Cursed Tales: Cleaning up the City [Recruitment][LGBTA+ Friendly]

Started by Drowned Vandal, April 24, 2023, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless One

Interested! If there's still room for another player!  ;D
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: Nameless One on May 01, 2023, 05:04:09 AM
Interested! If there's still room for another player!  ;D

Of course the more the merrier. Feel free to reach out with questions and all that.

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 30, 2023, 08:42:05 PM
Toying with a set of twins, that had an encounter with hag/witch sort of deal. Looking into stories now, trying to figure out what sort of powers I want. So I can make them make sense with the story I pick...if that makes sense? LOL would potion making be a power? Or ritual casting? Obviously limited to begin with. Hmm...looking at the blind witch from Hansel and Gretel, or maybe Baba Yaga? Dives into research mode.

I should warn you that there is someone else working on a sibling Baba Yaga thing.

But yeah you can make the powers fit… though the abilities should be specific in effect. The flavor is really up to you.  :-) Certainly encourage creativity there.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Drowned Vandal on May 01, 2023, 07:59:34 PM

I should warn you that there is someone else working on a sibling Baba Yaga thing.

But yeah you can make the powers fit… though the abilities should be specific in effect. The flavor is really up to you.  :-) Certainly encourage creativity there.

Ok no baba yaga got it. :) and ok I’ll think on it and see what I can come up with. I’d hate to feel like I’m copying someone.

Nameless One

I'm inclined towards a healer-ish kind of character... Maybe having something to do with an erinyes curse. But I'm ready to change path if necessary!
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Xurtan

Quote from: Nameless One on May 03, 2023, 02:52:50 AM
I'm inclined towards a healer-ish kind of character... Maybe having something to do with an erinyes curse. But I'm ready to change path if necessary!

Healers are always fun! My aerial bombardment character will need someone to patch him up. >.> Also furies are always fantastic.

Xanatos

Quote from: Nameless One on May 03, 2023, 02:52:50 AM

My gun-ho lass will be needing healing too lol. She's going to get herself hurt plenty (hopefully giving as good as she gets >.> ).

Amaris

If there is anyone looking that might be interested. I'm looking for someone to play my character Dmitri's little brother Mikhail (Misha). The short version is that they were taken by Baba Yaga and Dmitri freed them but at the expense of some others. Misha is 5-6 years younger than Dmitri and an addict now because the curse has terrorized them for years and years. For now, Misha is like the only thing Dmitri loves and cares about, even though he's still pretty grumpy with Misha as well. Please dont be afraid to ask if you have questions.

Amarlo

Quote from: Amaris on May 04, 2023, 06:29:06 PM
If there is anyone looking that might be interested. I'm looking for someone to play my character Dmitri's little brother Mikhail (Misha). The short version is that they were taken by Baba Yaga and Dmitri freed them but at the expense of some others. Misha is 5-6 years younger than Dmitri and an addict now because the curse has terrorized them for years and years. For now, Misha is like the only thing Dmitri loves and cares about, even though he's still pretty grumpy with Misha as well. Please dont be afraid to ask if you have questions.

I like it. I don't play males but I just had to say I approve. x3 -Totally helpful.-

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Amaris

Quote from: Amarlo on May 04, 2023, 07:42:50 PM
I like it. I don't play males but I just had to say I approve. x3 -Totally helpful.-

Damn it, Amarlo lol. Thanks though!

RainyHigh

*planting interest flag*

I have some ideas brewing, but going to research some curses and folklore for a bit.
Once I do, I'll request an FC to reserve.
Thanks, Amaris, for pointing me in this direction.  >:)

Update: I'd like to reserve the curse/creature association: Skin-Walker.

Update: I'd like to reserve the FC: María Mercedes Coroy
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

CurvyKitten

Trying to work up a my sheets, just having trouble thinking up abilities that work with my concept. That and I've had a bad couple of pain days so its been hard to think. But I promise I'm trying!

FC reserve Andy Biersack, and Rickey Aimee. And the Rosina Leckermaul (blind witch, witch from hansel and gretel) for the monster.

Xurtan

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 07, 2023, 05:34:38 PM
Trying to work up a my sheets, just having trouble thinking up abilities that work with my concept. That and I've had a bad couple of pain days so its been hard to think. But I promise I'm trying!

Oof, hope the pain calms down at least! Definitely enjoyed your characters in the past so curious to see what you come up with for CT.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Xurtan on May 07, 2023, 05:49:50 PM
Oof, hope the pain calms down at least! Definitely enjoyed your characters in the past so curious to see what you come up with for CT.

Meds are helping, just making me swimmy heading. But I am tinkering away at my sheets to distract myself. But I'm stuck on skills and the magical abilities. Here is what I have so far, I am open to suggestions. I was thinking something like artistic creation for Reese, she can draw it can bring it into being. Starts small but the ability can grow. No idea what to do with Zane lol.

Zane
Reese

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 07, 2023, 07:49:05 PM
Meds are helping, just making me swimmy heading. But I am tinkering away at my sheets to distract myself. But I'm stuck on skills and the magical abilities. Here is what I have so far, I am open to suggestions. I was thinking something like artistic creation for Reese, she can draw it can bring it into being. Starts small but the ability can grow. No idea what to do with Zane lol.

Zane
Reese

Haha love the face claims, Andy in particular is great. Though just a heads up for now we are only allowing players to have a single character.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Drowned Vandal on May 07, 2023, 08:09:16 PM
Haha love the face claims, Andy in particular is great. Though just a heads up for now we are only allowing players to have a single character.

BAH! But but...their siblings! Sighs~ Ok. I guess I'll play Zane and bring in Reese if/when you allow more characters.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 07, 2023, 08:15:29 PM
BAH! But but...their siblings! Sighs~ Ok. I guess I'll play Zane and bring in Reese if/when you allow more characters.

Think of it less as losing a PC and more gaining a way for the GM to make your character distraught, anxious, and miserable.   ;D

Xurtan

Quote from: CurvyKitten on May 07, 2023, 07:49:05 PM
Here is what I have so far, I am open to suggestions. I was thinking something like artistic creation for Reese, she can draw it can bring it into being. Starts small but the ability can grow. No idea what to do with Zane lol.

For what it's worth I'd say if you're stuck look at your curse and consider what sort of aspects or 'domains' they'd lean into, and draw from that. For example mine had a focus of knowledge so I squinted a bit and tugged that into paper, but there are more blatant/obvious ways to go about it.

Envious

Amaris was looking for a sibling. Dunno if your concept fits hers, tho.

Drowned Vandal

I’ll be getting to those that are waiting on having their sheets reviewed tomorrow morning. Thanks for the patience guys!

Xiomara

I think I'm posting a flag of interest here ... I'm still unsure - but color me intrigued ...
CURRENT STATUS: 1-2 Posts a Week
Faces of Xiomara
On's & Off's: 7/12/23
Absences: 2/20/24
Discord: xiomara_andas

Yukina

Quote from: Jadis on May 23, 2023, 04:55:40 PM
I think I'm posting a flag of interest here ... I'm still unsure - but color me intrigued ...

Jadis! :)

Drowned Vandal

Quote from: Jadis on May 23, 2023, 04:55:40 PM

Hello! And nice to meet you!

Sounds like a good deal to me. Please feel free to reach out if you end up with any questions as you think about it.

Backdraft

Hi, all! Sorry for the bump, but Amaris suggested that I check this game out and it seems like fun! Is there room for one more?

Amaris