Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Secretwriter

Like Adonis said, we're looking for those on Xavier's side for now and when the time comes, we'll ask current players who we think would do a good job as a baddie to make temporary Anarchy X characters.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Montagne

Ahhh that's what you meant. When I said being won over I didn't mean an actual member of his group, just an impressionable youth who find some of his writings on the internet. So a member of Xaviers side, one who could quite easily see how much good he does from the school and stick with him. however i can drop that idea entirely if wanted and just create a good guy, don't want to be difficult.  ;D

Writersblockade

Just to note, I'm putting myself up for Forge, Xavier's side, for Math Teacher ^_^. I should be able to get a profile up after work!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Adonis

Writersblockade, Secret already spoke with me about it. Soon as you get the sheet up for Forge, and I can glace over it, you should be in quite quickly.

Red Doctor - We'll see what ya come up with, and discuss it from there ;)
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Secretwriter

Quote from: Red Doctor on December 03, 2010, 04:28:14 AM
Ahhh that's what you meant. When I said being won over I didn't mean an actual member of his group, just an impressionable youth who find some of his writings on the internet. So a member of Xaviers side, one who could quite easily see how much good he does from the school and stick with him. however i can drop that idea entirely if wanted and just create a good guy, don't want to be difficult.  ;D

We have a few impressionable teens involved but one more wouldn't hurt.  It's nice to watch the character growth and see what the people will do.  Outside influences on top of that make it very interesting because no matter what you aim them for, they will still do what they want and respond according to their external stimuli. 

And Yay! *smooches WritersB!*

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Black Howling

As far as I can tell, the school psychiatrist is still open. So, this is a good chance to put my large medical vocabulary to use. And since my own issues have left me with tons of knowledge in this area, we'll see how I do.

Profile will be up just as soon as I found a worthy picture. >.>

Writersblockade

Character:

Code-Name: Forge
Ethnicity: Native American
Sex: Male
Relationship Status:Single, with tons of baggage
Team Affiliation: Xavier
Position at the School: Professor

Appearance:

Hair: Black, straight and pony-tailed
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Tanned texture, without having to tan
Weight: 185
Height:6’
Other: Bionic right arm and leg

Date Of Birth: unrevealed
Place Of Birth: unrevealed
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality: When not engrossed in one of his experiments (which happens a lot) he can be rather flirty, even with some of the younger members of the school. He’s the guy that knows he looks good, and knows you know he looks good. Why be humble about it? For all his bluster, though, he cares about the kids he teach and the staff he works with. Behind the playboy inventor extraordinaire is a man with the world on his shoulders. No one gave him the responsibility, but someone had to take it.

Background: Life was especially hard for Forge when he first separated from the X-Men. His work with X-Force and the government was fulfilling for a while, until he realized that he was only perpetuating the cycle. Though he was able to put “bad guys” down, he wondered if he was really making a difference in the world. He’d stare out into the darkness and find nothing but his reflection staring back at him while the mutant world seemed to go to hell.

Anarchy X? Independents? Who did these nut jobs think they were? Who did he think he was? There was a change on the horizon, and you didn’t need to be as smart as he was to see it. Fortunately, Charles was smarter. In true Xavier fashion, he’d arranged a meeting for Forge while he lay asleep. Apparently there was a need for him at the school. He saw it too, it seemed…saw the hand basket had popped a gear and was now in a free-fall straight to hell. How could he be angry at the intrusion? How could he say no?

The team understood his decision…many of them were eventually going to make their own decisions as well. Though there was no need to, it was abundantly clear that battle lines were slowly being drawn, and all the sides were slowly marshalling their forces. He would side with Xavier and fight if need-be, but to teach still fertile minds to love who they were, while hammering mind-numbing lessons at them, seemed like the change of pace he needed.

Mother:

Name: unknown
Race: unknown

Father:

Name: unknown
Race: unknown
Other Relatives: unknown

Powers:
Major Power: “intuitive genius” with a flair for invention. He’s basically really smart and can make hella cool gadgets.
Minor Power: bionic hand can act as a hacking interface with computers, keypads, etc.

Power Limitations:
Well, he’s smart, but he can’t create something from nothing. Also, he cannot hack into anything “old tech”. It’s too cumbersome, and he has to be in physical contact with the item to make it happen.

Hobbies and Interests: Keeping up on the latest Stark Industries Tech, and sending Tony a Virus every now and then to make his life interesting. He lives under a near constant flow of invention ideas, most of which he discards as soon as he thinks them up, others he just can’t help himself. He keeps all his guilty pleasure inventions at his place on campus.

OOC Ons and Offs:  Read preferences, but feel free to PM if unsure!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Secretwriter

I personally adore this bio and with Adonis's approval, I welcome you to the game.

Adonis

Looks good to me, but please specify what he's a professor *of*  :P
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Secretwriter

OH! Yeah. Forgot that.  He's Math but it needs to be in his bio. ^.^

Adonis

O/O's

Writersblockade

It's so funny, because I wanted to put Math, but didn't know if it was needed. I'll get it taken care of ^_^
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Adonis

O/O's

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Writersblockade on December 04, 2010, 01:51:28 PM
You'll see how great math is after some tutoring, perhaps :p

I don't know about that...all math teachers i've ever had were old and wrinkly so math is a turn off for me :P
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Lady Kitsune

Trust me, you'll want to take his Math Class.

*clicks her pen for the sign up sheet*   :P

And a bid for Music Teacher.....

Character:

Code-Name: Siryn
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Relationship Status:Single
Position at the School: Music Teacher

Appearance:

Hair: Strawberry Red
Eyes:Emerald Green
Skin:Cream
Weight:120lbs
Height:5’6”
Other:

Date Of Birth:A lady doesn’t tell.
Place Of Birth: Cassidy Keep, County Mayo, Ireland
Citizenship:Irish

Information:

Personality: She smiles, She laughs. Her every move, her speech is seductive.  And when she is angry, she is a force to be reckoned with and unstoppable until said anger has been assuaged.  She believes in good, so tries to see the positive in anything, despite tragedy following her.   

Background: Having grown up living a criminal life under the tutelage of her cousin and guardian Tom Cassidy, she always felt that this was not what she was supposed to be doing.  When Tom finally confessed to her that her father was alive, she reunited with him and was happy for a time.  Turning to the side of good, she moved on to be a key member of X-factor but the loss of her son and the strain of her relationship with Jaime Madrox had caused her to leave. 

Trying to forget her loss, she continued to search for any clues that her father still lived.  That there was a possibility that he lived.  She finally was confronted with the fact that he was dead.  No longer in denial, she screamed a morning wail for her father, the man known as Banshee.  A scream that had lasted for over ten hours, the longest she had ever gone, her grief for both her father and her child freeing itself in one mighty waveblast.

The scream had done great damage to her vocal chords and she now recuperates at Xavier’s, agreeing to teach music as her voice recovers.  Her powers return slowly, but she is still seized by bouts of melancholy.  First the loss of her son and now, the acceptance of her father’s death.  She tries not to be sad, it mostly shows when she plays music or sings.

Mother:

Name:Maeve Cassidy
Race:Human

Father:

Name:Sean Cassidy
Race: Mutant-Audiokinesis

Other Relatives:Tom Cassidy a.k.a. Black Tom

Powers:
Sonic Vocal  Power

Siryn can cause her vocal cords to vibrate over a wide range of sonic frequencies and produce a volume of sound ranging up to at least 140 decibels. Siryn has thus the ability to shatter solid objects with a sonic scream.  The Sonic Scream gives her the ability to change someone’s balance, by affecting their equilibrium, though Siryn's hearing and equilibrium are unaffected by the effects of her scream and similar abilities.
She can use her sound waves to create a shield around herself and others near her, or she can project a field of silence that lets no sound get through her barrier.  With her voice, she can put people in a hypnotic trance, just by changing the tone.  This acts like a siren's song and she can also use her hypnosis to make someone fall in love with her, regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

The sonic vibrations from Siryn give her the ability of flight by way of those vibrations causing a carrier wave.  The vibrations can also be used [while screaming] by concentrating them into an intense beam.  It can stun or destroy most solid objects by battering them with condensed sound waves.  If she hits the right note while using her voice, she can operate much like a bat and hear the waves bouncing off of objects, creating Sonar.  Likewise, those reverberating waves can allow her to carry sounds back to her from far off, giving her a great sense of hearing when she wants it.

Her voice, if used right, and if she hits the right notes, she can affect the fluid in a person's ear and cause them to go unconscious.

Power Limitations:Although her throat is stronger than the average human, she can still strain her voice, causing her to lose it.  Losing her voice basically leaves her powerless.

Hobbies and Interests: She likes growing flowers and collects music sheets from famous pianists.

OOC Ons and Offs: Almost no offs, but I’d ask.
I am working on it, I swear!

Adonis

I dont have a problem with the sheet Kit. And the first picture? Dayummm.

*approves and wipes up drool*
O/O's

Secretwriter

Approved by me as well.

We've still got two ladies, I think, that discussed characters with me before I closed things down. They're still allowed to make them because they had discussed it first with me and that was one of the factors leading to the mutual decision to close off female applicants.

Adonis

In short - BRING ON THE SAUSAGE ! We have far too many women, and not enough men !
O/O's

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Adonis on December 04, 2010, 08:05:52 PM
I dont have a problem with the sheet Kit. And the first picture? Dayummm.

*approves and wipes up drool*

Extra credit in the Library.  ;)

Thanks for the approval!
I am working on it, I swear!

Writersblockade

I'm sure Forge could fix up a little something special for the ladies in the waiting room while he's entertaining others. Those sex machines he saw online once looked far too medieval.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Adonis

O/O's

Black Howling

:
Character:

Code-Name: Animus
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single
Position at the School: Psychiatrist

Appearance:

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Skin: Fair
Weight: 165 lbs
Height: 5'10"
Other: Three strange dots on his forehead, just under the hairline.

Date Of Birth: 8-15-1981
Place Of Birth: Boston Massachusetts, USA
Citizenship: US Citizen

Information:

Personality: Simon is best described as a nerd. He's quick witted, and while very good with words, anything outside of his normal element gets him tongue tied. He's kind, though tries to keep a neutral view because his job so often has him looking into the minds of others. While he loves talking about his work, any conversation will do. He's a talker, and loves to drone on.

Background: Simon was born to a wealthy political family in Boston. Raised with his father's constant talks of politics, it did not take long for him to decide he hated them. This turned into a silent form of rebellion for him, taking interest in things his father wanted nothing to do with, and putting his intellectual pursuits to anything other then the circus parade his father so wanted him to join in with.

By the time he reached puberty, Simon had managed to get himself ostracized by his father, yet not sent away for his brilliant mind. They instead locked him in private boarding schools so they did not have to look at him, and this is where he first began to develop his abilities. The nerd in him spoke clear when he first discovered the powers he held, and he likened them to comic books at first before he began to realize how serious the situation was. He couldn't control them, had no clue how, and nearly killed three of his friends during a normal game time when they were set off.

Knowing he couldn't keep it up, he sanctioned his family to take him home for schooling. They did such unhappily, and he used the solitude to work on his powers until he went off to college, managing somehow to keep them under wraps. Because of the study at his own pace time, he managed to finish high-school classes by age sixteen, learning that his gift of telepathy somehow increased his cognitive learning process. He took up study of the mind in college to help better come to terms with the power he possessed, and graduated top of his class at Harvard Medical.

It was at this point he was approached by Professor Xavier, and asked if he could use his gifts to help those troubled students at his school. Having gained inspiration from the influential man during his own self training, Simon agreed readily, and took his knowledge with him in hopes to help those who were not so fortunate as he.

Mother:

Name: Helen Richards
Race: Human

Father:

Name: Kevin Richards
Race: Human

Other Relatives: Brother: Steven Ricahrds- Human Sister: Caroline Richards- Mutant?

Powers:

Major: Kinetics: The first ability he discovered was the power to manipulate energy with his mind. He managed to harness it so he could move, or bludgeon things with what appears to be unseen force.

Minor: Telepathy: He learned while in solitude that he could sometimes hear others thoughts, and even implant urges they otherwise would not have. Since then he has manifested this power quite well, though it pales in comparison to professor Xavier.

Power Limitations:

Major: His powers are limited on the pounds he lift, or pounds of pressure he can direct. So far he gauges it at a thousand pounds, spread out between no more then four targets. This power also weighs on his mind with the more force he uses, and it's been a cause of constant nose bleeds and blackouts during his life. If pushed too far, it could literally kill him.

Minor: His Telepathy is very small scale. He can only direct it to those he can see, and only then he can only pick up surface thoughts and implant suggestions that require some want on the subjects part to actually follow. If allowed to touch the person in question, he can delve deeper then this, but he's learned it holds the same risk his Kinetics do; and has passed out several times trying help a patient with it.

Hobbies and Interests: He's a comic book nerd, enjoys anything to do with reading, and even though he no longer plays he still tends to collect supplies for Tabletop gaming. He also knows that the key to a strong mind if a fit body, so he keeps an avid interest in exercise so he can maintain whole body health.

OOC Ons and Offs:

((Not sure how you'll see the powers, I think they mimic Jean Grey's too much. I tweaked them all I can manage so far, so hopefully the limitations and manifestations are enough to separate them. I await the GM's verdict. ^^"))

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!