The sailors are back in town!

Started by barrien, January 16, 2011, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrien

The sailors(Spooky and I) are back from deployment, armed with fresh internet connections and lots of time on shore!

A picture summing up our long voyage halfway around the world(High-res shot so not img linking it):

http://trigit.net/DSC_0220.JPG

Wyrd

Ragtime Dandies!

Mithlomwen

Glad you made it back safe and sound.  :-)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Oniya

So, is that a captured flag, or personal?  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

spooky

Personal, well to the ship. We aren't pirates we just tell people where they can and cannot sail and beat the living trash out of retards who think pirating near a US NAval warship is a smart idea.
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

Callie Del Noire

A Small boy I take it. I did my time on the Nimitz and Stennis way back when.. did the ditch, got my time in front of King Neptune and the rest.

Beguile's Mistress

barrien

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 16, 2011, 04:24:57 PM
A Small boy I take it. I did my time on the Nimitz and Stennis way back when.. did the ditch, got my time in front of King Neptune and the rest.

Aye, a small boy. A cruiser, to be exact, Ticonderoga class :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: barrien on January 16, 2011, 09:44:41 PM
Aye, a small boy. A cruiser, to be exact, Ticonderoga class :P

Or as we on the CVNs used to say, "Too Small"

Nothing like cutting through a pacific monsoon to make those guys look scary to be on. But you guys got to go in more than we did!  Glad to hear you got back safe and sound.

OHWceta

I was a bit disappointed when I found out I wasn't going to be on a ship.

As a Corpsman I'm going to mostly be in a Hospital. What's your rate and rank? How long have you been in?
I joined in June so not long for me, I'm still just an HR.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

barrien

Quote from: OHWceta on January 17, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
I was a bit disappointed when I found out I wasn't going to be on a ship.

As a Corpsman I'm going to mostly be in a Hospital. What's your rate and rank? How long have you been in?
I joined in June so not long for me, I'm still just an HR.

Every small boy Navy ship has 2-3 Corpsmen on it, with the big decks having more, so the odds are actually pretty good that you'll end up on a ship. Though the odds are just as good that you'll end up with the Marines :P

And I am an STG2(SW), been in for 5 1/4th years or so, hopefully I SHOULD make E-6 within the next year.

OHWceta

Nice, I want to at least get to 2nd Class Petty Officer before i get out, I don't think I'll be staying in as a long carreer though.
Most of the Ship Billets don't go to Corpsmen fresh out of A-School, usually we start getting ship options after we've hit the 2 year mark.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Callie Del Noire

Before I got medically retired, I was an AT2(AW). Piece of advice for ANY servicemen/women in (active/reserve/whatever) get EVERYTHING that is done to you documented in your medical record. I almost wound up getting next to nothing when I was sent on my merry way. The VA gave me 80% disability for my bad shoulder, knees, blood pressure and other stuff.