Shadowrun 5e, Interest Check, GM Wanted

Started by Latooni Subota, July 28, 2014, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

*WaveS*  out of town, back in a few hours.  Would love ot play that game again! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Latooni Subota

Hrm, I'm not sure how it'll work out once I put my pen to paper, but I've got an idea or two for a Face/Street Shaman. Bear Totem, healing and investigation magic, plenty of contacts and investigator-y skills. Not very buff, but if you need backup or info, she's your girl!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Sinestra

Shadowfox and Jaded? Are you guys still interested?

Once we hear from those two, I can create a thread for OOC chatter so you all can plan out characters.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Jaded

I'm still interested :-) .  I like the plot and would prefer new characters in SR5e.  But am fine with either. 

AndyZ

I'll be gone for the next couple days, but I'll be bringing my SR5 book with me to work on a character sheet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sinestra on July 31, 2014, 12:31:15 AM
Shadowfox and Jaded? Are you guys still interested?

Once we hear from those two, I can create a thread for OOC chatter so you all can plan out characters.

I am, sorry for the wait. I have work for the next few days but can make a character on my breaks.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sinestra

Alright, where would you guys prefer I put this? Keep in mind of course that I prefer a LOT of plot with my sexy time, so where this game gets put is just a manifestation of what you guys will want to be POSSIBLE in it.

Light - Seattle's BDSM and other exotic clubs are shuttered, gangers keep it in their pants and romance is alive and well in everyone! SURGE never happened.

B, D/S, M - Seattle's various clubs are all open and the passions are wild, but it's all very romantic. Gangers are still well behaved. SURGE never happened.

NC - Seattle and the world beyond are a dark place. You don't walk The Barrens at night alone and stay away from Bunraku Parlors if you wanna be safe. SURGE never happened.

NC: Exotic - Everything above, but Haley's Comet came and went, twisting a minor subset of people into... weird things. Seattle opens a club for "Changlings".

Extreme - All of the above and so much more. Sadistic corporate goons might 'feed' you to hellhounds or experiment on you in other ways. Bathrooms, Children and such however never appear. Your GM can't write that stuff, so no.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

NC or lower would be my preference, but that's mainly because I have an unnatural hatred for anything involving SURGE >.>;

Well, also that I don't have much in the way of Extreme tastes for canoodling on the side.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AndyZ

I don't really know enough about SURGE to have a preference, but if my character was fed to hellhounds, I'd likely just fade to black on the grisly death scene.  The experimentation may or may not be fun but heavily depends on what those changes might be.

I feel as though NC might be better and to leave the Extreme as an option to be left to specific capture threads.

Jaded

My preference is NC, either Human or Exotic.  I don't mind Extreme though. 

Sinestra

Quote from: AndyZ on July 31, 2014, 10:35:53 PM
I don't really know enough about SURGE to have a preference, but if my character was fed to hellhounds, I'd likely just fade to black on the grisly death scene.  The experimentation may or may not be fun but heavily depends on what those changes might be.

I feel as though NC might be better and to leave the Extreme as an option to be left to specific capture threads.

When Haley's Comet came by in Shadowrun, it ignited the ley line nexuses around the world and people who were in specific places and that specific moment when the mana lines flared, had their genetics altered.

Some ended up like
this

Others ended up like
this

But others ended up like
this (or worse)

So in short, SURGE was Shadowrun's way of adding in furries and hybrids and mutant horrors. The PCs obviously used the SURGE rules to make furries and mutant superheroes, while the GMs were supposed to make horrors and mutants. The people who SURGEd were called "Changelings" and after a brief bit of being hunted, the catgirls and batboys and 'cool' mutants won the media war and being a Changeling became cool, creating a new market in SURGE-imitating cosmetic alterations etc etc. It's kinda when Shadowrun got 'weird'.

But alright, it looks like the consensus is for NC. I'm fine with that, and of course if a particular player wants and asks specificly for it, they can fall victim to something from the other categories.

OOC is up. :) https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=210286.0

Muse

ooh!  OOC thread!  I'll be right hter.e 

And I was hoping for NC exotic please.  : )
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sinestra

Alright, looks like the 'average' desire of the group is NC with Exotic Leanings. What this means is that while SURGE will have happened in the world, it isn't going to be a huge deal. You might encounter a 4+ armed mutant, but it'll be under very specific circumstances and for specific reasons, not just "So you go down to the club and you see this 4 armed hunk on the dancefloor..." and while "Hybrids" will exist, there won't be a huge subculture around Changlings etc.

Blinkin

I would love to give this a try, but my experience with Shadowrun is very limited to a few sessions back in the early 90's and 3 aborted attempts on E. The games had potential, but everything got bogged down in the details and it just fell apart.

I don't have the 5E material, nor do I know much about it, but if someone is willing to help me out with a character and mechanics until I get a handle on it, would love to give it a try.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.