammer.

They were in their drug phase. All I can really say.

PhantomPistoleer

This became a M&M2E game!?  Bonkers!

I want to be in, but...  well, these games never do very well. :(
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Katina Tarask

Eh, don't worry about it.  Ignore the big, neon red flags and dive right in.  What's the worst that can happen?

Status: Character currently under construction and capable of summoning giant freaking dragons.

PhantomPistoleer

Like, two hours that I typically spend on character creation?  :o

Besides, I don't really get what we're supposed to be.  Who's the GM?  What is the earth like?  Are we good?  Are we evil?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Katina Tarask

Well, personally, since Leonis doesn't seem to know anything at all about Mutants and Masterminds, I'm banking on him buckling and one of the players stepping up to GM to keep the game from going under, but that's something of a long shot, and I'm making my character as much to learn my way around the system as anything.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 18, 2010, 06:43:44 PM
Like, two hours that I typically spend on character creation?  :o

Besides, I don't really get what we're supposed to be.  Who's the GM?  What is the earth like?  Are we good?  Are we evil?

Herolab.. takes it down to about 10 minutes.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elven Sex Goddess

Here is a submission for a super villainess.

Character Name:  Indulgence Gratuity the 'Harlot' aka Veronica Lawless
Citizenship:  English
Played by:   Elven Sex Goddess

Height:  5'9"
Weight:  144 lbs

Description:  Veronica is a very curvaceous  well endowed woman.   Long semi wavy red hair, that is more orange hued in tint.   While her eyes are a rich emerald green coloration.   

In secret identity,  Veronica dresses in very revealing clothing.   As if she works in a strip club.   

File picture to left is her Villainess costume. 

Character Summary:  Veronica can be described with one word 'bodacious'.    Veronica family is of English minor nobility, so she carries the title of Lady Veronica Lawless.   Her family is not mega rich, however her family estate gives her good sum of means in substantial living.   

Her powers come from inheritance on one part.   As she can trace her family lineage to Helen of Troy.    And just like her ancestor of the past.  Veronica has the power to incite others with lust.   A magical baubble a circlet of teleportation.    As one can see Veronica does not have true offensive or even defensive powers.   She has a myriad of skills.   And uses others as master mind behind villainous plots and schemes.   

Personality:  Veronica is bi sexual in orientation.   She is constantly aroused due to a conditioned.   Aside from that,  Veronica is greedy, almost gluttonous in craving her desires and needs.   

Str 10/0  Dex 14/2  Con  12/1  Int 16/3  Wis  16/3  Chr 20/5
ToughnessFortitudeReflexWill 10
Skills: Bluff 10/15,  Concentration 5/7,  Diplomacy 10/15,  Gather Information 10/15,  Knowledge (Sexual techniques) 10/13, Intimidate 10/15,  Notice 10/15, Perform (Exotic dancing) 10/15,   Profession (Prostitute) 5/8
Feats:  Attractive, Connected,   Distract, Fascinate,  Well-informed
Powers:  Emotion control 20/will ( Lust only -1, Sensory - sight -1), Teleport 5 (Portal +2)
Combat: Attack +7 Defense +6  Initiative +2
Abilities 28  + Skills  20 (80 skill ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 50 + Combat  26 + Saves 21 = 150

Callie Del Noire

Snicker..

A friend just pointed out that Wartoy could be the 'hentai monster' or the 'sailor girl' in an encounter.

Leonis

Imagine if there were people with superpowers in the real world? That's basically the setting I'm looking for. They may be feared and misunderstood by the public at large. The government may want to take them in and make them secret weapons of their military. Scientists may want to study these superbeings. Some people might see them as gods. Perhaps the gods of legend were actually superheroes and supervillains of the past!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Leonis on January 18, 2010, 08:07:40 PM

Imagine if there were people with superpowers in the real world? That's basically the setting I'm looking for. They may be feared and misunderstood by the public at large. The government may want to take them in and make them secret weapons of their military. Scientists may want to study these superbeings. Some people might see them as gods. Perhaps the gods of legend were actually superheroes and supervillains of the past!

That is the basic premise of the Paragon's setting. Are you a god with these powers. Do you do good. do you do evil? Who is to stop you?

Kolbrandr

So.. did they just emerge? Was there some event that crystalized them emerging? Is there a single origin source of all powers? Is there magic?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Kolbrandr on January 18, 2010, 08:26:01 PM
So.. did they just emerge? Was there some event that crystalized them emerging? Is there a single origin source of all powers? Is there magic?

They offer SEVERAL options. Folks simply start 'emerging'. There is a 9/11 event that was caused by a 'paranormal' that cause multiple emergence events. They put out options for magic (as a tie to the realm of imagination), as a 'focus' for a person's parahuman abilities. LOTS of options and ideas..even a 'Paragon's' version of their normal game setting.

Kolbrandr

No, no, Paragons I'm entirely familliar with and I own. I was asking as to the fellow's proposed campaign premise as it's kinda vague.

Callie Del Noire

Leonis

Superpowers are like gifts or talents that people are born with. There was magic, but no one believes in it nowadays. However, I think I might add in another character from a series of novels I plan to write. He's a time-travelling wizard, but that's the short-short description.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Leonis on January 18, 2010, 08:34:09 PM

Superpowers are like gifts or talents that people are born with. There was magic, but no one believes in it nowadays. However, I think I might add in another character from a series of novels I plan to write. He's a time-travelling wizard, but that's the short-short description.

Well since Paragon is being used.   The are five origins for powers.    'Science,  Mutant,  Magic,  Technology and Natural.'   Depending on your background and what you envision.   Examples  Batman would fall under Natural.  Where Ironman would be technology.   While Wolverine would be mutant,  Spiderman science and Dr Strange magic.   

Katina Tarask

And perhaps the superheroes of the past are the superheroes of the present.  Thousand-year-old mystic here.

Character Name: Marianne Pentil, a.k.a. Archsage
Citizenship: American, currently
Played by: Katina Tarask

Height:  5'0"
Weight:  101 lbs

Description: Marianne is a very small, unassuming-looking woman of slight build and long, straight red hair with tanned skin.  She dresses very modestly, whether on or off the 'job.'

Character Summary: Marianne has lurked in the background of history for a very, very long time, having worn many names and many faces in her time. 

She wields ancient magics from times long past that she has calls forth in times of need to defend humanity from forces best left unknown.  Her spells are many and mighty, but her greatest power is the ability to call forth the five great dragons, her allies and guardians.

Personality: She is a shy and reserved person, resigned to her fate as protector.  Her pride has been known to alienate her from those around her, which is fine by her; mortals don't live long enough to matter overmuch anyways.  Despite her isolated nature, she still has her needs, however (and in her case, quite desperately), and she doesn't care whether it's a man or a woman who fills them.

Str 8/-1  Dex 14/2  Con  12/1  Int 26/8  Wis  16/3  Chr 16/3
Toughness 10*  FortitudeReflexWill 10
Skills: Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 15/23, Concentration 12/15, Sense Motive 3/6, Diplomacy 2/5, Notice 2/5, Knowledge (History) 2/10
Feats: Dodge Focus x2, Uncanny Dodge (Blindsight), Luck x3, Eidactic Memory, Master Plan
Powers: Force Field 9(9), Summon 10(32), Immunity: Aging 1(1), Supersense: Accute Blindsight 5(5), Magic 10(34)- Cosmic Energy Control, Telepathy, Teleportation, Duplication, Astral Form, Emotional Control, Illusion (all senses), Mind Switch
Combat: Attack +2 Defense +5  Initiative +2
Abilities 26 + Skills  9 (36 skill ranks) + Feats 8 + Powers 81 + Combat  10 + Saves 16 = 150

DRAGON

Str 32/11  Dex 14/2  Con  28/9  Int 6/-2  Wis  12/1  Chr 6/-2
Toughness 14  Fortitude 14  Reflex 10  Will 10
Skills: Intimidate 8/+10
Feats: Fearsome Presence x6
Powers: Blast 10(23), Flight 6(12), Growth 8(25), Impervious Protection 5(10), Super-Strength 3(6)
Combat: Attack +7 Defense +3  Initiative +2
Abilities 16 + Skills  2 (8 skill ranks) + Feats 6 + Powers 76 + Combat  28 + Saves 22 = 150
Quote from: Kolbrandr on January 18, 2010, 08:26:01 PMIs there magic?
If there isn't, I'm fucked.

Edit: If anyone wants to make a hero who revolves around a technologically advanced super-BMX, I'd be thrilled to tweak my dragons into angels. :P

Tagan

Does this thing have a start date?  Cause I'm still interested, but my main computer's down, and I'll need to download a copy of M&M.

Leonis

But do we really need it to be system based in the first place?

Katina Tarask

*Looks back.*

*Tallies character sheets.*

Yes.

Callie Del Noire

Leonis

Well, now that we're here there's a question I have. I've had an idea for a roleplaying combat system and was wondering what forum I would go to do discuss it. I wasn't planning on using it for THIS RP, but...

Tagan

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 08, 2010, 09:35:26 AM
Seconded. :D

Thirded?  I was mostly hoping for a general deadline, I do want to try out M&M's

Callie Del Noire

I was hoping the Paragon idea would go through.. Pl 6 'clone' of a cartoon villian (Cosplay gone terribly wrong) but I'd love to get into a game given my M&M game on anotehr board is pretty much dead..

I was really bummed out by that. And half the characters are afraid the prime mover is the devil (the plot involves a mage trying to gain control of the soul of a bluesman long dead for his ties to musicians today (Robert Johnson) and there is a 'man at the crossroads moving the players behind the scenes)