Into the Wilds [MUL]

Started by MagicalPen, July 08, 2008, 01:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Name: Into the Wilds

Perry's Ferry was the only place to cross the River Scaber for miles around. The Scaber was a fast flowing, deep river, fed by the mountains to the North. It rushed southwards, along the edge of the Wild Woods, before turning West amongst the Foothills of the Dead. From there it bent southwards again, entering civilized lands, and forming the border between Ribenheim and the lesser Kingdoms. Finally moving South West, it moved through the Marshlands and into the Sea.

Perry's Ferry lay to the North on the River and was mostly used by hunters, adventurers, travelers, and merchants headed towards the gold-rich mountains and the growing city of North Watch. The Ferry was operated on a pulley-system, a large thick rope crossing from one bank to the other. The Ferry was attached to this rope and was nothing more then a glorified barge, capable of carrying a dozen horses, a few wagons and two dozen people at any one time.

Perry's Landing is the name of the villages that have sprung up on either side of the river, where the Ferry lands. Both sides consist of a Tavern & Inn, a Blacksmith, a General Store full of supplies, and a few dozen homes. The main difference is that the East side has a wooden palisade constructed around it, along with a small garrison. Perry's Landing has been known to be raided from time to time, by any of the various wild tribes to the East, or larger groups of bandits.

The Ferry runs a few times a day – taking nearly half an hour to make the trip across the raging river and more time to load and unload. Stores on either side provide an assortment of goods to browse while waiting, while the people-watchers will be more then happy at the assortment of people to be seen: Mercenaries, Sell-Swords, Healers, Hunters, Trappers, Rangers, Soldiers, Miners, Adventure Seekers, Merchants, and the like.

What no one knows is that something very bad is about to happen.

[What I am looking for: 2 - 6 Players]
Immediate roles I need filled are two Soldiers/Bodyguards (Male or Female) that are traveling incognito with the Prince (the first plot twist is revealed!).

As for the others, like I hinted at above, just about anything else goes!

Respond here or PM if interested.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

*bump* have 2, maybe 3 interested players. Anyone else interested in this one?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Haibane

I might be interested, if my usual stipulation applies. ;)

I quite fancy a soldier/bodyguard role for a change. A tough fighter lady, quick and sassy.

Are you playing the prince MP?

MagicalPen

Yes, I will be playing the Prince. However, the two prior-interests stated interest in the bodyguard positions, but nothing is solid yet. I am waiting to hear back from them, as a matter of fact. Will keep everyone informed, but I suggest considering several other possibilities. Keep in mind that those on the ferry do not have to be related to the Prince - they just happen to be at the wrong place, at the wrong time. :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Cecilia

Okay...could be fun...MP, count me in....I'd be happy to take on just about any role you think needs to be filled.   Let me know what you are looking for. 

Haibane

Ah, more peeps are showing up. I like it when that happens. MP, what is the ratio of males to females in the group so far? And is there scope for a druid/healer/pastor type role? (A little like the woman I mentioned in your other fantasy game that never got enough interest).

MagicalPen

3:3 If you count me I think. If the other 2 drop, then it'd still be 2:2. And yes, a Healer type would work. Haven't decided on the level of magic (if any) in the game yet. Will need to see who else is interested and what types they are interested in.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Requiem

Hey MP, I'd like to give this a shot if there is room.  Any room for a sell-sword type, or a ranger/tracker?

MagicalPen

Indeed there is! I actually have an idea i'll PM you about. Congrats on the acceptance, btw.

I am hoping to hear back from my two-guards ASAP about if they wish to continue.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Haibane

Hm, rangers are always... interesting people...

Requiem

My first real love in role-playing came from Rangers, but over the years of first, second, Player's Option, 3.0 (The system that really hurt Rangers) and then 3.5 (Which made them cool again!), I had really started going towards more melee/caster type characters.  It would be nice to get "back to basics" again!

MagicalPen

This will be a diceless/systemless game! Just FYI (i have never played a stats based game ever). I might devise a home-brewed system when it comes to combat, but that can be tackled when we get to that hurdle.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Haibane

I haven't played any D&D for years, and didn't much enjoy it for the six month or so period when I did(*), but I just do like rangers, I like the personality and twisted histories they all seem to have ;) This is all OOC of course, ignore all this for the game ;)

(*) I actually joined a group of players in school and I had ulterior motives - two of the guys playing it were seriously nice lads, so I wasn't really into the game... more the OOC talking and chilling afterwards :D

MagicalPen

It didn't occur to me to make a post about the World and some of the things people should take into account.

First, acceptable races. The % represents amount of population of Ribenheim, the Kingdom, each Race makes up.

Humans(70%), Half-Elves(20%), and (rarer still) Elves(10%).

Home town can be anywhere, including Ribenheim (Kingdom named after the City). Location would be to the West of Perrys Ferry, unless they are from one of the small mining towns to the North East.

Directly to the East side of the River, along 50% of its course, are Wild Lands still untouched by people until you get further South – which is where the other Kingdoms are located. Ribenheim is a very northerly Kingdom, and most travel heads Southwards, along the coast or across the River at other locations. The North is basically a Final Frontier type of place. Very dangerous, very untouched, with untold treasures to be found.

And Magic...I tend to go with little to no Magic in my fantasy settings. You will have to provide a convincing case if your character chooses to posses magic.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Ok, I want to keep the ball rolling on this while it is hot. I have not heard back from the original two interested players, so at this point Inkedu will be playing the position of the Guard...which means some one else needs to as well? And I think we had a Healer of some sort too? So, everyone else can PM their character ideas. Or post here.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

HairyHeretic

What characters do you have so far?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Cool guardom is mine. Anyway I'll be working up my character. Just get in contact with me when you're ready to get it started. Please and thanks.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Haibane

Quote from: MagicalPen on July 18, 2008, 07:30:17 AM
Ok, I want to keep the ball rolling on this while it is hot. I have not heard back from the original two interested players, so at this point Inkedu will be playing the position of the Guard...which means some one else needs to as well? And I think we had a Healer of some sort too? So, everyone else can PM their character ideas. Or post here.
What details do you need? Is there a 'character sheet' type layout you'd like me to follow?

Ramster

I'd like to play a warrior of some kind, if you're in need of one. I want a beard and a bg axe!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

MagicalPen

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=18532.0

Check that out and then send me your character sheet. If all is good, i will let you know and you can post it in that thread.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

*Bump*

Looking for a Female Healer type to fill an opened role.

PM me for more details.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

This position has been filled.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry