Reclamation of the Throne (M/F)

Started by agentlemanwithadream, March 18, 2014, 12:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentlemanwithadream

I have an idea brewing around in my head in a setting similar to GoT (although it doesn't have to be in that universe, actually I would probably rather it wasn't) where a boy and a girl are betrothed and spent a fair amount of time together as kids while their fathers met and discussed business of the realm. Like any noble children, she is taught the pleasantries of a lady and he the ways of the sword but while away from the eyes of the court, he secretly teaches her how to wield a blade with as much effectiveness as he can.

Once they reach the age of sixteen, the King is assassinated by an assassin from another kingdom and once that kingdom takes over the new King decrees that all former betrothals are null. Then, he goes around killing anyone who has a claim to the throne until she is the only one left. The new King's goal is to marry her to one of his sons in order to solidify their claim to the throne. In comes my character, having fled immediately after the new King usurped the throne, he returns to the castle as a cook or servant in hopes of getting close to her and getting her to flee the castle to join the rebellion.

Now, here is where I was thinking we can discuss things. I see her being good with a sword, obviously, I see them fleeing and fighting to get the throne back but I would like my partners input as far as how these things occur.

If interested, check my O&Os and send me a PM!