You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Bigglesworth

I'm going to take a nap now.  Yay me.

blue bunny sparkle

if you're jealous Mr. Bigglesworth gets to take a nap!

Rolo

You know you are over 40 if you remember when naps where involuntary instead of a necessity.

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

Autumn52

If you remember when artistic impression was you coloring out of the lines.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Captain Maltese

If getting wasted lost its appeal a long, long time ago.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Captain Maltese

If kids' pranks makes your anger boil to the point where rigging up razor wire in anticipation of their next sneaky visit seems entirely reasonable.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

Teo Torriatte

You were an adult when MTV actually played videos.

despickable

You think all the music these days is crap and are heard to say "You call that music?"

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

auroraChloe

you remember the fading "dot" when you turned off the television.

a/a 8/21/17

Torch

Quote from: auroraChloe on May 29, 2012, 08:01:51 AM
you remember the fading "dot" when you turned off the television.

Or the National Anthem being played when the station signed off for the evening. :-)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Iniquitous

If you remember when there was no call waiting and no cell phones. If you remember playing in the sprinkler during the summer. If you were the remote for your dad (and the channel changer on the tv was a dial you had to turn). If your bicycle had the old banana seat and you regularly rode double on the bike (either someone riding behind you or on the handlebars).
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

auroraChloe

Quote from: Torch on May 29, 2012, 08:09:07 AM
Or the National Anthem being played when the station signed off for the evening. :-)

yup.  good lord. 

the old indian sign off image... i've seen that, but don't think it is an actual memory of early childhood. 

a/a 8/21/17

Captain Maltese

...you remember the sole tv channel had a 'technical error' poster that could be stuck on the screen for hours.

zbeast

You remember when the kids had free roam in the back of the station wagon during road trips.

You remember when 8-Track tapes were a new thing.

You remember when handheld calculators came along.  You learned trigonometry and logarithms with tables and slide rules.

auroraChloe

you may have heard the expression (or similar)  'if i had my druthers'   

a/a 8/21/17

LunarSage

If you remember when microwaves were a new thing.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Dovel

Quote from: Prefect Mos on June 10, 2011, 04:54:07 PM
[you] Knows there over forty, cause they dont know how I guessed they would read this.

*gasps*  I am not over 40, yet. I still have another year to be young. :P
Now we live, tomorrow not
Enjoy your pleasures, lest they rot
Let not them pass this very day
For on the morrow regret may with you stay

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Mr Bigglesworth

You had to decide between betamax and VHS - and 8 tracks were cool.

despickable

You know you are over forty cos you remember you didn't need to wear helmets to ride your bike, your neighbors knew you and it was safe to go into their house for a soda and a cookie.

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Caitlin

Rolo

If you can remember when 10 p.m. was when things got shakin', rather than a sound bedtime.

Seduction is merely hypnosis with desire!

-KAI-

Dirty old man in training!
Sneaky Little Bastard!

auroraChloe

a/a 8/21/17

Autumn52

If you understand what this picture means:

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

DeadCell

if you are posting in this thread :)

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?