Started by Crash, June 11, 2021, 03:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0i9z

Name : Kieri
Race: Goblin
Orientation: Anything
Ons : Size difference, stretchiness, exhibitionism
Offs : Anal, pregnancy, toilet stuff
Favorite Mode of Attack: Awkwardly slashing with a halberd that's a bit too big for her.
Height : Small
Build : Pear
Description : A small goblin with red hair and growing yellow eyes, covered in tribal markings. She usually carries a halberd and reluctantly wears a cloak that's too light to hide the fact well  that she's wearing nothing underneath it. On her head is a mask carved from the skull of a beast she has slain during one of her trials, which she usually wears while in combat.
Personality : Proud and driven, Kieri is also extremely casual about sex and nudity, due to her goblin upbringing.

Story : Kieri hails from a distant goblin tribe, following a long-time tradition. Once a year, the best of their new warriors is chosen. For a year, the chosen receives the best the village has to offer, the best food, the best training, the best mates. And them they are sent out into the run, not to return for a long time. Perhaps never. Kieri was one of the chosen, sent off into a quest without goal. It has been a long way and a long time since she's seen her native village. She's recently arrived in Amberdale and is interested in learning what there is to learn there.

Chaosfox

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2021, 10:12:18 PM
I will review characters as soon as I can but a couple of quick things.

No magic items. 

Your mode of attack should be clear that you are a beginner and be actual moves not fighting styles.  You are legit a newbie to any adventuring.  A giant rat or goblin is a threat to your life.

Think more campy or amusing.  Like Beginning Dance Fighting and Elven Stabby Stab.

Elven Stabby Stab is legit the best move I think I have ever seen
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Crash

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 11, 2021, 10:27:09 PM
Elven Stabby Stab is legit the best move I think I have ever seen

I was rather proud of it.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kissa

There are some great and interesting chars already. I was wondering, when should I have char sheet ready? I'm kinda slow at making char sheets.

Crash

Quote from: Kissa on June 11, 2021, 11:07:29 PM
There are some great and interesting chars already. I was wondering, when should I have char sheet ready? I'm kinda slow at making char sheets.

You can take your time. I still have to write up some threads as well as npc’s and with his being a sandbox free form game recruiting will stay open until we no longer want to play. So no time limit to send in a character.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Sketch

Just planting a small flag here of interest as I work between a couple different character ideas.

Gardsorm

Gardsorm

First attempt, here we go~:

Name: Jasper Hulfort
Race: Human
Orientation: Pansexual
Ons: Cuddling, Carrying, Flirting, Teasing, Oral, Sex in the Wilderness (and more)
Offs: Scat, Piss, Poor Hygiene, Torture
Favorite Mode of Attack: Jasper has no defined fighting style, but shows plenty of promise and is quite eager to show it. He's decent enough in a fight from all the bar fights he's gotten himself into over the years, definitely isn't something he likes to advertise. He also tends to be a bit showy about it, almost like he's fighting for onlookers.

Hatchet Man - When Jasper arms himself, he does so with a pair of trusty hardwood hatchets. Poor for cutting but nice at bonking, they're great for giving the opposition splitting headaches.

Center of Attention - A loudmouth and boisterous through and through, he'll usually shout things that would make even the most composed person want to crack him in the jaw, keeping their attention on him. This usually contributes more to his continued incurring pain, but better him than others, right?

Height: 6'4
Build: Tall, built like a rock.
Description: Wild and untamed blonde hair with blue eyes. Rough, cream colored skin that bears more than a small amount of scars and bruises. Pearly whites that are arguably one of the only features on his body that haven't been damaged in some way, and enough muscle tone to make him eligible to be on call for surprise birthday party gifts for the willing. Can dress in normal clothing, but tends to be seen in more exposed leathery armors for ease of movement while out gathering wood.
Personality : Boisterous, happy-go-lucky, and rather optimistic even when down on his luck. It's rare to see him without a smile on his face... Or an injury on his body. He's seems quite prone to being injured, especially when volunteering to help others. A person most likely to be voted an idiot and not take offense to it.

Story: Born a resident from a far-off forested village, Jasper is the only child of his family, though hardly seemed to mind this growing up. His mother left at an early age for someone of greater wealth, leaving his father to raise him for some time among residents of the village. However, his father eventually disappeared one day while fetching lumber for the village and no one seems to know why... Or rather, some were not comfortable explaining why. Despite this, Jasper was raised with a positive outlook, and as long as no one erected a gravestone for either of his parents, he knew they were probably out there somewhere in the world. Over the years, he began to take an interest in his father's work and started to get into lumberjack duties and general woodworking.

In this way, he gave back to the village that raised him and made friends among those native and foreign to the quaint settlement. Tales of adventure from outside often passed his ears as he hung out at the local tavern, and before long, Jasper found himself wanting to go beyond the village to see the outside world for himself. One adventurer was helpful in pointing out the distant village of Amberdale as a good place to start and, once he'd packed up his tools and said his goodbyes to everyone, set out to leave his mark on the world and seek to cut down down trees in distant lands to help people. In limited amounts, of course, deforestation sucks.

However, no one told him the trip to Amberdale could be a dangerous one, and so the trip there had not been entirely pleasant. His first night camping saw him run afoul of giant spiders, arguably number one of his list of things he doesn't like. The second night saw his bag get stolen by bandits while he was distracted with a rather cute pair of twins (He never learned they were also working with the bandits, alas), and by night three, his attempt to bathe caused him to get pranked by lake fairies who stole his clothes. He was thankfully able to reclaim his underwear, but not before offending a couple hiking through the woods, who finally pointed him to the direction of Amberdale once it was clear he wasn't some creepy pervert flashing passerbys to get his rocks off.

And so after three, misfortune days, Jasper finally made it to Amberdale with little more than the cloth on his hips, hitting up the local Inn and Tavern for work opportunities. He was thankfully given proper clothes before being allowed to work, although his first earning went toward paying for these clothes. After that day Jasper has properly settled into life at Amberdale, putting his dream of adventuring in the world on hold until he could support himself better. He's taken a fancy to many of the residents of Amberdale, but feels he's yet to have met all of them.

Extra: Has an unspoken fear of anything with more than four legs.

Crash

I am going to throw some more character creation guidelines up in the next day or so.  But for those working on characters.

No more than two fighting style/modes of attack.  They should be literally an attack of some sort. The name of a combat maneuver or the name of a spell.  Anything more is above the power level of the game.  If you want to generally describe your fighting style then write up the two attacks that is fine too.

I will review and comment on submitted characters sometime in the next 3-4 days.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Crash on June 11, 2021, 10:12:18 PM
No magic items. 

Okee doke, I took out saying Jessynka's knick knacks were magic. My general idea behind them was they could be used as the start of an adventure, like a trinket turns out a key to a dungeon or an evil doer is interested in one for an unknown reason.

Crash

Quote from: Foxy DeVille on June 12, 2021, 10:29:44 AM
Okee doke, I took out saying Jessynka's knick knacks were magic. My general idea behind them was they could be used as the start of an adventure, like a trinket turns out a key to a dungeon or an evil doer is interested in one for an unknown reason.

If you plan to hand them out to people like quest starter items that works.

Pink Professional

Name : Leovic Stoneharth, son of Brynya and Stenna Stoneharth.
Race: ...Dwarf? (Half-Orc)
Occupation: Apprentice Blacksmith/Self-Styled 'Champion' of Amberdale
Orientation: Heterosexual
Ons : Challenges/goading, Friendly Romances, Shorter people, Longer sessions
Offs : Overly pushy people, smells, boring people.
Favorite Mode of Attack:

• THE MIGHTY HAMMER!- A Simple swing with his hammer, used more for Smithing than combat. If it hits someone, it'd probably hurt, but he's really not that accurate, and definitely not aware of the...mess that hitting someone or something with a hammer would make.
  • Half-Or'Dwarven' Rage – A big boost of adrenaline and nothing more, owing to his very obvious heritage.
Height : 6'4
Build : 246 lbs
Description : Leovic is a broad shouldered, heavy-set Orcish man with an immaculately kept beard – even if it is short by his family's standards – and well maintained chestnut hair. His orcish fangs are short, and his skin is an almost human-looking olive that would make him difficult to distinguish from a human at a distance. He is body-builder fit, with a strong paunch and big arms, and his almond coloured eyes seem friendly enough, even if they have a glint in them at the mention of gold.

Personality : | Driven | Confident | Passionate | Impressionable | Success-Oriented |

Story : Rumour tells of the great Stoneharth family line; a bloodline of champions and heroes spanning generation after generation. Oracles often fortell that a child of this blood will save not only Amberdale, but the world from immense danger; and this generation is no different. Their latest child is rumoured to be a warrior of incredible Dwarven courage, tenacity, and skill.

...This is not there story.

Leovic was adopted by Brynya and Stenna when he was a wee babe, and was the 'Younger brother' to his Sister, Helja. The two were inseparable, and whether or not Leovic knows he isn't a dwarf or not is equal parts debated and irrelivant. He was certainly raised as one: Espousing the virtues of honour, family, pride, and honesty above all else. Things were basically idyllic for Leovic until he started to get just a bit too tall for the hold, and a bit too strong to rough-house with the other Dwarven Youths, who he grew up faster than.

As a favour to his family, Leovic was apprenticed to a skilled Dwarven smith and, to his credit, Leovic proved talented enough. He shone when given hardy metalwork to craft, and even started to thrive in his apprenticeship within a couple of years. Normally, Leovic would keep working with his master, maybe await an opening in a good old fashioned Dwarf Hold, but...well...Dwarves are long-lived, and those vacancies opened up every other decade. Leovic, well, he doesn't have that long.

And so, instead Leovic borrowed some gold from his ma and pa, and set off to the nearest town on the surface to work. He found Amberdale as much by chance as anything – The caravan he travelled with was beset by monsters from the Oldwall forest as they set up to leave, and while Leovic was emptying his bladder behind a bush. The town guard heard his frenzied screams as he tried to run from the wolf pack, and they accepted him in the smithy ever since. He -Perhaps a little prematurely - insists that his skills as a Smith are masterful, but currently he's only the second smith, and mostly just makes horseshoes and nails...

Crash

I am going to put a quick pause on character submittals for the moment as I think there is a little misunderstanding as to what I am looking for for this game.  That is on me.  I should have held off on recruitment until I had some items better defined.  Everyone please give me a little bit to rewrite some things to make it more clear and so everyone is on the same page.  I should have put some NPC’s together and the like first.

Feel free to continue to drop character concepts and ideas here but hold off on completing a character sheet.

Gardsorm

Feel free to take your time. ^^ I'm happy to adjust anything required when info becomes available, I just kinda flew on autopilot a bit when I heard lighthearted and silly fun.

Sketch

I'll be glad to read more criteria for characters as I was chaotically bouncing between a few different ideas and it might help level me out.

Crash

Quote from: Gardsorm on June 12, 2021, 01:31:08 PM
Feel free to take your time. ^^ I'm happy to adjust anything required when info becomes available, I just kinda flew on autopilot a bit when I heard lighthearted and silly fun.

Quote from: Sketch on June 12, 2021, 01:39:31 PM
I'll be glad to read more criteria for characters as I was chaotically bouncing between a few different ideas and it might help level me out.

Thank you and yes I think it will help everyone.

Raven Rawne

The idea is fairly interesting, actually. And hilarious to know a big spider is a deadly threat for the adventurers. I wish the GM a lot of inspiration to flesh this one out, multi writer sandboxes are quite hard to pull off, but so fun when they work.

I'll await for the planned revamp to take shape, then hopefully offer a character submission to add to the game. A priestess of Casta or maybe a town watch official? Someone to offer tasks and help keep the town feel alive for the brave heroes.

Crash

It shouldn’t take long, though at the moment I am chasing a water leak in my house, trying to find the offending pipe or appliance, so I didn’t get the time today I wanted on it.

Raven Rawne

Well I'd say take as much time as necessary! The story will get that much better thanks to your effort.

Also, best of luck with tracking that leak!

Wilderness Soul

This looks fun and I have plenty of chars that could be nice new adventurers, if this opens up for recruiting again I'd love to join.

Basic idea is your run of the mill thug looking to earn money for his drinking habit.

Re Z L

Quote from: Wilderness Soul on June 12, 2021, 04:10:20 PM
This looks fun and I have plenty of chars that could be nice new adventurers, if this opens up for recruiting again I'd love to join.

Basic idea is your run of the mill thug looking to earn money for his drinking habit.

As the bartender, I firmly support that everyone have a drinking habit
A&A

Wilderness Soul

lol well if I join my thug will be best friends with your slime girl.

Crash

Okay.  I have updated the first post and will start to look through Character Sheets that are submitted.

If you have any questions on the character creation guidelines please let me know.  If the new information means that you are no longer interested, that is totally okay too.  Just please let me know so I don't accidently review a character that for an uninterested player.

Once approved I will add your character to an approved character thread and start up an OOC.  After that I will work on NPC's for the town and IC threads.  The later items may take a bit as we have a lot of characters to look over and more hopefully to come. 

There is no player limit to this game. 

Wilderness Soul

Crash

Okay comments have been PM'd to the players of all posted characters.  If I missed someone please let me know.