News:

Main Menu

The Following

Started by persephone325, January 25, 2013, 09:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

I just saw the pilot episode of this show. It has Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy (the bad guy from the first Resident Evil movie). I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed it!

I love shows like CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS, etc. Shows that examine the workings of the minds of killers and such. This show is brilliant, and already the first episode had an amazing twist. I also recognized a lot of actors/actresses that I hadn't seen in quite a while.

Shawn Ashmore - Iceman from X-Men
Maggie Grace - Taken, Taken 2
Nico Tortorella - Trevor from Scream 4
Steve Monroe - The pig from that one episode of Charmed

I was also surprised that FOX (I live in the US, so it might be something different elsewhere) was showing it. Because of the sometimes graphic nature of the show, AND the fact that there is a portrayal of a gay couple. It shows them kissing/making out on a couch in a scene from an upcoming episode. During the commercial breaks, though, there was a constant commercial that the 10pm news crew was going to cover it and the title was something like:

"The Following: Does it push the boundaries of violence on television?"

Who cares?! I know 10 year olds who play GTA. If you don't want your kid to watch it, DON'T LET THEM WATCH IT! Isn't that what parental locks are for?

Anyway! This show is AMAZING and I can't wait to see more!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Love And Submission

I agree. I love this show. I'm just trying to figure out if that one FBI guy is Jinks from Warehouse 13 or not.

He looks just like him but his voice is different.

Actually having just looked it up , It's his twin. Woah  no wonder I thought it was him.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Callie Del Noire

Actually i figure that Fox is okay..since the gay couple are part of a serial killer cult.

I got to admit that the show is edgy enough for me to pop for a season pass.

persephone325

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 25, 2013, 09:57:50 PM
Actually i figure that Fox is okay..since the gay couple are part of a serial killer cult.

I got to admit that the show is edgy enough for me to pop for a season pass.

So FOX is OK with showing gay couples, as long as they're part of a serial killer cult? lolz

Didn't know that. Haha.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 10:03:24 PM
So FOX is OK with showing gay couples, as long as they're part of a serial killer cult? lolz

Didn't know that. Haha.

Yeah.. got to show that it's a BAD lifestyle and that only deviants would be engaged in it.. <sigh>

I imagine the series won't last long though.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 25, 2013, 10:16:26 PM
Yeah.. got to show that it's a BAD lifestyle and that only deviants would be engaged in it.. <sigh>

I imagine the series won't last long though.

It is Fox, I'm sure you knew that is was possibly doomed to begin with.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 25, 2013, 10:29:16 PM
It is Fox, I'm sure you knew that is was possibly doomed to begin with.

Hmm.. let's see..

Solid talent.. check.
Good initial storyline.. check..
Actual living characters.. check...

Yeah.. it will deader than a dodo by may day huh?

persephone325

I love it, and apparently lots of other people do as well. It's ratings are quite high, and people are raving about it.

I can't wait to see how this season plays out. :-)
I don't know.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 10:37:44 PM
I love it, and apparently lots of other people do as well. It's ratings are quite high, and people are raving about it.

I can't wait to see how this season plays out. :-)

That is no promise that the Blofeld..er.. Murdock Network won't kill it.

persephone325

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 25, 2013, 10:42:16 PM
That is no promise that the Blofeld..er.. Murdock Network won't kill it.

Eh... Wouldn't really matter because if they do drop it, another network will most likely pick it up. A show like this won't stay dead long.
I don't know.

Love And Submission

Doesn't Murdock have very little do with the actual fox network? I know he owns but he also allows shows like Family Guy (which is infamously liberal) and The Simpsons (which has leaned severely liberal) on the air ?

Granted it could just  be they are such cash chows that he's willing to put his politics aside.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: DTW on January 25, 2013, 11:01:06 PM
Doesn't Murdock have very little do with the actual fox network? I know he owns but he also allows shows like Family Guy (which is infamously liberal) and The Simpsons (which has leaned severely liberal) on the air ?

Granted it could just  be they are such cash chows that he's willing to put his politics aside.

Cash cows... Oh you said that. ^^
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 10:43:44 PM
Eh... Wouldn't really matter because if they do drop it, another network will most likely pick it up. A show like this won't stay dead long.
Firefly.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: persephone325 on January 25, 2013, 10:43:44 PM

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0oMTmtN7lHI

persephone325

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 26, 2013, 08:41:35 AM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=0oMTmtN7lHI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0oMTmtN7lHI

The title of that video actually kind of proves my point. Family Guy was canceled, what...3 times? And picked back up, and STILL airs on FOX. Just because a show is debuted on FOX doesn't mean that it's doomed to get canceled.

ANY show that airs on ANY channel, runs the risk of getting canceled.

Back on subject,(possible spoilers?)
I really loved the Poe references and thought they added an interesting element to the story. Although I can't help but wonder why the killer turned himself in on the debut episode... Interesting move on his part. I wonder what he gets out of it?
I don't know.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: persephone325 on January 26, 2013, 09:38:56 AM
The title of that video actually kind of proves my point. Family Guy was canceled, what...3 times? And picked back up, and STILL airs on FOX. Just because a show is debuted on FOX doesn't mean that it's doomed to get canceled.

ANY show that airs on ANY channel, runs the risk of getting canceled.

Back on subject,(possible spoilers?)
I really loved the Poe references and thought they added an interesting element to the story. Although I can't help but wonder why the killer turned himself in on the debut episode... Interesting move on his part. I wonder what he gets out of it?
Thing is..Family Guy. And Futurama were the only ones on that WHOLE list to make it back. NOT one of the other shows, even Firefly (which broke all types of records for DVD sales first release) have been back

My take on Serentity was Whedon flipping Fox the bird. he incidently still owes them one more series. Curious to see what they cancel of his next time around.