Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"And what makes you think that don't have a plan already?  I may be young and unexperienced, but I'm not stupid and I can take care of myself. Besides, I highly doubt that they will shoot to kill. Be sure to keep a tight leash on Morrison for me." With that she turned out through the door, leaving Izzy behind. She prayed to God that she could keep up with the pieces of a plan she had made.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"This isn't about you being young and inexperienced," Izzy replied. "This is being realistic. You have no idea where your sister is right now, outside of that building you have no idea where to start looking for her. We don't have time to run wild goose chases in the hope that you find the ride hiding place before they make their move. I've lost too many friends to these bastards already without letting you go charging off without knowing where to even start looking. You think if I had the chance you do to save my sister I wouldn't jump at it? Your sister wouldn't want you to go get yourself killed just for her would she?"

Animegurl5

Calling over her shoulder, Sky grimaced. "It's the exact thing we promised each other, and I know for a fact that she would do the same for me. So yeah, I know this is extremely stupid and I have no chance, but I will go down fighting when I still have that chance. And as I said, I doubt that they will shoot to kill."
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"You forget Skylar, I've been undercover with these guys for years," Izzy said. "They know you're with Morrison, even if no-one else would order them to shoot on sight Linklater will, if only so he can punish Morrison. He hasn't told you why he has a personal grudge with Linklater has he? Its nothing to do with thinking he went rogue."

Animegurl5

"When you put it that way I have no choice but to guess it has something to do with girl issues. What'd he do? Steal her heart?  It still is a chance that I need to take and every moment I stand here the more she slips away from me. I will not lose her again. Not to them and especially not the way they are trying to take her. I go, and I have a shot. I stay and that shot disappears, and with it everything I ever was and am. That would hurt him a lot more than any physical loss could. Do you understand that?"

Lady Jenn

"That's not the point," she said. "You need..." She was interrupted as Turk ran out of the briefing room, a surprised look on his face.

"You two are going to want to see this," he said. "It seems, before they got to her, Keeley managed to leave us a clue. She obviously thought you'd come after her and...you'll have to see it, I can't explain it easily."

Animegurl5

"I'll hear this but afterwards I'm out of here." With her bag still slung over her shoulder she walked into the briefing room, not meeting the gaze of anybody there. "What did you find that has Turk's panties in a twist." She stated, an indifferent mask filling her features to hide any of her earlier emotions.

Lady Jenn

"There was something Keeley found days before she vanished," Yuchi said from where he was sat at a computer in the corner. "You could miss it easily because its under a file I copied onto the disk almost by accident. Firebrand are running a carehome slap bang in the middle of nowhere."

"So?" Izzy said, with a note of annoyance in her voice. "Maybe some of them aren't quite the jerks we think."

"Problem is Yuchi looked this place up on the web," Petra said. "If this place was a carehome someone forgot to tell any of the local authorities, they appear to be under the impression its a deserted farmhouse. So Yuchi looked at the file again, this 'home' has only two residents. One is some guy named Tyler Westbrook, the other is..."

"Skylar's sister," Izzy said. "She must've guessed they were planning something and wanted to make sure the secret didn't die with her. I'm guessing this isn't a place we can just turn up at though?"

"That's the other thing that told us it wasn't a carehome," Yuchi said. "Its surrounded by 6 foot tall electrified barbed wire and I counted at least fifty armed guards around it. Firebrand clearly have something in that house they won't let the authorities see. There's no way of sneaking into that place without tripping any kind of alarm judging by the file she discovered."

Animegurl5

"Great, so now I know what to do. Tom I have a plan but I need you to cooperate with me and let me go through with this." Her eyes were pleading, her voice thick with anticipation. "I know what I am doing, and I know all of the risks that go with it... the consequences that could fall upon more people than I can imagine if I fail. But that can't stop me from going. I'm not asking your permission to go, I'm asking for you to make it easier to go."

Lady Jenn

"If you want to go do," Tom said, trying to hide a note of anger in his voice. "I can't sanction you to go on this mission and put my nephew at risk but if I can't stop you going I'm not standing in your way." He walked out, deciding to get a breath of fresh air before he said something he regretted.

"There has to be a way of finding his nephew," Tom said to Yuchi.  "Plus something is bothering me, the name of the sister's roommate...gimme a sec, I think I know who he is."

"I can give you a flight out to America," Turk said to Skylar, "but I can't go against Tom's orders. If you're going in there we can't help you. I'm sorry."

Morrison didn't want to speak to Skylar, he was angry at her and Tom, but he knew could say little to persuade either to change their minds but he was trying to hide how he felt.

Animegurl5

"Thank you Turk. All I need is to be dropped off as close to Firebrand's HQ as possible. I have an idea that I think will work but I need to get back into that building we were for our last mission. I realize that might not be so easy but as close as you can get would be great." She smiled at Turk apologetically, turning to look at Morrison who was obviously upset with the decisions made. "It's for the best." She breathed to herself, hoping she was right about this.

Lady Jenn

"Its too risky," Petra said. "Everyone in that building knows you're with Izzy and Morrison, they aren't going to fall for the same trick twice. Besides, that's Linklater and Snake's territory, odds are they'll wait till you're somewhere safely out of harm's way to bump you off. Its up to you though." She could sense the anger morrison evidently felt as he stood talking to Yuchi as they looked at a computer file. She stepped close enough to Skylar that only she would hear what she said. "You need to be sure you're doing the right thing here, Morrison cares about you, you're putting him in an impossible situation. He doesn't want to risk hurting his friend but he can't bear hurting you either. If you have to go at least speak to him before you do."

Animegurl5

"His situation is just as hard as mine. I'm torn between a man that I really, truly do like and my own flesh and blood. I think I will take your advice though. Turk, thing you can start up our ride? I'll meet you in a minute." She walked over to Morrison and tapped his shoulder, waiting for him to acknowledge her before she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." It was all she could say at the moment, knowing fully well how hard this was for many and especially for him.

Lady Jenn

"Don't go," he said, visibly shaking. "If Linklater knowsabout you and me..." he tried to steel himself, with only moderate success. "I've already lost one girl I loved to him, I don't want him to cost me another one." Almost without thinking he kissed her, forgetting there was anyone else around thm and not caring at that moment. Part of him was that terrified he was about to lose her he didn't want her to go without knowing how he felt.

Animegurl5

She kissed him back not wanting to let him go but she knew that she had to. "I have to, I must go. You don't have to worry about him, I promise you he won't hurt me. You won't lose me to him, I swear. But if I stay here and something happens to my sister... I'll be nothing but an empty shell, and that will hurt you a lot more than anything else ever could. All I ask is that you have faith in me, have faith that I can do this and come back home to you." She met his gaze but looked away quickly. "I'm sorry." She kissed him again and ran out of the room, trying to hold back tears that threatened to show.

Lady Jenn

"Hold on," Izzy said, stopping her before she reached the aircraft where Turk was waiting. "I might have a way to help you, although Tom will probably kill me for it. There's another MI6 agent in Firebrand's HQ, a woman about your age called Fizz. Tell her Izzy sent you, she'll know to trust you. Plus...I just realised I recognise Tyler's name too, he's MI6. Fizz will probably now how to contact him and get him to give you some help."

Animegurl5

"If I'm caught talking to Fizz then I might blow her cover. I don't know if I want to deal with that responsibility, but I'll see if I can even get close to the building." She had her hand rested on the craft, looking at Izzy. "I'll see what I can do, but no promises. And Izzy, will you do me a favor? Don't let Morrison out of your sight."

Lady Jenn

"If he's going to end up following you I don't think even Tom is capable of stopping him," she said with a slightly embarrassed laugh. "But I'll try my best." She turned to Turk who was clearly getting impatient. "You can't use the same airfield, if even one Firebrand agent followed you there odds are they'll have laid a trap in case we come back."

Animegurl5

"Thanks." She climbed up into the craft, taking a deep breath to calm the nerves already building up in her stomach. "Perhaps if we were to go around and use the airfield on the other side of town. It would mean a longer walk for me but I can manage. What do you think?" She asked Turk, taking a seat by him.

Lady Jenn

"Okay," Turk replied. "I grew up in the city so I know the airfield you mean. We should go now though, the longer we take the harder it'll be for Izzy and co to cover our backs."

"Go with her Turk," Izzy said. "They won't know you're an agent, plus otherwise it means sitting at the airfield until she needs the plane again. You can always show her that Lambourghini you're always boasting to everyone you own," she said, laughing as he looked slightly embarrassed at the comment.

Animegurl5

"No argument from me." She said to him, looking over to Izzy. "I'll see you soon." She smiled brightly but on the inside she was only thinking about how she was going to make that statement true. With a sigh she turned back to Turk. "You're right, we really should leave now if we want this to run smoothly. Let's go."

Lady Jenn

"Fizz's number if you decide to contact her," Izzy said as Turk started the engine up. "If you want to reach Tyler you'll have to ask her, Tyler's a Terminator-class, I don't have clearance to know his contact number. Ask Turk if you want to know what that means."

Animegurl5

"Thanks, I'll be sure to ask when the curiosity has just about eaten me alive." She laughed and sat back. "This will be a piece of cake! I'll be back in no time." She waved and smiled, turning to ask Turk about Tyler almost immediately. "So what's this Terminator-class thing?"

Lady Jenn

"Terminator-class is an elite class of secret agent," Turk replied as they took off.  "When there's a mission CIA or MI6 can't risk a normal agent being detected doing they dispatch a Terminator level agent. They're cleared to use whatever tactics are required to complete the mission but the minute you agree to take on a mission as far as the agency is concerned you cease to exist. You get captured and you're completely on your own. If Tyler is deep in Firebrand territory then he's not there for surveillance."

Animegurl5

"Interesting. Sounds like a really fun but really dangerous job. But what kind of benefits would one get from that, I mean there is no outside help and you are completely on your own... What's the good part?"