Clowns of the Devils Carnival. [b-movie horror]

Started by Celestial Goblin, October 03, 2006, 05:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Goblin

Yesterday, a circus came to the city. They pitched their colorful tents just at the edge of your neighbourhood. Just another gay and happy event during this summer, exciting for kids and annoying for those that dislike clowns or loud music.

It's a boring and hot day for you. Like most young adults, you could be planning vacations or cursing the need to work during the summer. You could be in love. Oh yes you could.

What's that shouting? Someone calling for help? Well, there's nothing here but a colorful car with clowns giving free tickets to their show in two days from now on. No one saw anyone shrieking in fear here.

(note, this game will contain some pretty serious violence, altough gore and sexuality will be kept separated from each other. No site limits will be breached.)

Hello everyone and let me invite you to this frantic game of laughing horror. It's b-movie horror, so you can expect some serious fear and a hefty dose of macabre, but not much psychological introspection. The game will likely go into Heavy section and it's going to be a system game, but with a very simple ruleset.
I know there was a b-movie rules light game proposed a while ago and died, but i'm hoping to try the idea again. All people that were looking forward to that one, including the wonderful gamemistress, please consider giving my 'b-game' a try.

I'm looking for at least three people, though i'd prefer more than that. Due to the game being horror and due to the action being confined to one part of the city, it will be easy both to 'bow out' and to 'join in' the game without breaking the plot.

I'd propose that characters be young adults, from 18 to late twenties, and as cliched as possible. While i'm not setting any particular time period, my mind is somewhere around 60's, 70's or 80's. And it's America, but the kind you see in movies of course.
If anyone wants to play a character from a different mold, we can come to agreement. Just keep within the 'b-movie' range.

Themes of the game are also up to discussion. If any player is creeped out by a particular theme, please let me know and i'll try to find a solution pleasing everyone.

there will be a lot of bondage, fetishes of all kinds and kinky distress of all kinds.

there will be violence and some gore, but not connected to anything sexual. killer clowns can hack a player apart with cleavers *or* subject him to erotic torture, but those things will never be linked to each other.

there will be some survival horror feel and some paranoia about clowns preying on people. there will be a need for good planning if one wishes to survive, but death will not always be result of mistakes. (and see previous point)

there will be themes of imprisonment in the haunted circus and the threat of becoming the clowns slave forever! *points finger threateningly*

For the system, i am undecided yet. I'm open for propositions. My current favorites would include:
The Pool, Wushu, Risus, nWoD.

glorified painter

Now that sounds like my kind of game! I am very interested... although the systems you have listed I am not familiar with... I do know The Buffy System!

That would be perfect for B-Horror.

I am willing to learn new systems.

Elvi

Naughty Celestial, naughty naughty NAUGHTY angelic greenskin!

You gone and dun made it a system one haven't you and it sounds so good!

*huffs*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

RubySlippers

For such a simple game why not use the free and very easy one RISUS, anyone can then get the ruls and do a character without headaches.

Elvi

*laughs*
If you had ever played with Celestial, you would realise that nothing is just a 'simple' game.....

CaptainErotica

Celestial Goblin

Okay, i'm very happy i got such a quick response.

I'd like to use RISUS for this game, because it's indeed very simple and very amusing.
http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/downloads.htm

But if Elvi asked... *smiles* I can make this even easier. I'll use Risus, but behind the curtain. When creating your character, you only need to provide me with a list of 'cliches' which are simply the characters textual description. If you want to use RISUS rules to give me the exact point values, it's okay. If not, i'll handle it myself.

I'll PM to get the forum today and post guidelines there. Basically, you'r description needs to look a bit like this:

Mark Derrick
Mark is a top ranking college student, managing to be both a math genius and an accomplished athlethe. Respected both amongst 'geeks' and 'jocks', he still doesn't have much real friends. Mark's parents both disappearead in mysterious circumstances at his young age, but he still believes he can find them.

Cliches:
Math genius
Accomplished athlethe
Loner
Searches for his parents

PhoenixBlaze

This is beautiful celest, I like it and you have convinced me to join.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

RubySlippers

I love Risus I run several games with it at conventions and when we just want a pick-up game if bored with other systems around here where I live.

Are you allowing extra dice for taking a HOOK and doing a TALE of the character?

Celestial Goblin

For a Hook, yes. An extra dice for providing the character with some kind of flaw or a need to fulfill a goal.
For a Tale, i guess also. An extra dice for a detailed description of the character's background.

Celestial Goblin

Celestial Goblin

We have the first character up. Is anyone interested in playing the guy's daughter? He'd come to the eeeevil circus to pick her up or something...

Celestial Goblin

So far i got but one character.
I'm willing to wait until the next weekend, then hopefully begin the game or bemoan it's demise.
The characters need to only have a description provided, no RISUS stats are required.

Have fun everybody.

Elvi

But it still has rules Angel........*bottom lip quivers*

Celestial Goblin

Doesn't have. I keep them all hidden. You won't see any rules in your view, for sake of improving the immersion. That i'll be keeping a few numbers on a notecard in RL will hardly affect anything, won't it?

Elvi

But they're there......hovering over me......watching a waiting to pounce out at me just when I am all nice and settled......Numbers have big huge teeth and jaws that lock in place.....they come and get you and they won't let go!

*whimpers*

Celestial Goblin

It's not any different than any of our other games...
Really...
No numbers, no digits, no math...
It's all in my head.

Elvi

*laughs*

See how much I trust you?
I already have my character sat there in your inbox.

Elvi

Oh come on people..........Angel and I are all set up and ready to go!
Where is everyone?

CaptainErotica

Celestial Goblin

The game will start saturday or late friday.
And i'm perfectly happy with running with three characters at the beginning.

Celestial Goblin

This is the topic.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7559.0
We already started, but new characters are able to join the game at any point.